Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? (8258 Views)

Poll: What Should She Do?

Abort: 50% (14 votes)
Don't Abort: 50% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea / My Stepfather Is Sleeping Wit Our Housemaid; Shud I Take ‘Bribe’ Or Tell My Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
solving the problem at hand.
And killing an innocent unborn child is the only viable solution to a problem that could have been avoided?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Why please?

Without referring to Bible?  Because I can.   wink

pc guru:

^^^^ i doubt that,  

Why you doubt that?  I wouldn't even tell him that I am pregnant so he wouldn't even know.   wink

pendo89:

grin grin grin damn was just about to ask where that came from.Oh where did Ms potato go?? undecided

That's the name Cuddlemil gave her friend.  Right?  shocked   It is Ms. Potato?!!!!  Fainted.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2012
btw: you have all the rights to believe that abortion is murder, just like i have all the rights to believe that it isnt.
So can we now make our points without mention to religion?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

And killing an innocent unborn child is the only viable solution to a problem that could have been avoided?

as i already told you before: UNLESS A PERSON IS PHYSICALLY/EMOTIONALLY/FINANCIALLY READY TO HAVE A CHILD (AND CARE FOR IT FOR THE NEXT 18YRS), THERE IS NO REASON WHY ANYONE SHOULD BRING A CHILD INTO THIS WORLD!

~Killz~:

So can we now make our points without mention to religion?

my earlier post was aimed at those who brought religion to this conversation, nobody else.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
Without referring to Bible?  Because I can.
Because you can, makes it right? So we should do as we please simply because we can? Scintillating! Let's rob a bank! cheesy
Why you doubt that?  I wouldn't even tell him that I am pregnant so he wouldn't even know.

Pls dont tell him when you run into complications as a result of it! wink
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

lets all get ONE thing straight: anyone who is quick to say that abortion is a SIN, indirectly brings RELIGION into this matter.

solving the problem at hand.

@Pendo98
BWAAAAAAH so you now want to compare yourself with Jesus?! as a Christian, the teachings of the bible is what you should base yourself on, NOT what others did in Biblical times. . . . . . . .thats the reason why the LAWS were made, DUH!!!!!
overlooking and dismissing clear LAWS/VERSES, for your own selfish agenda, is not only wrong but also crazy!

Oh Lord why dd u reply.
Yes I am supposed to do what Jesus did. Not my choice its just commanded by the book. He came to substitute that law ur clinging on to with Grace.
Was he selfish? then I am too.
See? I am not the one doing away with the laws but the one who made them.  If I fail to do that yet I claim to be His follower am a hypocrite.

You cannot separate JC from the WORD cz Hes the word itself! How can I follow the teachings and not the author of the teachings??In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word became Flesh (JC ) and dwelt amongst men. I am not following what others did no! Am not following the law no! I am only following the Grace and its author.

Can we end this or move to religion? I cant help replying.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2012
ehmmmmm correct me if am wrong she can always give the baby out for adoption if she can't take care of the baby.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

as i already told you before: UNLESS A PERSON IS PHYSICALLY/EMOTIONALLY/FINANCIALLY READY TO HAVE A CHILD (AND CARE FOR IT FOR THE NEXT 18YRS), THERE IS NO REASON WHY ANYONE SHOULD BRING A CHILD INTO THIS WORLD!

my earlier post was aimed at those who brought religion to this conversation, nobody else.
Now should someone who is NOT physically/emotionally/financially ready to have a child (and care for it for the next 18yrs) have flings, wanton sex, behave irresponsibly, live a promiscuous lifestyle, get pregnant carelessly, and then look to abortion as the way out, not minding the complications that could arise?
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

That's the name Cuddlemil gave her friend.  Right?  shocked   It is Ms. Potato?!!!!  Fainted.  

lmao so Potato travelled to UK from Thailand? and cuddlemi is in Thailand?  grin grin grin
Wait a sec.I thought it was an Onion and a Tomato.
See by the time we get to page 10 of this thread we shal be talking about cucumbers and lettuce.
The recipe will change.

~Killz~:

Now should someone who is NOT physically/emotionally/financially ready to have a child (and care for it for the next 18yrs) have flings, wanton sex, behave irresponsibly, live a promiscuous lifestyle, get pregnant carelessly, and then look to abortion as the way out, not minding the complications that could arise?

Its very easy to advocate fr abortion when its far from us.When it comes knocking on our doors meaning it happens to somebody we love say a relative or lover we start looking for other options with less risks involved why? cz we want the best for them and the best means few risks involved.
Their overall health and well being matters most.
Many who scream abortion wouldnt even want it to happen to their sister.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Because you can, makes it right? So we should do as we please simply because we can? Scintillating! Let's rob a bank! cheesy
Pls dont tell him when you run into complications as a result of it! wink

Many things we do doesn't have to be right that is why it called FREE WILL or FREEDOM OF CHOICE. We can either do it or not and suffer whatever consequences. wink kiss

Would you take me to the abortion clinic brother? kiss kiss tongue No, I won't tell him.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2012
pendo89:

lmao so Potato travelled to UK from Thailand? and cuddlemi is in Thailand?  grin grin grin
See by the time we get to page 10 of this thread we shal be talking about cucumbers and lettuce.
The recipe will change.

