Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist (21006 Views)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by tochez24(m): 5:19pm On May 11
joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
I was marvelled at her passion and zeal and how convincing she was .
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

Please, is there anyone with concrete approach on how I will go about this?

Leave her alone, life will teach her better when she gets to 30+⚠️

Most of us dreamt to be a doctor, nurses, engineers and professionals working in an oil companies when we were little but NIGERIA has happened to all of us!!!!

Today I'm in another man's land hustling like a buffalo... Sometimes i don't even remember that I'm still a Nigerian!!!!

You can't convince someone life hasn't thought a LESSON😊😎😎

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Adammamon: 5:19pm On May 11
Dont stress yourself, she just want enter uni, when she enter and reach 200 level by 18 yrs and see better guy Bleep her, she go forget feminism in the hand of curve gbola that make her cum multiple times. Most feminist are sex starved or those no man wants which later makes them turn toxic due to the rejection. She never know the importance of man, leave her, her body to tell her later.😂😂

joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bentenny(m): 5:20pm On May 11
Hmmm....OP let me inquire something from you!
Does ur parents practice patriarchy or matriarchy system?
If it's matriarchy,then that might be part of d problem....
Has ur sis been boarding right from her secondary school?
If true then,then is it a mixed or only girls school?
If it's an only girls school,then then that could also mould her mentality!

Boarding secondary school in my opinion is no longer like before whether mixed or single!
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by akan102: 5:24pm On May 11
Solofresh2:
Let her be the feminist she wants to be.Life go humble am
Experience is the best teacher
That is the issue the op is trying to avoid because life experiences might arrive a bit late for the op's liking and by this time things may have gone wrong, having a passion for something is nice, knowing where to draw the line is another, how did she get to having this passion, what led her into it what does she intend to personally and socially achieve, I have seen many regret their being feminist only when it was almost getting late for them, it is not a rush kind of thing, op should take it gently with her, follow her with superior discuss and argument with laughter play pointing out life realities to her especially, I wish her the best

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bizhop01: 5:25pm On May 11
Feminist are always experience bitter women, her own case is simple she need good Dick that will shift her medulla oblongata to factory reset cool

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Tendd: 5:27pm On May 11
When we were younger, some of us wanted to a lawyer, doctor, engineer, artist, model etc but while some did many didn't.At that age,it is natural and normal to want to explore her horizon and dreams.Talk to her rather about the importance of education and help her to stay focus to achieving better grades at school.Feminism simply means equality and equality for all humans though some radical women are taking it to a whole different dimension.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by pmc01(m): 5:27pm On May 11
etrange:
She deserves a smarter elder brother.

You came to the conclusion he isn't smart how exactly?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by BlackRainDrops: 5:30pm On May 11
As long as what she's going for is equal rights for women, then I see nothing wrong with it. I wish her all the best.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by COOL10(m): 5:31pm On May 11
Martinez39s:
All OP needs to do is tell her that she is not a victim; men are not oppressing women; men and women have equal rights; and her choices are not to be blamed on anyone else. She should own her life and encourage women in the spirit of her activism to stop playing victims.

There are bad women and bad men, and both genders suffer in the hands of both group, however there is no global and clandestine patriarchal structure oppressing and depriving women.

What is the essence of training a girl child through school, seeing them have the same rights as men, and have access to leadership positions, only for them to play victim, peddle the narrative of oppression, and embrace this virus called feminism?

Edit: unfortunately, the girl will likely not listen. Usually, women must hit rock bottom because of their hard-headed attitude before they start applying common sense.

The girl is already on a path of doom. She's been listening to and has already been taken over by the buzz words those misandrists love to use i.e. patriarchy, toxic masculinity, e.t.c, so she feels she's found something worth fighting for. If only she knew grin

3 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by YoungLionken(m): 5:32pm On May 11
My brother, please reorient her now that you still can.. Or else ehn, OMO she fit suffer later..

Boys/men are getting wiser too on how to keep a woman depending on her character..

Let us all know and accept that the gender war of control can never won by women. Never!!!
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by MrCork: 5:35pm On May 11
joemag:

Is she lightskin?? angry

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by shineeye1: 5:35pm On May 11
joemag:

Remain calm. Listen to her again at 26. Then again at 36...
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Rhimat(f): 5:36pm On May 11
Feminism will brainwash her mind she will never be submissive to her husband,she will become very stubborn ,you need to advice her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Martinez39s(m): 5:36pm On May 11
COOL10:

The girl is already on a path of doom. She's been listening to and has already been taken over by the buzz words those misandrists love to use i.e. patriarchy, toxic masculinity, e.t.c, so she feels she's found something worth fighting for. If only she knew grin

Don't mind them. Unfortunately, no matter how traditional and well-intentioned parents and guardians might be, once they are ignorant of or underestimate the power of social media and society in shaping the mindset of their kids, wahala fit dey. The kids you see at home can be very very very different from what they are outside and to their friends. Make I no yan too much. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by pikechukwu6(m): 5:36pm On May 11
You just needed comments on your post... rubbish lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by sunsweet33: 5:41pm On May 11
Yes, young people like to grapple with different ideas, that’s how it’s supposed to be.
If you want to persuade her otherwise why don’t you get her some nice books to read since she seems intelligent

And women’s advocates have existed since, they’re not all feminists. Why don’t you just celebrate the miraculous Jamb score and leave the poor girl alone?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Martinez39s(m): 5:43pm On May 11
Illusioneffect:

