Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,169 members, 7,849,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (211671 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2012
luwylala: Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ll☺ evrybody I'm ڪ​☺ ڪ​☺ happy! M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ admission parcel landed yesterday. I've Just been admited into ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ university ☺f regina †☺ study environmental system engineering. I'm just new here but can someone tε̲̣̣̣̥ll ‎​M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ where †☺ begin from?
....congrats on ur admission.does ur school require paying any fee before u apply to embassy?.check he canadian immigration website for visa requirements,are u a self sponsor,if not,know what u need to provide and what should be done by ur sponsor,lastly,when is ur school resuming
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2012
olaremy2k: ....congrats on ur admission.does ur school require paying any fee before u apply to embassy?.check he canadian immigration website for visa requirements,are u a self sponsor,if not,know what u need to provide and what should be done by ur sponsor,lastly,when is ur school resuming

Nice way to put it.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
Paschal137: @fhemmmy,Can i move on 2 another field 4 my masters after i finish with my PGD? Can i also use my PGD to get work in canada after i must have finished my PGD proram?

Chance of you getting something to do on campus could be high if you are that good.
There are researches and the rest of stuff on Campus.
Your master's program depends on what you have done and what you will be credited for.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2012
luwylala: Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ll☺ evrybody I'm ڪ​☺ ڪ​☺ happy! M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ admission parcel landed yesterday. I've Just been admited into ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ university ☺f regina †☺ study environmental system engineering. I'm just new here but can someone tε̲̣̣̣̥ll ‎​M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ where †☺ begin from?

1. Completed Application for Study permits
2. A valid passport
3. Two photos of the students and each of the
family members. The photograph must not
be more that six month old. Back of the
photo, the name and date of birth of the
person appearing in the photo should be
written
4. Proof that shows the educational institution
has accepted the student for admission in
their institution
5. Evidence of sufficient funds to overcome all
the living expenses and study costs in
Canada
6. Bank transaction statement of last four
months
7. Proof of payment of fee in acceptable
format. This format varies according to
country and region. However, the most
general method is presenting it through
Bank Draft
8. Evidence that show students have no
criminal records
10. Students from some nations may even need
to present medical reports (Nigeria falls under this category.)
11. Any other documents that may help for
obtaining a Student visa for Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 21, 2012
J20: Please I need clarification on some issues:-

1. My mum is building up her account as advised by some good people here. She wants to transfer about 1m from her savings account to her current account (different banks). Does she need to submit 4 months statement of both accounts to the embassy? Or should she just explain the transfer in writing to the embassy?

2. Is applying for visa by first week of August alright for my Jan 3 admission?

3. After paying the deposit required by the school, how long does it take to get the admission letter that one needs to take to the embassy? I inten to pay the deposit by June ending and submit my visa package first week in August. Am I on course?

4. Do I need to book and pay for deposit for accommodation before starting the visa process?

Please respond to my queries! Thanks.

1) Submission of the statement of just one (the more active one) account should do.

2) It is definitely alright. Four months should be sufficient. I would say this though: The one thing that might delay your visa processing is if you are less than nineteen as that is the legal age in New Brunswick. You would need a custodian so make sure you make arrangements for that (if you are less than nineteen) before you submit your visa application. The custodian must live in the city you would be schooling in New Brunswick. If you do not have a custodian, you might be denied visa.

3) Are you the one applying to UNB? If so, it would take you about 1- 2 months to get the admission letter.

4) It is not mandatory but it is advisable to do so, not because it might affect your chances of getting a visa but mainly because you need to secure you accommodation in Residence as quick as possible because of the limited rooms available. Again if you are applying to UNB, your admission letter would be accompanied by a form that you would fill out. This form basically asks you if you want to live in residence or not. You would return this form once it has been filled and send it to the school along with your deposit (about $300) and this would likely be done before you send your application to the embassy.

Hope I helped. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
olaremy2k: if she is sponsoring u with just an account,then she neednt give u morethan 1 statement of account.what matter is just make sure the account is ok,also,applying to d embassy shouldnt be lessthan 4months to school resumbtion,calculate that urself when ure planning on visa application.if the school instruct u to pay for a deposit of a particular amount before u get admission letter,do so,if not,do not pay for any fees,including school fees,accommodation and all except the embassy instruct u to do so.getting admission letter lies in u,as soon as u meet up d school requirement,u'll be sent admission letter as soon as possible,and lastly,make sure ure contacting d admission officer for any related school information u need,because different school with different policy.......

Thanks for your help.
I appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
naijasexy:

1) Submission of the statement of just one (the more active one) account should do.

