Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (29830 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
davidylan:

blabs, you shld cover your head in shame ye sons of your father the devil!

You quote a verse 4000yrs old to justify the barbaric actions of the Sudanese police? Just goes to prove that islam indeed is a mummified cult of the dark ages!

this from mr 'that happened 4000 years ago' so it doesnt count?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2007
oyb . . . when we say that mohammad married a 6yr old and would thus be charged for pedophilia and child abuse where he to have lived today you all chorus "oh that was arab culture in those days"! The same hypocrites like you however dont feel any shame for referencing 4000yr old facts to support the evil of the sudanese police?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2007
davidlyan. . .

please stop implying that i support the activities of the Sudanese police. if someone's life was not in danger, the whole thing would be hilarious.

cover YOUR head in shame - hypocritical , misled unbeleiver!

your religion - like I've always said - is a truly modern one - it keeps up with the times! ( gay priests/marriages , anyone?)
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Raimond(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
I had wanted to rest my case but this OYB is simply giving me the creeps, from which mango tree did u fall from? Go to nothern Nigeria,those mallams are practising the gay thing you talked about with reckless abandon, so what are you talking about angry
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Shinatu: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2007
I beg people this will not lead us anywhere, religious arguments have never led to anything.
Let us just focus on this woman in Sudan, it is just that it is difficult to do that without considering the fundamentals of what put her in this situation.

Thank God we are not seeing each other phisically, some punches would probably have been thrown!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
raimond -

be creeped -

point me to one muslim cleric that sanctifies /ordains gay marraige

nwando and davidlyan may be intelligent rabble rousers - you on the other - hand are just part of their 'follow follow rabble' . you are no better than the idiots who blindly follow the instructions of imams who should know better

you must not know Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury.

better crawl back under your stone, creepy-crawlie!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2007
We need an update on this woman.
I hope they have succumbed to the international outrage to set this innocent woman free.
just like pressuure set Amina Lawal free from stoning and a guy named Mohammed in Afghanistan free from beheading.
Pressure works.

By the time the west threatens to cut of their aid,they'll switch back to common sense.
Sadly it's just a matter time when the next news surfaces
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Davidylan: Why are you so quick to call people, son of this and daughter of that?
I can take mine and keep on rolling. But your attitude is really unbecoming! You think
you are the baby of the NL family, that everyone, will just have to take your abuse so
as not to make you cry? Stop it. This is real life.

Please grow up!

@Nwando: And you can wait for the next news? Like the Bad News Bear, uh! Please
behave!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by tayoccu(m): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2007
why do people do the silliest things in the name of religion?
people commit arson/murder/genocide/rape etc all in the name of religion.

GOD save us all.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2007
olabowale:

@Nwando: And you can wait for the next news? Like the Bad News Bear, uh! Please
behave!

far be it from me.
do I cause your brethren to strike?
They've always behaved true to type since the days of Mohammed.
We all pray to be far away when it happens.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by IDINRETE: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2007
i think she is shocked because it's a shocking thread.

Where is my friend Idinrete to contribute?

I was following the saga on BBC News by then I was very much assured that all hell would have broken loose about the whole incident in nairaland knowing my KIRIYO BROTHERS AND SISTERS  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

to be candid the facts remains that the Teacher did not named the OMOLANGIDI mohammed. the poor innocent children named the OMOLANGIDI[s][/s] as mohammed,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am now the Judge in this case and my judgment is that those children should be given 40 lashes of cane or be imprisoned or their parents should be compelled to pay the fines, mrs teacher should be banned from teaching ever again in Sudan or any muslim country and should be deported to UK forthwith, I have spoken,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

abo mire o combatant
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2007
@OYB
You demand so much respect 4 ur religion of peace, but u seem to have no respect for other peoples religion, the instance u gave ,is that the first tyme u heard bout gay episodes in this world, you smack of hypocrisy
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2007
Olabowole,I am highly dissapointed in your  sense of reasoning regarding this matter at hand.
This is about an Islamic ruling that has run amock.
I said this earlier,there are probably tens of thousands of lunatics running around naked bearing the name mohammed.
People who became insane by illness,drug-influence,head injuries,psychological trauma.

what say ye?
They are not fit to bear the name Mohammed?
There are also criminals named Mohammed,men who became criminal despite their name.
what do you say?
I had a patient,a homosexual from North Africa who wears female clothing with hips almost like mine,guess what his real name is?