I am hoping for garlic and bell peppers. grin grin grin tongue
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
pendo89:

The recipe will change.

Now i'm hungry! tongue
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrCork17: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2012
which baby? ABORT IT. Kids are like rabbit anyway.I cant stand them (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I am hoping for garlic and bell peppers. grin grin grin tongue

~Killz~:

Now i'm hungry! tongue

me too. grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

You are very right in this statement, but the fact is people make mistakes, are careless, and birthcontrol fails. This will not change. We are imperfect and stupid sometimes.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Many things we do doesn't have to be right that is why it called FREE WILL or FREEDOM OF CHOICE.  We can either do it or not and suffer whatever consequences.   wink kiss

Freewill means we can do whatever we please? How about everyone starts applying freewill and freedom of choice in whatever they do! The next step? Chaos!

Freedom of choice and the freewill line is off point! I could pick a lot of loopholes with my eyes closed.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Pendo98
LOL!!!!!! ok fair enough. . . . . . .here is something for you to consider: JC was born under the laws of MOSES,  and fully endorsed the laws of MOSES. so therefore if you want to compare yourself with JC then you best FOLLOW THE LAWS OF MOSES.

here is what JC said:"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46,47.)

pc guru:

ehmmmmm correct me if am wrong she can always give the baby out for adoption if she can't take care of the baby.

there are already many unwanted babies begging at street corners all around 9ja, why add to that?! the world is CONGESTED. most can barely feed themselves , yet we want to bring more people to this world to suffer? lets be realistic here!

~Killz~:

so long as they FIX THE PROBLEM AT HAND, they can do whatever they want. expecting them to solve their mistake by doing ANOTHER  MISTAKE is definitely NOT right, IMHO.
b
tw: bank robbery is a crime, while abortion is NOT a crime in most part of the world. so as Mrs C said, if someone CAN/WANT to do it then they should (so long as it aint anything criminal/against the law)
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Freewill means we can do whatever we please? How about everyone starts applying freewill and freedom of choice in whatever they do! The next step? Chaos!

Freedom of choice and the freewill line is off point! I could pick a lot of loopholes with my eyes closed.

So you won't take me to the abortion clinic? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrCork17: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

So you won't take me to the abortion clinic?   undecided undecided undecided

Mrs Chima. but why you soooo sooo stingy with punnny? do you hate black people? angry
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Mr Cork no comment. i just hope this is your persona on NL and not your real attitude.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2012
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2012
talina:

You are very right in this statement, [size=13pt]but the fact is people make mistakes, are careless, and birthcontrol fails. This will not change. We are imperfect and silly sometimes.[/size]
Very correct! That is why we should tell the truth about certain issues, so that people dont make themselves statistics! I should learn from the mistake of others, and should not necessarily allow others to learn from my mistake! The situation wont change, but it can be minimized to the barest minimum!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrCork17: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
pc guru:

@Mr Cork no comment. i just hope this is your persona on NL and not your real attitude.

Mr Gurudu. Please. what in the name of Mr Cork are you on about? undecided
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Very correct! That is why we should tell the truth about certain issues, so that people dont make themselves statistics! I should learn from the mistake of others, and should not necessarily allow others to learn from my mistake! The situation wont change, but it can be minimized to the barest minimum!

If only it was so easy! Trying to teach others about consequences and learning from others mistakes is what is happening all around us. But I see that so many, if not most people, just have to learn from their own mistakes and sometimes put their finger in the fire to feel its heat.That seems to be the ultimate design of why we are alive. I agree in though with this issue,that minimizing its occurance is in the best interest of everyone.
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2012
so long as they FIX THE PROBLEM AT HAND, they can do whatever they want. expecting them to solving the mistake by doing ANOTHER  MISTAKE is definitely NOT right, IMHO.
They can do whatever they want yeah! Murder shouldnt be part of it! There are two things involved. her health, and murder! IMO, abortion is a lose lose situation!
arm robbery is a crime, while abortion is NOT a crime in most part of the world. so as Mrs C said, if someone CAN/WANT to do it then they should (so long as it aint anything criminal/against the law)
In parts of the world where abortion is a crime doesnt make it right! Sometimes, the law is an arse. For instance, the law says "A man cannot r[i]a[/i]pe his wife". . .that, to me is bullshit since i know r[i]a[/i]pe is wrong and as a result of the law being an arse sometimes, in cases like this, i say to the law: Fcck you! wink
So you won't take me to the abortion clinic?  undecided undecided undecided
NO!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
@BrownJay u're right, there are too many kids in the streets of Lagos lets have them killed while we can, basically it will solve over population issues, am sad i didnt think of this i used to be the logical one.

