Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,683 members, 7,844,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist (21085 Views)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bentenny(m): 6:54pm On May 11
joemag:

She is attending an all girls catholic school
It's finished!
Nah only God go fit epp her!

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by osazsky(m): 6:56pm On May 11
joemag:

She is attending an all girls catholic school
lesbian this one's nor they marry.she wan use feminism cover up

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by advanceDNA: 7:05pm On May 11
mediclife1987:

Which girl still dey collect 2k for this Nigeria? Definitely not in this Lagos sha

Hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Baba...u be werey

Na true shaa
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Sleekfingers: 7:08pm On May 11
joemag:

Her idea of becoming a Feminist.

And what's wrong with that?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Sleekfingers: 7:11pm On May 11
tommy589:

A good one

Tell her stories of African women that flourished with no man holding them back,even before western education. Queen Amina,Efunroye Tinubu,Efunsetan and many more achieved greatness
Life is not fair,but let her look up women that fought side by side with men to achieve our independence

I believe you know that Efunsetan Aniwura was a slave merchant
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by etrange: 7:13pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

If you read the OP you would have seen that this us exavtly the idea of feminism the girl has. Besides, what rights would a Nigerian woman say she doesn't have today? Genuinely curious.

You may not see it because you aren't the one on the receiving end, and that's okay. The problem only arises when it's presented to you and you still find ways to dismiss them. I'll give you a few and it's going to be one hell of a long list:

- Do you know that ladies don't get late parent's inheritance in many traditional settings?
- Do you know that a man can send his wife parking without a dime in Nigeria regardless of how long they've been together?
- Do you know there's a huge pay gap between men and women at work?
- Do you know that ladies are still forced into marriage today?
- Do you know that many landlords won't rent out thier spaces to single ladies today?
- Do you know child marriage is still a thing today?
- Do you widows are still made to go through spiritual rites to prove they didn't kill her husband?
- Do you know some ladies still get mutilated?
- Do you know fathers beat thier daughters to pup for having a boyfriend?
- Do you know that men are considered first for management positions at work and political positions, and ladies are only considered when their track records are overly obvious? This implies that women need to work twice as hard to be there.
- Do you know that many educated women are doing small businesses today because thier husbands believe "someone has to run the home" or because their spouses are threatened by the the possibility of them becoming career ladies?

The list is endless, yet all these are more or less institutional and they are NOTHING compared to societal perception and gender stereotypes below:

- Do you know that women are judged by what they put on but we all went on a huge protest when SARS started profiling guys based on thier outfit/hairstyle.
- Do younknow that a woman with a cheating husband is expected to fight for her marriage and find a way to regain his interest while a cheating wife should be sent home?
- Do you know that when a lady get raped today, many people still ask "what was she doing at his place? What was she wearing? Why did she accept his money? Etc."
- Do you know that when a man commits a crime, we all come on this app to criticize him, but when it's a lady, everyone starts insulting the gender "fear women", "Nigerian women are useless", "women of now-a-days", etc.
- Do you know that when a corps member sleeps with his students who indicated interest in him and creates a thread about it on here, many people gather to talk about how these girls are spoiled and not about the adult that took advantage of a teenager?
- Do you know that Davido went around sleeping with different women and getting them pregnant and him that slept with multiple people isn't a hoe, but the individuals he slept with are called hoes even though they were exclusive with him when it happened?
- Do you know that most families reduce the potentials of thier girl child by teaching her how to be a good wife and not how to survive on her own? She does the cleaning and cooking, she learns how not to dress, she learns how to speak gently like a lady, etc. while the boys go out there to explore, make mistakes, learn from them and build the confidence required to push through life as an individual.
- Do you know that morality in society is degenerating and people still believe it's because girls of now-a-days are into money or because they sleep around?
- Do you know that a girl that goes into a guy's to indicate interest in him is a hoe but a man that does it is a sharp shooter?
- Do you know that merely being a lady in the entertainment industry gets you labeled as a hoe?
- Do you know that regardless of how successful a single or divorced lady is, people will still focus on the fact that there is no man in her life?
- Do you know about 90% of all the ladies on this platform left between 2014 to 2024 due to the growing sexism on here?
- Do you know that I only stopped typing cause I have things to do and nor because there isn't more to type?
- Do you know that most guy would quickly dismiss all these as 'imagined' or by saying 'oh, we have issues too'?

You see, feminism is about gender equality. Fighting for equality isn't all about changing the written laws, it's also about changing mindset and empowering women. To be a feminist isn't about hating men or not cooking at home. It's about freedom of choice and equal playing ground. It's not against men (except you really believe one gender should be superior to the other). In fact, feminism will help reduce the pressure on men in our society today. When a feminist preaches, they don't target men alone, they also target all those overly dependent women that you all complain about (the urgent 2k and those that bring nothing to the table). Therefore, we should all be feminists.