What this woman is charged with defies all commonsense unless you tell me Muslims lack commomsense because that's what it sounds like.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2007
[size=1pt]WATCHING WITH KEEN INTERESTS[/size]  grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Nwando: Stand up for what is right, even if it is against you. But
as much I admire your courage, you are one sided and that is not
Halal. lol. I could use Kosher, you Halal is better.

How you dey. Its sunny here today. It never snow in Ga. The drought
thing is subsiding, yet?

From the mouth or pen of some people it is very easy to say Hell. But
that is a very horrible destination. We should fear God Who will use it
to punish the evil doors.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2007
idupaul:

@OYB
You demand so much respect 4 your religion of peace, but u seem to have no respect for other peoples religion, the instance u gave ,is that the first tyme u heard bout gay episodes in this world, you smack of hypocrisy

don't mind him.
Northern Muslims had a name for homosexuals and practised it openly ever before it became a known word in Nigeria.
Igbos have no names for homosexuals,I doubt if Yorubas or Ijaws do but in the North dan daud were common figures on Ahmadu Bello way in Jos and Kano before we knew who they were.
It was common practice to see little effeminate men on street corners swinging their hips,chewing bubble gum and waiting for an alhaji to  leave his harem of 4 wives and give them a "good time".

I am not saying that Islam  supports homosexuality but when one points to so called Christian homosexuals in a bid to discredit Christianity and change a topic at hand
,it must be pointed out the Bible couldn't be clearer on the issue.Just because someone calls himself a Christian does not make him one if he lives contrary to the Bible.
I hope he gets it now.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Nwando: Listen, before Jewish religion, Christianity and the Islam of Muhammad, (AS),
homosexualism have been in existence. We must never forget the people of Prophet Lut (AS).

However, who ever practices, openly or behind closed doors, all the same, it is abomination.

My dear. No vex. I love sometimes to tease you. Get you wind up. All in all, am serious about
belief, but not foolish about it. InshaAllah.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
oyb:

your religion - like I've always said - is a truly modern one - it keeps up with the times! ( gay priests/marriages , anyone?)

Yup, that is always the default point for muslims when they have their backs to the corner. Gay folks have been around for ages and are not the sole perogative of catholic and anglican priests. Infact gay marriages are more common among athiests and many who call themselves christians are no more unbelievers than the next door neighbour who thinks the idea of God is ridiculous.
I never bother about you rabble rousers rushing to shout "gay priests" anytime your "peaceful and tolerant" nature is exposed. The bible has a VERY CLEAR stand on homosexuality . . . it is SIN!

Now continue shouting.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
oyb:

point me to one muslim cleric that sanctifies /ordains gay marraige

They do so in secret . . . the hypocrites. Just ask the saudis!

oyb:

you must not know Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury.

and when did Rowan Williams become God's spokesman? Sorry dear, others can do as they please . . . the bible remains my guide.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2007
There is no doubt that there is a case of over reactions by some Muslims, the same way we have in Christianity. I remember a time one Wacko born again christian use to show up infront of the mosque every prayer time screaming you must be born again. He was tolerated for some time until actions needed to be taken, that is forcefully removing him from disturbing the congregrational prayer.

