Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati (11805 Views)

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by DExplorer1: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2012
jmaine:

We call it futile Straw grasping attempt cheesy . . .Their useless convulsive fists yesterday is an embarrassment to them . . . .So they are merely trying to save face and prestige . .

They have all being commssioned to criticise GEJ . . .The biggest and most yielding profitable venture in the polity grin

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2012
I am surprised Coscharis has not made any comments to diffuse any negative opinions growing against it in this matter.. anyway some businesses are in neck-deep with the FG so maybe he is just spreading $10,600,000 (for 200 Jaguars XF) worth of Goodwill on the Jaguar XJ - Rumour mills from one of the event sponsors BBd me the pix

Coscharis Try ooooh grin grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jt2010: 10:32am On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: So much hate out here. The question is, did Presidency spend government money rent cars for first lady's summit ? The answer is no. Anyone who has seen invoice sent to Government by Coscharis should tell me how much was written there. Coscharis is a rich company, they even gave Genevieve Range Rover Evoque for promotion, Hyundai gave WhizKid Sonata as a gift, its calledd PR, how much more giving 200 exotic cars to First Ladies for temporal use. Infact, I am ready to even give my cars to First ladies to use to promote my firm. Its called PR.

nagoma:

You are out of touch with the loss of hope among Nigerians, you would have seen the rationale in suspecting foul play here. Here we have a president who is physically fit, presumably well educated and with an experience that should be the envy of any US president (a State Deputy Governor, a State Governor , a Country Vice President and then a President) and yet exhebits a glaringly obvious lack of capacity and will to arrest the escalating monumental corruption that characterizes his government. A president who promises transformation has no inclination to move the life of the ordinary nigerian citezen to a better state. Nigerians are angry please.
And if Choscaris is just a philanthropic organization that is eager to help the first lady and the country why are they hesitant to explain what they are doing. Why should helping the country be shrouded in secrecy? Nigerians cannot continue to be fooled and bamboozled even if you guys are given 4000 lap tops.

Why are you talking up and down like a little Kid. Abati said the cars are for Africa First lady's event and the cars will be returned after the events. The cars are hired. So you dont want us to host the event, or you dont want the cars to be hired. You want us to use bicycles to ferry the first ladies ?
In one of your previous post, you claim the cars are hired, now you are claiming PR. Giving out one car is different from giving our 200 cars. If one of the cars cost N5M, it means N5 million multiple by 200. Please tell us the turnover of Coscharis.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2012
jt2010:

In one of your previous post, you claim the cars are hired, now you are claiming PR. Giving out one car is different from giving our 200 cars. If one of the cars cost N5M, it means N5 million multiple by 200. Please tell us the turnover of Coscharis.
Given out for use, or hire or rent... call it what you want.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by HammedSodiqq: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2012
I knew from the first day the rumor started that it was false. No Govt in any part of the world can be neck deep in NGO's activities. People should have their facts before they feed us with false and unverifiable stories. These newspapers are now retracting their comments. God help us o. #naijagobeta
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2012
“The true facts of the matter are as follows: The African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM) which is holding its summit in Abuja is a Non-Governmental Organisation. Its activities are funded by stakeholders and members of the private sector who support and identify with its objectives.

“In accordance with its modus operandi, the AFLPM set up several committees, including a finance committee to raise funds and sponsorship for the organization of its Abuja Summit. As part of its own contributions to the successful hosting of the summit by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Coscharis Motors Ltd. offered to provide some cars for the event at no cost to the organizers or the Federal Government of Nigeria.

“Under an agreement signed by the committee and Coscharis Motors, all the cars will be returned to the company after the summit. As indicated in the body of the report, the editors of Daily Trust were apparently well aware that they had no facts to support the claim in their banner headline that the Federal Government bought the cars in question.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by mufc009(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

They are really generous grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jt2010: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Given out for use, or hire or rent... call it what you want.

