Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (211122 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
@ Newecca, @ all, pls,someone told me my sponsor need to collect an affidavit of support from high court on my behalf,is that true, pls help me ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2012
@olaremy2k, u gotta take it easy bro as there are so many simple things you are yet to know.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 11:35pm On Mar 06, 2012
Thanks bro,but pls add me
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2012
olaremy2k:

Thanks bro,but pls add me
I've sent a request to U̶̲̥̅̊ on yim.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Aiwehia: 6:36am On Mar 07, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,
It is has been a while, i've been quite busy with academic work. reading previous threads remind me of several things, i'm such many of you will understand, but i give God all the glory
@Newacca: keep up your good work, keep up the faith, God will do it for u certainly! believe, it is worth the while
@Bastee: congrats my broda!
@All: few months ago i was also fretting and worried about TRV issues, but then a calm reading of previous thread actually helped me a lot, i also asked questions too. pls be encouraged! never give up! never!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by kazlam: 7:13am On Mar 07, 2012
I have received a new admission letter from STOUFFVILLE COLLEGE and am planing to re-submit by friday yhis week please let me have your number so that we can discuss some issue on phone my email is kazlam@yahoo.com
@Kazlam please how did you go about getting a new admission letter from SC because I have been trying that too although waiting for embassy to give me go head to do that.
@sucre cruz
You need to wait for the embassy to ask you for new date once you have that just send a mail to embassy with copy of the letter attach.
I think school will only ask you to pay for courier service only which is $65
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Can2012: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2012
People help ooo.

Is it that everybody on the US and Canada threads have all of the ridiculous amounts that the schools and consulates are looking for? I know we aren't all Adenuga's children and plenty people would have been in my shoes in the past who ae currently abroad.

Guys I need to leave for either US or Canada this year but lack all of that money that is required. If there's anybody who can help with information on scholarships and sponsorship, please HELP me.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 11:23am On Mar 07, 2012
I need assistance o!
Another Uni I applied for Undergrad studies is asking me to send a resume, is this is regular resume used for employment purpose?

They also asked me to send my High School transcript to them by mail. I want to send my WAEC result as well but I am thinking of sending the WAEC print out and a scratch card and also the SS1-SS3 transcript from my school.

I have to confess that this admission process is not easy.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 08, 2012
@all, i did an aprenticeship training in electrical engineering and i am to study physics at the umiversity of winnipeg, hope dis isn't a mis-match?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 08, 2012
J20:

I need assistance o!
Another Uni I applied for Undergrad studies is asking me to send a resume, is this is regular resume used for employment purpose?

They also asked me to send my High School transcript to them by mail.  I want to send my WAEC result as well but I am thinking of sending the WAEC print out and a scratch card and also the SS1-SS3 transcript from my school.

I have to confess that this admission process is not easy.

What university did you apply to if I may ask? An application for undergraduate studies should not prompt any demands for resumes at all. I would suggest you send them an email so that you could be clear as to what they really want. Yes, universities in Canada require High-school transcripts for admission processing. You would have to get that from your high- school. You MUST send that along with your WAEC result and also a scratch card.

Can2012:

People help ooo.

Is it that everybody on the US and Canada threads have all of the ridiculous amounts that the schools and consulates are looking for? I know we aren't all Adenuga's children and plenty people would have been in my shoes in the past who ae currently abroad.

Guys I need to leave for either US or Canada this year but lack all of that money that is required. If there's anybody who can help with information on scholarships and sponsorship, please HELP me.

Schooling in Canada is quite expensive I must confess so I certainly see where you are coming from. Nonetheless, there is only little any scholarship you would receive as an International student would do for you. You have to pay most of the money yourself, unfortunately. You should send an email to whatever school you intend applying to asking them about their scholarship programs and which ones are open to International students.

I wish all of you guys good luck. Through every step you make during your admission processing, remember to seek the favor of God. We make plans BUT He completes them. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rashypep(m): 3:12am On Mar 08, 2012
9ice post from 9ja sexy, kip up the good job, i got an admission to fanshawe college toronto, gathering infos for embassy, i wish m self good luck, how u doing ova der?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by mxxpunkxx: 4:27am On Mar 08, 2012
ok, am back . . tell me what i'v missed grin grin

