Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? (8256 Views)

Poll: What Should She Do?

Abort: 50% (14 votes)
Don't Abort: 50% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea / My Stepfather Is Sleeping Wit Our Housemaid; Shud I Take ‘Bribe’ Or Tell My Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by carfreak: 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
As it is right now, the foetus is legally not yet a baby so what happens?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Mynd44: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
Okay
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
carfreak:

As it is right now, the foetus is legally not yet a baby so what happens?
When do you start counting "9 months?" When does life begin, at conception or at Birth? Life begins at conception!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nekai(f): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
Killz, you make some very valid points. I wish all guys thought like you in terms of sex and procreation. I'm glad you don't fall into the category of guys that put the blame on the woman for somehow miraculously impregnating herself to try and trap a man.

Carfreak you are a good man and I'm happy that you have been blessed for having such a great attitude. The poster's friend needs to hear what you have said here today.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Mynd_44
my option was NOT to tell the guy AFTER, but BEFORE she gets the abortion. he should go to the clinic with her (if he is around and caring). they have NO CHANCE at making it right by having this baby, NONE!!!!!

@Claremont
GO ON BRO, WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU!!!! even if some of us decide not to join in the same old "abortion debate".

@all the people who are quick to talk about God against abortion
you religious fanatics and your SELECTIVE HYPOCRISY again, quick to mention the bible teachings against abortion, while dismissing everything else that the good book teaches us.

here are a few things you religious fanatics NEVER lift a eyebrow about, while the BIBLE IS VERY CLEAR ABOUT IT:
- CHILDREN FROM UNWED MOTHERS (BASTARDS) SHALL NOT ENTER THE CONGREGATION OF THE LORD (Deuteronomy 23:2)
- WOMEN SHALL NOT WEAR MAKE UP, JEWELRY OR UNNATURAL HAIRSTYLES (1 Timothy 2:9)
- WOMEN SHALL NOT WEAR MEN'S CLOTHING (Deuteronomy 22:5)
- WOMEN SHALL NOT SPEAK IN CHURCH (1 Corinthians 14:34,35)
- WOMEN MUST BE SUBMISSIVE TO THEIR HUSBAND (Ephesians 5:22)
- WOMEN HAVE NO AUTHORITY OVER A MAN (1 Timothy 2:12)
- MARRIED ADULTERERS SHOULD BE STONED TO DEATH (Deuteronomy 22:22)
- CUT OFF ANY BODY PART THAT MADE YOU SIN (Mark 9:43)
- STONING OF YOUR WIFE IF YOU DISCOVER SHE IS NOT VIRGIN (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)
- RA.PE OF SINGLE WOMEN IS OK SO LONG AS YOU MARRY THE GIRL AND PAY HER FATHER AFTERWARDS (Deuteronomy 22:28,29)

so people should take the bible for ALL its worth or nothing, but selecting what to follow and disregarding what you dont particularly like is not only wrong but ABSURD!!!!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2012
MBJ am no fanatic but you have taken this to a whole new level.
The best way to understand scriptures is never ever to take one line or verse and proceed to make as sermon out of it.
If you dont understand the full context behind it then don't even apply it cz that's how cults evolve. They make a gospel out of a verse!!
Please we are no longer under the law but Grace so the era of eye for an eye tooth for tooth is gone.
Then some of these scriptures were directed at a specific group or audience at that particular time and location. Was God selective? I would say yes He was under the law.It was horrible living under the ten commandments with sacrifices as a way to make peace.
This is the reason JC came to set people free from that bondage. Some rules or laws followed in the old testament were rubbished by JC himself in the new testament.
If you do not understand it from Genesis to revelation or the transformation from old to new please don't even quote and judge.

And why do people even argue with aethists?? Let people believe what they chose to believe in after all everything has its origin and end.

@ op. let her do what she believes is right. Her conscience should direct her.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^so YOU have decided that some verses/teachings of the bible should be followed while others shouldnt?! if thats the case then why dont you let others choose what THEY want to follow, instead of bringing RELIGION into this matter? you make no sense!
if what was written then, is outdated and invalid today then why shouldnt abortion/adultery/homosexuality etc outdated too?! lol!!! SELECTIVE HYPOCRITES.

again, you either take EVERYTHING the good book is about or NOTHING, but dont be a selective hypocrite, just to feel good about yourself and your actions!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
forgive my sentiments but to all of you saying nothing wrong with abortion u are all wicked and foolish, if everyone thot like you would you be alive today, yes i know its hard but she'll survive and can always give the baby up. Abortion is murder of life, a human has right to live you don't forcefully take away because you're irresponsible. f.ucking sick country angry
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
i am no fanatic and hardly religious while i can sin gravely the one sin i have never supported from the onset is abortion. nothing because God says its wrong, its just plain murder yeah we are hypocrites but we ain't murderers at the end of the day.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2012
The woman isn't married so she isn't bound to the verses regarding to wives. She is a single mother that needs to make a decision BEST FOR HER.

