| Crime / Re: Herdsmen/ Farmer Clash In Akure by tolababa(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2018 |
They are coming
| Business / Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by tolababa(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2016 |
Why did shoprite and has station open? The culture to me only capture the poor. Some shops open at alagbaka area of city
| Religion / Re: Pics: Pastor Enoch Adeboye Spotted In The Waiting Room Of Virgin Train In London by tolababa(m): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2016 |
| Politics / Re: Unveiling The Killers Of Dele Giwa by tolababa(m): 9:10am On Jul 14, 2016 |
Asebi máa se ìkà mo
| Celebrities / Re: American Soldiers Vs Nigerian Soldiers [comedy Video] by tolababa(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2016 |
Where is the video
| Romance / Re: Shocking & Breath-taken: Woman Delivers A Beast-like Baby In Edo State by tolababa(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2016 |
Drug ń pregnancy
| Religion / Re: 14 People You Will Meet In A Nigerian Church.. by tolababa(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2016 |
| Events / Re: I Got This Mail From Nairaland This Morning : Screenshot by tolababa(m): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2016 |
| Celebrities / Re: Doris Simeon Appears Beautiful In New Photos by tolababa(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2016 |
| Crime / Re: In Lagos Face Of Police Officer Who Killed Traveller, Revealed (photo) by tolababa(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2016 |
| Celebrities / Re: Why Are So Many Brilliant And Talented People So Brutally Unhappy And Sad? by tolababa(m): 3:38am On Jul 01, 2016 |
Such is life
| Politics / Re: Police Step Up Security At Abia Govt. House; Premium Times by tolababa(m): 3:30am On Jul 01, 2016 |
| Politics / Re: Catalogues Of History Makers In Nigeria! by tolababa(m): 1:07am On Jul 01, 2016 |
Nigeria has come a long way, some personalities and events have shaped the history of this great country, below are some personalities worth mentioning, if you feel there are some individuals worth being on that list you may add them up strictly in the spirit of history of our great country;
(1) Herbert Macaulay was the first Nigerian to own a car.
(2) Bishop Ajayi Crowther was the first Nigerian (African) Bishop. He was also the first man to translate the English Bible into a Nigerian language (Yoruba Language).
(3) Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first man to introduce Universal Primary Education in Nigeria in the then Western Region in the year 1956.
(4) The name Nigeria was given by Flora Shaw, then girlfriend of Lord Lugard.
(5) Mary Slessor was the first Missionary to stop the killing of twins in Nigeria, she started I Calabar.
(6) The first Aeroplane landed in Kano in the year 1925.
(7) The first indigenous Inspector-General of Police is Mr. Louis O. Edet.
(8 ) The Nigerian Flag was designed by a Nigerian student in London as at then in the year 1960 by Mr. Taiwo Akinkunmi.
(9) The first ever Nigerian National Anthem was written by Miss Lynda U. Williams from Britain. The anthem was composed by Miss Francisca Benda.
(10) The National Anthem was composed by Assistant Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ben Odiase.
(11) Abuja was declared Federal Capital Territory on 4th February,1976 by General Ramat Murtala Mohammed.
(12) Usman Dan Fodio was the first man to launch a Jihad against then Northern Nigeria in 1802.
(13) Formal education started in Nigeria in 1842.
(14) University College, the first standard University in Nigeria was established in the year 1948 at Ibadan.
(15) The first female to drive a motor car was Mrs. Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti.
(16) The first Eclipse of the Sun by the Moon occurred in Nigeria in 1947.
(17) The first hospital in Nigeria was established in Abeokuta, Ogun State on 27th January 1895.
(18) The first Psychiatric Hospital was established in Calabar, Cross Rivers State of Nigeria in the year 1903
(19) Shehu Usman Dan Fodio introduced Islamic religion to the northern part of Nigeria in the year 1804.
(20) The first Nigerian (
and the first black-skinned African) to win a Nobel Laureate was Professor Wole Soyinka, he won the coveted Nobel Laureate in Literature in the year 1986.
(21) Chief Emeka Anyaoku was the first Nigerian to become the Secretary-General of Commonwealth of Nations and the first African to be President of World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
(22) Professor Chike Obi was the first Nigerian Professor of Mathematics.
(23) Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe was the first indigenous President of Nigeria.
(24) Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the first Prime Minister of Nigeria.
(25) General Aguiyi Ironsi was the first military Head of State of Nigeria.
(26) Dr Teslim Elias was the first Attorney-General of Nigeria.
(27) Dr Clement Isong was the first Governor of Central Bank of Nigeia.
(28) Professor Grace Alele Williams was the first female Vice-Chancellor in Nigeria.
(29) Flora Nwakpa was the first female author in Nigeria.
(30) Chinyere Onyemachara was the first female pilot in Nigeria.
(31) Dr Elizabeth Abimbola was the first female doctor in Nigeria.
(32) Mrs. Latifat Okunnu was the first female deputy Governor in Nigeria.
(33) Mrs Dorothy Miller was the first female Commissioner in Nigeria.
(34) Mrs Efunroye Tinubu was the first female to buy a car in Nigeria.
(35) Sapara Williams (a Nigerian) was the first Black Lawyer in Africa.
