Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,680 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati (11806 Views)

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: Yes Mighty Coscharis can give a thousand cars for free no doubt grin grin
Is just that in this particular case, Coscharis claims is a Transaction between the FG and Maduka (coscharis) and not what Abati told us about it being a donation from Coscharis to an NGO grin grin

There is no shame in admitting you were misinformed by Daily trust!!

This could be therapeutic for you!!

Now say "IM SORRY PRESIDENT JONATHAN, I WAS WRONG".. Its the first step to your healing!!

Dont fight it.. cheesy grin cool
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2012
egift:

Anu mbam park well jor...make Jona and his gangs dey roll pepper grin

Nwokem!!! Take ya time o!!

Oya Join DemDem in this therapy session!!!

Now both of you say "I LOVE PRESIDENT JONATHAN" 3times
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2012
Baawaa:
oh,your father is among the fools grin grin grin

Yes na
Fools beget fools
I was wondering why how you constantly maintain your level of foolishness when I just remembered you are an heir to a fool with full possession of the dominant gene.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Now say "IM SORRY PRESIDENT JONATHAN, I WAS WRONG".. Its the first step to your healing!!

The only shame i see is on you if u dont bring out my first post on this issue which contradicts what my position now. Sorry bro, u are talking jargons. Daily trust did a good job and highlighted their inabilities correctly. Abati even admitted this so whats ur point?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by emmatok(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by emmatok(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2012
When you see people running all over NL to defend GEJ, you should know something is wrong.
Coscharis has a policy of renting cars out to the government and reselling them at a lower price.
The same policy they used for CHOGM and COJA.

Under an agreement signed by the committee and Coscharis Motors, all the cars will be returned to the company after the summit.
http://nigeria24news.com/2012/07/presidency-refutes-report-that-200-cars-were-bought-for-first-ladies-summit/

Those cars are now USED and will be sold as USED after the program.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by tiarabubu: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2012
Some of the people here commenting are amazing.

The 200 cars will be returned and obviously sold to the public. Even if Coscharis sells them at a discount, the PR opportunity for Coscharis is a kill! I imagine that they will make more money from this gesture than if they had paid PR companies to give them similar exposure.

(i) They are exposing their brand to high networth people who have the wherewithal to patronise them (beats advertising on TV where few "big boys" watch any way)

(ii) It gives them political exposure coverted by other companies. I can bet that in each car there will be a company profile of Cocharis, their range of vehicles and options. This is direct marketing!

(iii) It affords them an opportunity to showcase their products for possible expansion to other African Countries. I can imagine MD Coscharis being invited to the state dinner or ball where he will make invaluable relationships and contacts with the most powerful people on the continent (yes some of those wives RUN their countries).

(iv) no business man worth his salt will pass up that opportunity. If I were the organising committee, he would have to pay additional money in addition to the cars sef (After all he paid $1.5m for COJA in addition to 900 cars and it was just to athletes).

You guys should think before bashing government. If you want to bash, please bash the summit itself, which I think is unnecessary. Bashing government based on an untrue story is just being mischievous.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2012
My first Post:

Demdem: When Daily Trust contacted spokesman for Coscharis Motors, Mr. Ifeanyi Nihe, by telephone on Monday, he said the company had supplied vehicles to the Federal Government but refused to state the number and cost. (not to any NGO ooo)

“I am not in the position to give out the real value of the transaction,” he said. (there is a transaction)

When asked which government agency was handling the transaction, Nihe said, “Our company is still talking with some officials of the government. I don’t know whether it is the First Lady’s office or not.”

Nihe also could not confirm to Daily Trust whether the cars were sold or leased out to the government for the event.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/172646-fg-buys-200-cars-for-first-ladies-summit

basically, Abati is telling me that the spokesman of Coscharis Lied. Well considering Abati's precedence, i choose to believe the spokesman more so since he hasnt been sacked by the company the same way some have chosen to believe ABATi.

