Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (60821 Views)

Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by DrTony1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
MajoR Nzeogwu, †ђε hEro of our time
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Dede1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Katsumoto: On this issue, arguing with Dayo is akin to banging your head against the wall. grin grin grin

Akintola was his uncle.

Dayo, no matter how you try to spin it, people are not fools.

With regards to the wetie incidents, read Fazil Agbe's piece supplied by Physics and you will observe that even Akintola believed that they were sponsored by the NCNC. Of course you know that the NCNC assisted Akintola in causing the brouhaha in the Western House leading to the state of emergency in the West. And instead of joining the NCNC in an alliance, he chose to join Balewa/Bello.

I never thought one day we could agree on one issue. You could not be more correct with the first sentence in the above post. He\she is not called Dayolodo for nothing.

In addition, it is unfortunate you construed the action of one person as the collective agendum of entire political party.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tomakint: 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

You are welcome.  grin

Wao, 'Esteemed Katz' its been a while I have seen you around, I hope you are doing great and fine! A happy belated new year to you my brother cool
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tomakint: 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dr.Tony:
MajoR Nzeogwu, †ђε hEro of our time
Wao, you couldn't av captured it better, I love everything about that man, a true hero indeed! We lost him because he was surrounded by 'chameleons' who pretended they share his views! Nzeogwu remains one of Nigeria's few finest soldier! May his soul continue to rest in peace! cool
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tomakint: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
cdoffx: @Northsharp
first let me point to you that the fact that corruption and betrayal is the order in Nigeria or yoruba politics does not make it right. even though some say Ojukwu really fueled it cos of his desire to rule.Awolowo's respected by many Yorubas but he's also power thirsty 2 rule a big Nigeria
You are the true son of ur father for saying the truth without mincing word! May ur days be long cool

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by AndreUweh(m): 2:23am On Feb 24, 2013
Shagari did not resist arrest, and he was spared. Shonekan did not resist handing over to Abacha, and his life was spared. If you are a civilian and you resist military takeover, then something dreadful might happen as in the case of Ahmadu Bello.

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by nduchucks: 2:38am On Feb 24, 2013
Andre Uweh: Shagari did not resist arrest, and he was spared. Shonekan did not resist handing over to Abacha, and his life was spared. If you are a civilian and you resist military takeover, then something dreadful might happen as in the case of Ahmadu Bello.

Your list is incomplete nwanne. Please give us a few names of Igbo Army Officers who were spared because they did not resist arrest during the Nzeogwu Igbo coup.

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by AndreUweh(m): 2:49am On Feb 24, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Your list is incomplete nwanne. Please give us a few names of Igbo Army Officers who were spared because they did not resist arrest during the Nzeogwu Igbo coup.
I have not justified the killing of Bello by the coupists. Till this day, many Nigerians believe in their charms for protection while some believe in their guards. It is not enough when compared with khaki boys with fingers on their triggers. Bello wasn't meant to be killed but usurped. He never took them serious when they stormed his home. Its a pity. Whether you are a politician or a businessman or any profession, fear the man whose hand is on a trigger.

2 Likes

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by dayokanu(m): 3:48am On Feb 24, 2013
^^ Tomakint why wasnt any politician or soldier of Ibo extraction even targetted or attacked at all
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by aurenflani: 9:14am On Feb 24, 2013
cdoffx: Northsharp
even history as nothing good about your saduana who is full of nepotism and corruption. was it not your saduana that backs Tafawa Balewa in all attrocities commited in the western region then when that man Akintola all because of money and power betrayed his kinsmen. i'm a Yoruba but i'll everly respect Nzeogwu as he did the best thing to save the nation then just that it was thwarted by some idiots.history will always expose all you liars.

Who do think you are talking to? Which bloody Yoruba tribe do you belong to or interest you are serving? Just say the truth about your instinct and motive that you are only guided by the fact that Akintola is a Muslim. That's how you keep on deceiving your kin by hiding behind ethnic affiliation well you despise your brothers for being Muslims. Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cdoffx(m): 3:10am On Feb 25, 2013
tomakint:
You are the true son of ur father for saying the truth without mincing word! May ur days be long cool
amen and you too

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cdoffx(m): 3:18am On Feb 25, 2013
aurenflani:

Who do think you are talking to? Which bloody Yoruba tribe do you belong to or interest you are serving? Just say the truth about your instinct and motive that you are only guided by the fact that Akintola is a Muslim. That's how you keep on deceiving your kin by hiding behind ethnic affiliation well you despise your brothers for being Muslims. Bloody hypocrites.
mtcheew. Whats my business with Akintola being a muslim or not. What has religion got to do with politics. In fact i think you're only insuniating what you do and believe as what others to do. I do not segregate people because of religion even though i'll not stay with you in a lonely corner lest you pull out your dagger to slaughter me, its what you hausa people have been doing over and over again. No offence to you just saying the reality
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by dayokanu(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2013
cdoffx:
mtcheew. Whats my business with Akintola being a muslim or not. What has religion got to do with politics. In fact i think you're only insuniating what you do and believe as what others to do. I do not segregate people because of religion even though i'll not stay with you in a lonely corner lest you pull out your dagger to slaughter me, its what you hausa people have been doing over and over again. No offence to you just saying the reality

Are you saying Nzeogwu was right for killing other regional leaders and sparing Igbo leaders

or what was heroic about killing defenceless civilians in their beds with their wives
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by slimghost(m): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Tomakint why wasnt any politician or soldier of Ibo extraction even targetted or attacked at all

Colonel Unegbe was killed, shot point blank. Truth is, Nzeogwu was sold out by Power thirsty Ifeajuna.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by T9ksy(m): 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
slimghost:

Colonel Unegbe was killed, shot point blank. Truth is, Nzeogwu was sold out by Power thirsty Ifeajuna.

