Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

9jaDoc's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaDoc's Profile / 9jaDoc's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 34 pages)

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

Why did you open this thread?
What do you expect to achieve?

On a side note do u think someone with a masters and $50,000 should relocate to Nigeria or stay in US?
Travel / Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
erico2k2:

I dont have solution to any of those ills hence I ran away to the Uk to earn just more than Money,for you who have solution, keep up the good work!

We are brainstorming to find solutions. Running away to UK is also a solution u could humbly offer for consideration and duscussion
Travel / Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
timesup234, pidgin2, wizard999, redgold2017, erico2k2, qc1, babaskool, bluflyboy, ofalu047, rhea, lordadam16, mrphysics, tapperguy, wonlasewonimi, mikolo80, londoner, talking, kebab, lamexx, goldcircle, euromillion, snowjay92, temitope06, oyino, nigeriadondie, Angelbeing, Alcatraz005, iryan, maternal, blank, emmytes, hsim247, justwise, abbij, nwoke37, damzy88, keneking, beautyaddy, safiaa, salamrushdie, duru009, blizzleads, oyb, crafteck, bestpunterever, kroger

Here is a thread on the countless Nigeria ills. You may care to check it out and offer your own solutions.

https://www.nairaland.com/4223368/list-nigerian-ills-how-solve#63140005
Travel / Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

In the US that one depressed soul with a gun can enter a school, set dynamites and kill everyone including children? Where racists can walk into a church and spray bullets on people because they are black, same US where a lunatic can enter an office building and blow up everyone, same US where Hurricanes, tornadoes and wild fires kill and destroy, US where North Korea is preparing nuclear weapons for you all? You can't feel safe in US even the government has never felt safe, it's a big lie

You KNOW these are isolated stuff that have little chance of impacting your life.
Also when any of these things happens in US it is worldwide news and there is massive govt response and out-pouring of public generosity and support for victims. Ten times worse things would happen in Nigeria and u will hardly hear about it. Even Nigerians would be commenting on and more concerned with what happened in US! Stop comparing apples and oranges.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2017
Optional09:

Well, pick one or two and create a solution for 1M Nigerians to access. That would be the part way to your success

Or maybe we should think outside the box. Like scrapping the whole Nigeria thing and replacing it with units most members would be proud of, and patriotic about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2017
trillville:

How can a person have multiple BVNs? It works with our finger prints, doesn't it? Hmm, I'll ask my banker friends about this.

Easy. Bribe or know the person in charge. Nigeria?! Where bank employees are routinely caught tampering with customer accounts or transactions
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

More of us need to understand and act in the bolded portion above.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

That cartoon says it all. So apt. It is the true, actual day-to-day reality in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2017
Optional09:

It was my 2 years in US last month. I went to buy a $25k car without a penny, they gave me the car to drive away same day. I had no penny in my bank account at the time but I have good credit history. So amazing how things work here

Exactly. While in 9ja they won't give u the keys to some jalopy regardless your BVN or how many id's you have.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 10:59am On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

Great inputs and insight.
For how long shall we remain mentally lazy slaves to those who continuously think and take ACTION to improve their societies in order to dominate others?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

Lol. Funny but quite insightful cartoon.

Also in those countries most actually love their country and are patriotic to the point of being willing to die for their country.
Most Nigerians, on the other hand, openly express disdain for the country, think it is a failed state, and are willing to move to even quite unstable countries just to be out of it.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:09am On Dec 10, 2017
trillville:
We now have BVNs. This can be used to identify citizens during financial transactions such as car rentals.

As for corruption, it is a cultural thing. A combination of building livable prisons and implementation of taxes, may lead to a reduction in corruption.

Better prisons will make sentencing people to jail for small crimes easier. A larger percentage of Americans have been to prison as opposed to nigeria. The prison system in America is termed correctional facilities. In nigeria, our prisons are synonymous with hell. Better prisons will make it easier to sentence people.

Taxes, nigeria has a TAX to GDP ratio of about 6 percent. The Eurozone and America both have TAX to GDP ratios greater than 30 percent as at last year. Nigeria's earnings from oil is just not enough to cater for 180 million people.

Consider this, America has almost always produced more crude oil than nigeria, yet they used to consume all their oil and still import from Nigeria. They use crude oil to increase their productivity and then tax their citizens. We just simply sell our crude oil and share the proceeds. Kind of like slave trade if you think about it. They use their human resources to build their nation. We simply sold ours for mirrors.

I know people with more than one BVN's. But u have very good points. Nigeria has no tax system to speak of. The average Nigerian doesn't understand the concept of filling a tax return.

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:00am On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

Do you think that if we become more concerned about the source of wealth of those around us, we would have less corruption and reduce its negative impact?

