Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? (8259 Views)

Poll: What Should She Do?

Abort: 50% (14 votes)
Don't Abort: 50% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea / My Stepfather Is Sleeping Wit Our Housemaid; Shud I Take ‘Bribe’ Or Tell My Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
pc guru:

@BrownJay u're right, there are too many kids in the streets of Lagos lets have them killed while we can, basically it will solve over population issues, am sad i didnt think of this i used to be the logical one.

let us all USE OUR BRAINS and solve the problem on the street, instead of selfishly thinking of adding to it. people will say that many married couples will gladly adopt that child but thats mostly A LIE!!!!!

you talk about adoption, right?! then why is nobody adopting all these lot that are left to beg at street corners. orphanages in 9ja are full to the brim because most low self esteem Nigerian men will NEVER raise another men's child. lets be honest about the issue bro!

~Killz~:

They can do whatever they want yeah! Murder shouldnt be part of it! There are two things involved. her health, and murder! IMO, abortion is a lose lose situation!

and thats YOUR opinion. you can view abortion as whatever you want, people like me simply think it is a SAFE PROCEDURE that was put into our hands to safely get rid of any unwanted pregnancy, to respect LIFE and not have children that we CANT care for properly. as we already argued on that issue before: you believe a child is a child from conception, while i believe a child is NOT a child until much later.

In parts of the world where abortion is a crime doesnt make it right! Sometimes, the law is an arse. For instance, the law says "A man cannot r[i]a[/i]pe his wife". . .that, to me is bullshit since i know r[i]a[/i]pe is wrong and as a result of the law being an arse sometimes, in cases like this, i say to the law: Fcck you! winkNO!

what BS law says that a man cannot r[b]a[/b]pe his wife?! you must be dreaming as R[b]A[/b]PE is R[b]A[/b]PE, whether it is your wife or not. . . . . . . .  and if there are countries where women are viewed as property (probably some r[b]e[/b]tarded countries) then FUKC THEM indeed!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2012
yes brownJay let's be honest about the issue i know there are lots of orphanages in Nigeria and i know there are useless men and women that contribute to this f.ucked up mess, i know that there are limited resources in this world to go around. but that does not make us gods in deciding what life to take, who are we to decide to comes into this world or not, so because children in orphanage might not have a possible future we should treat the problem by terminating a life, you think i don't know how hard this is, to bring a child that might possibly affect your future people ave done it and some ave managed to make something out of their life. if you want to kill babes or the girl in picture wants to abort the baby she can after all its her kid so she's basically has the option of deciding whether "it" lives or not, please don't say let's be realistic about this or use our brains. there's no logical explanation or justification for murder. murder is murder whichever way you make it seem. clarification is a beautiful thing
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2012
and thats YOUR opinion. you can view abortion as whatever you want, people like me simply think it is a SAFE PROCEDURE that was put into our hands to safely get rid of any unwanted pregnancy, to respect LIFE and not have children that we CANT care for properly. as we already argued on that issue before: you believe a child is a child from conception, while i believe a child is NOT a child until much later.
Well, it's up to her now. . .
what BS law says that a man cannot r[b]a[/b]pe his wife?! you must be dreaming as R[b]A[/b]PE is R[b]A[/b]PE, whether it is your wife or not. . . . . . . .  and if there are countries where women are viewed as property (probably some slow countries) then FUKC THEM indeed!
Atleast we agree on this one! grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hey!  angry   Why would the husbands wants to violation their wives?   undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

No means NO!  angry angry [size=22pt]Help me! He is snatching me off PC! Help!! (logged off)[/size]
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
hahahaha chima.Am calling 911

Allow the tomato and onion to cook please. We want to see the resulting baby.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
weird section.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Pc Guru
YOU see it as murder, many DONT. . . . . . . . . . . simply because: many people believe that a child is not a child until its HEART BEATS (or sometimes even breathe its first breath). now if you are good in Biology, you would know that it takes a while before a child has a heart beat, let alone moves or looks like a PROPER child. so let each and everyone decide what is best FOR THEM.

if YOU believe that abortion is murder then fair enough, i dont, and anyone who think like me has the right to go about aborting their unwanted pregnancy.

the problem is very simple: if someone WANTS and CAN care for a child, then let them have it. if they DONT and CANT care for that child, then let them dispose of it the best way THEY see fit (because they are the only one who will live with the consequences of their actions).
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
true at the end of day it all boils down to Freewill so who am i to judge that, besides the whole lecturing the babe on what action to take is irrelevant anyway. poor miss prob aborted and on to having fun. am out the programming world needs me. peace
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2012
pendo89:

hahahaha chima.Am calling 911

Allow the tomato and onion to cook please. We want to see the resulting baby.

Thanks! Po Po got him! grin grin grin (Hush Killz tongue)

I wonder if Tomato will tell Onion that he is the father. Hmm.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Thanks! Po Po got him! grin grin grin (Hush Killz tongue)

I wonder if Tomato will tell Onion that he is the father. Hmm.

thread refreshed. grin

Me thinks, baby Tomoni should be left to grow. Father onion can do a paternity test to confirm the baby wasnt preconceived earlier. Afterwards he can contribute something towards bringing up Tomoni.
If he decides not to then Mother Tomato should brace up for the challenge. Who knows what the future holds for Tomoni? She's in canada for christ's sake.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Ranoscky(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
MBJ, we all are human being (both big and small) for good God sake, we ought to have conscience for one another!

