Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? (8439 Views)

Man Beats Up Girlfriend After Promising Her Money But Only Gave Her Sex / Guys, Never You Lend Money To A Lady!!! / When He Asks You To Lend Him Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by beblessed(f): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2012
I will give any amount i can afford to give. I believe in sharing ALL dat i hv wit my partner, because i should know his abilities by now. If money finish through him, we go drink d garri n groundnut togetherwink!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by drzed: 11:13am On Jun 07, 2012
For me the keyword here is 'girlfriend'.

If she was his wife, then he can 'borrow' her the money but a man who really loves his wife wont actually expect it back. In marriage, all is for one and one is for all. His things are hers and her things are his, at least technically and in many instances, practically.

As for the girlfriend, what if she dumps him tomorrow?
So the question now for the person in dilemma is: just how much does he TRUST this babe to deliver the money she borrowed?
Therefore, the person who is involved should make his decision based on TRUST (i.e. use your head) and not on LOVE (i.e. dont use your heart).

Of course there are some people wealthy enough to lend out this kind of money without even remembering (e.g. Dangote's pikin). But for most of us mere mortals, N750,000 no be small money o. It can wreck many people's lives and I am sure the person concerned asked for advice because the money matters to him a lot. So use your head and not your heart. Give her the money ONLY if you TRUST her to pay back.

Or better yet, give it to her indirectly. Tell her you dont have that kind of money, but you can talk to someone (e.g. your Area Fada uncle or your Agbero senior brother). Then hire one snarling, teeth-grinding, red-eyed, mustachioed, biceped and triceped no-nonsense-looking guy to pose as the borrower. That is insurance for you.

Thank me later, when she has returned it to you.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by slimyem: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2012
ayobase:

Im seeing a sooo wife material here.
So u are not all d same.
Seeing a brighter side of our SLIMYEM today!
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 11:22am On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: cheesycheesycheesycheesy

gerrout what is making you happy

he will see the true slimyem after you go visiting that ganja joint with that gay boy.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Ibime(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk:
A friend of mine's girlfriend is demanding from him a loan of N750,000 to go and shop in Uk for her shop in Nigeria for. summer. He came to seek my advance and I bluntly kicked against it. Maybe because of past experiences but I will rather give as a gift any amount to a partner rather than borrow.

Ladies and Gentlemen, is your partner Credit Worthy? Can you lend him/her money or go into any business transaction with him/her?

N750,000 would barely get your friends wife through her living expense while in UK.

I doubt she would UK with much goods for her shop.

If N750k is so important to your friend, he should not gamble it on this project.

@ topic,

Marriage is about giving, not lending. If me and my wife want to do anything at all, we will discuss it together and be in it together. There would be no loan, all the money would come from our joint savings account which we remit money to from our current accounts each month. I cannot imagine lending my wife money. I may lend her friend or family members money for which she must act as surety, and she may do the same with my friend or family members but my wife will never receive a loan from me with any repayment period or plan - that usually causes trouble in relationships when peeps fail to meet such repayments. During our courtship, about 4 years ago, I allowed her to use some of our joint savings to lend one of her uncles for election campaign. No doubt we never saw the money back as he lost the election, but this caused friction between me and in-laws when they came to charge me large dowry forgetting that one of their sons still owes me money. Last year, she allowed me to use same to lend to one of my friends who had to settle a funeral bill for his father and we received the money back no problem.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2012
Rocktation: I can lend money to anyone that is close to me and needs money. A neighbour, a friend, a church member. So why not my boyfriend? It all depends on the amount that they're asking for though. If it's one that can be easily forfeited, fine. But if not....I'll have to be really sure that they can pay back.
lend me 50k...
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Mayflowa(m): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2012
beblessed: I will give any amount i can afford to give. I believe in sharing ALL dat i hv wit my partner, because i should know his abilities by now. If money finish through him, we go drink d garri n groundnut togetherwink!

You are such a good woman!
Sadly, this altitude of yours is not good. You may easily be used and pushed around by fake men. You should be shrewd as a woman and decerning. That way you can lead the home front with your loyal support not gullible support!

Men are like babies, u have to handle them with care less u may live a miserable live. Don't accept anything that come ur way no matter how good u are. Be STRONG woman. Dont be a softy!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
Mayflowa:

You are such a good woman!
Sadly, this altitude of yours is not good. You may easily be used and pushed around by fake men. You should be shrewd as a woman and decerning. That way you can lead the home front with your loyal support not gullible support!

Men are like babies, u have to handle them with care less u may live a miserable live. Don't accept anything that come ur way no matter how good u are. Be STRONG woman. Dont be a softy!

Thumbs up bro!
A good advice of how to handle men even coming from a man.

Sometimes people let their emotions make them make life time regretable mistakes.

Not allowing a partner have all, or control their excesses doesn't mean you love them less.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by pdpiperpippen: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
What is d world turning to, my money belongs to my wife and vice verca, if we are just dating then it depends on peculiar circumstance of the case
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by dabrake(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
ayobase:

A gelfrnd, I will surely support her in any way I can, depending on how we relate.but giving her and not lending.

