Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,192 members, 7,839,055 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati (11808 Views)

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ANYPEN(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pk001: "criticizing GEJ is a big business"
A lot people here have just gotten jobs to do, but the irony is that they will still criticize GEJ for creating jobs for them and making them self employed.

Selfish, greedy and never satisfied set of people.
GEJ is just smiling.
I tire for wunna!!

People pick words to say either from the brain or from the bin. Go get your brain from wherever you kept it before stepping out here to vomit rubbish
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by victor2020(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
there are some elements of truth,in every rumour!!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Pk001(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
ANY-PEN :

People pick words to say either from the brain or from the bin. Go get your brain from wherever you kept it before stepping out here to vomit rubbish

Oh! You mean you got your brain from the bin?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
ANY-PEN :

Was petrol 97/L before now?

& why didn't you justify the number of first ladies with the number of exotic cars?

My friend,the circumstances surrounding the hike in petrol is a good development but bad timing. The presidency just told you they did not buy 200 cars rather it could be for hire or a donation from coscharis. What else do you want na
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Abati told u what u want to hear. the question is "Is he saying the truth?" considering the fact that the Company had earlier stated that it isnt charity
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by gegee(m): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem:

the same way tribune, thisday etc are pro Jonathan. However does this matter at all?
We should only be concerned about the contents. Trust got this report right while also stating their inadequacies

they knew of the inadequacy oft their information but went ahead with the screaming headline disperaging the FG what else is their motive ?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ANYPEN(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pk001:

Oh! You mean you got your brain from the bin?

You will never get what am saying until you stop picking from the bin and find time to go get your brain!
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by ifihearam: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
Demdem: Abati told u what u want to hear. the question is "Is he saying the truth?" considering the fact that the Company had earlier stated that it isnt charity

What makes u think he wouldn't say the truth??
Ofcouse because you have conditioned ur polluted mind to only believe the negative sides of GEJ
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

What makes u think he wouldn't say the truth??
Ofcouse because you have conditioned ur polluted mind to only believe the negative sides of GEJ

Because he has antecedent of lies. He is a Liar. Thats what he is paid to do. secondly, it goes against what the coscharis rep claimed is the true situation. Coscharis rep doesnt have an history of lies like Abati. Abati didnt comment on that part of the report, he simply called for the head of Daily trust.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by egbetokuns(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
Many comment here does nt reflect the true picture of the story I wonder why people comment witout making solid point.our gov are nt trnasparent at all if daily sun ar nt written about it we can't knw the reason behind it but why citizen we need verification from our govt official and they wil refuse to open up.on my own part I giv kudo to daily trust for good job.our gov ar nt sincer and I can never believe any comment frm gov representative."They were only support gov.plz we don't knw true pix of the issue and in reporting theirs wat it call uncomfirm report and it allow and I stil salute daily trust
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by merengue: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
It is very unfortunate the kind of falsehood that finds expression in Nigeria these days. While it is understandable that borne out of past experiences and GEJ's abysmal performance (my personal opinion), people find it easy to believe anything negative about the government, that should not be a substitute for proper investigative journalism.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by nkemKalu: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

I share in your frustration and concern for your country but let us reason together now in a civil manner,Obasanjo governed this entity called nigeria for 8 solid years. Where are we today? Goodluck on the other hand,Goodluck is barely 2years,2 years my brother and fellow nigerians,do you expect him to do the magic his predecessors couldn't achieve in years.
Furthermore,Gej is more than willing to implement every budget but the legislature is not helping matters imagine approving the appropriation bill in march or april and you expect implementation before the year runs out!!! So the positive and intelligent step he is about to take against 2013 budget is to submit it by september this year while the slow legislators take 2 or 3 months to approve so by novermber or december he can start working tirelessly on the implementation.

Remember what he said on the media chat,come 2013 you will all be amazed by his accomplishments and trust me I believe and have faith in him.
POINT of correction.....plsss..................Goodluck has spent more than two years as sitting President. He spent two years of Yar 'Aduas tenor doing nothing....and just sitting. Then he has spent over one year of his own tenor. Ok...the crux of the matter is not even his present achievements, but that he doesn't even seem to know where he is going...or rather we don't know what he is doing. Think of it....6 years single tenor, Subsidy removal, Insecurity in the country without action, massive corruption, UNILAG TO MAULAG, wife as Perm. Sec. when she can not even put two sentences correctly together, empty promises - eg...where are the mass transit buses he promised during the subsidy removal? Where are the railway lines? Massive electricity bill increase when we cannot even see the light.....or atleast he wants us to pay for electricity in advance? abi? , change of car plate number, and a whole lot of irrelevant things to the average Nigerian, bad budget in itself where the presidency is proposing to spend about 75% of its Budget for recurrent expenditures, bad implementation of such budget in itself and many more. Atleast we should have seen some improvement after the increament of petrol from 65 naira to 97 naira. Where are the plans on ground for the refineries he promised and which old ones are working now? So which magic again do u think he is going to do in 2013? He should tell that 2013 thing to the blues.