Durin the 90s (cant rememba the actual yr but, I think its either '93 or '94) me and my friends were on our way to play football (close to where we live). There's one hotel close to the field. On gettin there, we saw this little cute new born baby (I think few days old, not upto a week old) placed by the gate side of the hotel, with N60 naira and a short written note kept beside the baby. The note reads: "Whoever sees this baby should pls take good care of him, thanx!). We were like WTF! Who dropped this baby here (lookin at each other confusedly). Quickly, we alerted the manager of the hotel, and what he said was, long as the mother allowed that child to live, that whoever is aware of the baby mama's whereabout should ask her to comeback. That, all the baby needs now is her presence and NOTHING more. And that he is willin to care for the upkeep of the baby and her mother. Thought it was all a joke. The next day, we saw a Nanny takin care of the baby. Long story short, the mother never came out but, the manager of that hotel kept the baby until he left the hotel.

What am tryin to say is, if that baby should live, it DOESNT, in NO WAY, stops tomato from being or achievin what she wants to achieve! If u see a girl murderin her newly born baby just cos she's NOT ready for it, and u see a girl abandonin her baby cos she's also not ready for it, who do u think is 'sane' among both of them? Mind u, even as we are here right now, there'r girls that are headin to the motherless home to abandon the baby they gave birth to, cos they couldnt afford the upkeep of the baby. Such manner is better than killin a baby all cos of ones stupidity!

"Why did u kill the baby in your stomach, Im NOT ready for it that was why I killed it."  Aint that a [b]b[/b]itch!

Claremont said if abortion is a sin, then 1 should also be responsible for miscarriage. And I asked if 1 dies, who is to blame? Yet to get an answer!

So, justifyin the termination of unwanted baby in the name of abortion is like justifyin 'murder', if u ask me.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Mynd44: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
This has been a long thread
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by mamalola19: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mynd_44:

This has been a long thread

Holly moses almost fell in to stew cos much essays. Lord have mercy open local tomato like us.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2012
It is more rational for a lady to abort a baby she knows she is NOT mentally, emotionally, financially, and socially able to carry through. It is a complete journey into irrationality, and sheer wickedness for a baby to be brought into this world by a mother who lacks the capacity to take good care of that baby. It's faulty logic for someone to pander along the lines of "thou shalt not kill" to justify invalid points, that particular phrase is the most ridiculous phrase in the bible.

"Thou shalt not kill". . . but kill what?! It's turned logical reasoning on its head!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Cuddlemii: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
Tomato didn't come to church today. I just hope she hasn't done anything stupid. The truth is that I know her decision could be anything and I don't want to be involved in anything that would affect my own future. I don't want to be an accomplice or accessory to anything.

I will read the comments here for a while and I am sure by tomorrow I will know what to tell her. But if she has already done anything, should I remain friends with her? stand by her? Or cut off all association with her? Realistically, I hope she is no longer in a bad situation when I face her tomorrow so I don't need to be part of her decision which could be anything.

But what if I was in her shoes, what would I have done? Abort, be a single mother or tell the father? Lets try putting ourselves in that position, what would you have done? Its very easy to advise human beings to act a certain way but if you were the victim, what would you have done?

Btw thank you all(life savers) for the comments.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 30, 2012
claremont:

It is more rational for a lady to abort a baby she knows she is NOT mentally, emotionally, financially, and socially able to carry through. It is a complete journey into irrationality, and sheer wickedness for a baby to be brought into this world by a mother who lacks the capacity to take good care of that baby. It's faulty logic for someone to pander along the lines of "thou shalt not kill" to justify invalid points, that particular phrase is the most ridiculous phrase in the bible.

"Thou shalt not kill". . . but kill what?! It's turned logical reasoning on its head!

Does atheism remove rationality from people's brains? Being PRO-LIFE has nothing to do with being religious. Your inane analogies are nothing but that.

Mr A kills Mr B but Mr A's defence is that Mr B's father died of cancer and therefore could have been killed by cancer since it's genetic; he then goes on to ask the prosecutor who they would have arrested if cancer had been the cause of his victim's death?!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by seedord247(m): 5:48am On Jan 30, 2012
what if the baby die of Pachwuuokoo on the run who's to blame tongue
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Ranoscky(m): 6:48am On Jan 30, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Tomato didn't come to church today. I just hope she hasn't done anything silly. The truth is that I know her decision could be anything and I don't want to be involved in anything that would affect my own future. I don't want to be an accomplice or accessory to anything.

I will read the comments here for a while and I am sure by tomorrow I will know what to tell her. But if she has already done anything, should I remain friends with her? stand by her? Or cut off all association with her? Realistically, I hope she is no longer in a bad situation when I face her tomorrow so I don't need to be part of her decision which could be anything.

