Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? (8262 Views)

Poll: What Should She Do?

Abort: 50% (14 votes)
Don't Abort: 50% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea / My Stepfather Is Sleeping Wit Our Housemaid; Shud I Take ‘Bribe’ Or Tell My Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
hornipipe:

@op i wish u a safe delivery, i hope u give birth to a bouncing hermaphrodite, nonsense!!

LOck your Brain. grin grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
claremont:

So you mean it is perfectly okay for spontaneous abortions to occur, but it is a sin for someone to deliberately induce abortions?! In other words, according to your own way of thinking, it is perfectly okay for a foetus to die on its own, than for it to be extinguished in favour of its mother.
If it is a matter of life and death, where the survival of a foetus will result in the loss of your life, then you can proceed and extinguish it, save yourself! But deliberately killing a foetus to serve your own selfish interest and to pay for your own stupidity, is nothing short of wicked! Especially when you are very healthy and at no risk if you allow the foetus live!

claremont:
I believe everyone can now see the reason why I say religion does make supposedly good people say/do bad things. I rest my case. grin
Atheism makes people feel like Demi Gods, and believe they can take selfish decisions to suit their selfish needs! No morals, No conscience. . . WTH!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
claremont:

So you mean it is perfectly okay for spontaneous abortions to occur, but it is a sin for someone to deliberately induce abortions?! In other words, according to your own way of thinking, it is perfectly okay for a foetus to die on its own, than for it to be extinguished in favour of its mother.

I believe everyone can now see the reason why I say religion does make supposedly good people say/do bad things. I rest my case.
grin

Jisox  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Na you go first be atheist?! Spontaneous abortion aka miscarriage is not the same as deliberate abortion. They usually occur due to an anomaly in the gestation process.

@OP jare, please tell onion to tell tomato that their grinding has turned to stew as someone said. He deserves and has a right to know, it's his 'stew' too ya know.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
seedord247:

LOck your Brain. grin grin grin
after u
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2012
naijababe:

Jisox  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Na you go first be atheist?! Spontaneous abortion aka miscarriage is not the same as deliberate abortion. They usually occur due to an anomaly in the gestation process.
We are talking about the rationale behind a baseless and unfounded statement like "abortion is a sin". If some people can say that abortion is a sin, then it is safe to conclude that ALL abortions are sinful, irrespective of whether they are spontaneous or induced. We can't pick and choose the one that we deem to be sinful at the expense of the other. Who  do we hold responsible for spontaneous abortions then?!

~Killz~:

If it is a matter of life and death, where the survival of a foetus will result in the loss of your life, then you can proceed and extinguish it, save yourself! But deliberately killing a foetus to serve your own selfish interest and to pay for your own stupidity, is nothing short of wicked! Especially when you are very healthy and at no risk if you allow the foetus live!
Atheism makes people feel like Demi Gods, and believe they can take selfish decisions to suit their selfish needs! No morals, No conscience. . . WTH!
Someone whose source of morals is vicarious redemption via human sacrifice, and burning bushes should keep sealed lips when the subject of morality is been discussed IMHO.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 12:04am On Jan 29, 2012
hornipipe:

after u

maybe when you remove your own from archived. grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 29, 2012
claremont:

We are talking about the rationale behind a baseless and unfounded statement like "abortion is a sin". If some people can say that abortion is a sin, then it is safe to conclude that ALL abortions are sinful, irrespective of whether they are spontaneous or induced. We can't pick and choose the one that we deem to be sinful at the expense of the other. Who  do we hold responsible for spontaneous abortions then?!

So rational thinking is to compare a miscarriage with an abortion just because the foetus is eliminated and the mother lives? Talk about a parochial and pedantic thought process!!!

One does not need to be religiously inclined to be pro-life and that is the huge fact that is lost on you.  Thank God not all atheists think like this.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 12:08am On Jan 29, 2012
claremont:

Someone whose source of morals is vicarious redemption via human sacrifice, and burning bushes should keep sealed lips when the subject of morality is been discussed IMHO.