That goes without saying. Not only that I think it will be beneficial to cultivate a culture where people with extreme wealth are not adored at all but regarded with suspicion regardless of the purported source of their wealth.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:53am On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

Why did you open this thread?
What do you expect to achieve?

a) exerting my limited impact while being realistic that it is very limited.
b) so we can brainstorm on solutions for some of these problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Blue3k:

I just told you this problem has been on rise in USA. That should tell you the USA doesn't have fraud proof system. Corrupt west Africans doing these schemes. You can Google that. Second you can't export car without papers. The cars vehicle Identification number would be reported stolen so you have export parts or clone new VIN. Again you have to take the car apart.

The solution to issue getting database, maybe biometrics and lastly making ID harder to forge. There's no magic bullet. If they are caught in US they can be caught in Nigeria.

I didn't tell you to agree with me. I told you it's a waste of time concerning yourself with unsolvable issues. You said the ID fraud can't be solved.

The BIG difference: in US they have a very robust car rental system, in 9ja zero. Sure they can be caught in 9ja but it ends with bribing the police or the judge.
I said 9ja as we know it is too corrupt to solve the id fraud issue to be on par with US
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:37am On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

Thanks for mentioning #EndSARS.
Obviously started by just one person like you who kept working and expanding on the limited impact that she started with. Not so
By the way, Abacha was just one individual like you at some point.

Doesn't change the fact that I have very limited impact and any effort of mine will change nothing in the near term just as SARS is still very much with us.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:17am On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

None of them can exist as they are if YOU and other Nigerians don’t want them.
If you are a Christian, you can read the Bible on how the Jews obliged their God of Israel to give them a King (Saul) like other tribes.
Our greatest ill, as blacks, is to want things without needing to work for it. It is called being irresponsible. We don’t want to be responsible for our successes and our failures.
If successful, na God.
If failed, na devil push me.
Never accepting responsibility.

Where do u think things like #endSARS came from. It is like saying Abacha wouldn't have stolen money if I didn't want him to. I have very limited impact
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:13am On Dec 10, 2017
Blue3k:

I answered your fake ID question. Even if you have fake ID we know where you took car. The person at chop shop will give you up. Police can track you down. The only thing car rental company's need is ability to verify IS on national data base. This issue happens in USA as well.

Ps: If you believe there's no solution did you make thread to wail? Save mental energy of things that you believe can be solved.

You r funny. What if I exported the car. In USA they know me. In 9ja they don't because I used fake id.
Your solutions are a good effort but
just because I made the thread does not obligate me to agree with every proffered solution
Travel / Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 3:02am On Dec 10, 2017
timesup234:
The crime taking place in America is more than those committed in Africa as a whole. America is a crime land and that's why they have the largest people locked up in prison. Even China with over 1.3 billion people don't have half the population of those in prison in America. The number of poor people in America is more than the population of over 80% of African countries. It is in the best interest of Nigerians to stop applying for a US. visa because the chances of them being killed is very high

You know, if not that I hate the spread of falsehood I'd let u be since I like good things said about my country.
Look, when I land in US from 9ja the last thing on my mind is security. I KNOW I am safe. On the other hand when l land in 9ja from US right from the 10th rate, totally corrupt airport my main concern, my only concern, is security. And it stays so till I leave the country. Stop comparing things that are not comparable!

2 Likes

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:48am On Dec 10, 2017
Blue3k:
Half list boils down strong institutions and better law enforcement. The ither half is economics. Specifics would take to long so I'll take crack at a few.

Solution: Local government and state government development with increased taxes. (Cities and Counties handle this in USA)
22) poor water supply, 
23) poor waste disposal, 
24) poor drainage system, 

Solution: Local Government code enforcement.
25) poor building inspection, 
26) collapsing buildings, 
27) dillapidated housing, 
28) poor drug inspection, 
29) poor food inspection, 
30) poor environmentals

Solution: better regulations and enforcement.
62) poor record-keeping process
63) poor and fraud-susceptible personal identification

Solution: private credit beaures need to track Information. Student loans private matter. Lenders don't work for free.
64) non-availability of student loans and work-study 
65) non-existent credit system

Solution: rule of law and probably more car tracking software. (My ex car had tracker in it)
66) non-existent car rental system
67) fraud-prone real estate - "this house is not for sale"

How .can car tracker prevent me from selling as parts a car I rented with fake id.
I think most important is a fraud-proof personal identification system (which Nigeria as we know it can never achieve)
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:41am On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

You, I and every Nigerian is the solution.