Well for the sake percifying the christians i hope the woman would be released. But i must add that this reaction is a result of some kind of build up, whether any one agrees or not. for example the invasion of Islamic countries with the disguise of terrorism or nuclear weapon. This invaders eg America are predominantly Christian countries but not so named as christain countries. Another Scenerio is that of American soldiers removing hijabs from Muslims girls during their stay in Saudi Arabia. i Will say we should to respect one anothers religion and abstain from the smallest of things that can generate provocations.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by realdemi(f): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
@babs747
I really don't have to explain to you cos I know that  Muslims find it hard to understand the concepts of Trinity and the Law & grace in the New Testament so I'll let things be. the way they are.

i'm not against muslims as a whole, just the fanatics or lunatics.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by youngies(m): 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
This sudan saga has really thrown up a lot of critical issues. Since the name mohammad should be revered and anybody bearing it should be worthy of the name.

What should now happen to Mohammad Abacha who is the brain behind the killing of another moselm sister - Kudirat and another faild attempt on a christain brother - Mr Ibru

What should be now the fate of my gate man in the office who is always drunk round the clock and cannot spend a night with a LovePeddler.

Maybe, just maybe the reason why they are being tolerate and not sent to jail is because they display some traits of the prophet of islam
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
hafees:

There is no doubt that there is a case of over reactions by some Muslims, the same way we have in Christianity. I remember a time one Wacko born again christian use to show up infront of the mosque every prayer time screaming you must be born again. He was tolerated for some time until actions needed to be taken, that is forcefully removing him from disturbing the congregrational prayer.

hafees, dont be dishonest any more than you already are by virtue of ur false religion. So that "christian" example you just used is equivalent to lashing a woman who was gang raped and arresting a teacher because her 7yr old students decided to name a bear mohammed?

At least the only thing you had to "fear" from the born again christian was "noise pollution", care to tell us how many churches have been raised by "born again muslims"?

hafees:

Well for the sake percifying the christians i hope the woman would be released. But i must add that this reaction is a result of some kind of build up, whether any one agrees or not. for example the invasion of Islamic countries with the disguise of terrorism or nuclear weapon. This invaders eg America are predominantly Christian countries but not so named as christain countries. Another Scenerio is that of American soldiers removing hijabs from Muslims girls during their stay in Saudi Arabia. i Will say we should to respect one anothers religion and abstain from the smallest of things that can generate provocations.

hafeesssssssssssss!  shocked The Sudanese were only reacting because of the actions of Americans in Iraq?

Is there no hare-brained excuse you people wont bring up to excuse your perfidy? So the Kano almajiris who can neither read nor write their names are only reacting to American soldiers removing hijabs from muslim girls in far away saudi arabia?

where is ur next excuse coming from?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2007
@hafees

But i must add that this reaction is a result of some kind of build up, whether any one agrees or not. for example the invasion of Islamic countries with the disguise of terrorism or nuclear weapon. This invaders eg America are predominantly Christian countries but not so named as christain countries,

See ur language " INVADERS" , the fight against terrorism an extremism is no invasion at all. The real invaders are those that attempt to use wanton violence to coerce peoples beliefs and opinons. Have u ever wondered Y not all muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are muslims, it speaks volume of the level of fanatism and extremism that islam permits.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by mukina2: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
sometimes i really wonder how Islam is going to progress when the shariah is implemented so badly.

Regarding this case in particular - the teacher has only been in the country for 12 weeks and is not aware of all the laws of the land. She is a non-Muslim and unless i'm mistaken - Shariah is meant to be implemented on Muslims only?

