Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (211135 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
Put ur number or email,i can add u now
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by eo2002: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
ehijie2002@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2012
@sucre cruz,
U dnt need to provide any new dox. if ur dox are already at d embassy till when u need to defer ur admission or when the embassy request u to do so.

@J20,
U may probably need additional sponsor. Ur agent may be right. Judge urself if u r d visa officer. will ur Mum exhaust 3.5Million out of 4million she has in her acct? But one thing is if she has evidence of other fixed asset and residual income,you are good to go with d 4million in her acct and evidence of other income without need for any co-sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 9:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
@Newacca,@Justwise,@all,i just received my tuition fee recepit.My question is this,should i send it to CDHC since i have already submited my application on the 25th of january? I submited the teller and telex copy of my tuition fee payment from GT Bank together with my application.Is that not enough to show proof of tuition fee payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Udoks(m): 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ all, I sincerely hope that this wont change this thread. But I'd like to know if anyone knows anyfin about studying in dominica, or direct me to where i can get more info. I apologize 4 d diversion plzzz.

Also, concerning dis issue of acct statements, we all know that no civil servant would normally have up to 6m in his or her acct. So is there any one who was sponsord by a civil servant parent to tel how they went about.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
[b]@newacca[/b]tanx broda I appreciate but since the date is near and no word frm cdhc its kid of putting me on the edge with my resumption date being march 5th
hope it will not affect my trv
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
@Seedgie
Tanx for your wishes,your is on d way!!
Here are d documents I submitted
My sponsor's acct statement(company acct), refrence letter frm the bank,affidavit of sponsorship,letter of spopnsorship,comp reg cert,tax clearance cert,my school credentials,my personnal accts,my payslips for 6mnths,am a memeber of a professional body related to my course so I submited the membership cert.
And all the general forms required to be submitted by all.
And God

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 2:38am On Mar 02, 2012
@All Please I would like to find out how I can get some of my documents as I will need for my current employment such as my certificate
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
@Pashal137,
it will do u no harm if u send it to them and no prob. if u dont,as long as they dont request for evidence of payment,so when they request,u can give it to 'em. Note: It will do u no harm if u send it to 'em either.

@sucre cruz,
CDHC is aware of ur start date,it will request for it,if its needed. @worst,u will only need a softcopy of the defferment letter via e-mail and download it to get hardcopy and send it to CDHC.

@bashtee,
pack ur luggage and fly Bro. We all wish u d best. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by palliative: 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ all. Please, I got an important question, Abeg, do banks divulge account balance of bank statements submitted by an applicant to d embassy? Do u knw it they are in such agreements to exchange such information?
And pls, what do they really verify when it comes to bank statements? What do they ask then banks when they contact them.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ newacca, if i am to send the tuition fee recepit to CDHC,how do i send it to them? Soft or hard copy?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
@Palliative,
No. The embassy only confirms only the Balance as at the time you submitted ur application. They will never ask the recent balance and if they do,the Bank will never give it to them. The account owner/signatory/ies is/are the only person(s) that can ask for d balance of the account anytime.

@Paschal137,
if u live within lagos and environ,you may print out the softcopy andsubmit it @ CDHC,Lagos. If u are far 4rm Lag. ask CDHC if u cld send the softcopy. I am sure they will agree,then u can send d softcopy via e-mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by palliative: 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
God bless you newacca. Thank u very very much.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ebugirl: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2012
@Pleas: Please can somone help me with a sample of affidavit of support and statement of purpose. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2012
@newacca,Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 2:12am On Mar 03, 2012
[b]@newacca[/b]broda hw do I retrieve my document like my degree certificate frm cdhc
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bullstriker: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2012
@bashtee
Big congrats to u.u really deserve it after such patience.wishing success in all yr endeavours.
what about usak4life,alleyx 2 and co.
@Tolyem
i hope u are gathering the registeration copies of yr sponsor becos i strongly believe that u would get it this time.
@all
we shall all reach our destinations
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by caryoday(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2012
@newacca,@paliative,@paschal137, @bashtee nd @all,
pls, wat do dey look at in a statement of account? Is it d history of d account or the last money in d acct as of d time of submission? And pls, how important is tax clearance cert? My sponsor does nt ve one. He says lawyer
no dey pay tax. Thanks, Ur contributn ll be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 10:43am On Mar 03, 2012
@ caryoday,dey look@ both.flow of cash in and out of ur sponsors account is part of it.If the flow of cash in and out of dat account is gud but the balance in the account is poor when u submited the bank statement to CDHC,i guess u know wats going to happen,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2012
@newacca @all

I will be paying for my acceptance fee and medical insurance deposit this Month.

I guess when i get this i can apply to CA embassy

And also i intend getting an apartment for 2 - 3 Months to let the embassy know i have a place to stay.

Is this okay.

@bashtee
Did you include your accommodation or who you will be staying with how did you do it.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
@sucre cruz,
u can go send e-mail to CDHC first that you need some of ur dox. they will reply 2 u to come,then u will print of the response sent to u and take it to CDHC,Lagos. They will give u a form to fill listing d dox. u needed and u will sign for collecting d dox. I am sure it will work that way.

