Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,793 members, 7,844,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist (21094 Views)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by TheWinterBird(f): 8:35pm On May 11
Beverlyjean:

She will destroy herself just like those b4 her ... feminism has destroyed women

Which women before her? Did it destroy Malala Yousafzai, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Angela Davis, Gloria Steinem, etc? Because all these women are feminists.

She will be successful and will live a fulfilled life. Stop speaking ill into a 16-year old's life.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 8:40pm On May 11
TheWinterBird:

Which women before her? Did it destroy Malala Yousafzai, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Angela Davis, Gloria Steinem, etc? Because all these women are feminists.

She will be successful and will live a fulfilled life. Stop speaking ill into a 16-year old's life.

Before feminism gained momentum in the black community there was about 80% chance of black women getting married in America. Today only about 25% of black women will find husbands in America. Some of you use outliers as examples and don't know the consequences of what you're encouraging

7 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by theredaddy: 8:48pm On May 11
cococandy:

I don’t know about Linda but when did Tonto and Toke ever tel you that they’re feminists?

You just see women looking good on the internet out of your reach and conclude they are feminists?

That being said, what’s the measure of misery in any of these ladies? Who says they are not happy?

Is that another one of the lies you tell yourselves to make yourselves feel good about them not wanting you?

they don't have my contact, but there lifestyle is enough testament
what other reason will make men avoid these women like plague undecided
For a Nigeria standard of feminist, toke, linda, tonto are feminist ... we've seen toke and tonto cry on social media tired of loneliness, how does it depict "Happy"

4 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by dominique(f): 8:54pm On May 11
Beverlyjean:

She will destroy herself just like those b4 her ... feminism has destroyed women

Oga go and dit down. Has feminism destroyed Chimamanda Adichie and other self acclaimed feminists? Was it Feminism that killed that famous red piller that died like a dog on top of a prostitute after all his hypocritical red pill teachings? Worry more about how your bitter red pill is turning more and more men into toxic lunatics. At least the feminists are not running around the Internet like mad dogs rummaging for stories (whether real or fake) to bring men down. Are the feminists digging out old stories to run men down? The most bitter Feminist is better than the "sweetest" alfa male.

6 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Martinez39s(m): 8:56pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

- Do you know that ladies don't get late parent's inheritance in many traditional settings?

Nigerian law has taken care of this. When deprived, go to Court.

- Do you know that a man can send his wife parking without a dime in Nigeria regardless of how long they've been together?

That's a lie. Nigerian law clearly provides for asset sharing.

You even have time to engage people that intentionally play pretend and bring up lame facts to support their agendas and narratives. These are bold liars.

A feminist will look at the marital and child support laws in Western countries, have full information on the workings of the system, and still look you in the eyes and declare with utmost conviction that women over there have it harder in marriages and divorce, and are oppressed and disenfranchised by the system.

Don't waste your time, bro. Disprove them all you want, they won't relent in their craft and lies.

7 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by theredaddy: 9:03pm On May 11
Hermanie:

What's wrong in being a feminist though? A feminist is someone who supports equal rights for women. I don't see anything wrong there. Even as a man you should support women having equal rights, or do you want your daughters to be less in life? Don't you want your daughters to have equal opportunities in life?

By the way, feminist is not a career. She's obviously a child and doesn't know what she really wants to do with life yet. Feminism or being a full time advocate is not a career. What you should do is guide her on how to become a women's advocate while in whatever field she chooses.

Maybe nothing is wrong with being a "feminist", moreover its a free world ... the problem here is the reason that led to such decision
OP lil sister for instance felt, Men "domesticate women" .. thats a sign she bears resentment toward "men"

Already there is a misconception in her mind and if not properly addressed she won't get along well with men physically ... lets not fool ourselves feminist entails women vs men. we want what they have cos we are not contented

4 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Gerrard59(m): 9:06pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

What specific rights do northern women not have?

