Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

How To Love An Igbo Man - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Love An Igbo Man (48684 Views)

Is Love An Emotional Feeling Or A Logical Decision? / I want to love an hausa Girl / Do We Love An Individual Or Their Qualities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by seedord247(m): 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
opribo:

Well you dont need to do much as long as he loves you. Being over there with you i am sure the true Iboism must have been diluted but there are some things that will never fade away from the Ibo husband.
You must treat him like a king, when he talks you must listen no matter how valuable your opinion miggt be. Throw away all those American abusive language just calm down and talk to him dont ever raise your voice to avoid a[b] dastardly slap across your pretty face. We dont want to be challenged.[/b]

Then you must learn how to make good food, the type he likes. You must love his children very very well. You must dress well always and take care of the home. You must be very prayerful and always pray for him everyday and sing for him.
You must love his family even if you dont like them you must not show it.

You must be a decent and virtuous woman the type that  brings joy to the family. No boyfriends and no too much friends.

smh @ the bolded part.

Poster if you are not married to him traditionally and he eventually die on the long Run . . You will get married to him in his Corpse.Igbo pple are wicked. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by dabrake(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
finally, i now konw what this sexkillz look like. btw, you look not like an albino to me or are nairalanders alexic?
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by success4(m): 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
sexkillz:

Your dumbness is in Miles per seconds. . . Ode! I wonder if your brain has ever been used, cos i dont know how else you'll explain this dumb comment!

thanks for hating the truth! Sycophant shocked
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Yorisb: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
agiboma:

Your post reminded me of myself a few years ago so inlove with an Igbo man and wanting to do all i can to please him. I am Canadian living in Nigeria with an Igbo husband. Well my dear here is the deal all the things you are doing sounds great, and hopefully your husband will see you as an excellent wife. If you move to Nigeria with him in the  future hopefully he will stay the same and not "renationalize" and what i mean is become a Nigerian. The man i had in Canada and the man i got here in Nigeria are 2 completly different people. In Canada he is sweet man of my dreams and in Nigeria well all i can do is manage. Dont deceive yourself its possible your husband is sweet and will remain that way to you, but just prepare yourself for anything once you arrive here.  @ the end of the day i hope you got one of the good ones and if so he is definetly worth hanging on too.

And you're meant to be a Canadian - @emboldened?
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
success4:

thanks for hating the truth! Sycophant shocked
You are highly welcome. . . Mor[i]o[/i]n! cheesy
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by millco88(f): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
sexkillz:

I bet you pronounce your morons --- more-owns
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

When she said that her husband isn't into experimenting in the bedroom or doesn't want to try new things, I immediately kissed Oga Chima!  Thank you LAWD!!!Hmm. I just thought of a new trick.  embarassed
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by MrsChima1(f): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
sexkillz:

undecided undecided undecided

Why the face? You got an issue with the quote above? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hmmm Lemme go ask my momma.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by kizito96(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2012
Be faithful make sure you give him a male child. if you you have a male child for an igbo man, he will adore you the most
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by queensmith: 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^ so igbo men are also ignorant? please explain to me EXACTLY how she is meant to give him a MALE child specifically?
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Op, We {Igbo Dudes} Don't make a play with Egwusi Soup and Weekend [b]BJ[/b]s -- Endeavor to give out them services perfect and u're in to steal his heart forever  wink wink wink
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by MrsChima1(f): 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
SMH.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
Don't toy with Headache dear undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by success4(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2012
sexkillz:

Mofo what happens? grin grin grin

seedord247:

smh @ the bolded part.

Poster if you are not married to him traditionally and he eventually die on the long Run . . You will get married to him in his Corpse.Igbo pple are wicked. grin grin

God bless you! Truth hurts grin grin grin
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
success4:

Mofo what happens? grin grin grin
You get injected with anti-dumb injections! cheesy
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by kambili190: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2012
"^^ so igbo men are also ignorant? please explain to me EXACTLY how she is meant to give him a MALE child specifically?"

--> grin grin grin I am curious about the answer grin grin grin

apart from this, give him a male child and he'll adore you so so much that it'll NOT necessarily stop him from getting another wife grin
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by jamesife(m): 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
My suspicion is that you are finding fact or making effort to find fact about an Igbo man and his love life.My candid opinion is that u take ur time to know this man very well which includes being in contact with his family there in Nigeria.Don't let your emotions be cloud your sense of making the necessary finding about whom you love. Igbo men (Nigerians) are hard working and loving people. Nigeria is safe except for the northern state. Guess I have made some contributions?
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by StarFlux: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
threads like this dey pop up like no other. judging by threads like this it would seem like igbos are an entire different species. this the type of things you work out between yourself. as you get to know am you will figure out.

no be small thing, but take it one step at a time. na you biko! you seem like a smart lady. dnt worry.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by dtanigwe(f): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
BigBenoski:

@poster: where in particular is ur man from(ie state,local govt.)? U shouldnt get disturbd about security and some other trivialities. If u r sure this dude loves u,den just respect him,feed him well and GO TO SLEEP. He'l catch bullets 2 make u happy. D pride of an average igbo man is his wife, he'l wear rags 2 make sure u wear dem best designers. My only fear is, he migt just b pretending 2 love u and wen he gets ol he came 2 d states 4, off he goes. Anyway,i cud help u run a background check on him so u r sure u aint dealing wt a married man, 4 free ofcourse. Another important question, have u been speaking wt his mum over d phone??