Albert Lutuli (won in 1960) was the first African to win a Nobel Laureate and not my uncle WS but he was the first African and black person to win in literature category. Thanks
| Crime / Re: Maryland Riots: Lagos Clarifies Misconception Says Hawker Not Killed By BRT by tolababa(m): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2016 |
| Politics / Re: PMB Pleads With Militants by tolababa(m): 2:23am On Jun 25, 2016 |
| Romance / Re: The First Time A Guy Gist A Girl How Was It by tolababa(m): 2:22am On Jun 25, 2016 |
| Religion / Re: Which Church Do You Attend? by tolababa(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2016 |
The African church
| Celebrities / Re: Celebrities From Ogun State. by tolababa(m): 11:34pm On May 20, 2016 |
Shut up, u kwn nothing...wale hails from ogun, he even came to nigeria around 2011/2012, he went to his state to see his grandfather, which is ogun state nt ondo, so go get ur facts right b4 u correct someone.
Wale is from Ile oluji in Ondo state
| Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Free Dragnet Past Questions And Explained Solutions by tolababa(m): 1:04am On May 15, 2016 |
| TV/Movies / Re: Which Nollywood Movie Ever Made You Cry? by tolababa(m): 1:25am On Apr 18, 2016 |
Ota Olorun by Dimeji n Olaiya
Ewuro featuring Ajirebi and his son
| Politics / Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by tolababa(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2016 |
| Politics / Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by tolababa(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2016 |
Go to ondo state
Abeg where is the Ondo State flyover bridge located. Mind you not pedestrian bridge ooo
| Literature / Re: Read For Free: Blood On The Altar by tolababa(m): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2016 |
Chapter 19, tomorrow.
Thanks for following.
Your story nearly made me to skip work yesterday as I read from 1-18, can't wait to see what Blessing end would be
| Literature / Re: Read For Free: Blood On The Altar by tolababa(m): 8:14am On Mar 10, 2016 |
Chapter 19, tomorrow.
Thanks for following.
Your story nearly made me to skip work yesterday as I read from 1-18
| Romance / Re: Valentine's Charge For Men (1) by tolababa(m): 8:33am On Feb 14, 2016 |
What is val? I am in lent!!!
| Celebrities / Re: Celebrities You Never Knew Are From Ondo State by tolababa(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2016 |
1. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde
She is From Ondo west local government.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a Nigerian actress, singer, philanthropist and former model of an Ondo descent from Lagos, Nigeria. Since her Nollywood film debut in 1995, the leading actress has appeared in 300 films, selling millions of video copies.
Late ROY CHICAGO is from Ikare Akoko
| Business / Re: My Girlfriend Said I Look Like Femi Otedola, Is This True? by tolababa(m): 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2016 |
She is always claiming that i look like the Oil Magnate and DJ Cuppy's father, Please Nairalanders. Is this true?
The Twist to this whole ish is that i bear Femi Adetola and he is Femi Otedola. Wierd, you say??
| Travel / Re: Welcome To Akure City (pictures) by tolababa(m): 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2016 |
Akure only became the capital of Ondo state as at 1996! Before then, Ado Ekiti was the capital of Ondo state and all our infrastructures and projects were built there until the town was carved along with Ekiti to become an independence state!
Ever since then, Akure which became the capital after the incidence was just the same while the administration made no effort to develop the place other than the government house and the federal secretariat.
The likes of Agagu faced his Okitipupa while doing nothing in the whole state! Adefarati was the same too! All he did was to face his Akoko land where he was able to entice the state and federal government into building the state university and Nysc camp in Akoko land! he did employ people though but with no consistent payment of salary.
Only Mimiko led administration has really done something to refurbish not only the state capital but several Lga. Every lga for example has modern market structures that has toilets and bathrooms, every Lga also have Mega government school with modern facilities (standby Gen, Swimming pools, Computer lab, AC and Fan) and at least 2-3 free luxury School buses per each LGA, Mother and Child hospital in several lga etc! Have you forgotten when he was demolishing several slums and houses that blocked roads in Akure?
There was no Lga he didn't touch! Although, we could say Akure and Ondo towns really felt more of his presence than other lga (e.g dual roads, medical school, medical village and hospital, the Dome, shoprite etc) but one thing is certain, all the lga felt Mimiko's work.
The only problem in his administration is the shortage of power and impromptly payment of the worker's salary! The shortage of power already had his attention with the newly constructed 1000MW power plant in Omotosho (still in progress)!
Mimiko really tried! I just pray the next administration (whether PDP/APC) will continue the good work!
I disagree with you too
Mother n child hospital in every local govt area?? We have just 3mother n child hospital
Omotoso power plan is only 45MW
When last did people sell their wares in Ikare, ljare and Oba market
Though Mimiko tried his bit just like his predecessors. Adefarati employed more people than Agagu n Mimiko combined together
Agagu started most of the dualisation road in Akure and he even did internal Street road, Agagu borehole nko?
So bro it is a collective effort of the past leaders so stop decieving people
| Sports / Re: Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) by tolababa(m): 9:58am On Nov 27, 2015 |
First FTC thought my account will be credited since but none of it. Please why do nairalander rush to comment first on a thread?
| Politics / Re: It Is Now The Turn Of Ebira People To Produce The Next Governor Of Kogi by tolababa(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2015 |
Se after Yahaya Bello show his impatience by decamping to SDP
| Celebrities / Re: Toyin Aimakhu’s New Lover, Seun Egbegbe Storms Movie Location To Retrieve His Ra by tolababa(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2015 |