Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

9ja4eva's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9ja4eva's Profile / 9ja4eva's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 567 pages)

Health / Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 9ja4eva: 3:09am On Oct 24, 2022
Hello,

Does anyone know good IVF clinics please? We are looking for one with good results.

Thank you!
TV/Movies / Re: GUS: Day One, Episode 1 On Gulder Ultimate Search (videos) by 9ja4eva: 3:59am On Oct 20, 2021
Thank you!
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9ja4eva: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please what is the best platform to trade Nigerian stocks?
Meritrade, Stanbic or?

Thank you in anticipation.
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 9ja4eva: 2:17am On Jul 09, 2020
Hello,

Please does anyone know of a guaranteed flight leaving to Canada - July ending or early August?
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 9ja4eva: 3:02am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello,

Please does anyone know of a flight leaving to Canada - July ending or early August?

Also, please how do you book chartered flight?
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9ja4eva: 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hope you all are staying safe?

Can you please recommend good Nigerian stockbroking firms? Thanks
Politics / Re: BREAKING: Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari Is DEAD by 9ja4eva: 12:59am On Apr 18, 2020
RIP to Kyari.
Romance / Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by 9ja4eva: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Olulinks:
You've missed the point bro.

He's talking about Naija guys and babes in particular.

Living private lives in Naija are mostly for the rich. The rich won't run to Canada for greener pasture, only the hustlers do.

This thread isn't for the rich but the hustlers that travel abroad to make money thinking everything is money.

Our culture is to notice and be noticed. You can't change that. If paradventure you find yourself in a different land you will miss being real you.

You get that?

100 likes for the bolded! Gbam
Romance / Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by 9ja4eva: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
lefulefu:
white guys dont find black women attractive? shocked..i dont believe that sad...i think the black women in canada make themselves look unapprochable and dats why the white men are uneasy to hook up with them.imagine a lady always frowning her face can u approach such a lady? give a smile and be friendly and the guy will approach.like for example a white girl u always see them giving u a sweet smile letting u know they are available cheesy.

White guys find black girls attractive, but are scared to approach. They do not know what to say or how to start a conversation with a black girl. Whites in America are better with black women than Whites in Canada.

Canadian whites are timid and boring!

3 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by 9ja4eva: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
gargoylern:

Dey there! A lot of single girls from Nigeria are in Canada. These are girls with good education (masters) who left good jobs to go to Canada. Them plenty from kmpg. And some of the banks.

What if they don't want to get married? Why the hasty generalization?

I know a lot of well-read (PhDs, Master's, Bachelor's degree) successful, well-behaved Nigerian women in Canada. For lack of a better word - virtuous Nigerian women in Canada, and across the diaspora who couldn't be bothered with marriage. What is wrong with that?

Why must everything be attributed to loneliness? Men are also lonely and miserable in the diaspora. We should narrate a balanced story so that we can help men/women who desire to get married but can't find a suitable partner. In reality, the right partners are not easy to come by in any ethnicity/continent.

I see most people say other nationalities are easier than Nigerians - well, I wish I could tell you that this is true, but it isn't. Whites deal with blacks worse during divorce than a black woman would.

Please spare me the inferiority complex line of anything, not black, is preferable. Do your research! White women will take you to the cleaners and make your life miserable if you mess with them!

Latina women are crazier than black women. What else is new?

3 Likes

Romance / Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by 9ja4eva: 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
Raalsalghul:

A Nigerian lady in diaspora will rather die than come home to marry.

Or how many cases have you seen? undecided

Lots actually, but most times the marriage never works because the men migrate abroad and become deadbeats.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by 9ja4eva: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
ogaontop:

[/b]
Before nko? For quick citizenship things, besides Canadian women are easy to follow and better trusted than our naija babes!

I beg to differ on the bolded.
Romance / Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by 9ja4eva: 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Minxie:
Maybe, just maybe, they're not lonely and they are actually enjoying their lives...

In most countries, it's normal to be focused on your career as a woman. It doesn't mean you're lonely. So maybe these girls just adjusted to their surroundings and maybe they're finally happy because they live in a society where people don't expect them to get married at 25.