Forgive me if I'm not very forthcoming on a lot of personal info, pls, don go scare me now. dats my worst fear, too. I've never spoken with any of his family members. I met a cousin of his who lives here in the states and spoke to his wife. dats all.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by MrsChima1(f): 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
dtanigwe:

Forgive me if I'm not very forthcoming on a lot of personal info, pls, don go scare me now. dats my worst fear, too. I've never spoken with any of his family members. I met a cousin of his who lives here in the states and spoke to his wife. dats all.

Wow.  It is important that you speak with his immediate family members.  I know international calling can be expensive but make an effort to speak with his parents and siblings at least before going to Nigeria (when you go). 

It has been a year and the only family members you have spoken to is his cousin/wife.  Wow.  It was important for my husband and I to know both families before we moved to the next level in our relationship. 

When you spend time with his family, you will pick up on a lot of things therefore it wouldn't be much of a surprise later on in life.  Now if he is preventing you from contacting his family then something is not right. 

You are part of their family whether they like it or not but you have every rights to know his family because if you guys are planning on having children it is important.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by dtanigwe(f): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Wow.  It is important that you speak with his immediate family members.  I know international calling can be expensive but make an effort to speak with his parents and siblings at least before going to Nigeria (when you go). 

It has been a year and the only family members you have spoken to is his cousin/wife.  Wow.  It was important for my husband and I to know both families before we moved to the next level in our relationship. 

When you spend time with his family, you will pick up on a lot of things therefore it wouldn't be much of a surprise later on in life.  Now if he is preventing you from contacting his family then something is not right. 

You are part of their family whether they like it or not but you have every rights to know his family because if you guys are planning on having children it is important. 

I questioned him once about why he's never let his family talked to me and he told me I'll meet his family when we go to Nigeria. He talks to ppl in 9ja all the time. Honestly I'm not even sure anybody in 9ja knows I exist. Before we married he just quit a bad relationship, he say the woman was witch, and he always worries what ppl think. He told me he didn't want ppl thinking he left dis woman and baby to come run around with american women and play in America
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by MrsChima1(f): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
[size=44pt]Fainted.[/size] Be right back.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by IKdImpeccable(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2012
i have taken time to read all the post in this thread. my humble suggestion are as follows:

1. Igbo men re not bad people- u need to have that in mind

2. Igbo men re business people- u need to know that in ur relationship with him (this is beyond face value-i hope u undstand what i mean here)

3 every man like to be loved, cared for and respected

4 igbo men like money making partners-wife that is working class and also perform household chores very well

5 igbo men re not particular about coming home to stay permanently

Anyway, my cousin lives in New jersey and he married an AA her name is Camry. they ve been married for more than 10 years now, they still in the states, though they ve built a house in Naija.

Finally, just undstand that every marriage has its own perculiar challenges, no too persons re the same, and people dont response to events the same way.

if ur husband doesnt go to church, please try to get him around ur pastor, when once u have around God, u can be sure he will be there for u.

Alwayz pray for him, and please dont deal with him with an eye of suspicion- that is the easiest way to ruin a relationship.

i wish you the best but please try and earn some money to support him, am sure he will appreciate you the more if you do.

thank you for loving one of our own
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by StarFlux: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
dtanigwe:

I questioned him once about why he's never let his family talked to me and he told me I'll meet his family when we go to Nigeria. He talks to ppl in 9ja all the time. Honestly I'm not even sure anybody in 9ja knows I exist. Before we married he just quit a bad relationship, he say the woman was witch, and he always worries what ppl think. He told me he didn't want ppl thinking he left dis woman and baby to come run around with american women and play in America
bad sign oo. demand to have a talk with his family. if he no agree, and you settle with that answer, his plan will go bam bam. i would push the issue further if i were you. i just hope its not too late.

