Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! (19466 Views)

Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Beaf: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
ogogo24: GEJ is doing his best to answer d questions, to d best of his abilities. His presentation might not be that coherent, but he's trully passionate about Nigeria.

And that is all we need. For the first time, we have a President who is talking about unleashing productivity through deregulation and empowering the private sector. These are very powerful messages for any developing country and ones that our loudly biased crew wish to ignore while they natter about innanities.
Anyone with a serious thought toward Nigeria could not have missed Jonathans central thread and its potentially tectonic impact on our way forward. But its the new fad for empty people to be loud and brash, while the world goes by.

GEJ might not be the most eloquent, but he sure is on the right track.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
@Gekko  Half Baked graduates means those graduates were already in school before Jona entered office, what can he do about them ? Prolly He should send them back to school. That was a classic myopic question. I call that question, silly.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by TRUTHTELA: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
@LeoMax, in the Nigerian Political context, FAILURE BEGETS FAILURE, @ the fullness of time, you & I will realize that both the past & the present were TWO SIDES of the same coins.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Beaf: 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
kokoA: Even JEG acknowledged Buhari as a credible Nigerian.

It takes a big character to say charitable things about a hateful opponent. GEJ is a great guy.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by VoodooDoll(m): 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
Govt would not want to inflict PAINS on Nigerians

Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
LeoMax:

@Gekko  Half Baked graduates means those graduates were already in school before Jona entered office, what can he do about them ? Prolly He should send them back to school. That was a classic myopic question. I call that question, silly.

Do you have any shame shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by dayokanu(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beaf:

And that is all we need. For the first time, we have a President who is talking about unleashing productivity through deregulation and empowering the private sector. These are very powerful messages for any developing country and ones that our loudly biased crew wish to ignore while they natter about innanities.
Anyone with a serious thought toward Nigeria could not have missed Jonathans central thread and its potentially tectonic impact on our way forward. But its the new fad for empty people to be loud and brash, while the world goes by.

GEJ might not be the most eloquent, but he sure is on the right track.

So you are admitting he is a Retardeed PhD holder?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
@TRUTHTELA

Sounds like religious prophesy of anacondian proportion, dont tell me you wish we are doomed. Believe it or not, I burn less petrol these days than the era of OBJ and I feel there is more hope for the future than there was when I grew my first beard.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by TRUTHTELA: 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
@LeoMax, the awareness will come from people looking for where to DUMP their POWER GENERATING SETSand  Big time investors and manufacturers heading to the States you mentioned cos THEY NOW HAVE STABLE & RELIABLE POWER SUPPLY,anything short of this,hmmmmm.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by dayokanu(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beaf:

It takes a big character to say charitable things about a hateful opponent. GEJ is a great guy.

That must mean Retardeen can not deny the obvious about Buhari

Can people say the same about Odechukwu Abdulclueless Jonathan?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
Kobojunkie (f)

I have no shame, but I have pity and feel sorry for someone whose signature attests that she smokes dope on a mobile phone. You are hardly ashamed
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by philips70(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

Its obvious - so, agree to it - You hate GEJ, you hate his balls, you hate hearing his name, you hate anything GEJ, - so, deal with it - he is still your President, so, keep hating, while he keeps ruling you. Someday, you will keep quiet, because you make no sense.

Here he comes, assistant Voltron to Beaf!!!
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
LeoMax:

Kobojunkie (f)

I have no shame, but I have pity and feel sorry for someone whose signature attests that she smokes drugs on a mobile phone. You are hardly ashamed

smokes drugs on a mobile phone? I am definitely sure here you are off your rockers!
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
@TRUTHTELA

These things take time. I dont know where you live. But my neigborhood power supply has greatly improved. Sorry if you are stucked in the dark
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Beaf: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
dayokanu:

You always sound very unintelligent and like you oozed out of a gutter.
Its embarrassing to be quoted by you, please stick to quoting the likes of becomnerich and Rhino.5dm.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by TRUTHTELA: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
@LeoMax, Obasanjo, foot soldiers will  so DISAGREE with you, they will tell you that Obasanjo's ERA , was the GOLDEN era and that Yar'adua messed things up, and they have failed to see the FAILURE in Obasanjo himself, by appointing Yar'adua as president,simply becos of his GREED & SHORT SIGHTEDNESS. Jonathan will leave office & then we'll all take STOCK. He can promise whatever he wants for now.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
@Kobojunkie (f)

You are shame personified. Why did you change your signature. It takes your writeup to know the content of your xter.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2011
LeoMax:

@TRUTHTELA

These things take time. I dont know where you live. But my neigborhood power supply has greatly improved. Sorry if you are [size=18pt]stucked[/size] in the dark

You are one of the products of our failed education system

WTF is "Stucked"? Which school did you attend? Maybe the same school that awarded retardeen his PhD
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2011
Now I Changed my signature? Is this man an escapee from a mental home or something? What the heck is this thing talking of? Someone don put dirty fingers inside im brain or somethinG?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Reference(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2011
Well, looking at the whole thing. I think he is a good man with good intentions. Its not an easy decision especially in a depressed economy but there's a lot of work to do. I do feel government should reform in equal measure as the public. Currently the pain is unequal. There's another misconception government has to address which he enumerated on. If he feels the private sector is a better vehicle for job creation then why not hand over the 1.3 trillion to the private sector. If it will end up as the usual allocation to states and local governments it will only result in a larger and more expensive bureaucracy. Most of it will be mismanaged and stolen. Government will be handling more cash than ever before, a larger percentage of our GDP will pass through their pockets and this will draw more attention to government, more patronage and more cartels. This is the structure that must be addressed while government withdraws its subsidies or very little impact will be felt.