The OP has a very brilliant younger sister who is discerning enough to recognize these things at her age, but he's here asking for ways to cut her wings and subdue her. Tomorrow, when she goes after men for survival, he will still be the one to come here and cry foul.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 7:13pm On May 11
UnfairLife7:
shut up

Even you from this crap writeup shows that you're one of those broke alpha male hating women.

A b!tch will always show herself!

How can any man respect a lady who talks like this?

This one is stinky street food!

Get a life!
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bigiyaro(m): 7:18pm On May 11
Sonnobax15:
grin
Advantage of her being a feminist is that Her kpekus will be secured,even when she's in the varsity........BUT then again,I just remembered that feminists are very likely to end up as evening newspaper angry

See op sister,see wahala shocked
guy you be novice o, if you know or see the kind of objects and things that feminists used to fvck themselves, a di*k will be a saint.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by richie240: 7:26pm On May 11
Even you are 2 ribs shorter than a man: a man has 9 denser ribs, a woman 7 featherweight ribs. That alone shd tell u everything u need to know about 'equality'.

Dont let satan deceive ur generation.
cool
BloodyDoe:
I don’t see any problem here, what’s wrong against advocating for women’s right. Feminism as it is, is the political and economic liberation of women all over the world and we need more women, young girls to wake and stand against all form of gender segregation and stereotypes against women.

Feminism is not a woman refusing to cook for her husband or whatever you think it is. It is both men and women standing on equal grounds in the society.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Gerrard59(m): 7:27pm On May 11
grin grin grin

Allow her be. Young people tend to be very liberal, but as they become older, they become more conservative. I was like that, I was a big champion of feminism during my early days on Nairaland. However, as I grew older and understood the differences between men and women, I changed my stance.

The koko would be are would-be friends. That is where the issue comes from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Gerrard59(m): 7:28pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

If you read the OP you would have seen that this is exactly the idea of feminism the girl has. Besides, what rights would a Nigerian woman say she doesn't have today? Genuinely curious.

To be fair, Northern Muslim women don't have the same rights as their counterparts in the south. Islam is the only ideology that fought really hard against Westernisation. So, I can understand.

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Kukutente23: 7:29pm On May 11
She's an aspiring evening newspaper

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by theredaddy: 7:31pm On May 11
cococandy:
But he won’t be able to because it’s not true.

These things only happen in your imagination

Are you saying the likes of Tonto dikeh, linda ikeji, toke makinwa and co. Lives don't reflect the aforementioned
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Gerrard59(m): 7:34pm On May 11
Adammamon:
Dont stress yourself, she just want enter uni, when she enter and reach 200 level by 18 yrs and see better guy Bleep her, she go forget feminism in the hand of curve gbola that make her cum multiple times. Most feminist are sex starved or those no man wants which later makes them turn toxic due to the rejection. She never know the importance of man, leave her, her body to tell her later.😂😂

Not entirely true. Most feminists, especially the liberals, can get sex anytime they want. They are the ones who indulge in lesbianism, frolick with sugar daddies, engage in pegging, love-vendor girls to wealthier men etc. They are the ones who throng house and beach parties. A feminist anywhere can get sex if she wants. In fact, most women who engage in wanton sexual intercourse tend to espouse feminist ideals since feminism offers freedom. That freedom means they can do whatever they like, and that includes having different sexual partners. It is this sexual freedom that made Chimamanda to say "it is the men that are benefitting".

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Mirasteel: 7:35pm On May 11
She can be a feminist but not a bitter one.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by TheWinterBird(f): 7:40pm On May 11
Beverlyjean:

She will destroy herself
Huh? Are you speaking from experience? Imagine such evil statement about a 16-year old. If she doesn't, why don't you go and do it for her? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Jeje247: 7:40pm On May 11
brain54:
Is advocating for women's right a bad thing...?

Even you were marveled at her passion and zeal.

Allow her... As long as her passion isn't a toxic one.

Most people have taken feminism to a toxic level but the original ideas of feminism is female education and equal opportunities in education, work and politics.

I don't see that as a bad thing!
Na small small Jungle take dey mature. Before you know it, they'd be waiting for her suitor at 38
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by SmartyPants(m): 7:45pm On May 11
Gerrard59:

To be fair, Northern Muslim women don't have the same rights as their counterparts in the south. Islam is the only ideology that fought really hard against Westernisation. So, I can understand.

What specific rights do northern women not have?