Just because you don't understand or agree with a culture or ideology doesn't mean that it's wrong. So just because you don't understand why they are single and career driven, doesnt mean you are right in labelling them as lonely.

If that's your logic, you can label me lonely too. I'll proudly accept grin

Hit the nail on the head!
Family / Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by 9ja4eva: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Edit - to those who may be wondering about my username, I created this account whilst trying to help two kids who were victims of rape.

Our 4th anniversary was few days ago, as I thought she would , my wife forgot the date. It ordinarily would not have hurt me so much but I have always had this feeling that she doesn't love me.

When we were dating she was all over me. But nothing I do ever since we got married gets appreciated. Few months ago she hurled abuses on me for helping a sister, a friend of hers, who lost a child and are homeless. And what's the help? Just 100k. Apparently I enjoy abandoning her need for others. And this
coming from a woman who few days earlier was saying I had invested over 2m on her business in a short while ( by her own calculation, as I don't take note when giving her money ).

I told a mother figure in church who is close to both me, her and the family I helped who corrected her. Expect if she will apologise tomorrow.

Off course the lady I helped in question is idiotic but I can't bear her and house and kids being homeless especially after losing a child.

My wife will never apologise when she does sometime I object to. Her apology which is often done in the most demeaning way is only tendered if I take the issue over board.

Our sex life since we got married has been poor to the extreme. I have ensured I do not cheat, not for a single day but I constantly have to beg for sex or masturbate to relieve myself.

Laying our bed is always a war for her. She does it only when she wants. Mind you we have two kids and a maid who helps with virtually everything.

The maid in the morning ( 90% of the time ) makes the breakfast, clean the house while she only baths our first child and get her ready for school, I take her to school most of the time.

Am I overreacting to expect my wife to

1. Properly apologise when she does something I do not like and ensure she doesnt repeat it? For instance few days ago she was planning on traveling outside our base, I only got to know through her phone conversation with her sister although she didn't eventually travel, I felt I should have known before hand as I got to know a night before. Till date what I got in form of apology is, "I would have told you". She was planning to travel by 5am, I heard her conversation by 10pm a night before and we slept on the same bed.

2. Sex at least 3 times a week? I stopped trying to initiate it after so many rejections.

3. Not to forget important dates such as our wedding anniversary?

4. To at all time be the one making my meal.

Please note she practically doesn't work now. We are setting up a fashion house for her she has taken over 3m from me as of the time of writing this. Note my cloths go to dry cleaners. Only thing she does is cook my meal ( when she wants ).

I am beginning to think maybe I am a mental health patient who doesn't know yet. Maybe something is wrong with me and I am just reacting based on that?

Sad actually, but I think you should have a conversation with your wife. Table your concerns, and explain to her how her actions hurt you.

Let her know you have the option to walk away if you continue feeling miserable.

Also, someone here mentioned getting a loan in her name for her business. I think this is a great idea, and will drive her to be accountable and responsible, which could yield benefits in her interactions with you.

Do not give up on trying, and know you always have a choice to walk away.

Goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Norwhich Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 27th October 2019 by 9ja4eva: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Stream links please.

Abeg una o
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Manchester United Vs Astana Europa League (1 - 0) On 19th September 2019 by 9ja4eva: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Abeg streaming site where I can watch this? Thank you

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 by 9ja4eva: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
Abeg correct streaming link.
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2019
Amyyy2020:
Dat is d legit non-surgical solution i know, Oga. Which definitely answered d question frm Op. u can just waka nd pass if it doesnt suite u mbok.
tnx

I will not waka and pass. You people need to stop this nonsense of advising people wrongly, or spreading false information!

The same Oyedepo sent his wife abroad for treatment when she collapsed in church couple of years back. Keep deceiving yourself!

1 Like

Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
qleap2all:

I am not. If you have Faith even if small as a mustard seed, you will see ALMIGHTY GOD at WORK!
Ask #RCCGJune2019HGS!

Stop this display of gullibility please ! I take it you are LEARNED.
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
es144000:
There is a woman who uses herbs to shrink fibroids in Agbara area,if interested signal,indicate

Depending on the size and the gynecologist advice, she can choose to use herbs to shrink the fibroids before surgery.
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
dominicson:

Be inclined! I am a member of NCPNM, Nigerian Council of Physicians of Natural Medicine. And I can boast of well over one thousand members(professors/'eggheads') in the council who can treat ANY fibroids with natural medicine(homeopathy, herbal medicine, etc), even free of charge for your kinds!