This question don tie my fingers. lipsrsealed
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by TheWinterBird(f): 9:10pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:

Before feminism there was about 80% chance of black women getting married in America. Today only about 25% of black women will find husbands in America. Some of you use outliers as examples and don't know the consequences of what you're encouraging

Who is talking about finding husbands? We're talking about A, you're talking about Z. Stick to the topic of the discussion and don't digress to fit your own agenda. Secondly, since you made that statement ( "
25% of black women will find husbands in America" ), I need to see the research behind it. Some of you will just pull numbers out of thin air thinking you're corresponding with a mumu. Morever, black women get married every day. It may not be to black men. There're other nationalities in the U.S and world besides black men. I don't even know why you're talking about a girl of 16 finding a husband. Are you a pervert?

8 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 9:14pm On May 11
Hate to break it to you.

Marriage isn’t the measure of success in women’s life.

The fewer people get and stay married , the better those marriages are. Gone are the days of being married by fire or by force even while suffering in the marriage

givedemwotowoto:

Before feminism gained momentum in the black community there was about 80% chance of black women getting married in America. Today only about 25% of black women will find husbands in America. Some of you use outliers as examples and don't know the consequences of what you're encouraging

3 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Oshin56(m): 9:15pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:
I can already tell that she’s probably growing up without an active father figure! She doesn’t know the value of having a man in her life, and the sad reality is, her mother won’t tell her the pains she’s going through doing it all alone.

Let’s be very clear, today’s feminism isn’t about advocating for women’s rights, it’s about dominating and hating on men including your husband and even father.

She’ll end up struggling her whole life alone and then realizing it wasn’t worth it.

A good way to help her is to find a retired lonely feminist who is back to preaching reality for women
the one's that retired from active service to preach the gospel of feminist to her...

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 9:17pm On May 11
theredaddy:

they don't have my contact, but there lifestyle is enough testament
what other reason will make men avoid these women like plague undecided
For a Nigeria standard of feminist, toke, linda, tonto are feminist ... we've seen toke and tonto cry on social media tired of loneliness, how does it depict "Happy"

Whenever you’re asked to respond intelligently on what your measure of a woman’s happiness is, y’all dumbly without fail revert to the most asinine response ever which is “oh but they don’t have a man”.

As if that’s the only thing needed in a woman’s life in order for her to be happy. I know you desperately want to believe that.

Let the men avoid them like plagues if they want, that’s not a measure of misery, happiness or success for a woman. You guys are deathly afraid of ending up alone and you often project that onto women

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by 1Sharon(f): 9:23pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

Against Nigerian law! against Nigerian law!

You know what you're doing. Your response doesn't mean anything. It's against Nigerian law but is the law enforced ? It's against Nigerian law on paper, but in reality do we see it?

How on earth do you think your deceptive response is a rebuttal when you know very well those laws are hardly enforced?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by wizrose(m): 9:24pm On May 11
joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.

Help her through englihten
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
I was marvelled at her passion and zeal and how convincing she was .
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

Please, is there anyone with concrete approach on how I will go about this?

all this kind girl day wicked wen Dem grow up ehee grin
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 9:30pm On May 11
cococandy:
Hate to break it to you.

Marriage is the measure of success in women’s life.

The fewer people get and stay married , the better those marriages are. Gone are the days married by fire or by force even while suffering in the marriage

You are deciding for the next generation that don’t care about struggling with life the way you did.

Why must a woman who is not interested in being single have to pay her own bills by herself all her life, struggle with life by herself all because her mother was trying to cheat nature?

Many young black women today are complaining that nobody wants them, that’s the problem. They also want to be married like their colleagues from other races, but they were not raised with good relationship skills by their single parents especially mothers.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 9:37pm On May 11
cococandy:

Whenever you’re asked to respond intelligently on what your measure of a woman’s happiness is, y’all dumbly without fail revert to the most asinine response ever which is “oh but they don’t have a man”.

As if that’s the only thing needed in a woman’s life in order for her to be happy. I know you desperately want to believe that.

Let the men avoid them like plagues if they want, that’s not a measure of misery, happiness or success for a woman. You guys are deathly afraid of ending up alone and you often project that onto women

No. A lot of men aren’t afraid of ending up alone. They’re tired of breaking up with women who are good looking but have no relationship skills, very clueless and don’t even know they are.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On May 11
The beauty of feminism is ✨choice✨

No one decides for anyone.

