Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night (27512 Views)

Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) / Why Do Some Girls Cry When A Man Propose To Them???? / Why Do Girls Cry After A Break Up And Men Don't? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nayah(f): 1:34pm On May 24, 2012
Op for sure! they're also human and their beauty does not protect them from sorrow

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:04pm On May 24, 2012
Most of the pretty girls are quite snobbish, maybe they think that their beauty is a passport to be nasty and dis-respect guys who come with the right intentions.
No wonder, the 'plain jane' is always on the winning side.

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 24, 2012
this topic sucks..................

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by rabzy: 3:08pm On May 24, 2012
Yeah everyone has woes, the rich also cry...but i prefer the rich man's cry to the poor man's wailing.

Preety girls must face some hard times, but even compare it to what some girls on the other end have to face. Do you know the number of preety girls that got a job just because they look better than the other lady...

Am sure you are happy that you are pretty and not the other way round but thanks for telling us what you 'faced'
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Parnassuss(m): 3:17pm On May 24, 2012
Killz.:
Abegi abegi make i hear. . . MOST times, they are the cause of their tears. majority of pretty girls are snobbish and rude and crass and proud and act as if they don't give a fcck. . . especially the wealthy ones. . .

Pls pls pls, if you are pretty and don't behave in that manner, fine and good for you. Speak for yourself. We all have experienced one or two things from the pretty ones, so don't come here and defend anyone and make generalizing statements about them being the opposite of what i already think they are. I know how to read and understand people and so do others. No one will play on my intelligence. How many pretty girls are humble? They are in the minority. . . If i meet a pretty girl that is the opposite of the stereotype, trust me, i'll know.

If they cry at night, that shows they are also human like the rest. And they should do what other humans do. . . Clean their fccking eyes!
Nice thread. . . cool

Speak on brother! As if pretty men don't cry at night too grin grin grin. Ahem, I am not speaking from experience though, I'm not a pretty man, I'm a beautiful one.

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon: Poster God bless you! I tell you, although it can be quite fun sometimes, at other times, I wish, despeartely wish I was Just a plain Jane!

Lwkmd at this advertisment grin

4 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nayah(f): 3:21pm On May 24, 2012
Parnassuss:

Speak on brother! As if pretty men don't cry at night too grin grin grin. Ahem, I am not speaking from experience though, I'm not a pretty man, I'm a beautiful one.
What a confidence!...you right tough grin
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sugardiva(f): 3:22pm On May 24, 2012
Funny thread. Subscribing

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by lasgidiboy1: 3:28pm On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon: Poster God bless you! I tell you, although it can be quite fun sometimes, at other times, I wish, despeartely wish I was Just a plain Jane!

Who told lied to you? shocked

How do you know you're pretty? undecided
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by lasgidiboy1: 3:30pm On May 24, 2012
Nayah: Op for sure! they're also human and their beauty does not protect them from sorrow

You're a genius!!

You're pretty, but still not trying not to blow your own trumpet like the ugly ones are doing..

I admire your humbleness, ma.. God bless you. kiss

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by johnstar(m): 3:31pm On May 24, 2012
Nonsense, so dis tn entr front page undecided
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by lasgidiboy1: 3:33pm On May 24, 2012
How do you define beauty??

Beauty is not just physical attributes (most people here are not even beautiful on the outside), but also what you have got inside.

I thought it was going to be an interesting topic, but nah, narcissists have taken over..

Stop talking about yourself, we don't care.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by jeddyMay(f): 3:33pm On May 24, 2012
honeric01: So all of una dey claim "pretty" now abi? SMH tongue

Abi na, beauty is in d eyes of d beholder. I can decide to be my own beholder.LWKM

3 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ekpoma! U dey vex o! Lmaooooo!!!

Ntoooooi! next time u won't threaten to kill me. tongue cheesy
Bado! See as u spoil 190 runs.... Dat gal don dey trip now
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 24, 2012
dianah: When I was about thirteen years old, I read a novel by Merrill Joan Gerber entitled, [b]EVEN PRETTY GIRLS CRY AT NIGHT [/b]and it gave me a different perspective, for me it just affirmed the saying that the grass always looks greener on the other persons lawn.