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Smithwilliams826: 7:45pm On May 11
E get 1 wey con stay with we, na olosho work dey d girl eye.... She don dey practice am. I don talk am B4. I no wan born any female pikin make God help me.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by tommy589(m): 7:49pm On May 11
Sleekfingers:

I believe you know that Efunsetan Aniwura was a slave merchant

It was acceptable in her days. Just as acceptable when pirates like Sir Francis Drake got knighted by the British Crown
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 7:50pm On May 11
dauntless15:
Na same you go still look down on women who depend on men saying they bring nothing to the table, I'm a guy but lemme ask this question, what do guys really want?

If you’re a young woman in your 20s or early 30s, preserved your virginity, educated at least with a bachelor’s degree, grew up with both parents, tall or average height (at least 5ft 7inch), single with no children, ready to be a stay home mother, beautiful with a normal BMI, ready to fully commit and be loyal to your husband,

There’s a man that wants you right now. You don’t need a job. Your job is to have children and take good care of them and the house. You’ll live in a good house, drive a good car, and have a very good monthly allowance for your full time job of raising your own children.

Real men work for their money. No time for nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 7:52pm On May 11
theredaddy:

Are you saying the likes of Tonto dikeh, linda ikeji, toke makinwa and co. Lives don't reflect the aforementioned

I don’t know about Linda but when did Tonto and Toke ever tell you that they’re feminists?

You just see women looking good on the internet out of your reach and conclude they are feminists?

That being said, what’s the measure of misery in any of these ladies? Who says they are not happy?

Is that another one of the lies you tell yourselves to make yourselves feel good about them not wanting you?

5 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by izubext007: 7:53pm On May 11
spare the rod condem the child
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by femi4: 7:54pm On May 11
joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
I was marvelled at her passion and zeal and how convincing she was .
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

Please, is there anyone with concrete approach on how I will go about this?
Leave her alone, she's still becoming.....

Until she hit 30, dont take her seriously, girls have 1001 things they want to become in their teens
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 7:55pm On May 11
just wait

Their pick mes are about to come and argue with you that these things don’t happen anymore. 🙄
etrange:

You may not see it because you aren't the one on the receiving end, and that's okay. The problem only arises when it's presented to you and you still find ways to dismiss them. I'll give you a few and it's going to be one hell of a long list:

- Do you know that ladies don't get late parent's inheritance in many traditional settings?
- Do you know that a man can send his wife parking without a dime in Nigeria regardless of how long they've been together?
- Do you know that many landlords won't rent out thier spaces to single ladies today?
- Do you widows are still made to go through spiritual rites to prove they didn't kill her husband?
- Do you know that men are considered first for management positions at work and political positions, and ladies are only considered when their track records are overly obvious? This implies that women need to work twice as hard to be there.
- Do you know that many educated women are doing small businesses today because thier husbands believe "someone has to run the home" or because their spouses are threatened by the the possibility of them becoming career ladies?

The list is endless, yet all these are more or less institutional and they are NOTHING compared to societal perception and gender stereotypes below:

- Do you know that women are judged by what they put on but we all went on a huge protest when SARS started profiling guys based on thier outfit/hairstyle.
- Do younknow that a woman with a cheating husband is expected to fight for her marriage and find a way to regain his interest while a cheating wife should be sent home?
- Do you know that when a lady get raped today, many people still ask "what was she doing at his place? What was she wearing? Why did she accept his money? Etc."
- Do you know that when a man commits a crime, we all come on this app to criticize him, but when it's a lady, everyone starts insulting the gender "fear women", "Nigerian women are useless", "women of now-a-days", etc.
- Do you know that when a corps member sleeps with his students who indicated interest in him and creates a thread about it on here, many people gather to talk about how these girls are spoiled and not about the adult that took advantage of a teenager?
- Do you know that Davido went around sleeping with different women and getting them pregnant and him that slept with multiple people isn't a hoe, but the individuals he slept with are called hoes even though they were exclusive with him when it happened?
- Do you know that most families reduce the potentials of thier girl child by teaching her how to be a good wife and not how to survive on her own? She does the cleaning and cooking, she learns how not to dress, she learns how to speak gently like a lady, etc. while the boys go out there to explore, make mistakes, learn from them and build the confidence required to push through life as an individual.
- Do you know that morality in society is degenerating and people still believe it's because girls of now-a-days are into money or because they sleep around?
- Do you know that a girl that goes into a guy's to indicate interest in him is a hoe but a man that does it is a sharp shooter?
- Do you know that merely being a lady in the entertainment industry gets you labeled as a hoe?
- Do you know that regardless of how successful a single or divorced lady is, people will still focus on the fact that there is no man in her life?
- Do you know about 90% of all the ladies on this platform left between 2014 to 2024 due to the growing sexism on here?
- Do you know that I only stopped typing cause I have things to do and nor because there isn't more to type?
- Do you know that most guy would quickly dismiss all these as 'imagined' or by saying 'oh, we have issues too'?