My wife? she gets whatever she needs.....may God help me.
What she has ARE mine, and what I have ARE hers!
Nobody shld challenge my principle here.
Ogugua!
i no dey take my wife play oh. Make i warn you 1st. I get hot temper
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Tobiegal(f): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
I don't lend...

I give my hubby if he needs it.

And would not even bother to ask for it back.

To answer your question: Yes, my Boo is credit worthy...though, i'd rather give than borrow.

cheers
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Cuddlemii: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
My colleague taught me a trick. When someone ask you for a loan, instead of giving them the amount they asked for, give them the amount you can part away with or help them with and ask them not to refund it that you are dashing them.

First of all, I doubt a guy I am dating or in a relationship with will ask me for a loan. I wont give it to him. It means we are running a fool-like relationship. You should make sure yourself and your boyfriend are hard workers who know how to fish. For instance, if your man is not boxed up, push him to be great and have saving for raining days. Teach him about investments and spending wisely. Challenge him to take opportunities that would enhance his pocket. Give him business ideas and write a business proposal for him if you have to. Get him contacts or even market his business just so that he can stand on his feet.

Well it also depends on the guy in question, is he nice, caring and generous? Does he stand by me through thick and thin? His behavior towards me in the past would determine my decision. I can drink garri with a man, wear bathroom slippers with him and above all, teach him how to fish and make it in life but will never hand my money to him because that would encourage him to be dependent and a ticket to further exploitation or shortcut. If he is my husband, I might depending on the circumstances because its very possible for a husband to use his wife's money for his mistress. I can pay directly for what my husband needs but handing him cash well till then, time would tell, that man must be a god or has earned it in all ramifications .
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
Mama still dey write essays ni? Abegiiiii! Rainy or dry day, U no go give ur guy money cus u stingy. Listen to urself, u will push him to great ideas how? Lets say ur guy comes to u in need cus he urgently needs to settle a tight corner, u'll say NO! And offer dis useless lecture abi? SMH!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by hixxx1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
girlfriend?!? guy, u want to end up like dana crash victims.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ugbebor(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
well lending your partner money is not good, you can dash your partner or friends money, because if the person fail to pay back, it will lead to enemy, even if u may have forgetting and forgiven the person, the person might not think so,rather he will always see himself as a debtor, when u greet him with good intention he will not answer you well, at time he may not want to see u at all,if both of u are coming from opposite direction, he may dodge if u have not see him , it is a difficult thing, ok.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by BijiAgam(f): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
i cant learn my patner money i will give him instead if i have it.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by koozy(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
Why would married couples be loaning each other money in the 1st place. Aren't they a unit? I don't get
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Basildon1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
Idowuogbo: Mama still dey write essays ni? Abegiiiii! Rainy or dry day, U no go give ur guy money cus u stingy. Listen to urself, u will push him to great ideas how? Lets say ur guy comes to u in need cus he urgently needs to settle a tight corner, u'll say NO! And offer dis useless lecture abi? SMH!
Idowuogbo, kindly recieve a hug for that. Me sef dey look the 20 line post ! Instead of just accepting that she doesnt lend out money, SIMPLE and STINGY. Even saying the husband must be a god or whatever?
this is about trusting your partner not to take advantage? His previous booming business suffers a setback due to some new legislation and extra funds are needed above his savings. U will start teaching him business ideas n savings abi
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by solelymade: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ask me next semester
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Basildon1:
Idowuogbo, kindly recieve a hug for that. Me sef dey look the 20 line post ! Instead of just accepting that she doesnt lend out money, SIMPLE and STINGY. Even saying the husband must be a god or whatever?
this is about trusting your partner not to take advantage? His previous booming business suffers a setback due to some new legislation and extra funds are needed above his savings. U will start teaching him business ideas n savings abi

U dis runaway boy don land again? Basi bebe! U dey mind am ni? Na so she dey always write d story of Noah and d ark o! Still d tin no dey ever make sense. Imagine! She will push him to great ideas u no! U sure no d tight ones wen u see dem.Mstewwwww!!!!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:

U dis runaway boy don land again? Basi bebe! U dey mind am ni? Na so she dey always write d story of Noah and d ark o! Still d tin no dey ever make sense. Imagine! She will push him to great ideas u no! U sure no d tight ones wen u see dem.Mstewwwww!!!!

Babe, You harsh oh!
Did she snatch your boyfriend ni?
Kwanu! See as you attack her.

Well I just feel she is making this judgement from past bitter experiences.
She might have been a victim of "lovelost" all due to financial mistrust.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk:

Babe, You harsh oh!
Did she snatch your boyfriend ni?
Kwanu! See as you attack her.

Well I just feel she is making this judgement from past bitter experiences.
She might have been a victim of "lovelost" all due to financial mistrust.