Broo why now, All these is too much for one person . . someone pls dail 911 tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 29, 2012
seedord247:

maybe when you remove your own from archived. grin
maybe whn u must have unbarred urz
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

My question still stands, and WTH is Positive confessions? Are people on Nairaland that dumb that she cant get a positive reply from them?

Whether they are atheists or not is out of the question! They have come to Nairaland where there are non atheists for help! Why the fcck will atheists come to non atheists for help, and then ask non atheists to reply like atheists? That's some serious inconsequential bullshit! If you do not want religious answers, stay the fcck outta a forum predominantly dominated by religious folks, and go look for some gawddam atheist forum and seek help!

My answer still stands and positive confessions is positive confessions.  undecided
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2012
hornipipe:

maybe whn u must have unbarred urz

You know your brain was sent to you as a "GIFT CARD". It will soon expire. grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 29, 2012
@poster,   Nobody can have s$x for 2 weeks and not know that pregnancy is very possible .It cannot be called a safe time for that long! On some level they both knew that it was possible to concieve,sadly. Your friend must live with herself at the end of the day so only she can decide what to do. The answer is there for her to find,I think, if she listens to that voice inside. After she decides, wouldnt it be right to inform the man, so at least he can learn something from this too? What a terrible mistake to throw caution to the wind! Im sorry for your friends dilema now and Im sure she has learned a very tough lesson.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 12:15am On Jan 29, 2012
naijababe:

So rational thinking is to compare a miscarriage with an abortion just because the foetus is eliminated and the mother lives? Talk about a parochial and pedantic thought process!!!

One does not need to be  religiously inclined to be pro-life and that is the huge fact that is lost on you.  Thank God not all atheists think like this.
It has nothing to do with Atheism, it has everything to do with common sense. The fact of the matter is that in both cases a foetus has been eliminated. The main issue is that in one case, some people say it is a sin for the foetus to be eliminated; whilst in the other case, it is perfectly normal for the foetus to be eliminated. The question which everyone seems to be dodging is who do we hold responsible for the "sin" that occurs in spontaneous abortions?! Surely, if abortion is a sin, then someone must be held responsible when spontaneous abortions occur on its own.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 12:18am On Jan 29, 2012
talina:

@poster,   Nobody can have s$x for 2 weeks and not know that pregnancy is very possible .It cannot be called a safe time for that long! On some level they both knew that it was possible to concieve,sadly. Your friend must live with herself at the end of the day so only she can decide what to do. The answer is there for her to find,I think, if she listens to that voice inside. After she decides, wouldnt it be right to inform the man, so at least he can learn something from this too? What a terrible mistake to throw caution to the wind! Im sorry for your friends dilema now and Im sure she has learned a very tough lesson.

I was wondering that as well because I was like how can she assumed she is safe from pregnancy for two weeks and maybe she miscalculated her cycle.  Sometimes women spots before the actual period even if it is two weeks later.  It is unknown why women spots before actual menses and some women who doesn't know her cycle precisely can misconstrued spotting with actual menstruation.  

Depending on a woman's cycle, she can be "Safe" 7 to 14 days before she needs to wear a condom, but it is not common.  

Although it is both of their responsibilities, she is ultimately the one that will suffer the most.  She should be cognizant in protecting herself especially if this is a one meet, one fluck session.

I know it is too late for her to "protect" herself from pregnancy, but this message really for other women who may be meeting guys online and considering having unprotected sex with guys they don't know personally.  It happens all the time and Tomato isn't the first one and won't be the last one.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 29, 2012
seedord247:

You know your brain was sent to you as a "GIFT CARD". It will soon expire. grin grin
urs was packaged wit a time bomb it will soon explode
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I was wondering that as well because I was like how can she assumed she is safe from pregnancy for two weeks and maybe she miscalculated her cycle.  Sometimes women spots before the actual period even if it is two weeks later.  It is unknown why women spots before actual menses and some women who doesn't know her cycle precisely can misconstrued spotting with actual menstruation.  

