Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati (11786 Views)

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
The Presidency has noted with dismay, the utterly false and misleading claim in the lead report in today’s edition of the Daily Trust newspaper that the Federal Government has purchased 200 new “exotic” cars for the African First Ladies Summit which formally opens in Abuja tomorrow.

The true facts of the matter are as follows:

The African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM) which is holding its summit in Abuja is a Non-Governmental Organisation. Its activities are funded by stakeholders and members of the private sector who support and identify with its objectives.

In accordance with its modus operandi, the AFLPM set up several committees, including a finance committee to raise funds and sponsorship for the organization of its Abuja Summit.

As part of its own contributions to the successful hosting of the summit by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Coscharis Motors Ltd. offered to provide some cars for the event at no cost to the organizers or the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Under an agreement signed by the committee and Coscharis Motors, all the cars will be returned to the company after the summit.

As indicated in the body of the report, the editors of Daily Trust were apparently well aware that they had no facts to support the claim in their banner headline that the Federal Government bought the cars in question.

Daily Trust admits in the report that it could not confirm if the cars were “bought outright or hired” yet it went ahead to publish the totally unsubstantiated headline claim – “FG BUYS 200 CARS FOR FIRST LADIES SUMMIT”.

It is highly regrettable that the Editors of the Daily Trust rushed to publish a completely erroneous report, the falsity of which should have been apparent to them.

Their very unprofessional and unethical decision to publish the unverifiable allegation can only be construed as another attempt to incite public anger against the Presidency and the Federal Government.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
July 25, 2012.

http://nigeria24news.com/2012/07/presidency-refutes-report-that-200-cars-were-bought-for-first-ladies-summit/
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by mutiply: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
am nt callin u a laptop agent o,bt hw did u get hold of dis letter directly frm abati?hmmm
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by wesley80(m): 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
^ Shut your putrid mouth my friend. Aren't you ashamed that you and your likes have been running your mouths and throwing insults left right and centre over a totally contrived and mischievous report? Does your shame and those of your fellow kindergarten hopeless bandwagonists have no limit? Instead of expressing some remorse for your unbelievable foolishness you're trying to pass it all off as some sick joke. What on earth is wrong with you people ?

9 Likes

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by doctokwus: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
Bullshit!When did Coscharis turn to a charity company dat gives out cars for hire for free,assuming its evn for hire as we are made 2bliv.Where were d funds for d summit raised frm,if not frm d FG whc in nigeria has turned to a bazaar willing to dole out money blonging to d commonwealth wt nobody feeling nor wanting to b accountable to d taxpayer?Bullshit X2

5 Likes

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by wesley80(m): 12:06am On Jul 26, 2012
doctokwus: Bullshit!When did Coscharis turn to a charity company dat gives out cars for hire for free,assuming its evn for hire as we are made 2bliv.Where were d funds for d summit raised frm,if not frm d FG whc in nigeria has turned to a bazaar willing to dole out money blonging to d commonwealth wt nobody feeling nor wanting to b accountable to d taxpayer?Bullshit X2

Stop yapping like a popular slowpoke I know on this forum over something you obviously don't know jack about. If you've got evidence that the govt purchased or hired those vehicles, present it or simply STFU. The freedom of Information Bill was passed so daft critics like you and your ilk can get yourselves informed yet you all still prefer to wallow in perpetual ignorance while denying others ample space for reasonable discussions and sensible debates. SMH

2 Likes

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by karlmax2: 12:14am On Jul 26, 2012
doctokwus: Bullshit!When did Coscharis turn to a charity company dat gives out cars for hire for free,assuming its evn for hire as we are made 2bliv.Where were d funds for d summit raised frm,if not frm d FG whc in nigeria has turned to a bazaar willing to dole out money blonging to d commonwealth wt nobody feeling nor wanting to b accountable to d taxpayer?Bullshit X2
so if companies like coscharis,glo and multinational companies sponsor shows,seminars and basket mouth comedy show and miss nigeria pergeant that they would not benefit much from Ʊ don't call them charity organisation! If Ʊ own a business Ʊ would knw what they call PR if Ʊ don't ask ur CEO coscharis is a business man.