Second Post:

Demdem:

laptop agent, because Abati said so u expect me and reasonable folks like me to believe. nah, we arent that easily gullible considering Abati's previous lies. Till date he is yet to come out of his hotel room that he claimed he will enter to bring out the list of CHOGM delegates. I dont trust The words of ABATI. Abati should have strictly commented on the claims on the spokesman of coscharis not just any shoddy statement

Third Post:

Demdem: ABATI talk say na gift from Maduka to the NGO,
Coscharis talk say na transaction with GOVERNMENT

Let everyone have his pick and chose to believe whatever. As for me, i choose to believe Coscharis. Abati in my records has always been lying. I wont start believing him now. Coscharis has no history of lies in my records. grin grin grin

Over to u Shrine Man
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jmaine: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2012
emmatok: When you see people running all over NL to defend GEJ, you should know something is wrong.
Coscharis has a policy of renting cars out to the government and reselling them at a lower price.
The same policy they used for CHOGM and COJA.

http://nigeria24news.com/2012/07/presidency-refutes-report-that-200-cars-were-bought-for-first-ladies-summit/

Those cars are now USED and will be sold as USED after the program.

So when we see people running around to criticise GEJ, it shows something is right abi . . .

You shoulda made your point without importing that stale weak lines

Thanks . . .
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by DeGrace01(m): 11:31am On Jul 26, 2012
Publication wout verification is the problem of the press we hv here in naija, everyone want to be the first to say it as if there is a big deal in it. This kind of news is wot makes our press and her jounas irrelevant globally. What will it cost those paid publishers to be double sure b4 going to press to publish this nonsense. U might b out there supporting them cos u hv not bn their victim. The press suppose to be the yardstick for the poor pple for reliable infor, to me they r and never to be trusted simple. Too cheap!!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by erumena(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2012
The link to this story leads to Nigeria 24 News and redirects you to elombah.com, can we get a link to any of the major newspaper in Nigeria that carried the Abati story plus isn't the Government at this point required to demand a public apology on the "said report" from Daily Trust Newspaper? *Just asking!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by usmanyaro17: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2012
Why do some people always blame GEJ for everything when the press is cutting corners,looking for false info to sell their papers,don't we think that our press need a overhaul?if they don't stories let them keep quiet to be lies they go d fill us with,we don tire.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2012
De-Grace01:
Publication wout verification is the problem of the press we hv here in naija, everyone want to be the first to say it as if there is a big deal in it. This kind of news is wot makes our press and her jounas irrelevant globally. What will it cost those paid publishers to be double sure b4 going to press to publish this nonsense. U might b out there supporting them cos u hv not bn their victim. The press suppose to be the yardstick for the poor pple for reliable infor, to me they r and never to be trusted simple. Too cheap!!!

The reporter did no wrong. Its on record that he tried to verify but was rebuffed. He reported exactly on the info he has which is from Coscharis and stated that the govt officials were simply assholes. Did u read the report at all?

Just one question, Do u think Abati would have even commented at all if this report didnt come out? That in itself is a plus. The publication should be hailed
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: My first Post:

Second Post:

Third Post:

Over to u Shrine Man

Now, lets take it back to school;

The Vehicles were supplied to the Government not the NGO.. Could it be because irrespective of the fact that the programme is a non-governmental programme, the Federal Government is also directly involved as this has to do with the Wives of the heads of States of African Nation, hence their security while on Ground would be the utmost priority of the Federal Government?! Could it be because although the vehicles are going to be used by the First Ladies, the SSS still has to setup a security detail even with the cars involved?!! Could it be because the Federal Government will be in more ways than one highly responsible for safely transporting these women safely in, around and back to the airport/out of the country??!!

I dont know, but its definitely food for thought!

Definition of Transaction...

MERRIAM-WEBSTER Dictionary:

trans·ac·tion noun \tran-ˈzak-shən, tran(t)-ˈsak-\
Definition of TRANSACTION
1a : something transacted; especially : an exchange or transfer of goods, services, or funds <electronic transactions> b plural : the often published record of the meeting of a society or association
2a : an act, process, or instance of transacting b : a communicative action or activity involving two parties or things that reciprocally affect or influence each other
— trans·ac·tion·al \-shnəl, -shə-nəl\ adjective

So with this definition, its fair to say that the act of sponsoring the programme with whatever amount of Vehicles even without the involment of finance also amounts to a 'TRANSACTION'...