YOU ARE MARRIED, AND THE MAN DOES NOT WANT YOU TO SPEAK WITH HIS FAMILY? CHEY, YOU NEED TO SORT THIS OUT.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Eltonluigi(m): 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
Typical nollywood movie, watch as the story unfolds.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by cantell(m): 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
success4:

Best way to love a Igbo man is to be ready to use your 1st child for money RITUAL.
Truth is bitter
grin grin grin
What can we do to help you guys fight ur inferiority complex over Igbos?
You guys gotta hold it together. We know you guys are born cowards, but do you have to show it everytime?
@op,
Igbo men are really simple. They're monogamous in nature, they love good food(theirs preferably)neat women and they love their family.
If He truly loves you, then you won't have much problem.
If you can also get along with his family, then i assure you, your marriage is perfect.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by Tosinville(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
Still on this matter?
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by StarFlux: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
smiley)
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by jedisco(m): 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2012
dtanigwe:

I hardly reply on this forum but I just want to because i didn't like your mothers story and I feel you deserve better
I know I might sound sceptical but as am Igbo man I noticed somethings that I am worried about
1. He is Igbo and his main reason of going abroad might have been to make money
2. You said he is quite new in town and is settling down. Hope he is not using you to achieve that purpose or get his papers
3. He said he just ended a relationship with a 'witch' with which he had a child. See Igbo men value their wife and kids. If the other lady was Igbo I am almost certain he is married to her and sees her as his true and only wife.
4. His refusal to introduce you to his family means alot. This most likely may be because his other woman is in the care of his family and they will be shocked to know you exist.
5. He has political ambitions and its almost certain he will come back to achieve them and the fact is you might not help him much in achieving them due to family support and a different political environment.
6. He most likely will speak in Igbo language to his relatives meaning you will not understand their discussion which makes it tougher.
7. You should also observe how often he sends money home. This will show you how soon he wants to return as they may be for some projects or his own family

My advice for you is
1. Try as much as possible to speak with his family especially his mother and sisters as they are the main people involved in family issues
2. You did not say whether you have a child for him. But if you dont then dont get pregnant until you are fully aware of family background and his family also know you
3. Just be careful as i have my reservations toward this man
4. Also dont allow external interference in your family but listen to your parents advice as most times they speak the truth from experience that your peers dont have and you wont get on this forum. But the problem comes with sifting out their natural selfishness, bias and love from the truth they give.
Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by MrsChima1(f): 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2012
jedisco:

I hardly reply on this forum but I just want to because i didn't like your mothers story and I feel you deserve better
I know I might sound sceptical but as am Igbo man I noticed somethings that I am worried about
1. He is Igbo and his main reason of going abroad might have been to make money
2. You said he is quite new in town and is settling down. Hope he is not using you to achieve that purpose or get his papers
3. He said he just ended a relationship with a 'witch' with which he had a child. See Igbo men value their wife and kids. If the other lady was Igbo I am almost certain he is married to her and sees her as his true and only wife.
4. His refusal to introduce you to his family means alot. This most likely may be because his other woman is in the care of his family and they will be shocked to know you exist.
5. He has political ambitions and its almost certain he will come back to achieve them and the fact is you might not help him much in achieving them due to family support and a different political environment.
6. He most likely will speak in Igbo language to his relatives meaning you will not understand their discussion which makes it tougher.
7. You should also observe how often he sends money home. This will show you how soon he wants to return as they may be for some projects or his own family

My advice for you is
1. Try as much as possible to speak with his family especially his mother and sisters as they are the main people involved in family issues
2. You did not say whether you have a child for him. But if you dont then dont get pregnant until you are fully aware of family background and his family also know you
3. Just be careful as i have my reservations toward this man
4. Also dont allow external interference in your family but listen to your parents advice as most times they speak the truth from experience that your peers dont have and you wont get on this forum. But the problem comes with sifting out their natural selfishness, bias and love from the truth they give.

Wow. You are on point. kiss

OP, trust me Igbo men take GREAT pride in their wives, children, and family. It is IMPORTANT that his family approves you ESPECIALLY if he really loves you. The ENTIRE FAMILY will know you exist before you even know they exist because an Igbo man in love will shout it with pride.

We are not saying he doesn't love you but some of the things you have shared are alarming. Shine your eyes.

1 Like

Re: How To Love An Igbo Man by StarFlux: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Wow.  You are on point.   kiss

OP, trust me Igbo men take GREAT pride in their wives, children, and family.  It is IMPORTANT that his family approves you ESPECIALLY if he really loves you.  The ENTIRE FAMILY will know you exist before you even know they exist because an Igbo man in love will shout it with pride. 

We are not saying he doesn't love you but some of the things you have shared are alarming.  Shine your eyes. 
@OP Jokes aside, I have a genuin concern about his "reasons" to not let you in contact with his family. It's a serious matter, and you need to discuss it with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Do You See In This Picture / MY EXPERIENCE With Women After I Travelled / Different Types Of Ladies On The First Date. - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.