Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY (11737 Views)

Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? / Men! So What I Watched In 50 Shades Of Grey Happens Real.. / Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 10:50am On May 23, 2012
rdokoye:

Those Nigerian stats are based on a study conducted in a small village in Nigeria were all the people were suffering from a bone defect. Those stats are as good as rubbish, they’re not based on any legitimate data, and anyone with an ounce of sense would know that they’re false.

Moreover, based on those height averages, I must be a freak of nature; moreover, I’ve NEVER met a 5ft 4 Nigerian man before!

If you want to know the real height of the average Nigerian male, just look at our football team. At the last world cup, the Nigerian National Team was the second tallest at the event!
Interesting. . .
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by queensmith: 10:51am On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I don't fight ladies, abi ibo lo ti ri mi ki n ja obirin.
I just want to know why she hates Ekiti so much nau

hate ekiti can? who can hate it, the food is too divine! *salivates* what I will do for some ekiti made egunsi right now!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by queensmith: 10:53am On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Nnenna1: I came across this interesting piece in wikipedia about the average human height per country in the world, and did a tally of the reported heights from Some African countries. See below:

Male Female

Nigeria 1.638 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in) 1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Mali 1.713 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in) 1.604 m (5 ft 3 in)

Cameroon 1.706 m (5 ft 7 in) 1.613 m (5 ft 3 1⁄2 in)

Cote D'Ivoire 1.701 m (5 ft 7 in) 1.591 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Ghana 1.695 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) 1.585 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Gambia 1.680 m (5 ft 6 in) 1.578 m (5 ft 2 in)

Malawi 1.660 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in) 1.550 m (5 ft 1 in)

South Africa 1.690 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in) 1.590 m (5 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Nigerian men came out to be the shortest in this list. I find this a little strange - obviously there are issues that undermine the data (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_height). And yes, I know it's Wikipedia. But hmm,

If you look at the source even Chinese, Vietnamese and Mexican men one-upped Nigerians.

You just have to love science. . . . .it can prove absolutely anything!

well there we have it, Nigerian men are short and twiggy! case closed!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Dagods(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2012
Put am 4 reverse,naija gals 2 short,busty,naughty,& full of stretchmarks, 80% of dem r bellow 5"6. How about dat?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 12:13pm On May 23, 2012
^
Here we go
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2012
Dagods: Put am 4 reverse,naija gals 2 short,busty,naughty,& full of stretchmarks, 80% of dem r bellow 5"6. How about dat?
Seems everyone these days is a statistician. . .
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Dagods(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2012
Killz.:

@killz,stati-watever u like call am dat na grammar.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by richy5(m): 3:44pm On May 23, 2012
Still On dis Matter
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 23, 2012
Killz.:

Thy hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 23, 2012
Excuses I've read from Nlers about the stat:

1. It was conducted in a small village
2. It was conducted in 1994-1996 (even though the data is recent), even so, I guess 12 years later, evolution kicked in abi?
3. They were not Nigerian men, just village leprechauns lmao
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

hate ekiti can? who can hate it, the food is too divine! *salivates* what I will do for some ekiti made egunsi right now!
True that cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Excuses I've read from Nlers about the stat:

1. It was conducted in a small village
2. It was conducted in 1994-1996 (even though the data is recent), even so, I guess 12 years later, evolution kicked in abi?
3. They were not Nigerian men, just village leprechauns lmao
3 years ago, you were 5'4 dammit. . . angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 23, 2012
Killz.:

3 years ago, you were 5'4 dammit. . . angry

The people documented were well above their "growing" period, I'm still growing in my very early 20s.
And 12 years later, are you saying some kind of tropical evolution hit Nigeria to make ALL the men above 6'0?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

The people documented were well above their "growing" period, I'm still growing in my very early 20s.
And 12 years later, 18 years later are you saying some kind of tropical evolution hit Nigeria to make ALL the men above 6'0?
I think a new case study should be in place and since you were working with a 16-18 year old data, the title of the thread should have been

"Why were Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy". wink

How old were you when this study was conducted? 5?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 23, 2012
Killz.:

I think a new case study should be in place and since you were working with a 16-18 year old data, the title of the thread should have been

"Why were Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy". wink

How old were you when this study was conducted? 5?

Sorry sweetie, height does not just change like that.
On avg, that's the typical height for a Nigerian man.
Makes me wonder, how tall are you sef? Don't lie o
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 23, 2012
The same chart still being used in today's world.
If scientist feel that height can just drastically change like that (like population), there would an annual data collection.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Killz1(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Sorry sweetie, height does not just change like that.
On avg, that's the typical height for a Nigerian man.
Makes me wonder, how tall are you sef? Don't lie o
5'7
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 23, 2012
Killz.:

5'7

Ok
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 6:02pm On May 23, 2012
If you are a guy and you are short, go and pay development fee to your Local Government Chairman and you will grow again
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by warrior101: 10:45pm On May 25, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

You've not seen me in real life smiley I'm 6'6 wink cheesy

Lie lie. I have seen your pix b4.. You nor even near 6ft talkless 6'6
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 5:08am On May 26, 2012
warrior101:

Lucky dude
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by KINGwax(m): 5:20am On May 26, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Hmm. . . .

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who has observed this disappointing phenomenon.

Example:

Whizkid

*I know say dem go insult me for here, my ppl no wan tackle the message, na the messenger dem wan kill.
i'm thinkin it's time u forgo stilleto..it deceives u. Let's talk abt banky, elde, idris, 2face, dbanj, don jay..we might overlook Mi or wande cole though..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 5:28am On May 26, 2012
warrior101:

You've seen nothing.

Dude I'm 5'7, you're 5'8. . . .in two yrs I might possibly surpass you. You're one short man, but it's not a crime kiss
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 5:30am On May 26, 2012
KINGwax: i'm thinkin it's time u forgo stilleto..it deceives u. Let's talk abt banky, elde, idris, 2face, dbanj, don jay..we might overlook Mi or wande cole though..

Athh there ppl are either short/fat, twiggy/mid-height. Sadly, no sexy built.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by warrior101: 7:57am On May 26, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

You've seen nothing.

Dude I'm 5'7, you're 5'8. . . .in two yrs I might possibly surpass you. You're one short man, but it's not a crime kiss

in your dreams... and who told you i have stopped growing?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 8:31am On May 26, 2012
Will you both cut it out?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by queensmith: 9:17am On May 26, 2012
Killz.:

Lol- statisticians that ignore data and extract trends from inside their arses. Nairaland in all it's glory!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 5:18am On May 27, 2012
warrior101:

in your dreams... and who told you i have stopped growing?

I hope you have not stopped sha.

No need to get mad about this o. Chillax, my 5'8 brother.

Mynd_44: Will you both cut it out?

You go dash us knife?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 6:46am On May 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I hope you have not stopped sha.

No need to get mad about this o. Chillax, my 5'8 brother.

You go dash us knife?
Hell I will give you a chain saw
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Nobody: 6:53am On May 27, 2012
I trust you.

Makes the amputation faster/ cleaner.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by Mynd44: 7:06am On May 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I trust you.

*evil Laughter*
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Short And Twiggy: CASE STUDY by warrior101: 5:04am On May 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I trust you.

This is where you asked for it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Strange Experience With A Lady; She Almost Died In My Residence. / Lessons I Learnt From My Heartbreak Experience / .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.