Since men don’t want feminists why aren’t y’all going for the non-feminists? All the time you’re spending whining online about women who don’t want to be traditional, you can spend it chasing after the traditional women. The women who want to be under you. The women who want to be “necks under the head”. The women who think you should decide for them how their lives ought to be.

There are millions of them. They come online everyday to talk trash about feminists. They are your foot soldiers helping you further your cause. Why do you ignore them when looking for who to mate with?

givedemwotowoto:

You are deciding for the next generation that don’t care about struggling with life the way you did.

Why must a woman who is not interested in being single have to pay her own bills by herself all her life, struggle with life by herself all because her mother was trying to cheat nature?

Many young black women today are complaining that nobody wants them, that’s the problem. They also want to be married like their colleagues from other races, but they were not raised with good relationship skills by their single parents especially mothers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Hermanie(m): 9:41pm On May 11
theredaddy:

Maybe nothing is wrong with being a "feminist", moreover its a free world ... the problem here is the reason that led to such decision
OP lil sister for instance felt, Men "domesticate women" .. thats a sign she bears resentment toward "men"

Already there is a misconception in her mind and if not properly addressed she won't get along well with men physically ... lets not fool ourselves feminist entails women vs men. we want what they have cos we are not contented

She's a child. Her understanding of feminism is most likely what she sees on Twitter.

It is OPs responsibility to guide her and not even radicalise her further.

Unless you hate women including your mother, sisters and daughters, you should have no problem with women having what men have.

Does been born with a vagina make one less worthy to have good things in life?

3 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 9:42pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:

No. A lot of men aren’t afraid of ending up alone. They’re tired of breaking up with women who are good looking but have no relationship skills, very clueless and don’t even know they are.

Like I said, there are plenty of women with “relationship skills” who believe in strict traditional gender binaries.

They are not hard to find. Wife them up and stop complaining

Except that’s not the point for you guys is it? You want women who don’t want you. so you can have something to complain about

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by 1Sharon(f): 9:45pm On May 11
Princewill1:
Western Education is the breeding ground of Feminism. Some percentage of women dont need to be educated.

Tell her to desist from Woke Mentality if she want to succeed in life as an african. That there is something called 'gender role' in the family.

The masculine male role in the family is to provide and protect while the feminine female role is in homemaking, caregiving and in nurturing. And that a girl embracing her natural Godgiven role of homemaking is not domestication or slavery.

Tell her that world known African Woman like Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala is excelling in life, she is not a feminist and she is happily married with kids.

Ask her the reasons why NOI with all her exposures, experience and accomplishments is not interested in feminism and the socalled liberating of women... because there is nothing there to liberate.

She should flee from wokeness else she will turn to a bitter and frustrated single broke mother in years to come.

I hope you're not a red pillar or you'll be a very big hypocrite. Feminism and the red pill are two sides of the same coin. Both are foreign Western ideologies that weren't birthed in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by givedemwotowoto: 9:46pm On May 11
cococandy:

Like I said, there are plenty of women with “relationship skills” who believe in strict traditional gender binaries.

They are not hard to find. Wife them up and stop complaining

Except that’s not the point for you guys is it? You want women who don’t want you. so you can have something to complain about

I am not the only one complaining here so stop throwing stones while living in a glass house

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by kkins25(m): 9:50pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:
I can already tell that she’s probably growing up without an active father figure! She doesn’t know the value of having a man in her life, and the sad reality is, her mother won’t tell her the pains she’s going through doing it all alone.

Let’s be very clear, today’s feminism isn’t about advocating for women’s rights, it’s about dominating and hating on men including your husband and even father.

She’ll end up struggling her whole life alone and then realizing it wasn’t worth it.

A good way to help her is to find a retired lonely feminist who is back to preaching reality for women

I'm interested, what value do you speak of?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by GloriousGbola: 9:54pm On May 11
1Sharon:

I hope you're not a red pillar or you'll be a very big hypocrite. Feminism and the red pill are two sides of the same coin. Both are foreign Western ideologies that weren't birthed in Africa.

Not sure one can call red pill an opposite of feminism.

Once upon a time women could not vote, could not work, could not decide their own futures or own their own destiny.