3 Likes

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by doctokwus: 12:17am On Jul 26, 2012
karl max: so if companies like coscharis,glo and multinational companies sponsor shows,seminars and basket mouth comedy show and miss nigeria pergeant that they would not benefit much from Ʊ don't call them charity organisation! If Ʊ own a business Ʊ would knw what they call PR if Ʊ don't ask ur CEO coscharis is a business man.
And u are as dumb as dey come or a low class sycophant
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by doctokwus: 12:18am On Jul 26, 2012
karl max: so if companies like coscharis,glo and multinational companies sponsor shows,seminars and basket mouth comedy show and miss nigeria pergeant that they would not benefit much from Ʊ don't call them charity organisation! If Ʊ own a business Ʊ would knw what they call PR if Ʊ don't ask ur CEO coscharis is a business man.
Didn't know u were still in kindergarten
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by mutiply: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2012
@wesley
u ar a big fool who will die wretcted,for all d lies u potray to d pple of God,ur generations will live to suffer all wht and d 39 laptop agents ar doin.oloshi
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Lisa1: 8:16am On Jul 26, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by wesley80(m): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2012
mutiply: @wesley
u ar a big fool who will die wretcted,for all d lies u potray to d pple of God,ur generations will live to suffer all wht and d 39 laptop agents ar doin.oloshi

Give me an example of some of the lies I've told or your curse will revert on you ten fold.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by cyril83(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2012
wesley80:

Stop yapping like a popular slowpoke I know on this forum over something you obviously don't know jack about. If you've got evidence that the govt purchased or hired those vehicles, present it or simply STFU. The freedom of Information Bill was passed so daft critics like you and your ilk can get yourselves informed yet you all still prefer to wallow in perpetual ignorance while denying others ample space for reasonable discussions and sensible debates. SMH
use ur brain man and stop saying rubb.I.sh...

5 Likes

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2012
Let's see what the nitwits have to say. By 'nitwits', I mean the garrulous brutes that derive o.r.g.a.s.m.ic satisfaction from blindly castigating and abusing anything related to the President or First Lady. There must be at least 10 of them on NL, each with not less than 200 different user-names.

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by cyril83(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2012
being a business man now warrant him to dash out 200 exotic cars to federal govt...mr man this is not happening anywhere
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2012
And the monkeys who abused Jonathan Yesterday nko?!!

You may want to shut up now before its too late..

Coscharis has always sponsored events in Nigeria.. Example are the CHOGM and COJA events.. They lease these cars out, return them to their show room and wave off 10% from the cost..

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2012
K. We don hear.
Daily Trust, take time o!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ujchief(m): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2012
I dont really blame Daily trust. It was obvious they tried to source for details b4 publishing the news. The original article specified that they contacted Coscharis, who affirmed that a deal was on btw them and the federal govt but was reluctant to give the details. Why wil Coscharis hide the details from the press? Daily trust stil went ahead to contact some govt officials who either was unavailable, or reluctant to divulge info.
I stil believe something is missing here.

3 Likes

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by chuks49(m): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2012
DailyTrust lipsrsealed
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by karlmax2: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2012
cyril83: being a business man now warrant him to dash out 200 exotic cars to federal govt...mr man this is not happening anywhere
where in the lies Ʊ believed did they say the cars were dashed or purchased by FG!! I don't expect Ʊ to knw what PR is all about ask ur boss!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by cyril83(m): 9:15am On Jul 26, 2012
pro01: Let's see what the nitwits have to say. By 'nitwits', I mean the garrulous brutes that derive o.r.g.a.s.m.ic satisfaction from blindly castigating and abusing anything related to the President or First Lady. There must be at least 10 of them on NL, each with not less 200 different user-names.
I belive you are one of the people that will be wiped out from the surface of nigeria before 2015 so u had better wine and dine very well with the president and his wife...
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by lafuria1(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2012
daily trust contacted both d presidency and coscharis motors, both said they were not going say much about the deal. they didnt state weather the cars were hired, bought or free for hire. now that daily trust went ahead to publish they bought the vehicles, they easily deny. but i wondered why the explanation wasnt given when they were contacted initially because it was easy as ABC.
as for using the FOI, it is what you are given u can use. presidency deny, case close. have they ever own up TO anything.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Sirmee(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2012
Alibaba and d 40 thieves i have read abt, now na gej n d 40 thieves sorry 40 laptop men...grin

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 9:20am On Jul 26, 2012
cyril83: I belive you are one of the people that will be wiped out from the surface of nigeria before 2015 so u had better wine and dine very well with the president and his wife...