Simple.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

^^so YOU have decided that some verses/teachings of the bible should be followed while others shouldnt?! if thats the case then why dont you let others choose what THEY want to follow, instead of bringing RELIGION into this matter? you make no sense!
if what was written then, is outdated and invalid today then why shouldnt abortion/adultery/homosexuality etc outdated too?! lol!!! SELECTIVE HYPOCRITES.

again, you either take EVERYTHING the good book is about or NOTHING, but dont be a selective hypocrite, just to feel good about yourself and your actions!

Yes not all old teachings must be followed cz the same old book dictates so! We are no longer under the law but under the Grace. That's what! so trying to pour new wine into old wine skin is forbidden. That's the book.
You know I only reacted to ur 'religious views' meaning its you who brought religion into this.You shouldnt have done that considering this is no religious section.
You cannot apply religion on everybody unless the person is religious and am glad am not religious but christian.
You are missing my whole point.
The old commanded people to stone.The new commands us to forgive.  The sin remains sin but the method of dealing with it is different.That's the difference between Grace and Law. The Grace came to substitute not eliminate.
Lol are we supposed to cut off our body parts that make us sin because the law said?  undecided You know what? lemmie not derail it further.I just don't like it when people twist scriptures to suit themselves.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

The woman isn't married so she isn't bound to the verses regarding to wives. She is a single mother that needs to make a decision BEST FOR HER.

Simple.

Yup
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
LMAO @ quoting scriptures to support abortion. . .Smh!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
hahahah. it beats me.

Mrs, Chima:

Simple.
shes may not even be religious! Its common sense and the consequences we should be talking about here.
As a christian I will tell her not to abort cz its sin.But imagine trying to talk an aethist or non religious fellow out of abortion.You cant quote scriptures! you apply knowledge.She must decide what is best fr her and be ready to carry the cross.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
@killz i tire o, "the abortion" to some people is just a removal of a thing/obstacle/   no one calls it what it really is. scary world we live in. anyway she's got the right to take the baby's life after she would be one creating the baby in the first place.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2012
pc guru:

i am no fanatic and hardly religious while i can sin gravely the one sin i have never supported from the onset is abortion. nothing because God says its wrong, its just plain murder yeah we are hypocrites but we ain't murderers at the end of the day.

bro, there is nothing wrong with having an opinion about abortion (like you do), but it's when people are quick to quote religion (or the bible) to FORCE people against abortion, that i believe that there is something seriously wrong!

pendo89:

You know I only reacted to ur 'religious views' meaning its you who brought religion into this.You shouldnt have done that considering this is no religious section.

i suggest you read back the replies of many that were quick to quote verses/the bible to talk AGAINST abortion.

You cannot apply religion on everybody unless the person is religious and am glad am not religious but christian.
You are missing my whole point.

then you best read your bible and accept it for all its worth. . . . . . . or nothing!

The old commanded people to stone.The new commands us to forgive.  The sin remains sin but the method of dealing with it is different.That's the difference between Grace and Law. The Grace came to substitute not eliminate.
Lol are we supposed to cut off our body parts that make us sin because the law said?  undecided You know what? lemmie not derail it further.I just don't like it when people twist scriptures to suit themselves.

so when/who decides what is to be followed or not? the bible clearly states that ANY CHILD BORN FROM AN UNWED MOTHER SHALL NOT ENTER THE CONGREGATION OF THE LORD. have you suddenly decided that this shall be ignored too? why use the bible to correct an act that is CLEARLY VIEWED AS A SIN by that same bible?!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
If anyone wants to dabble religion, pls open a thread on the religion section and post link. . . I'll be glad! wink

Religion aside, how will someone kill an unborn child, a child growing inside of you, it's not a risk to your life, a child that did not ask to be conceived, now it's conceived and has a right to life, and you feel comfortable snuffing it's life out? And you say to me that it is because of religion, that is why i am against abortion? Do you feel comfortable committing murder?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
@brownJay i get your point some humans are hypocrite and will use the bible to express an opinion but i can bet you that these people are far worse than the so called "sinners".
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2012
Without making reference to Religion or the Bible, can someone please state the advantages of Abortion? Thanks in advance!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

so when/who decides what is to be followed or not? the bible clearly states that ANY CHILD BORN FROM AN UNWED MOTHER SHALL NOT ENTER THE CONGREGATION OF THE LORD. have you suddenly decided that this shall be ignored too? why use the bible to correct an act that is CLEARLY VIEWED AS A SIN by that same bible?!

Gosh MBJ if JC himself came from the lineage of Rahab a LovePeddler and mingled with the likes of the samaritan woman and ate at corrupt people's homes, people like zaccheus then I have no right to condemn anybody.It just humbles me.
Let the little children come to me is what JC commanded.He didnt specify from where.Thats what we call new wine. The old wine said what you just quoted.
See the difference? They are still bastards but loved and accepted bastards.You know what MBJ? He dint come for the righteous the perfect people but for the rejected.If he dint do that then his death was in vain

Please please you are tempting me into going religious yet this is not the section.skip.

