Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

989900D's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 989900D's Profile / 989900D's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

Politics / Re: Adebayo Shittu Owns 12 Houses, 25 Cars, 93M Printing Press- Victor Oluwadamilare by 989900D: 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
The thunder that will fire this media aide is presently doing press up in Sambisa.

This is a minister I have been working on for almost a year now to blow whistle on, I even have pictures of some of the houses in Ibadan (the few in Airport estate Samonda, etc.).

Now, how do I get my reward, bro, when you have already spilled the beans?

P.S. That shameless ab0ki and the cockeyed moderator that banned me will not make heav . . ..

1 Like

Crime / Re: Robbers Write Lagos Residents To Pay Christmas Dues!! by 989900D: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2016
Arm yourselves, and let them come.
Politics / Re: Data Rate Increase, The On Becoming Of A Government by 989900D: 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
AZeD1:

Predatory pricing. The Big four can sell data to consumers below market rate to increase market share, once the smaller players are out of the market, they increase the price/ deliver poor services and the consumer has no choice.
This is not the first time NCC has forced a telco to increase prices. MTN dropped on net calls to a ridiculous rate and while that looked good for the subscribers, it was bad for the economy. By reducing the call on net call rates, MTN knew that with their large market share, their subscribers won't call other networks, thereby forcing other subscribers on to their network.

It the same thing with Data, GLO started it and they didn't do it because they love their subscribers, they just have enough clout to run at a loss for a while till their competitors close shop.

Its the same reason nobody can compete with Dangote in Nigeria.
Its the same reason Facebook freebasic was not allowed in India but we foolishly allowed it here.

The above is so laughable in a capitalist economy.

OTOH, so, the masses take the hit for the smaller companies? Good logic.
sad undecided

2 Likes

Politics / Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by 989900D: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
These are policies that are implemented after palms have been greased.

The mofo Shittu that couldn't complete his house at Samonda, Ibadan, has completed it and built 2 more in the same place all between his appointment and now . . . cars nko? Courtesy MTN bribe and e.t.c.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Data Price Increase. See Reactions by 989900D: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
BMB making sense here, these are policies that are implemented after palms have been greased.

The mofo Shittu that couldn't complete his house at Samonda Ibadan, has completed it and built 2 more in the same place all between his appointment and now . . . cars nko? Courtesy MTN bribe and e.t.c.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget by 989900D: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Giving the key components of the budget, Governor Ambode said recurrent expenditure would gulp N300. 535 billion while N512.464 billion would be dedicated to capital expenditure, representing a Capital/Recurrent ratio of 63 percent to 37 percent.

Shame on Nigeria.

Recurrent almost 90% at some time, with 10% for capital.
Politics / Re: Data Rate Increase, The On Becoming Of A Government by 989900D: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2016
AZeD1:

The data increase has nothing to do with Buhari and its a purely NCC matter.

I understand were NCC is coming from and in the long run, its purely in the interest of the consumers unfortunately, Nigerians are generally short term thinkers.

Explain.
Business / Re: Nigeria’ll Begin Rice Export Next Year, Says CBN by 989900D: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2016
Originalsly:
[s]Reading and understanding wouldn't kill you either. Nigeria needs 6 to 7 tonnes a year?...and Kebbi State alone has produces more than a million tonnes the past year?... and don't try telling me the lie is a typo. The Naira in deep trouble but here is the head of the CBN fantasizing about rice production[/s].

1 Like

Politics / Re: Data Rate Increase, The On Becoming Of A Government by 989900D: 6:14am On Nov 30, 2016
Emekamex:

You got played son, there is nothing like "almighty" PDP or APC by the way, the corrupt politicians only changed party from PDP to APC, no ideology was changed; things are still the way it is.
We will only get it right when the right set of people new to Nigerian politics are put in charge and not by recycling corrupt politicians and be fooling ourselves in the name of change.

"To each his own", at the least, it is less of share the money now.

