Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (99277 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by abes(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
Most planes you see around Iju axis are Lagos bound, so definitely the plane must be from 'Abuja' to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
It's pchucking foul play..

Phuck all Nigerian leaders, for real..

Why are these people killing innocent Nigerians..
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by naija4change(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by aljharem(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
very very sad. God please comfort the families involved and have mercy on us still living. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Very painful,

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by aljharem(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
I hope the crash does not have to do with the regulatory bodies angry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Ivynwa(f): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
Jeez and we are still reeling from yesterday's crash. Why do such crashes come in droves?
153 persons, I hope there are survivors and 153 persons won't have to go like that.
God have mercy!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
OK=2=NV:
planes don't just fall from the sky.
weather was good today. Mechanical and pilot error cannot be ruled out now but i smell a boko hand in this.

Say that again!!!!

Planes don't fall from the sky like that.. Heck, even helicopters don't fall from the sky like that.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
OK=2=NV:
weather was good today. Mechanical and pilot error cannot be ruled out now but i smell a boko hand in this.

Guy, i am with you on this totally.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Xbox1: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

I'm not being sarcastic.. But planes don't crash in densely populated areas no matter the technical problem - unless the pilot is either drunk, or dead..

Planes are not like cars, you know?

I smell a foul play.

Please always say what u know, Am a pilot, plane can crash anywhere, depending where the problem developed, if a plane develope a promblem like engine failure or control failure during takeoff, and the airport takeoff runway is faced opposite where a densely populated area, the plane is surely going to crash in the mist of people
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by monkeyleg: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
The direction of the flight needs to be confirmed both BBC and Aljazeera say it is Lagos to Abuja
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
J12: I'm sick and tired of the way we tolerate mediocrity in nigeria even in fragile sectors as aviation. Situations like these are highly avoidable if the authorities were doing their jobs! Its a shame we didn't learnt our lessons during the sosoliso and bellview crashes a few years back.
The cause of this crash can't be far fetched- its either the plane was faulty or the pilot wasn't experienced enough. What else might have caused it, if not for mediocre standards? The weather was fair, so you cant blame the weather.
If we continue to celebrate mediocrity, incidents like these would occur again in the future, but at what cost? The blood of innocent citizens? This country is not moving forward because of mediocrity, injustice, corruption and tribalism. We need to change
RIP to all the passengers and consolations to their loved ones.

Based on the above, one would assume planes don't crash in the US or other advanced countries angry angry

Much as the country is bad, but you've got to admit that those Pilots and other crew members also have a life to live and look forward to. They do not set out to fly to their deaths. They do take personal responsibilities for deciding to fly a plane that is not air-worthy. It i snot only the sector that is bedeviled with mediocrity, the people have now accepted it as a way of life. Now it is always "God willing", "God protect us", "Prayer would guide you"!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by AnotherOkija: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
WHO TO BLAME!!

1. BLAME THE GOVERNMENT: Who are we kidding here?! There is an agency that is supposed to be in charge of checking these airlines and their planes.. They are supposed to monitor their services and maintainance records.. But you and I know that they barely even know how a plane works let alone maintain one.. What about the conditions under which these planes fly?! NO ELECTRICITY at the airports.. How many time do we hear of planes landing blind (No control tower).. What about service handling?! Do you know that every aircraft has a FACTOR OF SAFETY in terms of weight loading?! WE HAVE ALL SEEN handlers shave off weight just to save passengers the cost of excess luggage payment.. This is only putting passengers at risk.. If a plane is too heavy, it will fall out of the sky... NEMA.. Emergency response!! I laugh at this group!! Sosoliso crashed on the tarmac in Rivers State and by the time NEMA responded, virtually all the passengers had burnt to death.. OPERATIONAL COST.. The government charges these airlines so much in taxes and levies meanwhile most of the short comings of the airlines is due to the fact that the airlines have to handle some of the responsibilities of the government..

2. BLAME THE AIRLINES: They cut so many corners all in the name of making money.. I have been on an Arik flight that had no Air conditioning.. Now I could only imagine that if they were cutting corners on something as basic as air conditioning, then whatelse are they cutting corners on?!

3. BLAME THE PASSENGERS: We pay the bribes for our luggages to cut weighing and get loaded.. We keep mum and dont complain or sue these airlines for their excesses.. Instead we survive a crash and go "THANK GOD".

The skies in Nigeria are not safe.. The plane that crashed yesterday in Accra flew out of Nigeria.. Imagine that!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Are you educated at all? Do planes just crash like that because of a technical problem?

I don't care how old the plane is, planes don't just drop from the sky like that...

What's an accident to you? A planned occurrence or unforeseen event? If it is something he could control while not steer back to airport and safely "crashed". Did it occur to you that same pilot might have managed same planes with all tricks but had to give way at that point? Keep your education to yourselves.