Thirdly, apparently she gave the option to the kids to name a teddy bear , a teddy bear is something that many kids love and adore, its something that helps them sleep at night and gives them comfort, so naming it with a name that corresponds to the most loved man on Earth i.e. Muhammad (saw) is only to be expected from Muslim Kids who are 6-7 years old and have been taught from a young age to love and respect their Messenger. Now this English teacher probably thinks its the best name too as its loved by Muslims all over.

on another note, there are so called 'muslims' with the name Muhammad who are the worst of mankind and still are allowed to have that name, please lets put these things in perspective.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2007
David, i am not on this forum to trade insults with you, again i have my own angle of looking at issues which i have rights to, why should you try to force ppl to see issues only from ur own perspective. I never asked you to beleive the example i gave, and it is irresponsible of you to insinuate that i am being dishonest. I know the likes of you:holier than thou, who would worse things than the CNN's have advertised about Islam. No one said the woman should be punished. I know your hatred for Islam has constantly made all ur postings illogical and spiteful. I would like to have David's and Nwando's take on the invasions of Iraq.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2007
mukina2:

sometimes i really wonder how Islam is going to progress when the shariah is implemented so badly.

Regarding this case in particular - the teacher has only been in the country for 12 weeks and is not aware of all the laws of the land. She is a non-Muslim and unless i'm mistaken - Shariah is meant to be implemented on Muslims only?

Thirdly, apparently she gave the option to the kids to name a teddy bear , a teddy bear is something that many kids love and adore, its something that helps them sleep at night and gives them comfort, so naming it with a name that corresponds to the most loved man on Earth i.e. Muhammad (saw) is only to be expected from Muslim Kids who are 6-7 years old and have been taught from a young age to love and respect their Messenger. Now this English teacher probably thinks its the best name too as its loved by Muslims all over.

You are very correct, its not about defending ones religion but the thruth.
A good example is the law of cutting hands when you steal. It is only applicable according to the shariah in the enviroment that there is no poverty or atleats non existent, a place where everybody has shelter and food to eat.

A refrence was during the prophets time when he halted the law due to ferminine.

So we must enforce the laws as stated and not let emotions becloud our judgement
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by tayo4me(f): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2007
nwando:

Just because someone calls himself a Christian does not make him one if he lives contrary to the Bible.

Exactly what I pointed out in my first post on this topic. Just because someone calls himself a Muslim does not make him one if he lives contrary to the Quran.

Most of this so-called Muslims are just portraying their cultural beliefs and try to cover up with Islam. Islam does not encourage its followers to force the religion on others. We are only meant to preach the religion by our words and actions, and leave those that do not believe to hold on their various beliefs. It is stated in the Quran, 'Unto you, your religion, and unto me, my religion.'

Islam does not encourage violence. To give an example, it is believed that most Northern female muslims are 'maltreated' by their husbands in the name of religion. But I don't think anyone has heard of this happening to Yoruba female muslims. It is a cultural thing and the men just use Islam to cover their shame. If Islam preached that kind of treatment, don't you think it will be applicable to all muslim women.

Please do not hate on Islam, it's just so unfortunate that some people potray it in a bad way.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2007
hafees:

David, i am not on this forum to trade insults with you, again i have my own angle of looking at issues which i have rights to, why should you try to force people to see issues only from your own perspective. I never asked you to beleive the example i gave, and it is irresponsible of you to insinuate that i am being dishonest. I know the likes of you:holier than thou, who would worse things than the CNN's have advertised about Islam. No one said the woman should be punished. I know your hatred for Islam has constantly made all your postings illogical and spiteful. I would like to have David's and Nwando's take on the invasions of Iraq.

hafees, lets just say your "angle of looking at issues" is just plain BS! Soon you'll be excusing almajiri's on the "invasion" oof Iraq. did you read Mukina2's response? Most logical response i have read from a muslim in months!
go read it and stop making up hare-brained excuses!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
tayo4me:

Islam does not encourage violence.

Where are you living? Mars?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by tayo4me(f): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2007
davidylan:

Where are you living? Mars?

I don't need to trade words wit u
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2007
tayo4me,
I believe what they did is a misinterpretation of the sharia law.
But, culturally the sudanese should atleast be accomodating or would have lectured her on their ways instead of the arrest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / The Yoruba Odu. Eji Ogbe(oyinbo/whiteman). / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.