2) It is definitely alright. Four months should be sufficient. I would say this though: The one thing that might delay your visa processing is if you are less than nineteen as that is the legal age in New Brunswick. You would need a custodian so make sure you make arrangements for that (if you are less than nineteen) before you submit your visa application. The custodian must live in the city you would be schooling in New Brunswick. If you do not have a custodian, you might be denied visa.

3) Are you the one applying to UNB? If so, it would take you about 1- 2 months to get the admission letter.

4) It is not mandatory but it is advisable to do so, not because it might affect your chances of getting a visa but mainly because you need to secure you accommodation in Residence as quick as possible because of the limited rooms available. Again if you are applying to UNB, your admission letter would be accompanied by a form that you would fill out. This form basically asks you if you want to live in residence or not. You would return this form once it has been filled and send it to the school along with your deposit (about $300) and this would likely be done before you send your application to the embassy.

Hope I helped. smiley

You have helped a great deal.
I am still waiting for the admission letter from UNB; the message is that a decision is yet to be taken. But I do have admission from Manitoba which I may go ahead with if I don't get any positive response from UNB by May.
I am aware of the custodian stuff, UManitoba promised to arrange that for me after payment of deposit and I hope UNB will do the same.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rapheal2k9: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
@olaremy2k: Can u put up a scanned version of the police certificate cos im trying to get someone to do it for me in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
rapheal2k9: @olaremy2k: Can u put up a scanned version of the police certificate cos im trying to get someone to do it for me in Nigeria.
..sorry i dont have a copy on my PC,but just tell the person to go to police headquarter in Abuja or lagos and request for police character certificate for canada embassy,but ur presence is needed cuz they'll need ur finger print...keep cool
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by luwylala(m): 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
@olaremy2k M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ school do Ŋ☺† require payment b4 applying †☺ ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ embasy aŋD̶̲̥̅̊ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ school Ȋ̝̊̅ ڪ resuming by Sept 5th 2012.​†HªŋKڪ f☺я̩̥̊ ur concern! i am given 3 start dates, can I start I̶̲̥̅̊​ŋ any ☺f ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ start date without any complications?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by luwylala(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
@ Xtus: ​†HªŋKڪ ڪ​☺ mush f☺я̩̥̊ ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ info will start ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ process right away!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
luwylala: @olaremy2k M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ school do Ŋ☺† require payment b4 applying †☺ ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ embasy aŋD̶̲̥̅̊ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ school Ȋ̝̊̅ ڪ resuming by Sept 5th 2012.​†HªŋKڪ f☺я̩̥̊ ur concern! i am given 3 start dates, can I start I̶̲̥̅̊​ŋ any ☺f ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ start date without any complications?
...good,u can resume @ any start date of ur choice and that gives u enough time to prepare ur documents before u apply to VAC..check d canada embassy website for requirements and ask the house whatever isnt clear
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Efizzi: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2012
@Rapheal, Its very possible to get it. All you have to do is go to the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence and request police clearance. They would guide you through. I helped my Aunt in France to do the other leg here. I know she sent me a letter to take to Police HQ here and the letter contained her fingerprint and details. All i required to do was take it to the HQ and get it signed off. but I paid like 5,000naira sha. even if she paid in france.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by luwylala(m): 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
@olaremy2k.I hope I won't bε̲̣̣̣̥ required †☺ pay any money if I don't start α̲̅† ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ 1st date?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
luwylala: @olaremy2k.I hope I won't bε̲̣̣̣̥ required †☺ pay any money if I don't start α̲̅† ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ 1st date?
u wont be required to pay any fee,urs is to resume any of the three dates,which school give u admission and course, undergraduate or postgraduate
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
Please i need your urgent assistance,i secured admission to study economics in canada(undergraduate) and am a graduate of education economics,i want to know if embassy will grant me visa on such admission.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
According to the university,i was advised to pay tuition fee deposite of 100 non refundable but they have release acceptance letter already to me to proceed to the embassy,is it any need to pay more than what they required as tuition deposite to boost my visa chances.thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
Noswaa: Please i need your urgent assistance,i secured admission to study economics in canada(undergraduate) and am a graduate of education economics,i want to know if embassy will grant me visa on such admission.Thank you

There is a link between what you have studied and what you plan to study, however, there are so many other things that you have to worry about.
Age is one of them
Ability to fund your education.
Will advice that you worry about those
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
Noswaa: According to the university,i was advised to pay tuition fee deposite of 100 non refundable but they have release acceptance letter already to me to proceed to the embassy,is it any need to pay more than what they required as tuition deposite to boost my visa chances.thank you