What we should be doing now is calling, for those in Naija, all people who can safely move those still alive to abode of safety.
Julius Berger would be begged to come in once again. What a country!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
Can someone pls confirm location of where the plane is coming from or going to.
na wa o! i actually commented on the ghana air crash today and thanked God it wasnt in naija cos of tb joshua's prophecy.lilttle did i know dat today is nigeria's turn to witness an air crash.smh! lord pls save us o!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sijo01(f): 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
OMG!
I cant beliv dis came to pass.
God hv mercy!
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Are you educated at all? Do planes just crash like that because of a technical problem?

I don't care how old the plane is, planes don't just drop from the sky like that...

If only they could get a hold of the black box and there is an investigation into this, it will help. Please we need to know what exactly happened.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
i cant imagine myself shedding tears seeing those people, i or you could have been on that flight. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Vernor(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
MAY GOD GRANT THEIR SOUL ETERNAL REST. FEAR DON DE CATCH ME TO FLY OO

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by aljharem(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
OK=2=NV:

I really hope this is not boko haram angry angry angry angry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

Says who? The last passenger plane crash that occured in abuja crashed on air.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by KayDee4: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
cryptic: while you have made some points, did you intentionally include the bolded part to spark off religious arguments or do you have a Logical, axiomatic proof for your assertion? Well, it is easy to say that your pop's sper.m fertilized our mum's ovum. Dude, keep your opinion to yourself. This is a public forum and you should know better than include such controversial comments in your compositions.

I tire for the guy, cos the emphasis of his post was about the "non-existence of God" .
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by zumbigbo(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Add the Naija cargo plane that kiled our Ghanaian brothers yesterday too...see ghanaweb.com to get a flavour of their oppobrium over 9ja plane maintenance. For all our big talk, we cannot even carry ourselves safely from A to B. Our aviation record is risible in terms of the protection of lives. Road na same ting. Stay in one place for too long, na Boko Haram. I go build subterranean bunker tonight!

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by opee1231(f): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
omg not again.... yesterday ws one now anoda... bomb blast in bauchi... God please where is Your face of Mercy oo...
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by patuli64(f): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
dis pple in dis country sef, dana air runs almost all d major cities in nig everyday wit just 5 planes tell me ow d planes r maintained witout ruining their daily schedules also bauchi was hit today by boko haram sect just mins b4 d crash, ow r we sure it wasnt dem targeting lag... i just picked up my sister xter from d airport in abj nd she used dana air.... hmmmm.... God is faithful to my family but ow bout d families of those that where involved, not just d rich dat could afford d flight but also d poor pple dat were having family time in their ouses dis sunday afternoon and d plane ran into their ouses... hmmmm.... dis corruption in dis country is killing us from all angles.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is just too sad to take in.. Can't believe I had to shed a tear...

Phuck Nigeria and those useless, and corrupt leaders..

This has foul play written all over it..

You sheeple can believe whatever the phuck you want to believe...

God bless the dead!!!

I'm out!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by agiboma(f): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
this is very sad, ohh g-d the poor families, something happened in flight i hope an investigation will follow, if only that can happen.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

I'm not being sarcastic.. But planes don't crash in densely populated areas no matter the technical problem - unless the pilot is either drunk, or dead..

I told a friend here as well. If the plane was in the air for 4hours then the Atlantic would have been the best option since its so close and there would be survivors. God knows best.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by freecocoa(f): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
Kai i can't even cry.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by muhdT: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
The plane crashed around 3:45pm. This is due to negligence and inability of the airline operators to buy quality and new air plane but rather saving cost with human lives. The same Dana Air was reported with emergency landing on the 11th of may, 2012, and just few weeks after (today) it get crashed,. Did NCAA queried Dana Air for emergency landing on 11th of may, 2012? Did Dana Air make appropriate maintenance and predictive maintenance to their airlines? A lot need to be ask about because we can't continue folding our hands and some folks making millions without saving their customers lives. I was on an Aero airline plane bound lagos to abuja few weeks ago, the plane was shaking and vibrating on its runaway as if we were on lagos - ibadan expressway potholes. A lot need to be done in the aviation sector rather than wasting billions of naira on few kilometres runaway. May their soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
monkeyleg: The direction of the flight needs to be confirmed both BBC and Aljazeera say it is Lagos to Abuja

I used to stay in Agege a while back, in fact, from the balcony of the house, I could see the local airport runways. If the plane crashes at Iju in Agege, then it is on its way to the Airport.

It could however have been flying from Lagos to Abuja, developed a fault and tried going back to the airport before it crashed. But definitely, it was on its way back to the Lagos airport as of the time of the crash
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
Biggyd2:

If only they could get a hold of the black box and there is an investigation into this, it will help. Please we need to know what exactly happened.

Will they allow investigation in Nigeria?

That's the million dollar question..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.