Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist (21095 Views)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / My Girlfriend Slept With Our Last Born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by dododawa1: 6:08pm On May 11
No be this world

Time will tell
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bionixs: 6:09pm On May 11
Are we not having a wrong definition of feminism here ?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by MrLibrarian(m): 6:12pm On May 11
joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
I was marvelled at her passion and zeal and how convincing she was .
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

Please, is there anyone with concrete approach on how I will go about this?
her school principal is her influencer.
She's on nairaland with the moniker cococandy
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by lawrenzooo: 6:13pm On May 11
Pussyisgud:
She is threading a path of destruction, you better kill that devil inside of her or it will destroy her.
Check all feminist their life don spoil none of them are married, the married ones are divorced and they weep in silence regretting the stupid actions of their youthful days.
There is more to life than marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by MrLibrarian(m): 6:14pm On May 11
TheWinterBird:
She probably learned that at school and kudos to them for teaching girls these important topics.
you're a dumb ass

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by MrLibrarian(m): 6:15pm On May 11
BloodyDoe:
I don’t see any problem here, what’s wrong against advocating for women’s right. Feminism as it is, is the political and economic liberation of women all over the world and we need more women, young girls to wake and stand against all form of gender segregation and stereotypes against women.

Feminism is not a woman refusing to cook for her husband or whatever you think it is. It is both men and women standing on equal grounds in the society.
shut up.
Men and women can never be equal.
You must be very stupid for saying men and women should stand equal in the society

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by osazsky(m): 6:16pm On May 11
My pikin not fit go boarding sch
If na female boarding ----lesbian/feminist
Male---gay

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by MrLibrarian(m): 6:17pm On May 11
DaddyCoool:

Nonsense. Chimamanda Adichie, foremost Nigerian feminist, is not only a celebrated author, she's happily married to a medical doctor with children
you must be a very stupid and useless simp.

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 6:19pm On May 11
100 percent
Hermanie:

What's wrong in being a feminist though? A feminist is someone who supports equal rights for women. I don't see anything wrong there. Even as a man you should support women having equal rights, or do you want your daughters to be less in life? Don't you want your daughters to have equal opportunities in life?

By the way, feminist is not a career. She's obviously a child and doesn't know what she really wants to do with life yet. Feminism or being a full time advocate is not a career. What you should do is guide her on how to become a women's advocate while in whatever field she chooses.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by BloodyDoe(f): 6:19pm On May 11
MrLibrarian:
shut up.
You must be very stupid for saying men and women should stand equal in the society
Slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by cococandy(f): 6:21pm On May 11
But he won’t be able to because it’s not true.

These things only happen in your imagination
COOL10:

All you need to do is show her how lonely, depressed, bitter, toxic, sexually starved, ridiculously aggressive, and shameless modern day feminists are.

If she doesn't want to end up like the many 49 year old bitter, ugly, evening newspaper wanna-be feminists that we have on nairaland, who instead of worrying about the fact that their mates are happily married with beautiful children, decide to (since they're so jobless) spend all their time arguing with young men on this forum about senseless things, then she should better listen to you.

Feminists are bitter people. Don't let the supposed career success of few of them deceive you. Deep down, they die everyday because no man wants them. Ask your sister if she really wants that for herself.

7 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Orlu13: 6:21pm On May 11
MrLibrarian:
shut up.

are u minding her...Both genders are human beings but will never be equal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Lomprico2: 6:22pm On May 11
joemag:
I recently went home to check on my parents. It happens that our lastborn who is in a boarding school also was around for a week break they were given at school.

On one of the evenings as I was talking to her and her dreams and aspirations this 16 old girl told me she wanted to become a Feminist. I was shocked but remained calm and gently asked her what she meant by being a Feminist.
She told me that by that she aims to become an advocate of women's right. She started narrating how men are domesticating women and whole lots.
Deep down I knew that I have a problem to solve and I needs pragmatic steps in order not to cause more harms.

This girl has written her JAMB with nice scores and will soon be in the varsity.

What is wrong with being a feminist?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by DaddyCoool: 6:24pm On May 11
MrLibrarian:
you must be a very stupid and useless simp.

Nope. Just calls 'em as I sees 'em
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by MrLibrarian(m): 6:24pm On May 11
BloodyDoe:
Slowpoke

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Lomprico2: 6:25pm On May 11
DaddyCoool:

Nonsense. Chimamanda Adichie, foremost Nigerian feminist, is not only a celebrated author, she's happily married to a medical doctor with children

Most people are very ignorant about what feminism is all about. It quite unfortunate.
They see feminism as a bad thing.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by SmartyPants(m): 6:25pm On May 11
BloodyDoe:
I noticed that on some social media space especially X, the term “Feminism” is mostly misused by those woke girls who’s only job are to wake up in the morning and be pretty for their cameras. Whatever social injustice they might had bear is nothing compared to that of a woman who’s due for a promotion since the last 4 years but can’t get it because she’s a woman. A woman that has refused to open her legs to get fvuked for what’s duly hers. And yet she gets mocked every now and then and her male colleagues are trying everything to make whatever space she has at toxic.

I am a woman and I suffer social and emotional injustice every now and then.

I'm sorry about your struggles. However these don't sound like feminist issues to me.