1 Like

Business / Re: Nigeria’ll Begin Rice Export Next Year, Says CBN by 989900D: 1:16am On Nov 30, 2016
carmag:

if you believe the propaganda you must also believe APC promised $1 to 1 naira

It is not about the actuality of the projection by CBN, it is about the comprehension inability of commenters.

This not about your or my belief, it is about getting the drift . . .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Data Rate Increase, The On Becoming Of A Government by 989900D: 1:11am On Nov 30, 2016
If the figures flying around are anything close to the truth, then I must say:

Buhari's administration is clearly trying so hard to burn whatever is remaining of the trust the people have in it; aggressively advertising for a massive revolt and utter rejection with all these ill-thought-out stupidities . . . increase in everything, without a dime increase in wages? undecided

ATEOTD, Buhari and his entourage are probably somewhere forgetting they are NOTHING without 'we the people', we revolted against 'almighty PDP' and left it in tatters, we will do it again.

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by 989900D: 1:07am On Nov 30, 2016
If the figures flying around are anything close to the truth, then I must say:

Buhari's administration is clearly trying so hard to burn whatever is remaining of the trust the people have in it; aggressively advertising for a massive revolt and utter rejection with all these ill-thought-out stupidities.

ATEOTD, Buhari and his entourage are probably somewhere forgetting they are NOTHING without 'we the people', we revolted against 'almighty PDP' and left it in tatters, we will do it again.
Business / Re: Nigeria’ll Begin Rice Export Next Year, Says CBN by 989900D: 12:54am On Nov 30, 2016
“By the end of 2017, Nigeria will not only meet our national demand, which is between six and seven tonnes per year, but we will exceed it and we will have rice to export to other countries.”

To the posters above me, reading won't kill you.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Politics / Re: Zahra Buhari Gets ‎n47.1m Customized Bags In 30 Exotic Cars From Billionaire Fia by 989900D: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2016
The groom is from 'Maid', I'll like to know how much his family has donated to IDPs before I say anything.
Technology Market / Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900D: 5:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Hi y'all, does anyone know Access bank's current rate for the monthly $200?
Politics / Re: "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha by 989900D: 12:01am On Nov 27, 2016
Bar Dora and a few, what is there to appreciate about corrupt, opportunistic, and shameless con mof0s. #notmyleader

BTW, "Biafrans are Nigerians . . ." that was well coined.
Phones / Re: Emefiele's 3 Minutes Call Tax Is Economically Wrong - Telecom Companies by 989900D: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
I can't believe Emefiele and gang are this st00pid, and callous! sad sad angry

2 Likes

Politics / Re: My Account Balance Is Less Than $10m – Patience Jonathan by 989900D: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2016
Wait a minute, so she's agreed to running accounts by proxies? undecided

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ibrahim Magu Visits Construction Site Of New EFCC Head Office (photo) by 989900D: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2016
phemmyutd:
What will happened to this building after we are free from corrupt practises?

There is corruption even in the vatican and Saudi.
Politics / Re: Ibrahim Magu Visits Construction Site Of New EFCC Head Office (photo) by 989900D: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2016
Huge . . . must have enough holding cells.
Politics / Re: Reno Omokri Mock Kemi Adeosun:we're Recesion Cos U Graduated 4rm Worst UK School by 989900D: 11:03am On Nov 24, 2016
So this 'renoceros' is such a low life fxcktard. undecided
#peabrain

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Is It Democratic That Clinton Got 2M Votes Than Trump But Lost The Elections? by 989900D: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
7lives:

You nailed it, i can't remember the last time a party, be it the republicans or the democrats had rule America for more than 8 years.
Algore and Bush election was even a cliffhanger but Algore was a true democrat who does not want to create chaos in America and so quietly let go, so what exactly is Hillary's problem after all her husband had also benefited from this so called flawed electoral system.

Al Gore went to court, up all the way to the supreme court.

Clinton conceded almost immediately. Get your points right.

Al Gore won pop votes by half a million, Clinton is winning by over 2m and counting, with millions more votes to count which are leaning in her favor by 2 to 1.