Pretty girls are mainly thought to be snobs, not because they are any more than the next person, but because sometimes people are so intimidated by their looks, that they never give them a fair say before judging them, which is quite unfair.
You know how tall people or skinny people get teased endlessly especially as a growing teen? You get called palm tree, tally, longy, lepa and all sorts and they (my very humble self being a victim) smile and take the taunts, but God help you is you call someone short shorty or a fat person fatty and everyone descends on you for being insensitive! I don’t get it!

•I know at parties, sometimes you find the pretty girls without a dance partner, guess why? Most times guys assume they are stuck up and will say no , so they settle for the homely girls while little-miss-pretty sits in a corner acting like she doesn’t care, but inside she almost wishes she could be ordinary so people do not get intimidated, kinda explains why some aint married too. If a pretty girl approaches her 30’s and is unmarried, people assume she is too selective that’s why she is still single, but if miss-not- so –pretty is single, people sympathise and say, Oh, she is such a nice girl, hope she finds someone! Double standards if you ask me.
•I will also use a scenario that deals with races, you know how blacks keep acting like they are so hated by the whites, but they themselves treat the white with disdain saying its because their fore fathers were wronged, please get a life! People are individuals and should be treated as such. Sometimes we just wallow in so much self pity, that we fail to see a good thing even when it hits us SMACK! In the face.
•And also think about how people who are poor seem to think they have an exclusive right to heaven, Hello! Being poor does not mean you will go to heaven, if you act like a devil, you will be miserable here and in the life after as well, so instead of judging your rich boss or neighbor and assuming he made his money through crooked means, why don’t you live like Christ would want you to and pray that God almighty blesses the works of your hand, rather than self righteously wallowing in poverty!

Anyway, my thoughts are based on the fact that sometimes we treat a certain class of people unfairly because in certain aspects of life they seem highly favoured already, could be physically, intellectually, socially, or financially. I think we should accord everyone same treatment, what is referred to as the curtesy of Christ. Before people start saying it doesn’t make sense and all the usual stories, na my blog, and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don’t like it, leave a comment or go create your own blog! Shikena!

ps: for all the tall skinny teens who were /are teased as kids, trust me when u grow older and fill out in all the right places everyone starts saying you are hot and look like a super model, trust me, i speak from experience *wink*

visit: www.dianahsplace.info
Follow on twitter: @dianahsplace
Very true, but as I grew older, I made it compulsory that I as those class of girls out and make them feel normal-I never complement their finess. I praise other things in them. My present girl is 6ft plus, complete model in every sense. But I saw through it all and asked her out. I am over 6ft too so I guess the height doesn't really count much between us.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Boluyong1: 3:55pm On May 24, 2012
Killz.:
Abegi abegi make i hear. . . MOST times, they are the cause of their tears. majority of pretty girls are snobbish and rude and crass and proud and act as if they don't give a fcck. . . especially the wealthy ones. . .

Pls pls pls, if you are pretty and don't behave in that manner, fine and good for you. Speak for yourself. We all have experienced one or two things from the pretty ones, so don't come here and defend anyone and make generalizing statements about them being the opposite of what i already think they are. I know how to read and understand people and so do others. No one will play on my intelligence. How many pretty girls are humble? They are in the minority. . . If i meet a pretty girl that is the opposite of the stereotype, trust me, i'll know.

If they cry at night, that shows they are also human like the rest. And they should do what other humans do. . . Clean their fccking eyes!
Nice thread. . . cool