If they are going to establish another bureaucracy like the PTF as was suggested (a seven man committee of so-called eminent Nigerians) all the savings will probably be lost. The companies that will benefit are the same contract cabals and the bulk of the funds will end up in Stuttgart with only temporary contract jobs created. But if well thought out processes are established it can be sustainable and beneficial. An example is supporting small scale industry, agriculture, mining, manufacturing. But if it ends up in contracting. Too bad.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2011
@TRUTHTELA

OBJ will die with the truth that he knew that Yaradull will die before end of term so a SS loyal to him will takeover. He is more corny and egoistic than the IBB.  OBJ and IBB control 2 different cabals, with portfolio in  Dangote, Otedola, Mike Adenuga etc. We know the truth about this cabals and they will continue to sponsor elections and run the country in their hotel rooms. You want Jonathan to accept that there is a cabal? When he is a product of that same Cabal ?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Beaf: 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
dayokanu:

He is a PhD holder, while I doubt you can think hard enough to sell a tuber of yam.

Why don't you stick to organising million man rallies for Abacha, your hero? Thats what you did, isn't it?
GEJ has no time for vultures and hyena's from the past, a new nation is being built; so let you bad belle kill you or go beg breadcrumbs off Mohammed Abacha's table, afterall he is still alive and kicking.

Loser.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
@dayokanu (m)

Stucked means: Fix something on (a point or pointed object): "stick the balls of wool on knitting needles".

Are you daft ?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
Reference:

Well, looking at the whole thing. I think he is a good man with good intentions.
Good for you but that matters for not.
Reference:

Its not an easy decision especially in a depressed economy but there's a lot of work to do.
What depressed economy?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by nagoma(m): 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
Although I can hear what GEJ says, I have serious difficulty in understanding what he wants to convey. Please am I the only one so affected? I was sitting attentively in front of a big plasma TV screen thru the long interview but I am clueless ( to borrow this adjective) as to what my president wants to convey. I will have to wait for the interpretation by the papers tomorrow - i suppose. angry
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Olaone1: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin

Plenti political animals dey here oo.

C abuse  shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by TRUTHTELA: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
@LeoMax, in this 21 century, I don't see how you all will be so EXCITED cos you had electricity to sleep twice in a week. It takes no time, IT TAKES A POLITICAL WILL. For instance, cutting his own waste & excesses. Have you looked into the BUDGET? Look into it, then if you can see what CONCERNERD NIGERIANS saw,you will know that they are all ROUGES. FYI, you are the one that is STUCK in darkness & generator pollution. I live in States.
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2011
Reference:

I do feel government should reform in equal measure as the public. Currently the pain is unequal. There's another misconception government has to address which he enumerated on. If he feels the private sector is a better vehicle for job creation then why not hand over the 1.3 trillion to the private sector. If it will end up as the usual allocation to states and local governments it will only result in a larger and more expensive bureaucracy. Most of it will be mismanaged and stolen.

Are you really suggesting the state be run on FEELINGS still? 

This man should have taken this opportunity to explain why his plan WILL WORK  . . .  not why HE FEELS IT MAY WORK . . . which is all he did, and didn't even do a good job at that either.

Did you listen in on the chat at all? He was repeatedly asked of how the 1.3 trillion would be spent and he did mention that the bulk would go to the states and local governments?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
LeoMax:

@Kobojunkie (f)

You are shame personified. Why did you change your signature. It takes your writeup to know the content of your xter.
You are confusing dayokanu's signature with kobojunkie's signature.
Sorry for going off topic
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
LeoMax:

@dayokanu (m)

Stucked means: Fix something on (a point or pointed object): "stick the balls of wool on knitting needles".

Are you daft ?

Which dictionary is this? and which language is STUCKED?

Are you Retardeed?
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2011
fellis:

You are confusing dayokanu's signature with kobojunkie's signature.
Sorry for going off topic

He is blind na. or how does Kobojunkie and Dayokanu look similar
Re: GEJ Talks To The Media: Presidential Media Chat Live! by muyoto: 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
Ola one:

grin grin grin grin grin

Plenti political animals dey here oo.

C abuse  shocked shocked shocked

I don laff tire  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Protest In Lagos Over Political Violence In Rivers - Photo / Aisha Buhari Donated Cows To Bauchi Youths / Buhari Appoints Enikanolaiye As Permanent Secretary And Redeploys 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.