And why was Col. Unegbe shot point blank? Afterall, he was not on the coupists' list earmarked

for such treatment. Infact, he was the only ibo man to lose his life in that 1st coup in the country carried out by mostly ibo

majors. But hell no! It wasn't an ibo coup grin
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by slimghost(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
T9ksy:

And why was Col. Unegbe shot point blank? Afterall, he was not on the coupists' list earmarked

for such treatment. Infact, he was the only ibo man to lose his life in that 1st coup in the country carried out by mostly ibo

majors. But hell no! It wasn't an ibo coup grin

Please do your research well. Even Nzeogwu didnt see himself as Igbo then and they even had a yoruba major amongst the "five majors"? And yet its an Igbo coup? please be honest
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tomakint: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
slimghost:

You dey mind that 'classical bigot' undecided He is still suffering from the hang over of what 'Captain Nwobosi did to his Big Uncle, Chief S.L Akintola' cheesy cheesy
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by T9ksy(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
slimghost:

Please do your research well. Even Nzeogwu didnt see himself as Igbo then and they even had a yoruba major amongst the "five majors"? And yet its an Igbo coup? please be honest

Of course! Nzeogwu didn't identify himself with the ibos 'cause he was a very rare patriotic nigerian

however, its on record that he died whilst fighting with the ibos against the nigerian govt.

You do your research and tell us who did this "yoruba major" ACTUALLY killed during the first coup?
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by cdoffx(m): 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Are you saying Nzeogwu was right for killing other regional leaders and sparing Igbo leaders

or what was heroic about killing defenceless civilians in their beds with their wives
i never said so, neither did i read that Akintola and Ahmadu were unarmed civilians when they were killed
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by T9ksy(m): 6:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
tomakint:
You dey mind that 'classical bigot' undecided He is still suffering from the hang over of what 'Captain Nwobosi did to his Big Uncle, Chief S.L Akintola' cheesy cheesy

Have you looked in the mirror, lately? Somehow i don't think so.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
cdoffx:
i never said so, neither did i read that Akintola and Ahmadu were unarmed civilians when they were killed

So what are you saying? Nzeogwu and his Igbo friends killed other regional leaders and spared theirs.

Whats the excuse?
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
nwabobo:

On whose hands are the blood of thousands killed in Northern Nigeria in 1945 and 1953?

The British who were the ruling govt, certainly have a lot to answer for.

I'm sure you blame GEJ partly at least, for the current Boko Haram crisis.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by tomakint: 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
T9ksy:

Have you looked in the mirror, lately? Somehow i don't think so.
Definitely I have and I still remain "ME"(haters of bigots) ! And what about you? undecided
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by ACM10: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ Tomakint why wasnt any politician or soldier of Ibo extraction even targetted or attacked at all
Ironsi was targetted, but his bodyguards shot and killed 2 coupists.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by ACM10: 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
dayokanu:

So what are you saying? Nzeogwu and his Igbo friends killed other regional leaders and spared theirs.

Whats the excuse?
Michael Okpara simply escaped the coup. Why is it so difficult for you to understand?
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by T9ksy(m): 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
ACM10:
Ironsi was targetted, but his bodyguards shot and killed 2 coupists

And who were these 2 coupists ostensibly killed by Ironsi's b/guards?

Names please, not "my maternal g/mother told me that ironsi's maid's 2 cousin told her........." BS o!

We want Fact not beer parlour gist.

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Duru1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
T9ksy:

Of course! Nzeogwu didn't identify himself with the ibos 'cause he was a very rare patriotic nigerian

however, its on record that he died whilst fighting with the ibos against the nigerian govt.

You do your research and tell us who did this "yoruba major" ACTUALLY killed during the first coup?

It is funny to read from confused and delusional bigots. In their melancholic ways, Yoruba peeps will manufacture an Igbo person who does not indentify with Igbo hence he\she is a patriotic Nigerian. What a laughable joke.

Must every soldier involved in precipitating a coup have an opportunity to pull the trigger? Nigerians are chronically funny.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Duru1(m): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

There is no doubt your question is misguided and had no intentions to seek the truth. I guess your question should center on the number of Igbo officers of Nigerian army who had command positions capable of truncating the coup and deeply involved in the tribal politics of the era in discussion.

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Wadeoye(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
dayokanu: Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and Nwobosi are the beginning of Nigerias problems

Those Ibos soldiers are the people who brought us to our knees as a country

cdoffx,

Can you tell me any reason why Nzeogwu and co killed other regional leaders but spared all Ibo politicians?

Under the guise of cleaning corruption, they killed

North - balewa and bello

SW- Akintola

SS- Okotie-Eboh

But these Ibo soldiers found all SE politicians free from corruption

or why wasnt Azikwe or Michael okpara killed?

Give Igbos the opportunity again, they will do the same. We can see this from their responses to discussions on this forum and elsewhere.

The only way out of this is to ensure they remain followers until the country breaks. They must never be allowed to be president or vice president in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by T9ksy(m): 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
Oh well, the joke is on you as i have only regurgitated the warp logic your fellow brothers have been

offering as their rationale for refusing to admit that the jan. 1966 was an ibo coup, i.e as in,Nzeogwu did not see himself as

an ibo man but as a nigerian plus that he spoke fluent hausa and always dress accordingly, too.

1 Like

Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by Duru1(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
^^^The above junk is simply laughable.
Re: Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) by T9ksy(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Duru1: ^^^The above junk is simply laughable.

That's an undisputable FACT but the joke is still on you and your ilk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo / SSS Invades CBN, Takes Over Emefiele’s office - Daily Nigerian / Olisa Metuh Having Dinner With His Family At Home After His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.