Bros,

Extract of statement from CBN Governor,
Lamido Sanusi, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), said on Tuesday after the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting that risks to the country’s economy from high government spending, worsening security problems and lower oil output were “ominous”.

Tell me the CBN governor is paid to discredit GEJ.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by idirect(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I am surprised Coscharis has not made any comments to diffuse any negative opinions growing against it in this matter.. anyway some businesses are in neck-deep with the FG so maybe he is just spreading $10,600,000 (for 200 Jaguars XF) worth of Goodwill on the Jaguar XJ - Rumour mills from one of the event sponsors BBd me the pix

grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2012
That is better,our only weapon is to talk,do we know the billions they misappropriate secretely?naija i hail thee.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2012
jt2010:

Bros,

Create a thread for that, so we can analyse it. Thank you. We dont need to derail.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ANYPEN(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

Go and unseat him.
You will continue to wonder until 2019 when he will be officially leaving the office.

For you to have come this far in defending GEJ whose government has brought shame & disregard to human welfare & lives, then, you must be on a payroll. There's one prayer I always have for people who see the truth in this government & ignore it for selfish reasons, that the blood of all that lost their lives because of bad governance (bombs, bad health care, accidents on bad roads, robbery, maiming, hardship etc) should never go to rest instead the blood should be on you guys.

Hiring, buying or dashing cars is just one of many atrocities in this government. Why 200 exotic cars in the first place? How many first ladies do we presently have in ABUJA? If each first lady have one car, what's wrong with their envoys using buses or is it that the federal government who is a major stakeholder In this can provide buses?

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by JimmyBoy1: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2012
Something is still missing in the government story, to the best of my knowledge, Coscharis do not sell tokunboh cars and neither do they engage in car hire services. So, is Coscharis going to sell the car hired-out to Madam peshe's to unsuspecting customers's as new cars?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jmaine: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2012
jt2010:

Bros,

How does the Sanusi extract you provided, correlate with this thread; the rubuttal of the useless lies peddled yesterday; and the fact that your all tongue tied,clueless, and confused on what line of action to adopt

Now do us a favour and explain the correlation of your Sanusi extract with this thread
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by DExplorer1: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2012
HammedSodiqq: I knew from the first day the rumor started that it was false. No Govt in any part of the world can be neck deep in NGO's activities. People should have their facts before they feed us with false and unverifiable stories. These newspapers are now retracting their comments. God help us o. #naijagobeta

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2012
jt2010:

I disagree with your statement. When a company advert a products, they do not expect every body to buy the products, such products is aim at their target audience and they look out for any person that has the similarity to drive home the products to their target customers and Genevivi in this case is a perfect person for such exotic car.

Bros, spare us this defense, Coscharis did not give out free BMW 3 Series for the All Africa Games in 2003 (COJA), it was a total business transaction that involve government paying. Please provide your evident that prove it was free or PR as you claim.

VANGUARD NEWSPAPER:

[size=18pt]Nigeria: Coscharis Sponsors Coja for $1.5 Million[/size]
By Akeem Oyetunji, Abuja, 30 June 2003 Comment
THE Organising Committee for the Abuja 2003 Games, COJA has signed a landmark Partnership agreement with Coscharis Motors (BMW) as the Official Car Provider for the Games. Coscharis Motors, with the signing of the contract will not only make available [size=24pt]900 BMW vehicles[/size] for the Games but, [size=24pt]also pay a whopping $1.5 million to COJA as sponsorship fee.[/size] An elated Dr. Amos Adamu, COJA Executive Director, at the signing ceremony in Abuja said, "this is a history making event because this is the first time in Nigeria that organising committee will secure this magnitude of sponsorship from one brand.

"I am extremely happy today to inform you that as the official Partner of the Games, BMW is providing COJA with 900 vehicles through assorted brands 3 series, 5 series, 7 series and X5 cars.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200306300536.html

[size=14pt]NOW SHUT THE FHUCK UP!!!