Please stop deceiving the young lady- SURGERY is the only way to go for fibroid removal. Natural medicine/diet can be used for prevention after surgery.
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
Doktajay5:

Oga. There is simply no other alternative to treatment of fibroid other than surgery. Counsel ur relative appropriately or get a Dr to do so. People will tell u all sorts of nonsense now, u'll want to try, thus wasting ur time and risking the little time left of her to conceive.
Know it from today that there is no other successful treatment modality other than surgey for any fibroid.

A certain woman entertained ur/her fears somtime last yr, a neighbour took her to a certain baba who claimed he can do it without surgery.... Las Las baba inserted a coustic material in her vagina, Removed it after a couple of hrs. meanwhile the woman Don collect the pain of her life....
It was now believed that the coustic material have burnt the fibroid....
But the thing burnt the vaginal wall. When he removed it, the 2 vaginal surfaces gum together and synechia resulted, the woman doesn't have a vagina opening now as I write. Yet fibroid is still there.

Problems:
1. Fibroid is still there
2. She has no vagina for her husband again
3. Husband now sleep out and have continued to abuse her
4. We are planning her for vaginoplasty (involving adhesiolysis and repair) 400k. She doesn't have shishi.
5. Marriage is asteck now as hubby is not aware of that arrangement
6. Depression is gradually setting in.

This is my patientbBTW, and this story is for u to know who u listen to.

Cos am already reading what people r telling u already... Well, is upto u. But just know and I repeat. No other successful treatment modality for fibroid other than surgey, have been reported.

It baffles me how people believe that a man who doesn't understand the anatomy(structure) of the human body, will have the capacity to solve a structure related problem in human body... #smh

Gbam! Most people are just gullible - see quote in bold
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
Amyyy2020:
I invite ur Sister to our covenant day of fruitfulness diz sunday at Canaanland Ota, there are testimonies of God turning Fibriod into Fineboy and she can be a testimonial too...for all tinx are possible with God...

Stop this please !
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
dominicson:
There are herbal and African traditional ways of getting rid fibroids, perfectly. It's high time we stopped believing anything we don't know don't exist! We had known fibroids before 'they' came.

Please stop spreading "fake news".
Health / Re: Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions by 9ja4eva: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
Surgery is the way out! No two way around it. She can have an open myomectomy or laparoscopic myomectomy, but it depends on the size of her fibroids, and if she still wants to have kids.

If she doesn't want kids, most doctors would recommend a hysterectomy. Fibroids are common with black women and Nigerian doctors are good with fibroids.

Go to a good hospital and your sister should be fine. Don't fall victim of spiritual ways please, surgery is the only way to get rid of fibroids!

Again, your sister will be just fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Investment / Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
Phyde:

Treasury Bills are government guaranteed debt instruments issued by CBN on their behalf to finance expenditure. The CBN also uses treasury bills to control money supply in the economy

How are Treasury Bills Sold?

Treasury Bills are sold through a bi-weekly auction conducted by the CBN. Buyers are requested to quote bids following which the average minimum bid is selected.

Where can I buy Treasury Bills?

Treasury Bills can be bought through any official dealer. The easiest will be through your bank

What is the Minimum Amount I can Buy

You can buy for as low as N1,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter. However, Banks typically accept minimum purchases of N100,000 or more

When is it usually sold?

Treasury Bills is sold every other Wednesday (bi-weekly) as announced by the CBN. The CBN announces issuances in their websites and in the pages of the Newspaper. You can also ask your bank account officer to notify you ahead of an issuance.

How Can I Buy Treasury Bills

To buy Treasury Bills you will have to approach your bank requesting for a form. You fill the form with your personal information also indicating the amount you want to buy as well has your bid rate.

What is the bid rate

The bid rate otherwise called your STOP RATE is the likely interest rate that you have indicated ti receive for the principal that you investing in the TB’s. For example you can indicate an interest rate of 10% as your expected rate. Your bid rate will most likely be different from that of other intending buyers of TB’s.