The red pill movement is definitely not the opposite of that since the original protagonists are privileged white men who have always had these rights.

Also feminism has always existed in Africa but maybe not under that name.

Felas mother funmilayo ransom kuti mobilized women in colonial times to stand up to the white district officers and resist being taxed and to focus on their kids proper education. All this while being married to a husband who put together one of the first secondary schools AGS grammer school

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by kkins25(m): 9:56pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

- Do you know that ladies don't get late parent's inheritance in many traditional settings?

Nigerian law has taken care of this. When deprived, go to Court.

- Do you know that a man can send his wife parking without a dime in Nigeria regardless of how long they've been together?

That's a lie. Nigerian law clearly provides for asset sharing.

- Do you know there's a huge pay gap between men and women at work?

This has been disproved globally. Men simply work more than women.

- Do you know that ladies are still forced into marriage today?

This is against Nigerian law.

- Do you know that many landlords won't rent out thier spaces to single ladies today?

Many landlords also don't rent homes to single men. I'm one and had to face the stigma of potentially being a yahoo boy.

- Do you know child marriage is still a thing today?

This is generally against Nigerian law but yes it is a problem in certain parts, and probably the only valid point you've made here.

- Do you widows are still made to go through spiritual rites to prove they didn't kill her husband?

- Do you know some ladies still get mutilated?

- Do you know fathers beat thier daughters to pup for having a boyfriend?

Okay, fathers (and mothers) beat their children for all sorts of things. How is this a feminist issue?

Secondly, do you think teenage pregnancies have a disproportionately adverse effect on girls than on guys? If yes, would increased protection by way of discipline be good or bad? Btw, focusing on fathers here when both parents are just as likely to beat their daughters for sexual misdemeanours is sexism from you.

- Do you know that men are considered first for management positions at work and political positions, and ladies are only considered when their track records are overly obvious? This implies that women need to work twice as hard to be there.

No I don't know that. I'd be interested in seeing your source/evidence.

- Do you know that many educated women are doing small businesses today because thier husbands believe "someone has to run the home" or because their spouses are threatened by the the possibility of them becoming career ladies?

If a couple agree on how to run their home, I don't see how that is an issue for the rest of us.

The list is endless, yet all these are more or less institutional and they are NOTHING compared to societal perception and gender stereotypes below:

- Do you know that women are judged by what they put on but we all went on a huge protest when SARS started profiling guys based on thier outfit/hairstyle.

This is a genuinely absurd thing to say. Young men are still judged by their appearance. Dreadlocks, tattoos, etc are frowned at for men. We protested against SARS because they were being killed for it! Have a word with yourself.

- Do you know that a woman with a cheating husband is expected to fight for her marriage and find a way to regain his interest while a cheating wife should be sent home?

That's only because these women are overly dependent on their husbands. Nowadays empowered Nigerian women are getting divorced every day - go to Court and see.

- Do you know that when a lady get raped today, many people still ask "what was she doing at his place? What was she wearing? Why did she accept his money? Etc."

Nigerian law forbids rape. People will always ask stupid questions, this is not a feminist issue.

- Do you know that when a man commits a crime, we all come on this app to criticize him, but when it's a lady, everyone starts insulting the gender "fear women", "Nigerian women are useless", "women of now-a-days", etc.

No. Can I see evidence?

- Do you know that when a corps member sleeps with his students who indicated interest in him and creates a thread about it on here, many people gather to talk about how these girls are spoiled and not about the adult that took advantage of a teenager?

No, I have seen such persons get bashed roundly.

- Do you know that Davido went around sleeping with different women and getting them pregnant and him that slept with multiple people isn't a hoe, but the individuals he slept with are called hoes even though they were exclusive with him when it happened?

No I don't. Maybe share some sources showing that the individuals are called hoes while he hasn't ever been called that, and that they were in exclusive relationships at the time - though I don't know why we're discussing Davido.

- Do you know that most families reduce the potentials of thier girl child by teaching her how to be a good wife and not how to survive on her own? She does the cleaning and cooking, she learns how not to dress, she learns how to speak gently like a lady, etc. while the boys go out there to explore, make mistakes, learn from them and build the confidence required to push through life as an individual.