Thank you!![/size]

P.S Your write up on Genevieve and the Range Rover Evoque gift was as stupid as the rest of your post!!

#OKBYE

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!!!

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by nkemKalu: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

My broda I asked you a simple question but you never answered,are you saying you were enjoying good government before the emergence of Gej?? If you answer this question truthfully then we can talk. Until then ponder over the question
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT....THERE WAS THIS HYPE THAT A PHD HOLDER, A FORMER GOVERNOR, DEPUTY GOVERNOR, VICE PRESIDENT, ACTING PRESIDENT AND CONFIRMED PRESIDENT TO FINISH YAR'ADUA'S TENOR AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.....THE MAN WITH THE MAGICAL GOODLUCK WHO WILL TURN THINGS AROUND WAS THERE TO DO THE MAGIC. AND TILL DATE....I MUST BE HONEST WITH U, HE HAS PROVEN TO BE THE WORST OF ALL THE FORMER HEADS OF STATES PUT TOGETHER...BOTH LITERATES AND ILLITERATE ONES IN THE PAST. HE HAS PUT US INTO A POLITICAL GUTTER AND DOESN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE CHEMISTRY OF NIGERIAN POLITICS. ONE NOW BEGINS TO WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPENED IF HE WAS NOT EDUCATED TO THAT LEVEL...ABI NA SORTING CARRY..AM GO GET PHD? SIMPLY PUT WE WENT FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE AS FAR AS GOVERNANCE IS CONCERNED.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2012
ANY-PEN :

For you to have come this far in defending GEJ whose government has brought shame & disregard to human welfare & lives, then, you must be on a payroll. There's one prayer I always have for people who see the truth in this government & ignore it for selfish reasons, that the blood of all that lost their lives because of bad governance (bombs, bad health care, accidents on bad roads, robbery, maiming, hardship etc) should never go to rest instead the blood should be on you guys.

Hiring, buying or dashing cars is just one of many atrocities in this government. Why 200 exotic cars in the first place? How many first ladies do we presently have in ABUJA? If each first lady have one car, what's wrong with their envoys using buses or is it that the federal government who is a major stakeholder In this can provide buses?

Please go through your submission again,all the mishaps you listed above were there before GEJ came in and don't over flog the issue but with respect to the incessant bomb blasts you can blame that on buhari,he us the cause and the primary sponsor of boko haram. Bad health care,accidents and hardship you say again. Where we ever free from all these menaces before now?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Baawaa(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

Ur fada
oh,your father is among the fools grin grin grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2012
MORE

THISDAY NEWSPAPER:

[size=24pt]Nigeria: Chogm: Coscharis Hands Over 400bmw Cars to FG[/size]
By Iyefu Adoba, 30 November 2003 Comment
Abuja — The Chairman of the National Task Force of the Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting, (CHOGM), Ambas-sador Aderemi Esan yesterday in Abuja received some of the BMW cars presented by the Group Chairman of Coscharis Nigeria Limited, Mr. Cosmas Maduka.

Receiving the cars on behalf of CHOGM, the Chairman of the Task Force, Ambassador Aderemi Esan disclosed that the contribution of the cars by Coscharis would save the Federal Government about N2.5 billion Naira.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200311300075.html

I shall await responses!!

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by egift(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2012
Coscharis Motors - is now Father Xmas - Providing 200 of their finest cars for F.REE shocked shocked shocked
If you believe this, you must be a ... ok try borrow 3, drive go village and return them to Coscharis Motors grin grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:02am On Jul 26, 2012
egift: Coscharis Motors - is now Father Xmas - Providing 200 of their finest cars for F.REE shocked shocked shocked
If you believe this, you must be a ... ok try borrow 3, drive go village and return them to Coscharis Motors grin grin

Anu Ofia, did you read the posts above yours?!!!