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Mandelaguy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
The idio.ts should furnish us with purchase evidence or receipt of any form. Their war of falsehood is beginning to piss me off.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by oseo1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
I do not understand why we are still commenting on this topic, we all knew yesterday that we did not have the complete story so why are we doubting the authenticity of what abati said. Coshcharis has done it several times before and they will do it again. Its a good business practice because for their donations they get tax breaks and import duty waivers.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
All of these countries have embassies or high commissions here. Therefore, I see no reason why the high commissions cannot handle the transportation of their first ladies. Just saying anyway. No need for government to get involved considering it is an NGO. But then, "they" know better

1 Like

Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
>>>>DELETED<<<<<
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
THERE ARE 54 COUNTRIES IN AFRICA wink
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
>>>.Deleted.<<<
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
nwanna89: THERE ARE 54 COUNTRIES IN AFRICA wink

!.Entourage, aides and security!.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by dexmond: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
Abati is not saying the truth.
Attempts to seek explanation from the office were not successful as a spokesman declined comment while the minister of state, Dr. Yerima Ngama, did not answer calls to his phone on Monday.

Also, attempts to get reaction from the office of the First Lady were not successful. Her spokesman Ayo Adewuyi could not be reached by telephone on Monday and yesterday.

Why did they not respond to the Daily Trust Journalist who reported the transactions. Jonathan's government will lead Nigeria into bankruptcy.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2012
dexmond: Abati is not saying the truth.

Why did they not respond to the Daily Trust Journalist who reported the transactions. Jonathan's government will lead Nigeria into bankruptcy.

.They were Busy

They didnt see the calls

They didnt feel like answering

They didnt give a fhuck!!

They were not in the mood to talk the press!!

e.t.c .
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

!.Entourage, aides and security!.

Let me not assume the cars were bought anyway. But, they could have assigned one bus to each country's entourage. They have enough coaster buses for that. They cant just put one First lady's aide inside one jaguar or BMW alone. That way, they save some money, fuel, traffic, and so on.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Okijajuju1(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
nwanna89:

Let me not assume the cars were bought anyway. But, they could have assigned one bus to each country's entourage. They have enough coaster buses for that. They cant just put one First lady's aide inside one jaguar or BMW alone. That way, they save some money, fuel, traffic, and so on.

Dont worry dear, if indeed 200 cars would be coming from Coscharis, they would be part of a sponsorship deal.. Coscharis does it on a regular..
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Mucokey(m): 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

we forgive you please pray for the president and the country at large. GEJ means well
JOMRA
Jonathan Must Rule Again
Just imagine urself as a sort of "forgiver" n your daft co...
What happened xday when GEJ A$$ lickers re asked to submit forms.
@the topic...even as of xday when it's opined, most of your type re still defensive by justifying dis abuse of power
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by mutiply: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ifihear am
whn dis letter came out,dere was no source dats was why i asked casued we dnt knw who is who here,u went and start insultin ur head and sayin jonathan will rule again,dnt come near me cause u cant handle it whn it starts.be warned
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by wesley80(m): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
mutiply: @ifihear am
whn dis letter came out,dere was no source dats was why i asked casued we dnt knw who is who here,u went and start insultin ur head and sayin jonathan will rule again,dnt come near me cause u cant handle it whn it starts.be warned
My friend keep quiet abeg. Cyber Tiger, if there wasn't a source why didn't you ask for one? why did u rather choose to insinuate he's a paid agent?.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Eziachi: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju: And the monkeys who abused Jonathan Yesterday nko?!!

You may want to shut up now before its too late..

Coscharis has always sponsored events in Nigeria.. Example are the CHOGM and COJA events.. They lease these cars out, return them to their show room and wave off 10% from the cost..
Please excuse my ignorance, my questions are this:
1. Is Coscharis sponsoring this event or one of many other sponsors? What do they get out of it, as they profit making business not a charity organisation?
2. Isn't lease the baptism name for Hire? Can they be sponsoring the event and at the same time leasing their property towards what they are equally paying for?
3. If this is not the case, so who is bankrolling the car leasing from Coscharis or is Coscharis paying themselves?

4. If their sponsorship ends with just giving out 200 cars, who is responsible for feeding, accommodation and general welfare of this African queens and their entourage?

