Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (211667 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2012
VCTROKOYE: Hi,
Please, which university in Canada should a young guy who got 3.47 GP apply for masters in computer computer?
Thanks

A Nigerian first class is equivalent to a Canadian 3.5 GPA ( indicating that their standard of grading is higher) and from what I know,, most schools USUALLY accept only people with a Nigerian 4.0 GPA or higher into their masters program. It would be hard for you to find a school that would admit you with that GPA.
You can check with Memorial University though. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by papalumi29(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2012
@ all greetings to u and my success prayer to u all. Am really glad to know such forum is avaliable to us all. Indeed, we shall have a good testimony to share. And to newacca & others who are havin delay,I knw God is in control of ur situation,it will be a +ive story,pls don't give up.

@ pallative, newacca & house ....Dis is my 1st time here,hv read thru D trend frm part 1. I submitted my study permit/TRV app on 6.01.12 @ Ikeja VAC. It was scaned to Dem on 17.01.12. My sch start date is May 7th, 12. D issue now is dat hv nt heard frm dem. What can I do, plsssss.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by boxbonnie(m): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
papalumi29: @ all greetings to u and my success prayer to u all. Am really glad to know such forum is avaliable to us all. Indeed, we shall have a good testimony to share. And to newacca & others who are havin delay,I knw God is in control of ur situation,it will be a +ive story,pls don't give up.

@ pallative, newacca & house ....Dis is my 1st time here,hv read thru D trend frm part 1. I submitted my study permit/TRV app on 6.01.12 @ Ikeja VAC. It was scaned to Dem on 17.01.12. My sch start date is May 7th, 12. D issue now is dat hv nt heard frm dem. What can I do, plsssss.

"With N☺ intention to discourage u" I submited mine in oct 2011, till date I НªvΣ Ɲδ†̥ heard anytin from dem. I have heard cases were applicant got an invitation for medicals 2-3 weeks after submision.
Though its said that every1s apllication is treated seprately with d documents provided.
So diff aplicant,,, diff processing time! Well mine for ♏e is getting alarming...going to 6months now.
I wonder if any1 is or has been in my shoes aπϑ was later called for medical/ trv @ all oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by papalumi29(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
OMG! ur case is serious but I know that u'll surely smile IJN. I undastand hw u feel. As the last time I checked their site, they say it will take 18 weeks to process it and if u hv nt heard from dem after, u can contact dem @ their office. I'll advise u to visit dem. It is well
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 1:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
@papalumi, wat school r u going 2? I Also submited on the 26th of january dis year.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by papalumi29(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Paschal137, my sch is Seneca College. Pls, give me ur mail/contact I hv som quiz, thks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
boxbonnie:

"With N☺ intention to discourage u" I submited mine in oct 2011, till date I НªvΣ Ɲδ†̥ heard anytin from dem. I have heard cases were applicant got an invitation for medicals 2-3 weeks after submision.
Though its said that every1s apllication is treated seprately with d documents provided.
So diff aplicant,,, diff processing time! Well mine for ♏e is getting alarming...going to 6months now.
I wonder if any1 is or has been in my shoes aπϑ was later called for medical/ trv @ all oooo

I will advice that you call them, or inquire what and why it is taking so long . . .
There is no crime in knowing why the delay, Good Luck
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
Paschal137: @papalumi, wat school r u going 2? I Also submited on the 26th of january dis year.My start date is also 7th of may.I have not heard from dem o!

Who are you waiting for to hear from? The school or the Embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ all in the house,let's have faith and keep praying for a successful visa application.....we'll get the visa by GOD's grace

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
olaremy2k: @ all in the house,let's have faith and keep praying for a successful visa application.....we'll get the visa by GOD's grace

When i see prayers like this, i pray for the prayer and pray that the applicant will not be disappointed upon getting the visa and being in Canada, cos life aint bed of roses anywhere in the world, but you will at least have electricity 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and you will have the opportunit to be whow you wanna be, but be willing to work hard.
Good Luck

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by boxbonnie(m): 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
@fhemmmy...tanx I wrote to dem but they havnt replyd yet.
U aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ryt prayers aπϑ faith in God is all dat has being keeping ♏e.... Dats wat we all need
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
boxbonnie: @fhemmmy...tanx I wrote to dem but they havnt replyd yet.
U aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ryt prayers aπϑ faith in God is all dat has being keeping ♏e.... Dats wat we all need

Are you aware if you meet all the requirements?. . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by boxbonnie(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Are you aware if you meet all the requirements?. . . .