How is the Bid Rate selected

The CBN selects the bids that fall below the accepted marginal rates. The Marginal Rate is the minimum average rate for bids submitted within a bid window. For example if the marginal bid rate for a bid opened Wednesday 4 September is 11% then bids falling below this rate will be accepted and those above rejected.

What if I don’t have a Bid rate

If you do not have a Stop Rate or you are not sure of a rate you can select the option of having the bank choose a rate for you. However, this does not guarantee that the bank rate will be chosen or will be the best.

Can I still buy if my Bid is rejected

You can purchase TB’s from the secondary market Over The Counter (OTC) through a broker. This is also where buyers and sellers of TB’s trade the notes in exchange for cash.

What are the durations (tenor) for the TB’s

Treasury Bills are usually for 91days, 182days and 364 days. As such, you can have the CBN hold your cash for 91days or 182 days or 364 days depending on your choice. However, the CBN can decide they want to sell Treasury Bills for all the tenor available or either of them.

Can I sell before Maturity

Yes you can sell Treasury Bills before maturity. As mentioned above, this can be done through the OTC market. The price at which you sell depends on the forces of demand and supply. For example a N100,000 face value TB maybe selling for less or more depending on the yield expectation of the buyers. If your face value is trading at a higher price, it means you can sell your treasury bills at a profit as such your N100,000 can sell for N101,000 or more. If your face value is trading at a lower price, it means you can sell your treasury bills at a loss as such your N100,000 can sell for N99,000 or less.

When is the interest paid?

The interest element of a treasury bill is paid to you upfront and credited to your bank account. For example, if you purchase a N100,000 TB with an interest rate of 10% the CBN debits your account with N90,000 as such your N10,000 interest is paid upfront. Upon maturity, you are paid the face value N100,000. The upfront payment of your interest makes your true yield actually higher.

What is a True Yield?

True Yield is your actual Return on Investment. (ROI). Using the example above, the initial yield for the N100,000 is 10%. However, because they pay you interest upfront your true yield is actually the N10,000 in interest divided by the N90,000 actually deducted from your account. That is N10,000/N90,000 0r 11.11%. This is thus higher than the 10% coupon. The True Yield is completely earned when you hold to maturity.

Can I roll over my investment

The CBN does not rollover your investment automatically. However, you can give your bank a mandate to rollover the principal on your treasury bill upon maturity. You can also get the benefit of compounding interest by asking your bank to reinvest the interest portion of your TB once it is paid.

Are Treasury Bills Safe

Treasury Bills are one of the safest forms of investment and are backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria

Apart from the Interest Rates what are the benefits

A good source of steady stream of income
Treasury Bills are a good investment outlet for your free and disposable cash
Treasury Bills are good investments for people who wish to save
Treasury Bills are also tax free
Treasury Bills are very liquid and can be converted to cash quickly
They can be used as a collateral

Are Treasury Bills Taxable

Interest derivable from Treasury Bills are not taxable.

Still try to read first 10 to 20 pages of this thread and be following every updates.

You too much. Many thanks for sharing this information effortlessly.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
NL1960:

Start by reading the first 10 pages of this thread and then continue reading starting from 10 subsequent pages. Also stay close and read current comments. You will get to know everything about TB in not time if you are serious and dedicated to it. Na the path wen i follow be that.

Thank you
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9ja4eva: 6:41am On Apr 04, 2019
How una dey? I am looking at venturing into stocks, and would appreciate if someone can give me a lead on good stock broking firms. Thank you
Investment / Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 6:01am On Apr 04, 2019
Wow! Lots of fascinating comments here. I want to start trading T-bills, but I do not know where to start, bills to buy, or how to start. Some guidance would help. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I take God beg una.
TV/Movies / Re: Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread by 9ja4eva: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
Threebear:
Time to get some sleep .

see you guys tomorrow.

Dominique my love my sweetheart ,please if I stepped out of line with a word or two ,please forgive .

You know after everything I've been through this season ,I deserve to see tomorrow.

Guy any idea on the last two standing or the winner ?

1 Like 1 Share

TV/Movies / Re: Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread by 9ja4eva: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
Enugu represent jare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 567 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.