5. Who is paying the drivers of this 200 cars or does Coscharis has 200 drivers on their payroll as well?

6. Who is paying for the security of this lovely African ladies? Is it Coscharis too?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by brownlord: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

You should bury your head in shame everyone of you. Always quick to nail whatever concerns GEJ,like I always say you will all be put to shame or be develop High blood pressure over Gej"s issue. Its now you asked how he got the letter from abati,other letters written and signed you never asked,yo are just a cheap blackmailer and unreasonable at that.
When the press release letter sign by the chief of staf of late ghana president atta mills was brought here did you ask the op hw he got it?mumu. Don't worry we shall disaoppoint those of you that wants the down fall of the president and the goodnews is that you will all go down while he ascends.

what do you see yourself as? i bet you those in govt are dont even have tike for NL so get yourself a job
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Eziachi: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

How many people who actually watch Nigerian movies can afford the Range Rover Evoque?!!

Could they have given it to like a Dame Jonathan whom 99% of her close friends could possibly buy one?!!

ITS called P.R sir... Same as Coscharis sponsoring the All Africa Games in 2003 (COJA).. The P.R they got from that made the BMW 3 Series popularly called COJA a household name and also sold insane numbers of that brand of car... The move was priceless.

So this is also business sir..

So whats your point!!
Ethnic politics apart, you are in all honesty comparing all African games that was watched by billions of television audience worldwide to a Jamboree of wives of African dictators?
If you are a true business person, you will sponsor an event no one knew about and unpopular event for that matter?
That is not PR, its called suicide, because if you have ran any sort of corporate business, you will never like to be associated with anything that is unpopular like this jamboree.
Or do you think that many Tanzanians starving from recent drought will be rushing to buy Coscharis car tomorrow because the wife of their president was on a Jamboree in Abuja by brother Cosmas?
Just think about it. I doff my hat off for some of you, that defend the indefensible day in day out.
For GEJ, a president that rushed off to Brasil recently when his own domain was on fire on the excuse that he is desperate to save the planet is at the same time unleashing 200 gas guzzling car on the streets of Abuja, something a single airconditioned coach can handle, does it make sense to you?
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by Eziachi: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam:

I was about saying same thing to you,bad government you say, please tell me the good government inplace before GEJ came in2 power am waiting oooo.
Are seriously waiting or you are just making fun of someone? GEJ govt so far makes every past govt, including Shagari's looks likes like a polished diamond.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by wesley80(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
Eziachi:
Please excuse my ignorance, my questions are this:
1. Is Coscharis sponsoring this event or one of many other sponsors? What do they get out of it, as they profit making business not a charity organisation?
2. Isn't lease the baptism name for Hire? Can they be sponsoring the event and at the same time leasing their property towards what they are equally paying for?
3. If this is not the case, so who is bankrolling the car leasing from Coscharis or is Coscharis paying themselves?

4. If their sponsorship ends with just giving out 200 cars, who is responsible for feeding, accommodation and general welfare of this African queens and their entourage?

5. Who is paying the drivers of this 200 cars or does Coscharis has 200 drivers on their payroll as well?

6. Who is paying for the security of this lovely African ladies? Is it Coscharis too?

1a) Coscharis is just one of possibly numerous sponsors.
b) They get right standing with a govt that's obligated to purchase clean and sometimes exotic cars annually. Complete this statement; One good turn deserves . . . ..
2) Here's a quote from the statement issued by Abati
As part of its own contributions to the successful hosting of the summit by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Coscharis Motors Ltd. offered to provide some cars for the event at no cost to the organizers or the Federal Government of Nigeria. Under an agreement signed by the committee and Coscharis Motors, all the cars will be returned to the company after the summit.
Hope that's cleared?
3) Maybe this explanation by Okija Juju wld help out here.
Coscharis has always sponsored events in Nigeria.. Example are the CHOGM and COJA events.. They lease these cars out, return them to their show room and wave off 10% from the cost..[quote] Hope we r making progress?

4a) I'm sure by now u understand they aren't "giving out" 200 cars right?
b) Here's another part of the statement and I leave you to draw your conclusions
[quote]Its activities are funded by stakeholders and members of the private sector who support and identify with its objectives. In accordance with its modus operandi, the AFLPM set up several committees, including a finance committee to raise funds and sponsorship for the organization of its Abuja Summit.

5) If Coscharis could allow 200 of their prized cars out of their sight even though they intend to sell them at a profit, I don't think paying for 200 more trusted drivers would be too much. What do u think?

6) Security is the contribution of the Nigerian govt to a successful summit - is that too much?.
Re: First Ladies' Summit: 200 Cars Claim Denied By Abati by mutiply: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
wesley80
WTF is wrong wit u,i stoped replying u cause u ar d most ignorant fellow on earth,is like u skiped ur pills and rehab 2day,whn u ar ready,believe me,i will b ready.NL has be compromised,d truth will come out soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Judge Requests COVID-19 Test From Protesters Before They Can Be Bailed In Lagos / Kano Court Fixes April 17 For Ganduje, Wife, Son’s Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.