I hope I have been able to push your line of thought to consider other points you may have overlooked in your eagerness to make the President look bad..

OYA!! Back to therapy!! cool
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2012
THE ARGUMENT FROM THE ANTI-GEJ AND PRO- GEJ SUPPORTERS HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC AND INTRUIGING. MY JUDGEMENT IS THIS. BASED ON THE EVIDENCE BEFORE THIS HONOURABLE COURT, AND THE SUBMISSION FROM FG SPOKESMAN AND COSCHARIS MOTORS, FG ACTUALLY PURCHASED THE 200 CARS FOR THE FIRST LADIES FROM COSCHARIS MOTORS. I RISE. COURT
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by egift(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem!!! Take ya time o!!

Oya Join DemDem in this therapy session!!!

Now both of you say "I LOVE PRESIDENT JONATHAN" 3times

Agadi Nwoke Okija, I had you have now sing that chorus even in your nightmares. Anyway I can see Beaf left to batton with you. I hope you also get to update the bank accout details in his profile with your own grin

Over 200 hottest rides for free? Bros na lie. Ha na gwoogwu ego na Okiji?

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Ayatullah(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2012
WELL IT IS WELL NOTED THAT COSCHARIS IS SELLING FAIRLY USED CARS TO NIGERIANS.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2012
egift:

Agadi Nwoke Okija, I had you have now sing that chorus even in your nightmares. Anyway I can see Beaf left to batton with you. I hope you also get to update the bank accout details in his profile with your own grin

Over 200 hottest rides for free? Bros na lie. Ha na gwoogwu ego na Okiji?

Nwokem they already gave out over 1300 of such before, so it shouldnt surprise you!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by olavictors(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2012
mutiply: @wesley
u ar a big fool who will die wretcted,for all d lies u potray to d pple of God,ur generations will live to suffer all wht and d 39 laptop agents ar doin.oloshi
. If someone like u is God, I wonder what the world will be like
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52am On Jul 26, 2012
Ayatullah: WELL IT IS WELL NOTED THAT COSCHARIS IS SELLING FAIRLY USED CARS TO NIGERIANS.

NOPE!! If it were second hand, you will see it on the milage, and brand new dosent mean nobody has ever driven it or sat inside it before!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Now, lets take it back to school;

The Vehicles were supplied to the Government not the NGO.. Could it be because irrespective of the fact that the programme is a non-governmental programme, the Federal Government is also directly involved as this has to do with the Wives of the heads of States of African Nation, hence their security while on Ground would be the utmost priority of the Federal Government?! Could it be because although the vehicles are going to be used by the First Ladies, the SSS still has to setup a security detail even with the cars involved?!! Could it be because the Federal Government will be in more ways than one highly responsible for safely transporting these women safely in, around and back to the airport/out of the country??!!

I dont know, but its definitely food for thought!

Could it also be that the FG bought those cars and decided to use the NGO as a front to cover up their executive carelessness?
Considering he fact that this same govt ordered for new set of presidential jets months ago, i think this line of thought is also reasonable. grin grin

My friend ur assumptions holds no water

Definition of Transaction...

So with this definition, its fair to say that the act of sponsoring the programme with whatever amount of Vehicles even without the involment of finance also amounts to a 'TRANSACTION'...

I hope I have been able to push your line of thought to consider other points you may have overlooked in your eagerness to make the President look bad..

Also based on my Mobile dicko i have with me here:

Transaction n 1 a piece of esp. commercial business done. b transacting of business etc. 2 (in pl) published reports of discussions, papers,read etc at the meetings of a learned society

Oga, whats ur point again?
However good to know that u admit that i have been consistent all these while. Who should be shameful now?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2012
maryjames9: THE ARGUMENT FROM THE ANTI-GEJ AND PRO- GEJ SUPPORTERS HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC AND INTRUIGING. MY JUDGEMENT IS THIS. BASED ON THE EVIDENCE BEFORE THIS HONOURABLE COURT, AND THE SUBMISSION FROM FG SPOKESMAN AND COSCHARIS MOTORS, FG ACTUALLY PURCHASED THE 200 CARS FOR THE FIRST LADIES FROM COSCHARIS MOTORS. I RISE. COURT

Am sure ur court put into consideration the numerous Lies of Abati in recent past. That definately goes a long way. Abati can never be a credible witness in any court, not even customary
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem:

Oga, whats ur point again?
However good to know that u admit that i have been consistent all these while. Who should be shameful now?