@Killz: Nice one meen... I totally agree with u. These pretty girls know they are pretty so it gets into their head, they also 'form' a lot for guyz then they bite their nails before they sleep at night full of wishes... Well, I also think it's an African thing especially Nigeria, I have had the privilege of interacting with pretty ladies of different races and culture but most Africans I encountered didn't really cut it of which Nigeria seems to be even worse than the rest of Africa. Swedish girls are extremely pretty and very friendly and British girls rarely deceive guys, they'll tell u on the spot before u go far "emm, I ve a boyfriend or Hey mate, i'm not interested", Caribbean ladies are open, Kenyan girls are very homely etc but most Nigerian girls appear to be materialistic, pretentious and too flashy forgetting that you could get a sweet and down-to-earth lady 10 times more beautiful than her in Sweden without much stress WHY? Because they(British, Swedish etc) are intelligent, self-confident and have foresight so they don't have to spend much time before they know who you are or what u want or be telling you 'superstory' like most Nigerian girls do ("Im not that interested for now but lets be friend", "emmm I'll think about it" and all those trash - sorry to say, but it is tho) .. Well, its all about Mentality and I'm usually not sorry for Nigerian girls that ends up losing out at the end of the day because guys, handsome or not are stereotyped to, you hear them saying "all men are the same" and all sort which are sincerely not true so @sweetlemon as @killz said, you can only speak for yourself. You don't know how difficult it is for most guys to summon courage to approach talk less of talking so ladies try to be open and approachable. This issue I think its majorly a factor the Nigerian mentality or attitude. I'm writing from Senegal and Senegalese ladies are really beautiful and waaaaaayyyyy! not like Nigerian girls, they are sweet, sharp and "happening" so Nigerian girls should maybe find a way of working on their attitude or do some self-talk and bear in mind that beauty fades and the female clock is very short.. Sorry Nigerian girls, but its true... @killz: Nice one again @Sweetlemon: Good topic. Au revoir!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by joanana(f): 4:00pm On May 24, 2012
Killz.:

Nice thread. . . cool

Killz take it easy abi!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Yeah I do. Sometimes its just so depressing! Funny isn't? But I'v leant to make God my rock and that is why I'm still standing.

Hahahaha, 190 is the wrongest person to lean on, u will cry the more, that guy is not a heart break but a heart Burster grin
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 24, 2012
Funny topic!

But seriously, who don't cry(Yeah, I know the 'cry' in the topic was used figuratively wink)?

The rich also 'cry', and the toughest guy in the world do 'cry' sometimes as well.. That's what makes us human in first place. If you don't 'cry' - then something is definitely wrong with you.

Back to the essay:

I don't think people are more intimidated by pretty girls, than they're unattracted to ugly girls.. It's a mind thing, and pretty girls are the most sensitive, and insecure girls out there.. Just call them ugly, and all hell will break loose.. grin

Pretty girls want people to tell them how pretty they look everyday, but seriously, who has time for all that?? The faster pretty girls realize that being pretty don't really count in the modern world where everyone is trying to survive - the better for the 'crying' they do every night... grin

PS, next time you're writing your fictional fallacy - keep race out of it.. You don't know nothing about race relation, and how being maltreated directly for so long - and still being done in indirectly can affect how people view the oppressors...

This thrash shouldn't even be on the frontpage anyways. undecided

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 4:13pm On May 24, 2012
Lasgidi boy, I know your game plan here but trust me, its not gonna work.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Tinax(f): 4:14pm On May 24, 2012
@op u'r so right...while in sec schl i was calld all sorts of names..like "omo-oga, dongo, langa-langa etc...makes me feel so sad those days , at times i hv to exempt myself frm some social scl activits...but nw am enjoyin every bit of it...though still faces some challenges once in a while mostly frm girls.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 24, 2012
dianah: When I was about thirteen years old, I read a novel by Merrill Joan Gerber entitled, [b]EVEN PRETTY GIRLS CRY AT NIGHT [/b]and it gave me a different perspective, for me it just affirmed the saying that the grass always looks greener on the other persons lawn.

Pretty girls are mainly thought to be snobs, not because they are any more than the next person, but because sometimes people are so intimidated by their looks, that they never give them a fair say before judging them, which is quite unfair.
You know how tall people or skinny people get teased endlessly especially as a growing teen? You get called palm tree, tally, longy, lepa and all sorts and they (my very humble self being a victim) smile and take the taunts, but God help you is you call someone short shorty or a fat person fatty and everyone descends on you for being insensitive! I don’t get it!

•I know at parties, sometimes you find the pretty girls without a dance partner, guess why? Most times guys assume they are stuck up and will say no , so they settle for the homely girls while little-miss-pretty sits in a corner acting like she doesn’t care, but inside she almost wishes she could be ordinary so people do not get intimidated, kinda explains why some aint married too. If a pretty girl approaches her 30’s and is unmarried, people assume she is too selective that’s why she is still single, but if miss-not- so –pretty is single, people sympathise and say, Oh, she is such a nice girl, hope she finds someone! Double standards if you ask me.
•I will also use a scenario that deals with races, you know how blacks keep acting like they are so hated by the whites, but they themselves treat the white with disdain saying its because their fore fathers were wronged, please get a life! People are individuals and should be treated as such. Sometimes we just wallow in so much self pity, that we fail to see a good thing even when it hits us SMACK! In the face.
•And also think about how people who are poor seem to think they have an exclusive right to heaven, Hello! Being poor does not mean you will go to heaven, if you act like a devil, you will be miserable here and in the life after as well, so instead of judging your rich boss or neighbor and assuming he made his money through crooked means, why don’t you live like Christ would want you to and pray that God almighty blesses the works of your hand, rather than self righteously wallowing in poverty!