You see, feminism is about gender equality. Fighting for equality isn't all about changing the written laws, it's also about changing mindset and empowering women. To be a feminist isn't about hating men or not cooking at home. It's about freedom of choice and equal playing ground. It's not against men (except you really believe one gender should be superior to the other). In fact, feminism will help reduce the pressure on men in our society today. When a feminist preaches, they don't target men alone, they also target all those overly dependent women that you all complain about (the urgent 2k and those that bring nothing to the table). Therefore, we should all be feminists.

The OP has a very brilliant younger sister who is discerning enough to recognize these things at her age, but he's here asking for ways to cut her wings and subdue her. Tomorrow, when she goes after men for survival, he will still be the one to come here and cry foul.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by okoroemeka(m): 8:08pm On May 11
joemag:

Her idea of becoming a Feminist.
she is still a young girl with lofty dreams and ambitions,there is nothing wrong with that but remember that everybody has a plan until Life punches you in the face,let her be,she is yet to receive her quota of punches by life

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by dauntless15(m): 8:10pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:

If you’re a young woman in your 20s or early 30s, preserved your virginity, educated at least with a bachelor’s degree, grew up with both parents, tall or average height (at least 5ft 7inch), single with no children, ready to be a stay home mother, beautiful with a normal BMI, ready to fully commit and be loyal to your husband,

There’s a man that wants you right now. You don’t need a job. Your job is to have children and take good care of them and the house. You’ll live in a good house, drive a good car, and have a very good monthly allowance for your full time job of raising your own children.

Real men work for their money. No time for nonsense
undecided warisdis one saying
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Beverlyjean(f): 8:11pm On May 11
TheWinterBird:
Huh? Are you speaking from experience? Imagine such evil statement about a 16-year old. If she doesn't, why don't you go and do it for her? Smh

She will destroy herself just like those b4 her ... feminism has destroyed women

3 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by etrange: 8:16pm On May 11
cococandy:
just wait

Their pick mes are about to come and argue with you that these things don’t happen anymore. 🙄

Of course. Lol

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by SmartyPants(m): 8:16pm On May 11
etrange:

Nigerian law has taken care of this. When deprived, go to Court.

That's a lie. Nigerian law clearly provides for asset sharing.

This has been disproved globally. Men simply work more than women.

This is against Nigerian law.

Many landlords also don't rent homes to single men. I'm one and had to face the stigma of potentially being a yahoo boy.

This is generally against Nigerian law but yes it is a problem in certain parts, and probably the only valid point you've made here.

Okay, fathers (and mothers) beat their children for all sorts of things. How is this a feminist issue?

Secondly, do you think teenage pregnancies have a disproportionately adverse effect on girls than on guys? If yes, would increased protection by way of discipline be good or bad? Btw, focusing on fathers here when both parents are just as likely to beat their daughters for sexual misdemeanours is sexism from you.

No I don't know that. I'd be interested in seeing your source/evidence.

If a couple agree on how to run their home, I don't see how that is an issue for the rest of us.

This is a genuinely absurd thing to say. Young men are still judged by their appearance. Dreadlocks, tattoos, etc are frowned at for men. We protested against SARS because they were being killed for it! Have a word with yourself.

- Do you know that a woman with a cheating husband is expected to fight for her marriage and find a way to regain his interest while a cheating wife should be sent home?

That's only because these women are overly dependent on their husbands. Nowadays empowered Nigerian women are getting divorced every day - go to Court and see.

Nigerian law forbids rape. People will always ask stupid questions, this is not a feminist issue.

No. Can I see evidence?

No, I have seen such persons get bashed roundly.

No I don't. Maybe share some sources showing that the individuals are called hoes while he hasn't ever been called that, and that they were in exclusive relationships at the time - though I don't know why we're discussing Davido.

Nigerian law provides for equal access to education so girls certainly are out there - wherever out there is. If anything it sounds like the girls are getting preferential treatment here.

No. Would like to see your source.

No.

No. Can't remember anyone ever calling Patience Ozokwor a hoe for example.

Some people will always think a certain way. This is not a feminist issue.

Interesting. Share your source.

No, but I'm glad you stopped.

Interesting. So you want to use this point to emotionally blackmail guys into agreeing with you? cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Goldbw122(m): 8:18pm On May 11
Society build the new generational kids of these days.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by finallybusy: 8:23pm On May 11
How e concern you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Isn't This Just Cruel? / Man Celebrates His Girlfriend Who Returned N75,000 Sent By A Male Admirer / What Romantic Gift Are You Giving Your Partner For Christmas? Mine is...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.