Nigerian law provides for equal access to education so girls certainly are out there - wherever out there is. If anything it sounds like the girls are getting preferential treatment here.

- Do you know that morality in society is degenerating and people still believe it's because girls of now-a-days are into money or because they sleep around?

No. Would like to see your source.

- Do you know that a girl that goes into a guy's to indicate interest in him is a hoe but a man that does it is a sharp shooter?

No.

- Do you know that merely being a lady in the entertainment industry gets you labeled as a hoe?

No. Can't remember anyone ever calling Patience Ozokwor a hoe for example.

- Do you know that regardless of how successful a single or divorced lady is, people will still focus on the fact that there is no man in her life?

Some people will always think a certain way. This is not a feminist issue.

- Do you know about 90% of all the ladies on this platform left between 2014 to 2024 due to the growing sexism on here?

Interesting. Share your source.

- Do you know that I only stopped typing cause I have things to do and nor because there isn't more to type?

No, but I'm glad you stopped.

- Do you know that most guy would quickly dismiss all these as 'imagined' or by saying 'oh, we have issues too'?

Interesting. So you want to use this point to emotionally blackmail guys into agreeing with you? cheesy

You get time, but excellent rebuttal. Although, aspects about Nigerian laws may not hit well since, people still cling to traditions
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by 1Sharon(f): 10:02pm On May 11
GloriousGbola:

Not sure one can call red pill an opposite of feminism.

Once upon a time women could not vote, could not work, could not decide their own futures or own their own destiny.

The red pill movement is definitely not the opposite of that since the original protagonists are privileged white men who have always had these rights.

Also feminism has always existed in Africa but maybe not under that name.

Felas mother funmilayo ransom kuti mobilized women in colonial times to stand up to the white district officers and resist being taxed and to focus on their kids proper education. All this while being married to a husband who put together one of the first secondary schools AGS grammer school

I believe there is a difference between advocating for women's right and feminism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Beverlyjean(f): 10:03pm On May 11
dominique:

Oga go and dit down. Has feminism destroyed Chimamanda Adichie and other self acclaimed feminists? Was it Feminism that killed that famous red piller that died like a dog on top of a prostitute after all his hypocritical red pill teachings? Worry more about how your bitter red pill is turning more and more men into toxic lunatics. At least the feminists are not running around the Internet like mad dogs rummaging for stories (whether real or fake) to bring men down. Are the feminists digging out old stories to run men down? The most bitter Feminist is better than the "sweetest" alfa male.

Feminism has destroyed more women ...go and do ur research and stop fooling urself....

6 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Beverlyjean(f): 10:05pm On May 11
TheWinterBird:

Women that lie to other women are the real enemy of women ...and u are one of them

4 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by joemag: 10:07pm On May 11
Hermanie:

She's a child. Her understanding of feminism is most likely what she sees on Twitter.

It is OP's responsibility to guide her and not even radicalise her further.

Unless you hate women including your mother, sisters and daughters, you should have no problem with women having what men have.

Does being born with a vagina make one less worthy to have good things in life?

op, I am not against the rights of women per se but I am afraid of her being infested with the toxicity of modern feminism most especially the one that is preached in this part of the world. We come from a modest home where gender role is clearly defined and compromises are made where necessary to ensure the smooth running of the home. Her assertion about the domestication of women was the stroke that pricked me.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by GloriousGbola: 10:09pm On May 11
etrange:

You may not see it because you aren't the one on the receiving end, and that's okay. The problem only arises when it's presented to you and you still find ways to dismiss them. I'll give you a few and it's going to be one hell of a long list:

- Do you know there's a huge pay gap between men and women at work?
- Do you know that ladies are still forced into marriage today?
- Do you know that many landlords won't rent out thier spaces to single ladies today?
- Do you know child marriage is still a thing today?
- Do you widows are still made to go through spiritual rites to prove they didn't kill her husband?
- Do you know some ladies still get mutilated?
- Do you know fathers beat thier daughters to pup for having a boyfriend?
- Do you know that men are considered first for management positions at work and political positions, and ladies are only considered when their track records are overly obvious? This implies that women need to work twice as hard to be there.
- Do you know that many educated women are doing small businesses today because thier husbands believe "someone has to run the home" or because their spouses are threatened by the the possibility of them becoming career ladies?