I no get your power abeg!! grin grin grin grin

You dey behave like say Jonathan been thief your shoe when una small!! grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

I no get your power abeg!! grin grin grin grin

You dey behave like say Jonathan been thief your shoe when una small!! grin

Infact, on this issue do u see me mention the Retardeen at all? That is unlike me and its delibrate. I have issues with Abati though not personal but with the way he is handling his public office. Abati is a ffucking liar and it pains me to see Nigerians believe whatever he says without questioning if its so or not
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Pk001(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
"criticizing GEJ is a big business"
A lot people here have just gotten jobs to do, but the irony is that they will still criticize GEJ for creating jobs for them and making them self employed.

Selfish, greedy and never satisfied set of people.
GEJ is just smiling.
I tire for wunna!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jt2010: 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Please quote the misinformed in this daily trust report, Mr. President spokesman said the reports is unprofessional and yet he said:
"As part of its own contributions to the successful hosting of the summit by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Coscharis Motors Ltd. offered to provide some cars for the event at no cost to the organizers or the Federal Government of Nigeria."

From my understanding of Mr. President spokesman statement above, He is only using grammar to tell us that the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan provide the money shocked tongue while Coscharis Motors Ltd provided the cars. grin

Who is this statement [b]"As part of its own contributions" [/b]referring to
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ogogoromaster: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
What are they doing with 200 brand new cars whether for hire,gift or purchased.According to the wikipedia,there are 54 recognizable sovereign states or countries in Afica.Therefore we are expecting about 54 first ladies inclusive of our first Lady.Even if you give 3 cars to each first lady( asumming one to convey the first lady,one for her personal staffs and the other for security),we would still have 38 cars left.The government has no excuse for such ostentacious and lavish lifestyle for a position that is not even recognised in the constitution.I sincerely think that the tax men should look at Coscharis transactions more carefully,I am very clear that a much sinister transaction is been consumated.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Next2Bezee(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem:

Infact, on this issue do u see me mention the Retardeen at all? That is unlike me and its delibrate. I have issues with Abati not not personal but with the way he is handling his public office. Abati is a ffucking liar and it pains me to see Nigerians believe whatever he says without questioning if its so or not

I agree with you, What motive could Daily Trust possibly have to "incite public anger against the Presidency and the Federal Government"? They did say they had no facts to support the claim.

While its better to get more facts on this and not just pounce on GEJ and his government, it just seems stupid that sum people worship the very ground they walk and believe they can do no wrong.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jt2010: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

[size=14pt]NOW SHUT THE FHUCK UP!!!

Thank you!![/size]

P.S Your write up on Genevieve and the Range Rover Evoque gift was as stupid as the rest of your post!!

#OKBYE

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!!!

Good to know!!! lipsrsealed Now compare the two scenario and tell me that the CBN Governor statement is not relevant to the argument that this government is reckless with fund and lack the knowledge to know the different between collective and personal interests (conflicts of Interests)!!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by gegee(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
daily trust is anti jonathan....quote me
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ANYPEN(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

Please go through your submission again,all the mishaps you listed above were there before GEJ came in and don't over flog the issue but with respect to the incessant bomb blasts you can blame that on buhari,he us the cause and the primary sponsor of boko haram. Bad health care,accidents and hardship you say again. Where we ever free from all these menaces before now?

Was petrol 97/L before now?

& why didn't you justify the number of first ladies with the number of exotic cars?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
gegee: daily trust is anti jonathan....quote me

the same way tribune, thisday etc are pro Jonathan. However does this matter at all?
We should only be concerned about the contents. Trust got this report right while also stating their inadequacies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

52 Northern Groups Convene Security Meeting In Kaduna / President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.