So far, from all I НªvΣ seen here on this forum and all my enquires I tink I do.. But if otherwise they shld atleast gotten bck to ♏e on any epileptic document/ required docmnt Ɲδ†̥ present in my application
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
boxbonnie:

So far, from all I НªvΣ seen here on this forum and all my enquires I tink I do.. But if otherwise they shld atleast gotten bck to ♏e on any epileptic document/ required docmnt Ɲδ†̥ present in my application

Lemme ask you couple of question if you dont mind:
1. Who is your Sponsor
2. Are you under the age of 22?
3. Do you have 5 credits that are related to what you would love to study?
4. Are you able to prove the money in the account of your sponsor?
5. Have you applied to the schools in Canada and secure admission?
If you dont feel like answering this, you dont have to, but there is a difference btw answers online and reality. . . . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by boxbonnie(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lemme ask you couple of question if you dont mind:
1. Who is your Sponsor
2. Are you under the age of 22?
3. Do you have 5 credits that are related to what you would love to study?
4. Are you able to prove the money in the account of your sponsor?
5. Have you applied to the schools in Canada and secure admission?
If you dont feel like answering this, you dont have to, but there is a difference btw answers online and reality. . . . . . .

Tanx a lot for Ʊ® care..
My dad is my sponsor.
I am above 22 years.
I applied for an undergraduate course"comp-science" I НªvΣ 8 credits in my 0-level
The money in d acc is above 15 million naira.
I secured admission in d university of regina to study comp science/info tech.
All dis I included in my application
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2012
boxbonnie:

Tanx a lot for Ʊ® care..
My dad is my sponsor.
I am above 22 years.
I applied for an undergraduate course"comp-science" I НªvΣ 8 credits in my 0-level
The money in d acc is above 15 million naira.
I secured admission in d university of regina to study comp science/info tech.
All dis I included in my application

Do you mind if i ask the age range? . . . Let us talk off Nairaland .. . Femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
papalumi29: @ Paschal137, my sch is Seneca College. Pls, give me ur mail/contact I hv som quiz, thks

@papalumi...... I have applied to seneca college bt am still awaiting my acceptance letter. Plz i want to know hw long it took b4 dey send u urs (acceptance letter). I applied for d sept intake. Drop me ur email so we can talk more...... Thankz!!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
xtus:

@papalumi...... I have applied to seneca college bt am still awaiting my acceptance letter. Plz i want to know hw long it took b4 dey send u urs (acceptance letter). I applied for d sept intake. Drop me ur email so we can talk more...... Thankz!!

How long ago did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by babsharon(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ all ....pls i need d requirement to apply for canada student visa
i just received my acceptance letter from niagara college.....september intake.....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How long ago did you apply?

i apply on d 1st of dis month. Where ur results/transcript verified @ ur sch
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
babsharon: @ all ....pls i need d requirement to apply for canada student visa
i just received my acceptance letter from niagara college.....september intake.....thanks

Completed Application for Study permits
A valid passport
Two photos of the students and each of the
family members. The photograph must not
be more that six month old. Back of the
photo, the name and date of birth of the
person appearing in the photo should be
written
Proof that shows the educational institution
has accepted the student for admission in
their institution
Evidence of sufficient funds to overcome all
the living expenses and study costs in
Canada
Bank transaction statement of last four
months
Proof of payment of fee in acceptable
format. This format varies according to
country and region. However, the most
general method is presenting it through
Bank Draft
Evidence that show students have no
criminal records
Students from some nations may even need
to present medical reports
Any other documents that may help for
obtaining a Student visa for Canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
@papalumi,dis is my number...
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by boxbonnie(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Do you mind if i ask the age range? . . . Let us talk off Nairaland .. . Femmmy.moto@gmail.com

ℓ☺ℓ yeah, tanx for the email...I wuld add U̶̲̥̅̊ up now so we can relate personal issues... I really appreciate Ʊ® concern. As for d age am 24years old... Precisely.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by papalumi29(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Paschal, thks 4 ur nos, hv sent YIM to u pls accept it.

@ Xtus, hv dropped some info in ur box check it.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
@papalumi,i cant see it.Drop ur yahoo messenger ID so i can add u.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by boxbonnie(m): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

]

ℓ☺ℓ yeah, tanx for the email...I wuld add U̶̲̥̅̊ up now so we can relate personal issues... I really appreciate Ʊ® concern. As for d age am 24years old... Precisely
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ all experienced, can i use a non-personalised UBA africard to pay an application fee? I just need this fee paid asap, can't wait for a whole week to get the personalised card. I'd appreciate suggestions.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by papalumi29(m): 8:45am On Mar 17, 2012
@ the house, gudmorni to u all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 11:01am On Mar 17, 2012
papalumi29: @ the house, gudmorni to u all

@ Paschal137 & xtus, olumide29@yahoo.com, pls add me thks.

have sent u a friend request. Have u tried calling or visit the cdhc office to find out d status of ur application
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rubenic(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
@all I applied to memorial uni for msc in Biochem last year October for May semester...they've not contacted me ever since. what could be wrong?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 17, 2012
^^ Call the registrar's office and they would put you through to admissions. Or you could send them an e-mail. Only they can tell you what's wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.