You also should shut the fhuck up!! Especially as you have nothing reasonable to say!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 9:21am On Jul 26, 2012
mutiply: am nt callin u a laptop agent o,bt hw did u get hold of dis letter directly frm abati?hmmm

You should bury your head in shame everyone of you. Always quick to nail whatever concerns GEJ,like I always say you will all be put to shame or be develop High blood pressure over Gej"s issue. Its now you asked how he got the letter from abati,other letters written and signed you never asked,yo are just a cheap blackmailer and unreasonable at that.
When the press release letter sign by the chief of staf of late ghana president atta mills was brought here did you ask the op hw he got it?mumu. Don't worry we shall disaoppoint those of you that wants the down fall of the president and the goodnews is that you will all go down while he ascends.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2012
Media,media,media?? Nawa 4 daily trust.and to think i cursed the presidency ystday because of a fake news.m sorry oh.i guess we hav to read 4rm 3 diff. Sources b4 commenting
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2012
ujchief: I dont really blame Daily trust. It was obvious they tried to source for details b4 publishing the news. The original article specified that they contacted Coscharis, who affirmed that a deal was on btw them and the federal govt but was reluctant to give the details. Why wil Coscharis hide the details from the press? Daily trust stil went ahead to contact some govt officials who either was unavailable, or reluctant to divulge info.
I stil believe something is missing here.

Why won't something be missing,until you idiots looks for a way to drag the office of the presidency into the mould the story is incomplete. I don't know why you people are always eager to hear bad news about the government. Iron sharpens iron my boy,if you always want to dwell in negativity am sorry its the only thing you will experience all your miserable life. Get a lyf. Next
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2012
binger: Media,media,media?? Nawa 4 daily trust.and to think i cursed the presidency ystday because of a fake news.m sorry oh.i guess we hav to read 4rm 3 diff. Sources b4 commenting

This is exactly how a good citizen should be thinking,I appreciate your sense of remorse and maturity,we forgive you please pray for the president and the country at large. GEJ means well
JOMRA
Jonathan Must Rule Again
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2012
There is no rational behind reporting such falsehood other than promote negativity, Because there is no way, the Presidency would have authorized purchase of 200 vehicles for an event. Its unprofessional journalism.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by MurphyT1: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2012
our national dailys shud stop givin us false info abeg, so FG didnt buy the cars afterall...some pple r just out to heat up the polity...abeg o
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju: And the monkeys who abused Jonathan Yesterday nko?!!

You may want to shut up now before its too late..

Coscharis has always sponsored events in Nigeria.. Example are the CHOGM and COJA events.. They lease these cars out, return them to their show room and wave off 10% from the cost..

@okija
Please educate the his ignorance,this has been coscharis' practice before GEJ came to power so it didn't start with him. Haterzz u will all get disappointed one way or the other before 2015 with evidential achievements and progress.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by cyril83(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

You also should shut the fhuck up!! Especially as you have nothing reasonable to say!!
brawse kindly tell me the reasonable things to say about inhuman president of yours,this is politics,don't you have brain to discover that something is really missing here...
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Elueme: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2012
This is a stale news. If not for perceived partisanship I expected this to have made the front page on NL since the govt position came out before 9pm yesterday but rather they are reluctantly making a thread a las. I didn't want to commend inorder not to expose the folly of Gbawe, Demdem and his co Tinubu foot soldiers but however I chose to advice them to verify before passing judgement. That is what every intelligent goon ll do.. This same false alarms and spurious criticisms is a recurring decima on this forum and it's making the opposition look VERY STUPID !MORONIC and DISGUSTING even to their paymasters.. I hope NL is not a medium for peddling falsehood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Lafia, Nasarawa State Tomorrow / Jubilation As Ben Kalu Receives The Flag At The Apc Campaign Flag Off-aypn / National Assembly Leaders’ Elections: Management Picks Secret Poll,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.