Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,412 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY (11733 Views)

Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? / Men! So What I Watched In 50 Shades Of Grey Happens Real.. / Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 22, 2012
Nnenna1: I came across this interesting piece in wikipedia about the average human height per country in the world, and did a tally of the reported heights from Some African countries. See below:

Male                                Female

Nigeria           1.638 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in)             1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Mali                1.713 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)             1.604 m (5 ft 3 in)

Cameroon      1.706 m (5 ft 7 in)                   1.613 m (5 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

Cote D'Ivoire  1.701 m (5 ft 7 in)                   1.591 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Ghana            1.695 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)              1.585 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Gambia           1.680 m (5 ft 6 in)                    1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Malawi            1.660 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)              1.550 m (5 ft 1 in)

South Africa     1.690 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)              1.590 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Nigerian men came out to be the shortest in this list. I find this a little strange - obviously there are issues that undermine the data (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_height). And yes, I know it's Wikipedia. But hmm,  undecided

If you look at the source even Chinese, Vietnamese and Mexican men one-upped Nigerians.

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:

. . .and she RAN! cool

I'll reply you if you use a calmer mode. trust me wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 22, 2012
pendo89:
If nigerian men are short what about the rest of Africa? Must be in the genes.
All the nigerian men I have seen are like towering trees.

I don't know abou the rest of Africa, my main focus is on Nigerian men.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 7:01pm On May 22, 2012
pendo89:
If nigerian men are short what about the rest of Africa? Must be in the genes.
All the nigerian men I have seen are like towering trees.

Pls tell this 5.4 million naira lady. . . grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 7:02pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I'll reply you if you use a calmer mode. trust me wink

I'm calm now. . . trust me.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:

Pls tell this 5.4 million naira lady. . . grin

I was 5'4 in 2009 dear. And I was still taller than the average Nigerian man.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I was 5'4 in 2009 dear. And I was still taller than the average Nigerian man.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Falls from okada. . . So how many inches did you add in 3 years? Did you bloom late or what?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 7:10pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

No, I am the popcorn seller. No more for you. I'm about to get drunk for real.
Be nice nah
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Falls from okada. . . So how many inches did you add in 3 years? Did you bloom late or what?

I'm 5'7.

But still taller than the avg Nigerian men. Abi is 5'7 not taller than 5'4 (avg height of Nigerian men)

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 7:18pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I'm 5'7.

But still taller than the avg Nigerian men. Abi is 5'7 not taller than 5'4 (avg height of Nigerian men)

grin grin grin grin grin

Madam, i'm sorry to announce to you that you are still what? You are still short! 5'7 is short for a woman in my society. . . grin grin grin

So you are 5'7 and you are making noise? angry

And here i was, thinking of coming to Ekiti to look for wife. . . grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:

Madam, i'm sorry to announce to you that you are still what? You are still short! 5'7 is short for a woman in my society. . . grin grin grin

So you are 5'7 and you are making noise? angry

Shey your society where the men are, on avg, 5'4? abeg.

And this aspect has already been discussed, no society chastises women for being "short". They're, however, worshipped grin grin

Men on the other hand are SUPPOSED to be atleast 5'9. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by LordReed(m): 7:22pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I'm 5'7.

grin grin grin grin grin

You might be tall but your intellect seems short. Average means that there are people both shorter and taller than the specified height. Maybe you need to go to school again.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 7:23pm On May 22, 2012
Can somebody get my popcorn? Wetin na?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 7:26pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Shey your society where the men are, on avg, 5'4? abeg.

And this aspect has already been discussed, no society chastises women for being "short". They're, however, worshipped grin grin

Men on the other hand are SUPPOSED to be atleast 5'9. wink

Sorry, but mama never taught me to worship "short engines". . . grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You might be tall but your intellect seems short. Average means that there are people both shorter and taller than the specified height. Maybe you need to go to school again.

First of all; "On average", means that whenever you meet or see or know a Nigerian men, on average their height will be 5'4. Not that all Nigerian men are "short". Throughout the thread, "On average" has been mentioned multiple times for simpletons like you who cannot grasp or control whatever vexation you're feeling. If you think that you're tall, congratulations. Nobody said otherwise.

I expect all the short men to camp her to show their vexation.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:

Sorry, but mama never taught me to worship "short engines". . . grin

Lies lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Lies lol

True lies. . . cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by LordReed(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

First of all; "On average", means that whenever you meet or see or know a Nigerian men, on average their height will be 5'4. Not that all Nigerian men are "short". Throughout the thread, "On average" has been mentioned multiple times for simpletons like you who cannot grasp or control whatever vexation you're feeling. If you think that you're tall, congratulations. Nobody said otherwise.

I expect all the short men to camp her to show their vexation.

If you acknowledge there are tall Nigerian men then what is the point of this thread? What are you trying to say if not to denigrate the Nigerian man for something outside his control?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

If you acknowledge there are tall Nigerian men then what is the point of this thread? What are you trying to say if not to denigrate the Nigerian man for something outside his control?