If you cant phatom the fact that Coscharis can do this then you must be living in a state of abject mental and physical poverty!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Boazizzy08: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2012
our problem is that we are always quick to react,even when we are not properly informed.and daily post was really unprofessional yesterday for misguiding the public.how can you carry a news you are not sure of?

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2012
Boazizzy08: our problem is that we are always quick to react,even when we are not properly informed.and daily post was really unprofessional yesterday for misguiding the public.how can you carry a news you are not sure of?

Fhuck Daily Trust!!

What about the Nigerians who jumped on the News to talk shit only for them now to see that its a lie and still cant humble themselves to say they were wrong!! angry
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Jungleprince1(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2012
Who go buy the used car?
Pls let me know
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by busoye19: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
[DailyPost] 200 exotic cars for Summit: We will return them after the programme – FG http:///IBiB5fWw
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
Jungleprince1: Who go buy the used car?
Pls let me know

Everybody!! The cars are used for just a few days max!! You wouldnt even be able to tell the difference in most cases!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
Yes Mighty Coscharis can give a thousand cars for free no doubt grin grin
Is just that in this particular case, Coscharis claims is a Transaction between the FG and Maduka (coscharis) and not what Abati told us about it being a donation from Coscharis to an NGO grin grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2012
nkem Kalu: THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT....THERE WAS THIS HYPE THAT A PHD HOLDER, A FORMER GOVERNOR, DEPUTY GOVERNOR, VICE PRESIDENT, ACTING PRESIDENT AND CONFIRMED PRESIDENT TO FINISH YAR'ADUA'S TENOR AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.....THE MAN WITH THE MAGICAL GOODLUCK WHO WILL TURN THINGS AROUND WAS THERE TO DO THE MAGIC. AND TILL DATE....I MUST BE HONEST WITH U, HE HAS PROVEN TO BE THE WORST OF ALL THE FORMER HEADS OF STATES PUT TOGETHER...BOTH LITERATES AND ILLITERATE ONES IN THE PAST. HE HAS PUT US INTO A POLITICAL GUTTER AND DOESN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE CHEMISTRY OF NIGERIAN POLITICS. ONE NOW BEGINS TO WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPENED IF HE WAS NOT EDUCATED TO THAT LEVEL...ABI NA SORTING CARRY..AM GO GET PHD? SIMPLY PUT WE WENT FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE AS FAR AS GOVERNANCE IS CONCERNED.

I share in your frustration and concern for your country but let us reason together now in a civil manner,Obasanjo governed this entity called nigeria for 8 solid years. Where are we today? Goodluck on the other hand,Goodluck is barely 2years,2 years my brother and fellow nigerians,do you expect him to do the magic his predecessors couldn't achieve in years.
Furthermore,Gej is more than willing to implement every budget but the legislature is not helping matters imagine approving the appropriation bill in march or april and you expect implementation before the year runs out!!! So the positive and intelligent step he is about to take against 2013 budget is to submit it by september this year while the slow legislators take 2 or 3 months to approve so by novermber or december he can start working tirelessly on the implementation.

Remember what he said on the media chat,come 2013 you will all be amazed by his accomplishments and trust me I believe and have faith in him.

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by jmaine: 11:16am On Jul 26, 2012
E-waste:
Coscharis Motors - is now Father Xmas - Providing 200 of their finest cars for F.REE shocked shocked shocked

How do you always achieve this level of stvpidity on a constant basis undecided
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by egift(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Anu Ofia, did you read the posts above yours?!!!

If you cant phatom the fact that Coscharis can do this then you must be living in a state of abject mental and physical poverty!!

Anu mbam park well jor...make Jona and his gangs dey roll pepper grin
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2012
Jungleprince1: Who go buy the used car?
Pls let me know

What a dumb question,you have finally exposed your ignorance and foolishness. How would you know the car was even used,how many days do you think the summit lasts. Guy you dey fall hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC / Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge / 2017: S/south, S/west Gulp 52% Of Federal Roads Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.