@caryourday,
Embassy do look look out for both history and balance. The history indicates the account is alive and transaction is operated on it often,while the balance must be sufficient to cover ur tuition and other living expenses for @ least 1year and after d deduction of all these expenses it must remain reasonable balance. Putting urself in position of visa officer,it's unreasonable to spend all d current balance in ur acct.
Tax clearance is need to calculate your sponsor's income and his responsibility as a good citizen. If he doesn't have it,I suggest he explain. In my case,I cannot get Tax clearance 4rm IRS,I only got VAT Tax.ID.Number from FRIS and @ interview,I explained to the Visa Officer that Nigerian taxation systm is bad&unreliable. This is a known fact to embassies/Visa officers. It's better not to produce it than producing fake one.

@moty4all,
nothing do u. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
@newacca

I mean do people include this when applying,

And what advantage those it really have.

Does it increase my chance or i should add more Months like 4- 6
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
@newacca

Nice post on this it helps to clarify some things i wanted to ask

@caryourday,
Embassy do look look out for both history and balance. The history indicates the account is alive and transaction is operated on it often,while the balance must be sufficient to cover ur tuition and other living expenses for @ least 1year and after d deduction of all these expenses it must remain reasonable balance. Putting urself in position of visa officer,it's unreasonable to spend all d current balance in ur acct.
Tax clearance is need to calculate your sponsor's income and his responsibility as a good citizen. If he doesn't have it,I suggest he explain. In my case,I cannot get Tax clearance 4rm IRS,I only got VAT Tax.ID.Number from FRIS and @ interview,I explained to the Visa Officer that Nigerian taxation systm is bad&unreliable. This is a known fact to embassies/Visa officers. It's better not to produce it than producing fake one.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gogedda: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
@all, @newacca
Pls I need ur advice o, still tryin to look 4 options abt my sponsorship o, am also thinkin of using my mum's dad(grandpa) as one of d sponsor, but he is big time farmer, but the issue now is dat, he only generate his income frm farming and he has various hectares of farms. Pls is it possible to use him as sponsor and wat documents can I drop to support dis since he's a big time farmer.
Secondly wat documents do my mum need to drop just to show she's his daughter.
I need ur suggestions.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
I just got admission to study degree in canada,planning to apply for visa in few weeks,school resume in september,pls i need ur help,fellow Nigerians concerning nice visa package,my sponsor is my uncle and no same surname, plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2012
@moty4all,
it is not compulsory at the time of application but doing it will do u no harm. It may give u an edge.

@gogedda,

I suggest ur Mum to be ur principal sponsor and ur grandpa to be ur additional sponsor. U've got to give lot of reasons to why ur grandpa will be sponsoring ur education as a Main sponsor. If I am in d position of the V.O I may wonder why your grand pop is sponsoring ur education in Canada when ur mum is not his only offspring. but if she is,it makes the story different.
U can give dox. of the farm land,picture of Papa's farm and machinery. Papa's other assets both fixed and current.
dox relating ur maternal grand pop to ur Mum issue: 1.Draw a family tree  2. Ur Mum's marriage cert.(some marriage cert. show bride's maiden name) 3. Sworn affidavit from ur Mum and Grand pop stating this fact respectively.
I hope this info. helps a bit.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by gogedda: 7:03am On Mar 04, 2012
@newacca
Thanks bro, u've always been helpful, am just tryin to seek different options at the moment, and I hope it all works out anyway, may God continue to bless u, and ur TRV is so sure, thanks again,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hello newacca. Greetings to u. Am on mobile. Pls is it possible to succeed at the interview if your sponsor is not baring the same surname as you? If yes, how?

An uncle of mine may help me here but I am yet to discuss with him about it. He asked that I beep him when I am ready to talk and he is based in Canada. My travel arrangement may take a long while and possibly going to about the time you finish your treatment, newacca and maybe we could go together.

I will give you a call newacca when am buoyant enough meanwhile, my exam is just around the corner.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 5:53pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hello newacca. Greetings to u. Am on mobile. Pls is it possible to succeed at the interview if your sponsor is not baring the same surname as you? If yes, how?

An uncle of mine may help me here but I am yet to discuss with him about it. He asked that I beep him when I am ready to talk and he is based in Canada. My travel arrangement may take a long while and possibly going to about the time you finish your treatment, newacca and maybe we could go together.

I will give you a call newacca when am buoyant enough meanwhile, my exam is just around the corner.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ all,plz i need ur help,i got admission letter for undergraduate study in canada,i need details about successful visa application,my sponsor is my uncle but with different surname, plz help me oooooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Buchi758: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread and applaud you guys for your detailed information.
I am currently studying in Canada and hope to apply for my post-graduation work permit by April/May. My wife and our 1 year old daughter is currently residing in Lagos, and i seriously would love them to come join me this year. I would appreciate suggestions from you guys on the best way to go about this.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 7:02am On Mar 05, 2012
@2sexy,
You may be called for interview and u may not be called. Interviews are conducted on rare ocassions. Meanwhile u may not share same surname with ur Uncle if that ur Uncle is your maternal brother(Mother's brother) or if he's ur Father's half brother( born from same Mum diff.father) all u have to do is to prove it with all d dox. that u feel it will prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's truly ur Uncle. Take ur time and plan ur travel.
I wish u success in ur exams and ur future endeavour.

@olaremy2k,
u may not share same surname with ur Uncle if that ur Uncle is your maternal brother(Mother's brother) or if he's ur Father's half brother( born from same Mum diff.father) all u have to do is to prove it with all d dox. that u feel it will prove beyond reasonable doubt that he's truly ur Uncle.

@Buchi,
u will get info. easily on this page https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-863690.0.html
it's for those that are already studying in Canada.
Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.