Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? (11020 Views)

Why Do Women Always Return To Guys They Once Rejected. / 9ja Women Always Faking! / Why Do Black Women Always Have Attitude Towards Guys Dating White Females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 13, 2007

Yes O ladies grin. Can you tell us why after all the shakara of equality and equal rights for men and women in the home or in society, most of you still prefer to "marry up". Not even feminists can deny this!! Oya let us hear O cheesy
[color=Black][/color]
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by scambater(m): 4:07am On Dec 13, 2007
I'm not a lady, I'm just curious because I'm nosey like that. what do you mean by "marrying Up"
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ifyalways(f): 4:12am On Dec 13, 2007
scambater:

I'm not a lady, I'm just curious because I'm nosey like that. what do you mean by "marrying Up"
grin grin grin una no go take laugh kill pesin here oooooooh.Mr poster can you pls explin yaself in clearer terms .what exactly do you mean by MARRYING UP lmao english english grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 13, 2007
marrying up means marrying a man that has an upper body.

kidding

Means marrying a man that is financially better than the family the girl grew up in.

i.e going higher.

e.g she grew  up in Ndiolumbe she wants to marry a man living in Onitsha grin

Her father drove a beetles she wants a man driving a Hummer cool

ain't nothing wrong with it.
Our God is able to lift us from glory ( e.g face me I face you flat in Akowonjo) to glory (duplex in VCG) grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by iice(f): 4:25am On Dec 13, 2007
Prefer someone in my own league
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 13, 2007
Biko my sisters any girl wey see rich man with great qualities,don't let him go.
Nothing wrong with it.
no be woman go marry am ?
why not you wink
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 13, 2007
who wants a struggling man wearing"I swear to God" shoes?
some of us can't manage grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by iice(f): 4:43am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

man wearing"I swear to God" shoes?

LMFAO grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by scambater(m): 5:36am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

kidding

Means marrying a man that is financially better than the family the girl grew up in.

i.e going higher.

e.g she grew up in Ndiolumbe she wants to marry a man living in Onitsha grin

Our God is able to lift us from glory ( e.g face me I face you flat in Akowonjo) to glory (duplex in VCG) grin

Bayosisi thunder will scatter you head, you know Onitsha has it going on. tongue
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 13, 2007
scambater:

Bayosisi thunder will scatter you head, you know Onitsha has it going on. tongue

I rebuke you Satan!!
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by scambater(m): 5:42am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

I rebuke you Satan!!

grin grin grin grin back to sender
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by aloib(f): 5:48am On Dec 13, 2007
^^^^^hmm yu guys shuld stop wid the watever and get a room ***runs away from thread** cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ifyalways(f): 5:49am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

kidding

i.e going higher.

e.g she grew  up in Ndiolumbe she wants to marry a man living in Onitsha grin

oh thanks  kiss guess now i might contribute  wink

@ topic yes we like marrying up cos we dont like marrying down. cool
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 13, 2007
aloib:

^^^^^hmm yu guys shuld stop wid the watever and get a room ***runs away from thread** cheesy cheesy grin

TUFIAKWA.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 13, 2007
ifyalways:

oh thanks  kiss guess now i might contribute  wink

@ topic yes we like marrying up because we don't like marrying down. cool

My sister I don't blame you.
Who wants to be drinking garri with salt in her matrimonial home?
what will people say cool
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by scambater(m): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2007
@biola

I don't know watin them give you  smoke for philippine tonight shocked Nwando aka babyo na my sister straight out of Umahia abeg
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 13, 2007
nwando:

My sister I don't blame you.
Who wants to be drinking garri with salt in her matrimonial home?
what will people say cool
[/quote

To "marry up" up means u want to marry someone who is doing better than you. It could be money, societal status, connections etc. If our ladies don't want to "drink gari" but want to "ride hummer", is it fair to demand equal treatment from your "provider" ? wink
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 13, 2007
I guess when it comes to marriage, you can eat your cake and still have it. Men, would you bankroll your woman and acquiese to her demand for "total" equality? This is if you were the one that married "down".
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by aloib(f): 6:48am On Dec 13, 2007
ok who be scambater lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by scambater(m): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2007
aloib:

I am who I am grin grin I have my eyes on you girlfriend tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by aloib(f): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2007
scambater:

** rolls eyes**, lol
carry on
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by stranger26(f): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
All I know is I'm not gonna give any person the chance to say "afterall I did this and that for you". If I can afford my own car, he can't do shakara about buying me a car because he knows I can get it myself, basically I wouldn't want to marry anyone who would look down on me. I have my own pride jare. I'd prefer someone in my league, except if the person I happen to get married to is inevitably above me and his family won't remind me of the number of cars or helicopters their son has bought for me.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by jkpretty(f): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ Poster i don't understand u should we marry down?

I have judged myself to know dat at least i'm good, but if i find/have someone dat is upper should i becos of modesty leave it & go for the lower & to satisfy who? Please explain tongue
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by nana(f): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2007
Yeeee. . .mo gbe o.Marry up. . .do u expect us to marry down?
Me thinks the question our adorable poster is tryna is this: Why do Women Always Want To Marry Early? But because he is so used to saying hurry up,he feels marry up rhymes. .
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by saucekid(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2007
*marry up or marry down,as long as there is marry there*
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nautillus(m): 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2007
Marrying up, i wld rather say its subjevtivethis one go 2 long abeg, i no fit shout
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by chiegemba(f): 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2007
"Marry Up"! dis 1 na new 1 ooo
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2007
this just too funny!!!!! LMFAO!

@topic

I don't really mind which direction I marry as long as I marry into the same wavelength.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by FactorChic(f): 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2007
Abeg WETIN BE "MARRY UP"?
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2007
FactorChic:

Abeg WETIN BE "MARRY UP"?

marrying into a higher league than yours.

nwando did a good job explaining.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by FactorChic(f): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2007
saucekid:

*marry up or marry down,as long as there is marry there*

tHANK U O grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ikamefa(f): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2007
aloib:

na today? cool he is an old NLander under a new pseudo-name am guessing he is either zulunation ortxlonghorn c o s he posts like those 2

scambater:

before nko?

@ topic i guess your question has been answered nobody wants to suffer

how can you get married and in a short period of time be smoking garri and kuli-kuli? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Young Girls Prefer To Date Married Men As Their Lovers / This Is What Laziness Is — To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / What Language Do You Use In Communicating With Ur Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.