@Mr Cork am just surprised how easy it is for you utter this statement but heck opinions everyone's entitled to one.
which baby?  ABORT IT.  Kids  are like rabbit anyway.I cant stand them (no oofeinse)
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by pendo89(f): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@Pendo98
LOL!!!!!! ok fair enough. . . . . . .here is something for you to consider: JC was born under the laws of MOSES,  and fully endorsed the laws of MOSES. so therefore if you want to compare yourself with JC then you best FOLLOW THE LAWS OF MOSES.

here is what JC said:"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46,47.)

I am so hard pressed to reply but ok fair enough. I refuse to give in to temptation  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
though i wonder how good you are at quoting scriptures. have u been a pastor in nigeria before?

Mr, Cork:

Mr Gurudu. Please. what in the name of Mr Cork are you on about? undecided

LOL LOL!! @ gurudu,this fellow needs the Lord. grin grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
talina:

If only it was so easy! Trying to teach others about consequences and learning from others mistakes is what is happening all around us. But I see that so many, if not most people, just have to learn from their own mistakes and sometimes put their finger in the fire to feel its heat.That seems to be the ultimate design of why we are alive. I agree in though with this issue,that minimizing its occurance is in the best interest of everyone.
Most times i dont bother about trying to teach! But in situations like this, where one mistake has been made and she is seeking ideas before she makes another, the least i can do is to be very vociferous against abortion! Of course, in the end, she has to choose and in choosing means she has accepted whatever consequences that would result! Whether she aborts or not, i dont think she'll be having another fling anytime soon! Two weeks of intense sex, intense pleasure, breakfast in bed blah blah blah, and you are faced with such a dilemma, as a result of just 14 days? WTH! Is it really worth it? I dont gerrit!

If i'm sad for the lady, i'll be more sad for those who will read her story, and still make this same mistake! Smh!
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
Killz, may your big toe stumble into a pile of shit.   angry angry angry angry

Okay people, I want to do a retraction on my previous comments concerning abortion and me going to the clinic.  I was just kidding, I wouldn't even consider abortion seeing that my husband and I have discussed our family make up and expectations before marriage.  I will honor his desires to have million of children.   cheesy

However, I can understand how some women are caught between a hard place and a rock when they are dealing with unplanned pregnancies.  It is important that women today protect themselves at all costs because we never know if the man will stay or go.  You shouldn't have to be tied down raising a child alone so it is a risk a woman take when she is having fun sexually.  

I am married and it doesn't mean that I wouldn't become a single parent just like Tomato.  So it is a risk all of us take married or single.  I wouldn't have abortions simply because I am married and two pieces of my body belongs to my husband, Oga Chima.  

Tomato should know if the guy interested or not before she make a decision to abort or keep the baby.  I know how Oga Chima would feel if I abort his children because we took the time to get to know each other and ironed out any unknowns before doing the nkwo sa peto.   grin  It is good to know beforehand of where you stand in a relationship or marriage.  

I know I am long winded but BITE ME!  angry
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Most times i dont bother about trying to teach! But in situations like this, where one mistake has been made and she is seeking ideas before she makes another, the least i can do is to be very vociferous against abortion! Of course, in the end, she has to choose and in choosing means she has accepted whatever consequences that would result! Whether she aborts or not, i dont think she'll be having another fling anytime soon! Two weeks of intense sex, intense pleasure, breakfast in bed blah blah blah, and you are faced with such a dilemma, as a result of just 14 days? WTH! Is it really worth it? I dont gerrit!

If i'm sad for the lady, i'll be more sad for those who will read her story, and still make this same mistake! Smh!

Weve all given our opinions and advice, and it was asked freely by the poster. Your opinion mattered as much as any. And whatever her choice, a very painful lesson will be learned. cry .
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2012
Killz, may your big toe stumble into a pile of poo. angry angry angry  

grin grin grin grin
May you step on a banana peel! angry

we took the time to get to know each other and ironed out any unknowns before doing the nkwo sa peto.
WTF! grin grin grin
Re: Her 2 Weeks Fling Has Conceived A Baby. Should She Abort It Or Tell The Father? by Killz3(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
talina:

Weve all given our opinions and advice, and it was asked freely by the poster. Your opinion mattered as much as any. And whatever her choice, a very painful lesson will be learned. cry .

Well, there's really nothing anyone can do. . . Cheer up! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghanaian Women Are Sexy Than Nigerian Women New Research / How To Get And bed A Girl In 5day Guy Only (18+) / Here Are The Real Names Of Most Romancelanders You May Or May Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.