Depending on a woman's cycle, she can be "Safe" 7 to 14 days before she needs to wear a condom, but it is not common.  

Although it is both responsibilities, she is ultimately the one that will suffer the most.  She should be cognizant in protecting herself especially if this is a one meet, one fluck session.

A 2 week "safe" time just leaves all kinds of room for error( as she now knows). And cycles arent like clockwork,especially when upsetting you daily life like travelling.It can throw off your bodies rythms.
If they were married or committed I would have suggested deciding together, but they arent and so is a single pregnant woman.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 29, 2012
claremont:

It has nothing to do with Atheism, it has everything to do with common sense. The fact of the matter is that in both cases a foetus has been eliminated. The main issue is that in one case, some people say it is a sin for the foetus to be eliminated; whilst in the other case, it is perfectly normal for the foetus to be eliminated. The question which everyone seems to be dodging is who do we hold responsible for the "sin" that occurs in spontaneous abortions?! Surely, if abortion is a sin, then someone must be held responsible when spontaneous abortions occur on its own.

For the last time quit running around in circles.  A woman who suffers a miscarriage will be sad and probably have feeling close to regret because she'll think it was due to something did wrong. Even the most rational woman will experience a huge sense of loss at having lost an unborn child, that feeling is not dissimilar to someone who deliberately kills a life and the guilt aka feeling of having committed a sin that ensues.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 12:32am On Jan 29, 2012
hornipipe:

urs was packaged wit a time bomb it will soon explode

broo won't you donate your life to PARASITE bcus i can see that you share so many similarities with them. grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 12:39am On Jan 29, 2012
naijababe:

For the last time quit running around in circles.  A woman who suffers a miscarriage will be sad and probably have feeling close to regret because she'll think it was due to something did wrong. Even the most rational woman will experience a huge sense of loss at having lost an unborn child, that feeling is not dissimilar to someone who deliberately kills a life and the guilt aka feeling of having committed a sin that ensues.
In other words, according to you, no one is to be held responsible when abortion occurs on its own; but if it is induced, it becomes a sin.

You see this is the very thing I find confusing about this whole issue. On the one hand, I'm told that abortion is a sin against god and man; on the other hand, I'm told that there are some types of abortion which is not a sin. What makes these propositions very dodgy is that the people who tout them can't even properly explain them so a lay man can understand. Therefore, it is safe for us to conclude that they tout religious principles that they themselves do not understand either.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 29, 2012
claremont:

In other words, according to you, no one is to be held responsible when abortion occurs on its own; but if it is induced, it becomes a sin.

You see this is the very thing I find confusing about this whole issue. On the one hand, I'm told that abortion is a sin against god and man; on the other hand, I'm told that there are some types of abortion which is not a sin. What makes these propositions very dodgy is that the people who tout them can't even properly explain them so a lay man can understand. Therefore, it is safe for us to conclude that they tout religious principles that they themselves do not understand either.

If you can't see the hole in that logic then I can't help you
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by HighChief4(m): 1:01am On Jan 29, 2012
I don't support abortion for anything. Its either you are matured enough to do the right thing at the right time or you get ready to accept whatever happens. It doesn't cost anything to be responsible in whatever you do in life. No one is saying its bad to have sex or fun as we have blood flowing in our blood but use a condom. Condom or its not happening, I don't believe you can't derive pleasure with a condom except my knowledge is misleading me. Tomato should tell Onions and they work it out as matured people. If they are unmarried then Tomato should play her cards properly because she is lucky he is not taken already. I am very positive they would work it out. Bests wishes to tomato and onions. By the way, I voted for Don't abort.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nekai(f): 1:08am On Jan 29, 2012
Single parenting isn't easy. Climbing on a table to have a machine suction out her womb isn't easy. Dealing with potentially scarred insides isn't easy. Killing her child won't be easy. Watching the guy's reaction will not be easy. Finding out he is married or in a long-term relationship (since she doesn't really know him) won't be easy. Having the guy be with her out of guilt and obligation isn't easy. No easy way out here. :/
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 29, 2012
claremont:

I think the point is, when abortion occurs on its own, it happened for a reason because something is wrong. When abortion is induced, we make the choice whether is lives or dies,and that is the issue that causes all the debates and problems. I understand the contradictions youre talking about though.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by johnson0: 1:13am On Jan 29, 2012
wow this is tough! whatever decision should be made well because abortion is bad, being a single mother is worse, being denied by the father is the worst thing that can happen to her, forcing the father to accept the child is the most worst thing ever. so all her decision making is terrible. the best solution is a dialogue with the onions man himself. together they would decide what to do with soup. this is tough wow!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 1:18am On Jan 29, 2012
talina:

I think the point is, when abortion occurs on its own, it happened for a reason because something is wrong. When abortion is induced, we make the choice whether is lives or dies,and that is the issue that causes all the debates and problems. I understand the contradictions youre talking about though.
So when the abortion does occur on its own, who is responsible for killing those babies?! Who is the sinner?! If this simple question cannot be answered by anyone on this thread, then there is no basis for anyone to suggest that abortion is a sin against god or man.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 29, 2012
The nature of the balance of things, had the abortion occur. Something wasnt right and it wouldnt balance out to work. It is not a "who". I dont buy into all this sin against man or god stuff,but I think its the idea that we, as humans, are making a choice whether this other concieved human should live or not. Raises so many emotional and moral issues
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by EpicWin: 2:16am On Jan 29, 2012
The dude has a right to know. Maybe he can help out someway or another. Other than that, I don't think there is a magic pill to sort all this out except she is will to raise a child at this stage of her life. Its what women have to live with in this generation. She knows her situation so she knows her solution, simple as dat.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by dealordea(m): 2:56am On Jan 29, 2012
@claramount! I think u must be an activist wey you wan use grammar kill us as if na go first read edet live in calabar!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Mynd44: 3:10am On Jan 29, 2012
She has 2 options
1. She can follow Sexkills and tell the guy she is pregnant (atleast he would remember that he doubly did it without protection) in which case, the guy would think she is trying to tie him down and she had planned this from the beginning or he will be happy about it(I doubt this)
2. She can follow MJB's advice and have the abortion and tell the guy later in which case, the guy might hate her but might come back to accept her or he could understand her fears and decide to stay with her.
Personally if It were me, I would pick option 1 because if that fails, I can always do option 2.
NEXT!!!!!!!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by donguutti: 3:13am On Jan 29, 2012
Onions and tomato join together for Pot(UK), come make stew , now tomato friend dey ask us, should we tell onions say stew done ready
or should we pour the stew away?
She has to decide if the she wants the baby, its a personal choice, telling the onions father may or may not lead to acceptance of responsiblity,
if she can handle the rejection that might follow, nd brace up to be a single mum, then she should keep it if not then  the baby could be aborted
or giving up for adoption.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by mamalola19: 3:22am On Jan 29, 2012
donguutti:

Onions and tomato join together for Pot(UK), come make stew , now tomato friend dey ask us, should we tell onions say stew done ready
or should we pour the stew away?

She has to decide if the she wants the baby, its a personal choice, telling the onions father may or may not lead to acceptance of responsiblity,
if she can handle the rejection that might follow, nd brace up to be a single mum, then she should keep it if not then  the baby could be aborted
or giving up for adoption.

falls in inside pot of stew grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Mynd44: 3:41am On Jan 29, 2012
*helping MamaLola out of the pot*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Get Men With Cars To Be Interested In Me / All Odds Are Against Me On NAIRALAND. See 8 of Them... [Picture] / "I Still Look Bomb With My Saggy Boobs"- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Replies Trolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.