What is feminism? It can best be understood by what gave rise to it in the first place. Feminism, like any other major social issue deals with the restructuring of society to drive equality. To be a feminist at that time meant to identify with the idea that women deserved equal rights because they were no less human than men.

In the modern day, in most developed countries, this has been achieved, including in Nigeria where there is no major right that men have that women don't have. You can go to school, work, and vote and be voted for. You can buy and own property. These are the rights the original feminists fought for. So, now that you've been put on an equal footing with men, what more are you fighting for on a systemic level?

Coming back to why I'm saying the things you mentioned are not feminist issues, if your boss wants to sleep with you to give you a raise, this is against the law. Your problem is a basic labour law issue and the fact that you're a woman doesn't then necessarily make it a feminist issue. Just like a man can be denied a promotion because his boss feels threatened by him or the boss is a randy female - that wouldn't require a meninist movement. It just requires the application of existing laws.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Beverlyjean(f): 6:32pm On May 11
TheWinterBird:
She probably learned that at school and kudos to them for teaching girls these important topics.

She will destroy herself

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by osazsky(m): 6:33pm On May 11
Tell her to take a look at jannyclay and see how she ended..she can learn from her experience
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by labake1(f): 6:33pm On May 11
joemag:

Wake up bro
I am a proud Feminist although they are different kinds of feminism so do your research. She has a good dream just like me
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by advanceDNA: 6:38pm On May 11
Lomprico2:

Most people are very ignorant about what feminism is all about. It quite unfortunate.
They see feminism as a bad thing.

They are not ignorant...everyone knows feminism used to be a good thing...I mean, we all have females in our family.....who doesnt want equal pay and promotions with men despite maternity , non discrimination for senior positions, etc

But we all know the new version of modern feminism.... it's the new version the op doesnt want for his sister ....
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by ukaface(f): 6:39pm On May 11
joemag:

What’s wrong with being a feminist?
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Goodzinny: 6:40pm On May 11
Do you want her to be advocating for L.g.B.t? Or which one
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by joemag: 6:41pm On May 11
GindoX:
Nairaland mods are really working, coming up with stories... grin grin grin.... Op made up those

This isn't made up op
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by Christlike01: 6:45pm On May 11
joemag:

If anyone tells you there is no problem right there,that person is only deceiving you! Don't ever allow that destructive ideas to grow any further in your sister! You do not only have to kill the serpent now,but you must ensure that you cut off its head completely!

I won't tell you more than that.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by BigYash: 6:48pm On May 11
ecolime:
Let her enter University. Campus Niggas go shake off the feminism before she enter year 2.

Nothing like feminism in Nigeria, the toxic women you see around calling themselves feminists are just lonely and frustrated women wey Naija men don do shege.
They don plant spirit of lesbianism in her.. no be boarding school he say she dey? She is a lesbian op.. Run proper check on her please...

2 Likes

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by UnfairLife7(m): 6:49pm On May 11
joemag:

Her idea of becoming a Feminist.
nothing is wrong with it. I am a guy and i love girls of her type. We need her type more in the society. You should be proud of her
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by joemag: 6:50pm On May 11
bentenny:
Hmmm....OP let me inquire something from you!
Does ur parents practice patriarchy or matriarchy system?
If it's matriarchy,then that might be part of d problem....
Has ur sis been boarding right from her secondary school?
If true then,then is it a mixed or only girls school?
If it's an only girls school,then then that could also mould her mentality!

Boarding secondary school in my opinion is no longer like before whether mixed or single!

She is attending an all girls catholic school
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by richie240: 6:51pm On May 11
Hold ur oeace bro.
Out of every 12 at least one must be a judas.
cool
joemag:

Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by UnfairLife7(m): 6:52pm On May 11
givedemwotowoto:
I can already tell that she’s probably growing up without an active father figure! She doesn’t know the value of having a man in her life, and the sad reality is, her mother won’t tell her the pains she’s going through doing it all alone.

Let’s be very clear, today’s feminism isn’t about advocating for women’s rights, it’s about dominating and hating on men including your husband and even father.

She’ll end up struggling her whole life alone and then realizing it wasn’t worth it.

A good way to help her is to find a retired lonely feminist who is back to preaching reality for women
shut up

Even you from this crap writeup shows that you're one of those broke alpha male hating women.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by bukatyne(f): 6:52pm On May 11
joemag:

First things first.

How is your parents' relationship?

If she is talking of men domesticating women, she is talking from the examples she has seen around her or what she has absorbed online.

Either ways, it is not good for you.

Find the source of what is fanning her thoughts and deal with it from there.

And guide her from the trap that a 'woman's advocate is a feminist': they are two different concepts.
Re: Help! Our Last Born Wants To Be A Feminist by mediclife1987(m): 6:53pm On May 11
advanceDNA:
Shes 16,....let her imagination run wild... She sounds brilliant to me...

.most girls are age don't even think let alone know what they want out of life, and are just running after boys for, penis, urgent 2k and other greed-driven material things

Besides, what's wrong with being an advocate for her kind....??

Which girl still dey collect 2k for this Nigeria? Definitely not in this Lagos sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Girlfriend Who Returned N75,000 Sent By A Male Admirer / What Romantic Gift Are You Giving Your Partner For Christmas? Mine is... / My Encounter With A Jw (jehovah’s Witness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.