How am I the solution? Am I SARS or NPF or govt bureaucrat, etc
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:38am On Dec 10, 2017
mikolo80:
woman, the whole naija needs overhauling
we just need 'good' ppl to do the overhauling

U know, I kind of agree with you. I sometimes feel the whole Nigeria project needs to be scrapped and built up again from ground up. Or just replaced with something else. I sometimes feel we have to admit to ourselves that the Nigeria experiment has failed and start working to replace it with something else.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:55am On Dec 10, 2017
mikolo80:
you can't scrap an important institution like the police.even though I'd also wish we could. just look what happened when we recruited 300,000 new inexperienced policemen under obj. it just doesn't work.
you have to retrain the majority and change mainly the leadership and worst eggs.
we just need more dedicated leaders
for everything. it only takes one good guy, just one.
ask Singapore or Malaysia or Korea even Taiwan
I have a composite strategy using these countries' templates

Corruption is embedded in the soul and fabric of NPF. It needs total overhaul like breaking up into smaller more manageable units. By the way the legal system and judiciary too.
Travel / Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 1:48am On Dec 10, 2017
timesup234:
If there terrible things are indeed happening rampantly then why are you still alive? You people sound and portray Nigeria like a war front when in reality Nigeria is one of the safest place in the world and people go about their daily business peacefully. Kidnapping, robbery etc are blown out of proportion. I laugh when I see brainwashed folks using such words on Nairaland but yet they are still alive and never find themselves in such situation. Enough with all the lies already!

Stop being ridiculous. So because I'm not poor changes the fact that the vast majority of 9jas are poor or because I don't have HIV means absence of HIV in 9ja. Or because I'm well educated means vast majority are also.
See, it is the randomness and impunity with which the crimes are committed. You KNOW it could happen to u.
They know the police won't show up on time. If caught they know they can bribe the police or ultimately the judge.

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:15am On Dec 10, 2017
mikolo80:
agreed
all I'm saying is they've perfected it over 200 years
we're just starting
stop comparing and work with what we've got to improve

There are people always trying to compare the two countries when there is no comparison.
Yeah, it took them time but I don't think 9ja will ever get there unless they do something really drastic, like scrapping the whole NPF for starters.
Travel / Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 1:08am On Dec 10, 2017
timesup234:
It doesn't matter how you calculate it, 2.7 million people don't die annually in Nigeria, that is for certain. I don't care if their population is almost times two of ours as well.

Stop arguing nonsense. In the U.S. u KNOW a group a group of robbers won't dynamite a bank, or go house to house, or set up a road block to rob and kill people, or kidnap u or snatch your child. As a regular person you FEEL safe. Not so in 9ja. You could be lynched for something u never did.or gratuitously killed by SARS just for being in the wrong place and nothing will happen. No compensation, notjing. Stop arguing nonsense.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 12:42am On Dec 10, 2017
mikolo80:
like I've said it all depends on how much it's worth to the individual
it's expensive in USA ,not impossible

Oh, nothing is impossible. The question is what are the chances of being caught and what are the chances of avoiding jail if caught. In 9ja the chances are excellent if u have money. In US the chances of u bribing the judge and avoiding jail are near zero.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
that's what I thought till I learnt you can get fake documents if you really want them. no system is infallible once humans are involved
stop deceiving yourself. In America the state is the tout and you pay for services just as we pay third party in Nigeria.one is pre paid the other is post paid

Listen, if u can easily obtain authentic documents in US as u can in 9ja, you'd be a dollar billionaire. Do u know how many cars you can obtain with just one set of documents. Do know how many bank credits, cell phones, even mortgages. Not to talk if collecting other people's tax returns, benefits and entitlements. Then credit cards, store cards, fuel cards, online accounts like PayPal, etc. Be serious
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
that's what you've been made to believe. make the bribe fat enough and you'll get away with it.
same with Nigeria
improve the economy and salaries and corruption will go down

Why do u folks like deceiving yourselves?
Here's the deal:
In US the average person won't even think of trying to obtain a fake passport because they know it is next to impossible. In Nigeria u can only expedite your passport by paying the tout outside the passport office and giving him your documents.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Dino Melaye Rocks Golden Tie To Tosin Saraki's Wedding. Hugs Patience Jonathan by 9jaDoc(f): 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2017
Follysho707:

What success? After embezzling what's meant for you and I? Another typical mediocre 9ja that synonymize success with corruption. undecided

No mind am. See im monika
Politics / Re: Dino Melaye Rocks Golden Tie To Tosin Saraki's Wedding. Hugs Patience Jonathan by 9jaDoc(f): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
This is the best senator in Nigeria after Ben Murray Bruce.

Any particular reason why he is the very best?
How did he acquire his wealth?
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
yes you can. same in America if you willing to do the wahala

Try it in America. You have 99.9% of going to jail. In 9ja 0% - even if caught u bribe the judge. He will dismiss the case and seriously warn the prosecutor, depending on how much bribe u gave him.

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
TheCabal:

Is that your alter ego?

I think the easiest solution may be to leave 9ja

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
we already have those things
we just lazy to put it to work

No we don't. I bet u I can get a passport in any name I wish in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 34 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.