But what if I was in her shoes, what would I have done? Abort, be a single mother or tell the father? Lets try putting ourselves in that position, what would you have done? Its very easy to advise human beings to act a certain way but if you were the victim, what would you have done?

Btw thank you all(life savers) for the comments.
See, in whatever decisions, just remove the option of "tellin the father", cos it's a MUST, and I see NO reason why he shouldnt be aware!

What if tomato tells onion, and onion decides tomato keep the pregnancy? Or dont u think it's possible?

Why positive thoughts alone (what the outcome would deff be), or dont u think 'negative' is also an option?

Dont u have "What ifs" when makin rational thinkin?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 30, 2012
@Ransocky
having the baby (aka being "better"wink is YOUR opinion, many dont feel this way. just the fact that they will bring a child to SUFFER in this world is a good reason enough to abort, for some. not being able to cope with the burden of caring for a lil one for the next 18yrs could also be the reason to abort. why put a burden on someone else's shoulder when that person can simply solve the issue by aborting?!

if someone abort then thats IT, no more worries or proof of that problem . . . . . . it's GONE!
but abandoning the child, there will always be a reminder of your mistake, there will always be a proof of your FAILURE: that child!

so, NO, it is definitely NOT the same.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 7:16am On Jan 30, 2012
When will this Tomato and Onion salad be ready for eating?
*whistling*
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 30, 2012
am lost
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Mynd44: 7:54am On Jan 30, 2012
The truth is that Morality is a personal thing you might no believe in what I believe in.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Mynd44: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2012
hornipipe:

am lost
Find yourself jorh
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2012
tht gonna b too stressful
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Ranoscky(m): 8:16am On Jan 30, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@Ransocky
having the baby (aka being "better"wink is YOUR opinion, many dont feel this way. just the fact that they will bring a child to SUFFER in this world is a good reason enough to abort, for some. not being able to cope with the burden of caring for a lil one for the next 18yrs could also be the reason to abort. why put a burden on someone else's shoulder when that person can simply solve the issue by aborting?!

if someone abort then thats IT, no more worries or proof of that problem . . . . . . it's GONE!
but abandoning the child, there will always be a reminder of your mistake, there will always be a proof of your FAILURE: that child!

so, NO, it is definitely NOT the same.
Says MBJ!

For Rano, abortion is OUT of the context!

Well, the truth of the matter is, after err'thing, I believe tomato has her final say. So, case closed!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Ranoscky(m): 8:35am On Jan 30, 2012
I can imagine tomato runin way to another country far away from hers, cos she's shy with her pregnancy and dont know what to do!

I can imagine tomato's friend (pepper) aslo in support of tomato's departure, singin "tomato, tomato, mama sita, carry go!"

I can imagine onion's friends (maggi, groundnut oil etc) singin and askin onion "Where is your loooove? Ni bo lo wa loooo?"

And I can also imagine onion (from afar) singin Tomato ni gbo ju le, e jo, e ba mi wa tomato.

If my imagination becomes reality, then I believe u guys wil definitly find tomato in Olu Maintain's house!

But hold a sec! I think I heard som1 sayin "Hello! Follow! Enter, make we dey go!" Wait, let me go verify. I'll be right back!

*Walks out to ask Tolu Maintain if he was the one that said it, so as to be sure where tomato is!*
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by haboosa(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2012
She shouldnt Abort oo, but she should talk the guy out and made him realise wat the outcome of thier meeting was and talk to him to take up his responsibilty cos the whole thing will tell on the child in the future.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2012
She should not abort the baby. Luckily she is an independent woman, has a steady source of income and can provide adequately for the child. she should let the guy know if he likes he can be part of their lives if not he can do as he pleases. Having a man is not the beginning and end of living, it adds joy if the man is right and a child is also a beautiful addition to life.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by claremont(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2012
naijababe:

Does atheism remove rationality from people's brains?[size=13pt] Being PRO-LIFE has nothing to do with being religious. Your inane analogies are nothing but that. [/size]

Mr A  kills Mr B but Mr A's defence is that Mr B's father died of cancer and therefore could have been killed by cancer since it's genetic; he then goes on to ask the prosecutor who they would have arrested if cancer had been the cause of his victim's death?!
I made no such analogies. If you can go back to the beginning of this thread, you would realise that religion was drawn into this debate because your fellow religious adherents made an unfounded assertion that "Abortion is a sin". The comment is still there in black and white. I also don't believe I suggested in any of my posts that being an Atheist means we do not value the sanctity of human life, no one needs religion to teach him/her that human life is precious. I'm giving a specific opinion on this specific case, and it is that abortion (after discussing with the baby's father) remains the most rational step to take.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
whn d advisors need advice
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by maclatunji: 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2012
Bad story! I am tired of adults who cannot maintain decency and run around like headless chickens when the consequences of their actions hit them!  angry  angry  angry

#Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Here Are The Real Names Of Most Romancelanders You May Or May Not Know / Bride In Tears As She Chases Groom After Being Dumped At The Altar In DeltaState / Please, Is This Thing Coming Out From My Private Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.