That's what feminism is right now 🔥 they create problems that don't exist right now
They create nonexistent problems for selfish objectives and to quell boredom. They create false, silly, and pointless narratives/ideas to support their contempt for men, inconsiderate selves, sociopathy, stubbornness and wickedness. They want to spin all sorts of talking points to make themselves seem like oppressed and noble angels before men: the supposedly misogynistic, unethical, and callous savages. They even unknowingly project themselves unto men to vilify men. grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Orlu13: 5:44pm On May 11
women dey enjoy this country pass but every time they keep complaining and doing victim mentality

in Nigeria, women have more opportunities dan men in securing jobs, getting admission in school and also online businesses.. but instead of them to key into these opportunities, they will be looking fr victim mentality

women have it in this life and Nigeria as a whole..aside from pregnancy, the path in a woman's life is much more sweeter and straight forward dan a man

even if u give women everything they want, they will still look fr something to whine abt...

ur sister will soon embrace d toxic aspect of feminism...and social media will play a good part in ensuring dat

4 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by 1Sharon(f): 5:47pm On May 11
Feminism isn't a job lol, she's only a kid. She doesn't know what she's talking about.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by jaywon442: 5:51pm On May 11
BloodyDoe:
I noticed that on some social media space especially X, the term “Feminism” is mostly misused by those woke girls who’s only job are to wake up in the morning and be pretty for their cameras. Whatever social injustice they might had bear is nothing compared to that of a woman who’s due for a promotion since the last 4 years but can’t get it because she’s a woman. A woman that has refused to open her legs to get fvuked for what’s duly hers. And yet she gets mocked every now and then and her male colleagues are trying everything to make whatever space she has at toxic.

I am a woman and I suffer social and emotional injustice every now and then.

Men suffer more because men do not have anything other than money and extreme work to get ay goodies in life in general. You can communicate with sensible men of like minds on these issues and see if they can guide you

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by DJInfluence: 5:51pm On May 11
And that's a negative thing because?

3 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by ObongNkakad: 5:51pm On May 11
Signs of an upcoming single mother or divorcee. Unless she's lucky enough to wrap a simp around her finger

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Presidency1: 5:54pm On May 11
Allow her because when the jungle mature, her eyes go clear and she will denounce it.

Dem no dey telli person

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Martinez39s(m): 5:55pm On May 11
Orlu13:
women dey enjoy this country pass but every time they keep complaining and doing victim mentality

in Nigeria, women have more opportunities dan men in securing jobs, getting admission in school and also online businesses.. but instead of them to key into these opportunities, they will be looking fr victim mentality

women have it in this life and Nigeria as a whole..aside from pregnancy, the path in a woman's life is much more sweeter and straight forward dan a man

even if u give women everything they want, they will still look fr something to whine abt...

ur sister will soon embrace d toxic aspect of feminism...and social media will play a good part in ensuring dat
Exquisitely and concisely written! Order one crate of beer and put it on my tab.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Hezmatosky: 5:55pm On May 11
Who you come dey report to? Me? When I reported that economy no balance, where you dey?😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Emmanuel30a: 5:55pm On May 11
joemag:

Help?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Illusioneffect(m): 6:00pm On May 11
Martinez39s:
They create nonexistent problems for selfish objectives and to quell boredom. They create false, silly, and pointless narratives/ideas to support their contempt for men, inconsiderate selves, sociopathy, stubbornness and wickedness. They want to spin all sorts of talking points to make themselves seem like oppressed and noble angels before men: the supposedly misogynistic and callous savages. They even unknowingly project themselves unto men to vilify men. grin
Exactly? They bring up the most insane attacks on men- masculinity is wrong! But they'd never want to do the jobs that masculine men do. They're the worst movement that have no point. At this point, there should be male-ism because the oppression is so much. They're the cause of the decline in dating, men getting scared of marriage and all other societal issues, you can't talk to a girl as a well-to-do guy normally without being scared of rape accusations

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by GloriousGbola: 6:01pm On May 11
joemag:

The first question is do actually you know what a feminist is?
do you have a problem with womens rights?

Do you think if your father passes away his property should be shared among his brothers?

Do you think a woman is property to be inherited?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by neyobills: 6:06pm On May 11
I dont see any problem whatsoever...is it like illegal to be a feminist...i would say she sounds smart and i do admire her ..you should nuture her dreams as long as its safe and sane.....just let her know there is a line between been a feminist and been toxic and she would be fine.....
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Blackdisciple(m): 6:06pm On May 11
Maybe she's Chima Amanda sister oo
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by kingxsamz(m): 6:07pm On May 11
joemag:

Sounds like your last born is very intelligent and has a great future ahead of her. You on the other hand need a great knock on the head for thinking there's anything wrong with her in the first place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by dauntless15(m): 6:08pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:
I can already tell that she’s probably growing up without an active father figure! She doesn’t know the value of having a man in her life, and the sad reality is, her mother won’t tell her the pains she’s going through doing it all alone.

Let’s be very clear, today’s feminism isn’t about advocating for women’s rights, it’s about dominating and hating on men including your husband and even father.

She’ll end up struggling her whole life alone and then realizing it wasn’t worth it.

A good way to help her is to find a retired lonely feminist who is back to preaching reality for women
Na same you go still look down on women who depend on men saying they bring nothing to the table, I'm a guy but lemme ask this question, what do guys really want?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do Guys Cry After Being Dumped? / 3 Things You Should Never Do Around Your Man / Rate My Pic Without Makeup!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.