The list is endless, yet all these are more or less institutional and they are NOTHING compared to societal perception and gender stereotypes below:

- Do you know that women are judged by what they put on but we all went on a huge protest when SARS started profiling guys based on thier outfit/hairstyle.
- Do younknow that a woman with a cheating husband is expected to fight for her marriage and find a way to regain his interest while a cheating wife should be sent home?
- Do you know that when a lady get raped today, many people still ask "what was she doing at his place? What was she wearing? Why did she accept his money? Etc."
- Do you know that when a man commits a crime, we all come on this app to criticize him, but when it's a lady, everyone starts insulting the gender "fear women", "Nigerian women are useless", "women of now-a-days", etc.
- Do you know that when a corps member sleeps with his students who indicated interest in him and creates a thread about it on here, many people gather to talk about how these girls are spoiled and not about the adult that took advantage of a teenager?
- Do you know that Davido went around sleeping with different women and getting them pregnant and him that slept with multiple people isn't a hoe, but the individuals he slept with are called hoes even though they were exclusive with him when it happened?
- Do you know that most families reduce the potentials of thier girl child by teaching her how to be a good wife and not how to survive on her own? She does the cleaning and cooking, she learns how not to dress, she learns how to speak gently like a lady, etc. while the boys go out there to explore, make mistakes, learn from them and build the confidence required to push through life as an individual.
- Do you know that morality in society is degenerating and people still believe it's because girls of now-a-days are into money or because they sleep around?
- Do you know that a girl that goes into a guy's to indicate interest in him is a hoe but a man that does it is a sharp shooter?
- Do you know that merely being a lady in the entertainment industry gets you labeled as a hoe?
- Do you know that regardless of how successful a single or divorced lady is, people will still focus on the fact that there is no man in her life?
- Do you know about 90% of all the ladies on this platform left between 2014 to 2024 due to the growing sexism on here?
- Do you know that I only stopped typing cause I have things to do and nor because there isn't more to type?
- Do you know that most guy would quickly dismiss all these as 'imagined' or by saying 'oh, we have issues too'?

You see, feminism is about gender equality. Fighting for equality isn't all about changing the written laws, it's also about changing mindset and empowering women. To be a feminist isn't about hating men or not cooking at home. It's about freedom of choice and equal playing ground. It's not against men (except you really believe one gender should be superior to the other). In fact, feminism will help reduce the pressure on men in our society today. When a feminist preaches, they don't target men alone, they also target all those overly dependent women that you all complain about (the urgent 2k and those that bring nothing to the table). Therefore, we should all be feminists.

The OP has a very brilliant younger sister who is discerning enough to recognize these things at her age, but he's here asking for ways to cut her wings and subdue her. Tomorrow, when she goes after men for survival, he will still be the one to come here and cry foul.

I will always remember when I went to a classmates house and her junior brother had a computer. He was the third or fourth born. There was another senior sister. Senior sister was reading law. This girl was reading engineering. I am not sure the brother was in uni at the time.

I asked her where is your computer? Girl shrugged. My dad bought a computer for my brother only. So many boys like this grow up privileged in homes where their sisters are taught to actively and passively that they are nothing more than homemakers then grow up with delusions of male superiority.

As an aside
Feminism is why black women did the science and maths that put men on the moon.

Read hidden figures or watch it

You want to hate on Linda ikeji? So what has her junior brother achieved? He is a man after all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by GloriousGbola: 10:13pm On May 11
If you can tell the lowest underachieving male that he is better than the highest achieving female, he wont even notice you are winding him as you sell him red piller books and merchandise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Neptunium(m): 10:21pm On May 11
As a male, I support women's rights any day
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Klass99(f): 10:22pm On May 11
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Neptunium(m): 10:24pm On May 11
TheWinterBird:

👍

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Isn't This Just Cruel? / Man Celebrates His Girlfriend Who Returned N75,000 Sent By A Male Admirer / What Romantic Gift Are You Giving Your Partner For Christmas? Mine is...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.