Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,392 members, 7,839,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist (21001 Views)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by joemag: 11:24am On May 11
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
I was marvelled at her passion and zeal and how convincing she was .
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

Please, is there anyone with concrete approach on how I will go about this?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by advanceDNA: 11:38am On May 11
Shes 16,....let her imagination run wild... She sounds brilliant to me...

.most girls are age don't even think let alone know what they want out of life, and are just running after boys for, penis, urgent 2k and other greed-driven material things

Besides, what's wrong with being an advocate for her kind....??

163 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by brain54(m): 11:43am On May 11
Is advocating for women's right a bad thing...?

Even you were marveled at her passion and zeal.

Allow her... As long as her passion isn't a toxic one.

Most people have taken feminism to a toxic level but the original ideas of feminism is female education and equal opportunities in education, work and politics.

I don't see that as a bad thing!

150 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by thesicilian: 11:47am On May 11
She still has enough time to learn from experience.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Tallesty1(m): 11:58am On May 11
What exactly is the problem here?

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Solofresh2: 12:12pm On May 11
Let her be the feminist she wants to be.Life go humble am
Experience is the best teacher

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by joemag: 12:15pm On May 11
Tallesty1:
What exactly is the problem here?

Her idea of becoming a Feminist.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bobbybrown007: 12:37pm On May 11
No mind her jare, na ways for her not to do any work for house. To even cook go con hard.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Pussyisgud: 12:41pm On May 11
She is threading a path of destruction, you better kill that devil inside of her or it will destroy her.
Check all feminist their life don spoil none of them are married, the married ones are divorced and they weep in silence regretting the stupid actions of their youthful days.

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by tommy589(m): 4:28pm On May 11
Your parents are good example of how to help balance her opinion . I hope your mother is not domesticated

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by joemag: 4:32pm On May 11
tommy589:
Your parents are good example of how to help balance her opinion . I hope your mother is not domesticated

Our mom is a civil servant.

6 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Deeprooted: 4:46pm On May 11
grin
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Sonnobax15(m): 4:46pm On May 11
grin
Advantage of her being a feminist is that Her kpekus will be secured,even when she's in the varsity........BUT then again,I just remembered that feminists are very likely to end up as evening newspaper angry

See op sister,see wahala shocked

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Blitzerz: 4:47pm On May 11
Find the root cause and address the issue

6 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 4:47pm On May 11
I can already tell that she’s probably growing up without an active father figure! She doesn’t know the value of having a man in her life, and the sad reality is, her mother won’t tell her the pains she’s going through doing it all alone.

Let’s be very clear, today’s feminism isn’t about advocating for women’s rights, it’s about dominating and hating on men including your husband and even father.

She’ll end up struggling her whole life alone and then realizing it wasn’t worth it.

A good way to help her is to find a retired feminist who is back to preaching reality for women

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by yesloaded: 4:47pm On May 11
joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

Don't stress yourself, na small pikin thing dey worry her

She will change her ideology as time goes on

10 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by TheWinterBird(f): 4:47pm On May 11
She probably learned that at school and kudos to them for teaching girls these important topics.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Reelmii: 4:47pm On May 11
Leave her na..what are u scared off...or do u have one of the traits she is fighting against

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by omoredia: 4:47pm On May 11
Too much Netflix cause am

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by oluwaseyi0: 4:48pm On May 11
She is going

In 10 years reality will kick in

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Bitojoe(m): 4:48pm On May 11
Respect her opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Raxxye(m): 4:48pm On May 11
From boarding in Secondary school, to admission into the University, she's already almost out of your grasp, and there's very little you can do to change her given that you don't have much access to her for lengthy discussions and advice. Her peers or teachers in school may have influenced her choices.
Best you can do is pray for her. She may outgrow it.
But do you think being an advocate for women is something you should worry about?

7 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by PlasmaTV: 4:49pm On May 11
Feminism isn't bad. The problem is MISANDRY.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cyojunior1(m): 4:49pm On May 11
Wait as she becomes one of those shaking bum bum on TikTok 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Feminist ko , fekomi herbs ni

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by santaclaws: 4:49pm On May 11
Don't worry, by the time she's 25, she would gladly denounce feminism... Dem no dey tell person 😸

13 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Ekugbeh(m): 4:50pm On May 11
Tell her to continue
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by id4sho(m): 4:50pm On May 11
Give her boyfriend smiley wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by BloodyDoe(f): 4:50pm On May 11
I don’t see any problem here, what’s wrong against advocating for women’s right. Feminism as it is, is the political and economic liberation of women all over the world and we need more women, young girls to wake and stand against all form of gender segregation and stereotypes against women.

Feminism is not a woman refusing to cook for her husband or whatever you think it is. It is both men and women standing on equal grounds in the society.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Hermanie(m): 4:50pm On May 11
joemag:

What's wrong in being a feminist though? A feminist is someone who supports equal rights for women. I don't see anything wrong there. Even as a man you should support women having equal rights, or do you want your daughters to be less in life? Don't you want your daughters to have equal opportunities in life?

By the way, feminist is not a career. She's obviously a child and doesn't know what she really wants to do with life yet. Feminism or being a full time advocate is not a career. What you should do is guide her on how to become a women's advocate while in whatever field she chooses.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by DaddyCoool: 4:50pm On May 11
Pussyisgud:
She is threading a path of destruction, you better kill that devil inside of her or it will destroy her.
Check all feminist their life don spoil none of them are married, the married ones are divorced and they weep in silence regretting the stupid actions of their youthful days.

Nonsense. Chimamanda Adichie, foremost Nigerian feminist, is not only a celebrated author, she's happily married to a medical doctor with children

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by tommy589(m): 4:51pm On May 11
joemag:

Our mom is a civil servant.

A good one

Tell her stories of African women that flourished with no man holding them back,even before western education. Queen Amina,Efunroye Tinubu,Efunsetan and many more achieved greatness
Life is not fair,but let her look up women that fought side by side with men to achieve our independence

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by ecolime(m): 4:51pm On May 11
Let her enter University. Campus Niggas go shake off the feminism before she enter year 2.

Nothing like feminism in Nigeria, the toxic women you see around calling themselves feminists are just lonely and frustrated women wey Naija men don do shege.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... / Do Guys Cry After Being Dumped? / 3 Things You Should Never Do Around Your Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.