Anyway, my thoughts are based on the fact that sometimes we treat a certain class of people unfairly because in certain aspects of life they seem highly favoured already, could be physically, intellectually, socially, or financially. I think we should accord everyone same treatment, what is referred to as the curtesy of Christ. Before people start saying it doesn’t make sense and all the usual stories, na my blog, and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don’t like it, leave a comment or go create your own blog! Shikena!

ps: for all the tall skinny teens who were /are teased as kids, trust me when u grow older and fill out in all the right places everyone starts saying you are hot and look like a super model, trust me, i speak from experience *wink*

visit: www.dianahsplace.info
Follow on twitter: @dianahsplace

WOW!!! What a sweet, entertaining, thrilling, informative, hilarious, and in fact everything confession....@poster you really carried out your research very well...and same goes to men....ladies also do commit some generalization falacy when it involves men like- assuming that all rich guys play, assuming that all comfortable/working class handsome guys have girlfriends or are playboys, assuming that all men that have hit the age of 27 and above must have slept with a girl or been in a relationship, etc, etc....God bless your wisdom.....just about visiting your website right away....thumbs up!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 4:17pm On May 24, 2012
ogbeche77:
Bado! See as u spoil 190 runs.... Dat gal don dey trip now

Hehehehe! Na hin dey do himself.

Tinax: @op u'r so right...while in sec schl i was calld all sorts of names..like "omo-oga, dongo, langa-langa etc...makes me feel so sad those days , at times i hv to exempt myself frm some social scl activits...but nw am enjoyin every bit of it...though still faces some challenges once in a while mostly frm girls.

Na wa o! See gals coming out vain! So dey bully you bcus u pretty,is dat d message?
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by mipemi(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2012
Yh...ur really right....been to a lot of parties and seen d so called pretty girls been left out...and as 4 d poor man...well dey say an idle man is d devil's workshop
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Basildon1(m): 4:34pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Bubbbbba! Wia u bin? I no burn cable o! Nepa cut hin light ni o! He didn't pay his bills cheesy

Sweets, I bn here. Just low key as usual, u know nah!

Killz.:

EPIC!!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by victorazy(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2012
Is a big lie, pretty girls never cry at night, for what na! Only d ugly ones cry @ night and I have my 101 reasons to give if u ask me.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 24, 2012
Who cares if they cry all day?
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 4:41pm On May 24, 2012
victorazy: Is a big lie, pretty girls never cry at night, for what na! Only d ugly ones cry @ night and I have my 101 reasons to give if u ask me.
Na fight? Chill na! Dis wan u carry sword wan fight chicken, it Neva reach Robin hood paroles o! Oya state ur reasons gently........

Basildon1:

Sweets, I bn here. Just low key as usual, u know nah!
EPIC!!
Always watching! Up ur key joor! I don miss u small na
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Shinatu: 4:45pm On May 24, 2012
[b][/b]
rabzy: Yeah everyone has woes, the rich also cry...but i prefer the rich man's cry to the poor man's wailing.

Preety girls must face some hard times, but even compare it to what some girls on the other end have to face. Do you know the number of preety girls that got a job just because they look better than the other lady...

Am sure you are happy that you are pretty and not the other way round but thanks for telling us what you 'faced'

Most girls who get jobs because they are pretty are those ready to play ball, for those not ready to do that, they may remain jobless for long.

Randy men would constantly make passes at you, those who are responsible are mostly highly religious so they want to prove to themselves and the whole world that they are not moved by what you look like so you are left with nothing if you are not at least above average in intelligence/brain.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by jeffman(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2012
so true. a pretty friend of mine once opened up to me about what OP said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Most Tattooed Nigerian Ladies Aggressively Rude, Unreliable&Promiscuous? / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.