~Killz~:

Without making reference to Religion or the Bible, can someone please state the advantages of Abortion? Thanks in advance!

Wait for MBJ and the gang.  undecided
I hate to even imagine it cz  I always imagine what that baby could have turned out to be in future. Most mothers apart from the physical risks associated with it remain haunted forever. You just cant destroy a life and expect happiness throughout.I dont know but I have heard some mothers say they get nightmares of babies screaming etc .
Whatever,I would never ever encourage abortion.Give it away!!If you choose to do it it wasn't my advise.At least I tried to warn you.
Wow and the way some barren women are miserable.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2012
pendo89:

hahahah. it beats me.
shes may not even be religious! Its common sense and the consequences we should be talking about here.
As a christian I will tell her not to abort cz its sin.But imagine trying to talk an aethist or non religious fellow out of abortion.You cant quote scriptures! you apply knowledge.She must decide what is best fr her and be ready to carry the cross.

That's why I said a few pages ago that if she is religious or spiritual then she can confer with God to help her make a decision and MANY PEOPLE took that out of context as if I was referring to the BIBLE.

I was only giving her different angles that she could seek help that she feels better suits her. If she isn't religious nor spiritual then it doesn't make sense to thump her with the Word. It is like trying to teach a blind man how to drive.

I am more concern about her state of mind and what she is going through and not who she worship. So you are right we should be suggesting solutions or ideas that she can use.

Some people quoted scriptures about wives that doesn't pertain to Tomato and she doesn't have to confer with the guy in question if she chooses to. If she was married then that is a different issue.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^
Pendo, MBJ is just trying to derail the argument! Leave religion out of this issue. Simple!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs C, the only solutions available: Abort or Dont abort!

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
@killz there is no proper advantage of abortion most people can't bear the responsibilities of their actions so they go for a quicker route to eliminate it, the reason i have a greater hate for abortion even more is cuz in school pple know i don't support abortion a friend borrowed money from me with the notion of paying back i never asked when he returned it i asked what the money was for ? to cut the story short , in some way i aided in the abortion which angers me, now back to post, there are contraceptives and drugs to prevent pregnancy the excuse of expired condom is just plain bull, shit , so he baby has to suffer for someone's negligence a friend of mine got pregnant in secondary school she kept the baby and that didn't change her life. she still works,dates and parties out that's called a mother's love and taking responsibility, one day these action will always haunt her.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Mrs C, the only solutions available: Abort or Dont abort!

If it was ME carrying Chima's baby, I would abort.  Simple.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^^ i doubt that,
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Some people quoted scriptures about wives that doesn't pertain to Tomato and she doesn't have to confer with the guy in question if she chooses to.  If she was married then that is a different issue.

grin grin grin damn was just about to ask where that came from.Oh where did Ms potato go?? undecided
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2012
@killz there is no proper advantage of abortion most people can't bear the responsibilities of their actions so they go for a quicker route to eliminate it, the reason i have a greater hate for abortion even more is cuz in school pple know i don't support abortion a friend borrowed money from me with the notion of paying back i never asked when he returned it i asked what the money was for ? to cut the story short , in some way i aided in the abortion which angers me, now back to post, there are contraceptives and drugs to prevent pregnancy the excuse of expired condom is just plain bull, poo , so he baby has to suffer for someone's negligence a friend of mine got pregnant in secondary school she kept the baby and that didn't change her life. she still works,dates and parties out that's called a mother's love and taking responsibility, one day these action will always haunt her.
Now, this is the kind of argument i'm talking about!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

If it was ME carrying Chima's baby, I would abort.  Simple.
Why please?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
lets all get ONE thing straight: anyone who is quick to say that abortion is a SIN, indirectly brings RELIGION into this matter.

~Killz~:

solving the problem at hand.

@Pendo98
BWAAAAAAH so you now want to compare yourself with Jesus?! as a Christian, the teachings of the bible is what you should base yourself on, NOT what others did in Biblical times. . . . . . . .thats the reason why the LAWS were made, DUH!!!!!
overlooking and dismissing clear LAWS/VERSES, for your own selfish agenda, is not only wrong but also crazy!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^
I did not call it a sin, i said abortion is WRONG, and errm yeah, Abortion is what? Abortion is MURDER!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^ i never said you did!!! but if you look back at the thread you will clearly see who was quick to quote bible verses/bring religion etc . . . . . . . .and i was just stating a fact.

btw: you have all the rights to believe that abortion is murder, just like i have all the rights to believe that it isnt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 Ways To Tell If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science / All Odds Are Against Me On NAIRALAND. See 8 of Them... [Picture] / Some Gilrs Sha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.