There is not need for you to pay more than what you have been told to pay . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
Thank you so much,Am a lady of 25 years plus
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
Noswaa: Thank you so much,Am a lady of 25 years plus

Nothing is impossible . . . You could give it a trial, as long as all other requirements are intact and superb.
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
xtus:

1. Completed Application for Study permits
2. A valid passport
3. Two photos of the students and each of the
family members. The photograph must not
be more that six month old. Back of the
photo, the name and date of birth of the
person appearing in the photo should be
written
4. Proof that shows the educational institution
has accepted the student for admission in
their institution
5. Evidence of sufficient funds to overcome all
the living expenses and study costs in
Canada
6. Bank transaction statement of last four
months

7. Proof of payment of fee in acceptable
format. This format varies according to
country and region. However, the most
general method is presenting it through
Bank Draft
8. Evidence that show students have no
criminal records
10. Students from some nations may even need
to present medical reports (Nigeria falls under this category.)
11. Any other documents that may help for
obtaining a Student visa for Canada.

@Fhemmy,
thx 4 inspiring noswaa. If she could package ur application well and meeting requirements,she may get it. It happened to me,jst dat I have issues with medical and I am already taking therapy due to finish mid nxt year. God willing.

@xtus and luwylala,
I think the bank statement should be minimum of 6mths. history for applicants from 9ja ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Fhemmmy,i appreciate your sugestion but i prefer to get concret information regarding to that type of admission if you have seen any body sucessful in such admission,i want to try what can be possible,interms of sponsorship,i have no problem.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Noswaa: Fhemmmy,i appreciate your sugestion but i prefer to get concret information regarding to that type of admission if you have seen any body sucessful in such admission,i want to try what can be possible,interms of sponsorship,i have no problem.Thank you
...all u need is nice packaging of ur application and prayer,i've heard of a guy of 30 granted TRV to canada,which school give u admission and when is resumption date
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by luwylala(m): 1:54am On Mar 22, 2012
@olaremy2K. ​its a degree admission from university ☺f Regina aŋD̶̲̥̅̊ ​†Ħε̲̣̣̣̥ course Ȋ̝̊̅ ڪ environmental system engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 2:55am On Mar 22, 2012
@All Please it is very important that we always state the time constrain that arises from CDHC when giving resolution to others that have the intention of submiting an application because at the end of the day that is just the one thing that gets some people frustrated about this whole application exercise
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 22, 2012
Noswaa: According to the university,i was advised to pay tuition fee deposite of 100 non refundable but they have release acceptance letter already to me to proceed to the embassy,is it any need to pay more than what they required as tuition deposite to boost my visa chances.thank you

Hi people
When you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit, is it best you pay the deposit b4 submitting an application to the embassy or can one submit an application and then pay the deposit? Please I need assistance on this issue! Thanks pple
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by princesyeed: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2012
@all pls I just want to know if there is range Age requirements to study in undergraduate program. I'm 32years planning to study in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2012
newacca:

@Fhemmy,
thx 4 inspiring noswaa. If she could package ur application well and meeting requirements,she may get it. I[b]t happened to me,jst dat I have issues with medical and I am already taking therapy due to finish mid nxt year. God willing.[/b]

I pray that God will heal you and make all well for you . . . See you in Canada
I like what you said about making sure that the account history should be 6 months, as a matter of fact, if i were them with the kinda history that Nigeria has, i would suggest even more and make sure it is clean record.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2012
J20:

You have helped a great deal.
I am still waiting for the admission letter from UNB; the message is that a decision is yet to be taken. But I do have admission from Manitoba which I may go ahead with if I don't get any positive response from UNB by May.
I am aware of the custodian stuff, UManitoba promised to arrange that for me after payment of deposit and I hope UNB will do the same.

UNB will NEVER provide you a custodian. They are crazy that way. I am happy for you and I wish you good luck in Manitoba. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2012
Noswaa: Fhemmmy,i appreciate your sugestion but i prefer to get concret information regarding to that type of admission if you have seen any body sucessful in such admission,i want to try what can be possible,interms of sponsorship,i have no problem.Thank you

Like the people have mentioned, it is possible.
No one could give you a specific answer except The Canadian Embassy, but people could only encourage you and advise you.
It is possible, doable, all that is important that you package your application well and with diligence, as well as being honest with it.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
princesyeed: @all pls I just want to know if there is range Age requirements to study in undergraduate program. I'm 32years planning to study in canada

What is your background . . .
Do you have a degree in Canada before? If you don't you would have to tell the embassy what you have been doing since you were done with secondary school
Cos they already know that most of our people will land in Canada and never go back . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.