Abeg! Don't bring in assumptions jare! Wot past lovelost? Read her essay again and tell me wot u can deduce from it.

She is STINGY!!!!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by slimyem: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk:

gerrout what is making you happy

he will see the true slimyem after you go visiting that ganja joint with that gay boy.
wetin you dey talk?
....and who says the post makes me happy?
Abeg,go lick stew...
I nor dey for this your nonsense!cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by slimyem: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
Idowuogbo: Mama still dey write essays ni? Abegiiiii! Rainy or dry day, U no go give ur guy money cus u stingy. Listen to urself, u will push him to great ideas how? Lets say ur guy comes to u in need cus he urgently needs to settle a tight corner, u'll say NO! And offer dis useless lecture abi? SMH!
lmao!
Cuddle too like story sha...
Na only two line i read for her post con scroll down!
No time!
Lolcheesycheesy
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by acidtalk: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Abeg! Don't bring in assumptions jare! Wot past lovelost? Read her essay again and tell me wot u can deduce from it.

She is STINGY!!!!

Well let's just say, this is an open platform for different views and like they say, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. We can't all speak towards one direction. That's the beauty of life.

On the other hand, do you know a great percentage of people shouting "me and my partner are one", "why won't I?", "I will give and never request for a refund" are all going to be worse than her in reality?

Some people don't have now so they assume they are generous and humble. When they get small money you will see the wolf in that so called partner of yours.

You never know ANYONE (even yourself) until you test him with money.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: lmao!
Cuddle too like story sha...
Na only two line i read for her post con scroll down!
No time!
Lolcheesycheesy

O bedt mehn! grin grin

I no blame u sha...
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by IOludayo(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
I have learnt never to borrow people an amount of money which i can't afford to lose. & while I can make any sacrifice for my WIFE, her fiscal discipline\biz acumen must be excellent. Besides, I wl be an advisor in d venture, with access to her books, not because I want a repayment but because I didn't win a lottery or steal d money. I worked for it.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by emixmasters(m): 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
from experience i dont lend money to people even if you are my blood (stories always come up) so If i have it and i know you sincerely need it (whoever you are) i will let you have it no matter how much it is so far its not a burden on me. I can tell you there is no greater satisfaction than this...seeing another person smile. So i will not lend my partner money, in as much as its for good constructive use she will have as much as she wants so far i have it.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
beblessed: I will give any amount i can afford to give. I believe in sharing ALL dat i hv wit my partner, because i should know his abilities by now. If money finish through him, we go drink d garri n groundnut togetherwink!

Hmmmm!
I tot all our ladies have gone haywire before!
Im so surprise!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
drzed: For me the keyword here is 'girlfriend'.

If she was his wife, then he can 'borrow' her the money but a man who really loves his wife wont actually expect it back. In marriage, all is for one and one is for all. His things are hers and her things are his, at least technically and in many instances, practically.

As for the girlfriend, what if she dumps him tomorrow?
So the question now for the person in dilemma is: just how much does he TRUST this babe to deliver the money she borrowed?
Therefore, the person who is involved should make his decision based on TRUST (i.e. use your head) and not on LOVE (i.e. dont use your heart).

Of course there are some people wealthy enough to lend out this kind of money without even remembering (e.g. Dangote's pikin). But for most of us mere mortals, N750,000 no be small money o. It can wreck many people's lives and I am sure the person concerned asked for advice because the money matters to him a lot. So use your head and not your heart. Give her the money ONLY if you TRUST her to pay back.

Or better yet, give it to her indirectly. Tell her you dont have that kind of money, but you can talk to someone (e.g. your Area Fada uncle or your Agbero senior brother). Then hire one snarling, teeth-grinding, red-eyed, mustachioed, biceped and triceped no-nonsense-looking guy to pose as the borrower. That is insurance for you.

Thank me later, when she has returned it to you.

Guy u too sabi o!
If na gel wey no send u....
''you are on ur own'' she concluded!
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk:

Well let's just say, this is an open platform for different views and like they say, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. We can't all speak towards one direction. That's the beauty of life.

On the other hand, do you know a great percentage of people shouting "me and my partner are one", "why won't I?", "I will give and never request for a refund" are all going to be worse than her in reality?

Some people don't have now so they assume they are generous and humble. When they get small money you will see the wolf in that so called partner of yours.

You never know ANYONE (even yourself) until you test him with money.

I can only vouch for myself.I repeat y won't I help my guy? We keep forgetting some guys don't ask cus pride play a big role,so for my koboko to ask it must mean emergency..I would not give wiv d mind of returns,i will give cus I no he needs d support.I mean if u 1 y not? U can give without loving but you can't love without giving.
Re: Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? by ayobase(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
slimyem: cheesycheesycheesycheesy

Why should u edit my post...ehn?
no try me o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This Message Enough To Break Up With My Girlfriend..........*see Screenshot* / Why We Dont Reply PMS / Why is my vagina smelling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.