@newacca
Sup?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by omosanyaolak(m): 6:45am On Mar 08, 2012
@rashypep, how are u doing? Have you sorted out your accomodation option with fanshawe college? I guess ur start date is september dis year.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rashypep(m): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2012
Am good thanks, not untill i i have gotten my TRV,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 8:34am On Mar 08, 2012
[b]@mxxpunkxx,[/b]
quite an age. sky is up Bro. how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2012
@ all

just to say that i ve arrived Toronto safely am trying to settle down and do the registration stuff. Men!!! this place is really organised and cool,all the waiting and stress i went thru is past now ,i think it worth the while.
Just wishing all of you well in your application by the time get it will forget the stress and frustration from CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rashypep(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2012
@ bashee, Congrat.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Jasmine007: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2012
Congrats @Bashtee and all the best,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Bankwo7(f): 10:17am On Mar 08, 2012
@Bashtee,congratulations!We shall all get there,hopefully![/color][color=#000099]
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2012
@all currently in canada
i plz i would luv 2 knw, after u arrived in canada hw long did it tk u to settle down and get a job and is ur income per month enough to cover ur feeding and accomundation each month??
@all
if someone is working with an agent such as maple, can dey assist in providing financially statement of account for d person if d person is nt financially stable?? Plz urgent responds, Thanks all and best of luck to all those who got there docx @ cdhc
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by caryoday(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2012
@newacca nd @ all,
please, who do i address a letter of introduction to @ the Canadian embassy? is it ds way?
The Visa Officer,
Canadian Deputy High Commission,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.
pls, ur reply is urgently needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
xtus:

@all currently in canada
i plz i would luv 2 knw, after u arrived in canada hw long did it tk u to settle down and get a job and is ur income per month enough to cover ur feeding and accomundation each month??
@all
if someone is working with an agent such as maple, can dey assist in providing financially statement of account for d person if d person is nt financially stable?? Plz urgent responds, Thanks all and best of luck to all those who got there docx @ cdhc

Firstly. you cannot arrive Canada and start working immediately. You have to wait at least 6 months before you could apply for any job. You could however, get a job on campus and work as the 6-month rule does not apply to campus jobs. Whatever you earn then would NEVER be enough to sustain you. Minimum wage in most provinces is about $9/h, you might think that is huge but the way you earn is the way you spend as cost of living is very high.

I do not think Maple would provide you a financial statement because their only responsibility is to serve as a link between you and the embassy. There is no harm in trying though.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
rashypep:

9ice post from 9ja sexy, kip up the good job, i got an admission to fanshawe college toronto, gathering infos for embassy, i wish m self good luck, how u doing ova der?

I wish you good luck as well. I am doing very well, thanks. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
Guys, feel free to ask absolutely any questions you may have concerning your admission/visa processing. I am more than willing to answer. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by andrew690: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
Canada Visas
Welcome to Global Visas - the world’s leading source of immigration advice. Our highly qualified immigration advisors have the experience and knowledge to find the ideal Canada visa for your needs.
We have provided expert advice since 1996, and today we are the largest and most successful Canada immigration consultancy with millions of happy clients. Global Visas is the only immigration company with offices worldwide, and our size means we can deliver the highest level of service at the lowest possible costs.

Canada Visas
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
Firstly. you cannot arrive Canada and start
working immediately. You have to wait at
least 6 months before you could apply for
any job. You could however, get a job on
campus and work as the 6-month rule does
not apply to campus jobs. Whatever you
earn then would NEVER be enough to
sustain you. Minimum wage in most
provinces is about $9/h, you might think
that is huge but the way you earn is the
way you spend as cost of living is very
high.
I do not think Maple would provide you a
financial statement because their only
responsibility is to serve as a link between
you and the embassy. There is no harm in
trying though.

@naijasexy, for those that work 9hrs on-campus hw much do earn on per hrs basis and hw can 1 get follow nigerian to share accomundation with most especailly in toronto D cheapest accoumundation in toronto is @ wht price range.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
@all, i did an aprenticeship training in electrical engineering and i am to study physics at the umiversity of winnipeg, hope dis isn't a mis-match?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Xtus A student is paid according to the minimum wage in that province and it is usually around $9 (+/- $1.5) . So if you work for 2 hours you would earn $18 and so on. Except you wanna be working on the weekends, I dont see you working 9 straight hours as you still wanna devote some time to your education since that's your primary reason of being there.

I live in a cheaper province than Toronto so I'd assume that accommodation prices would range from $(450-700) depending on what you want but hey! don't let that scare you, you could always find someone to split your bills/rent with. As for getting someone to be your roommate, I am not in Toronto neither do I attend your prospective school so I cannot wholly answer this question. This is something you should make arrangements for only when you have arrived Toronto.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
shavel:

I do not think we would be the right people to give you answers to this one. Where did you do Apprenticeship training in Elect/Eng? Go there are meet your student adviser for academic counselling.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
@naijasexy what province are u?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
naijasexy:

What university did you apply to if I may ask? An application for undergraduate studies should not prompt any demands for resumes at all. I would suggest you send them an email so that you could be clear as to what they really want. Yes, universities in Canada require High-school transcripts for admission processing. You would have to get that from your high- school. You MUST send that along with your WAEC result and also a scratch card.

University of New Brunswick.
I just prepared a resume, included my Statement of Purpose at the bottom and laoded it on my application page. I hope that does it.
I sent my High School transcript and WAEC result with a scratch card to them via courier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.