How has Clinton in anyway excited or rallied the demonstrators on? Or, how is she supposed to prevent them for exercising their rights? Or, how is she supposed to be held responsible for Don the con's divisive, deplorable, dumb, and childish rants?

2 Likes

Health / Re: A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen by 989900D: 3:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Bringing them back is the problem . . . science has no clue to that yet.

Godspeed girl.
Politics / Re: Is It Democratic That Clinton Got 2M Votes Than Trump But Lost The Elections? by 989900D: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
omonnakoda:

Two things.
1. It does not give a "level playing field" since electoral college votes ARE DETERMINED by population. A situation where one state has
55 College votes and another has 3 is not a "level playing field"

2. Popular vote is not "secondary" to college votes > I think this exposes a fundamental misunderstanding of the problem. It is possible to win the election without winning the larger number of states or the popular vote.They are not binaries

The real issue is this: In every state it is a "Winner takes all situation" which I think is a huge flaw. A candidate who maybe wins California by 100 votes will get ALL 55 electoral college votes and that is the flaw. If it was a proportional arrangement that would sort out a lot of the perceived wrongs.
Because of this Winner takes all phenomena a candidate who wins by let us say a margin of 100 votes in the biggest 12 states will win the presidency even if he gets 0 votes in the remaining 38 and thus would have won fewer states and not have won the popular vote either. I will repeat this .A candidate who is able to win the biggest 12 states by electoral college votes even if he wins by a margin of 1 vote only in all twelve and gets 0 in the other 32 wins the presidency
It is a complex issue which we have sought to get aroung by insisting ,in our system, on a minimum 25% in 2/3 of the states thus ensuring that the issue of spread of appeal is addressed

#mypoint

That is why some folks don't go vote, cause they think it's pointless, especially if they live in 'opposition state'.

America should copy Nigeria in this case.
Politics / Re: Is It Democratic That Clinton Got 2M Votes Than Trump But Lost The Elections? by 989900D: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
FSBoperator:

[s]Hilary's loss pain all the zombies and Afonjas[/s]

1 Like

Politics / Re: Is It Democratic That Clinton Got 2M Votes Than Trump But Lost The Elections? by 989900D: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Not democracy; aristocracy.

If only we could get enough "faithless electors" to do the needful by Dec 19.

It is a shame the pioneer and evangelizer of democracy does not truly practice democracy in the true sense of it.

Nigeria's method of validating a winner makes more sense than this sham.

5 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by 989900D: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2016
cry cry
Politics / Re: I Made Only 5% Of My Wealth In Politics - Saraki by 989900D: 10:23am On Nov 23, 2016
Thunder fire you, mofo!

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Seun Egbegbe Reacts To IPhones Theft Allegation That Trailed Him by 989900D: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2016
The most important angle is, did he have anything close to the amount of the worth of those 7-9 phones he was gon' purchase in the car at the time, as alleged?
Politics / Re: Buhari Urges Niger Deltans To Embrace Agriculture by 989900D: 11:40am On Nov 21, 2016
ever811:
I think this man is making sense... but wait,where the land dey for agricultural activities?..the small land wey dey,them don use oil spoil am...if I say this man is stupid now what will some people say...?...anyway make I just insult am for inside my mind...

This is the kind of comment you make when you think taking out a few minutes to actually read the article will kill you.
Politics / Re: Mrs. Femi Adeosun Finance Minister Derailing Pmb’s Economic Progress (PIX) by 989900D: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2016
Crap. Those owed = new dawn of no free launch: we spend what we earn.

Why should ex leaders get their pay when present workers have not gotten theirs? Is it to say thank you for collectively putting us in the sh!thole we presently are?

Good luck if you won't borrow nor sell your assets to get out of jail.

Kemi has surpassed my expectations, and for months I have been asking what anyone else would have done differently; can't get 1 sensible answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: States To Get N20b Each For Infrastructure by 989900D: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
It will be better for them states to send in a list, then, let the FG pay for those itemized infrastructure directly with strict monitoring.

They will never agree though!

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.