Majority of them are short. I understand that that's something that cannot be changed (even men heels wont have that much effect).
I sincerely apologized for any emotional distraught this must have caused you or others.

Wait o, there ways to control this problem tho, genetics is only one of the numerous factor. Diet is controllable, although not a guarantee.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by queensmith: 8:18pm On May 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Woman, oo ti dami lohun ninu Ekiti thread yen. Ki lo fa hate words e? ko ye ki a ma na owo (hand) si ile baba wa.

ooooo thats what you meant, i was wondering. lol i was only joking! :p
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 22, 2012
queensmith:

awww I trust you tongue smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by bittyend(m): 8:29pm On May 22, 2012
South African men, taller than Nigerian men?? shocked shocked

This must be the must ridiculous research ever!!!

I have NEVER seen a South African guy taller than 5'8...

The bushmen, and khoisan people are known for dwarfism.. Only the Zulus are a little bit taller.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 8:56pm On May 22, 2012
queensmith:

Hey what's up? You have not been on a Nigerian Airways plane lately have you?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by queensmith: 9:14pm On May 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hey what's up? You have not been on a Nigerian Airways plane lately have you?

no, not after the way I was treated the last time. From now on it's strictly BA. :p
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 9:17pm On May 22, 2012
queensmith:

no, not after the way I was treated the last time. From now on it's strictly BA. :p
Buyout do know that the Federal government is about to place a ban on BA right?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by queensmith: 9:22pm On May 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Buyout do know that the Federal government is about to place a ban on BA right?

No i didn't actually, I knew there was beef but not to that extent. O well even if they do it won't be before I fly!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 9:24pm On May 22, 2012
Okay no problem
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by pendo89(f): 9:40pm On May 22, 2012
Has anybody met a Southern sudanese??

They are contracted to fix street lights without the use of ladders.

I think they are the tallest in Africa.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 9:44pm On May 22, 2012
pendo89: Has anybody met a Southern sudanese??

They are contracted to fix street lights without the use of ladders.

I think they are the tallest in Africa.
hmmm
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by LordReed(m): 2:10am On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Majority of them are short. I understand that that's something that cannot be changed (even men heels wont have that much effect).
I sincerely apologized for any emotional distraught this must have caused you or others.

Wait o, there ways to control this problem tho, genetics is only one of the numerous factor. Diet is controllable, although not a guarantee.

This where you fail. It is not a problem until you make it one. Our skin colour, hair texture, nails etc are things that make up our genetic heritage it may change someday but don't try to fix what ain't broke.

If you want tall children marry a tall man and feed them well, don't complain about something we have no power over.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 5:39am On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Nnenna1: I came across this interesting piece in wikipedia about the average human height per country in the world, and did a tally of the reported heights from Some African countries. See below:

Male Female

Nigeria 1.638 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in) 1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Mali 1.713 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in) 1.604 m (5 ft 3 in)

Cameroon 1.706 m (5 ft 7 in) 1.613 m (5 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

Cote D'Ivoire 1.701 m (5 ft 7 in) 1.591 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Ghana 1.695 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) 1.585 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Gambia 1.680 m (5 ft 6 in) 1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Malawi 1.660 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in) 1.550 m (5 ft 1 in)

South Africa 1.690 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) 1.590 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Nigerian men came out to be the shortest in this list. I find this a little strange - obviously there are issues that undermine the data (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_height). And yes, I know it's Wikipedia. But hmm,

If you look at the source even Chinese, Vietnamese and Mexican men one-upped Nigerians.

The study was conducted 1994-1996. It's not even a recent one. Statistics might have changed since then.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by rdokoye: 10:46am On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Male Female

Nigeria 1.638 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in) 1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Mali 1.713 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in) 1.604 m (5 ft 3 in)

Cameroon 1.706 m (5 ft 7 in) 1.613 m (5 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

Cote D'Ivoire 1.701 m (5 ft 7 in) 1.591 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Ghana 1.695 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) 1.585 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Gambia 1.680 m (5 ft 6 in) 1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Malawi 1.660 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in) 1.550 m (5 ft 1 in)

South Africa 1.690 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) 1.590 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Nigerian men came out to be the shortest in this list. I find this a little strange - obviously there are issues that undermine the data (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_height). And yes, I know it's Wikipedia. But hmm, undecided

Those Nigerian stats are based on a study conducted in a small village in Nigeria were all the people were suffering from a bone defect. Those stats are as good as rubbish, they’re not based on any legitimate data, and anyone with an ounce of sense would know that they’re false.

Based on those height averages, I must be a freak of nature; moreover, I’ve NEVER met a 5ft 4 Nigerian man before!

If you want to know the real height of the average Nigerian male, just look at our football team. At the last world cup, the Nigerian National Team was the second tallest at the event!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

....... / My Strange Experience With A Lady; She Almost Died In My Residence. / Lessons I Learnt From My Heartbreak Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.