Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? (11035 Views)

Why Do Women Always Return To Guys They Once Rejected. / 9ja Women Always Faking! / Why Do Black Women Always Have Attitude Towards Guys Dating White Females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Lady2(f): 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2007
First of all why r there leagues.
Marraige is not about marrying within ur league.

There is not a man on this earth who is above my league
It doesn't matter if he's the president.
He is not above me. We were both created by God.
It's not like God favours him over me or something, in marriage we are equal. We know our roles and we work together. I refuse to have a man look at me and tell me that I was poor before he met me and he made me somebody.
Oh hell no.
He won't see children from me, he will not eat my food, and he definitely will not sleep in my bed.
Basically, we won't be together. He can go and find the woman that is as shallow as him.

Ofcourse I don't want to marry a man who isn't able to provide for his family but to me there is no such thing as marrying up or down.

He can be a shoepolisher but as long as he's able to provide for his family and we can live comfortably, then I don't have a problem.

"A shine eyed girl, is a problem to her man"
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by CHIMSKY(m): 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2007
LET'S GET SERIOUS.I BELIEVE WHAT THE POSTER,IE KALOKALO IS ASKING IS VERY SIMPLE.

WHY IS IT THAT DESPITE ALL THE INSISTENCE OF WOMEN ON INTELLECTUAL,SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC EQUALITY TO MEN
DO THEY STILL INSIST ON MARRYING A PERSON HIGHER UP THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC LADDER?EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY,HOW COME FIREBRAND FEMINISTS  AND EQUAL RIGHTS CAMPAIGNERS BECOME KITTENS ONCE THEY END UP IN A MAN'S KITCHEN?

MAKES U WONDER IF THEY WERE EVER REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR 'CAUSE' OR SIMPLY USED ADVOCACY TO PASS TIME CONVENIENTLY UNTIL THE RIGHT MAN CAME ALONG.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by jayvin01: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2007
marry up ko marry in the middle ni grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by scambater(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2007
ikamefa:

na today? cool he is an old NLander under a new pseudo-name am guessing he is either zulunation ortxlonghorn c o s he posts like those 2

before nko?

@ topic i guess your question has been answered nobody wants to suffer

how can you get married and in a short period of time be smoking garri and kuli-kuli? cheesy cheesy

Why do i have to be an old Nlander and I'm not from south african, which one be zulunation lol
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ogrebuga(m): 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2007
Because the human mind is designed to aspire for greater heights,
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by FactorChic(f): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
ogrebuga:

Because the human mind is designed to aspire for greater heights,

God bless you heart Ogrebuga! smiley

I also believe the reason why most women do that is because of MAN AND HIS EGO. Most guys out there feel threatened when they are below their wives, especially in this our Yoruba land, even the man's family will not make him feel comfortable, you'll start hearing them say stuffs like "O ti so e di gbewu dani, oloshi, o ti ro efo fun e je" and all that BS!

some ladies out there find it hard to be totally subjective to a man that's below them, they don't see the reason why they should do whatever he says cos they make more money than him, infact in most cases, the lady is the one taking care of the man.

and yeah, we can always blame it on the society

So if a woman has a lot of money and she knows she cannot be subjective to a man that makes less, hey! Why not go for someone richer?

I believe I answered the question to dis so called "MARRY UP" thing,
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 12:20am On Dec 14, 2007
Nwando,

Thank you jare lol,   grin

who wan drink garri with fish wey chicken peri peri dey? abeg men, get money yanfu yanfu before you toast bo  grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 14, 2007
omoge:

Nwando,

Thank you jare lol, grin

who wan drink garri with fish wey chicken peri peri dey? abeg men, get money yanfu yanfu before you toast bo grin

My sister long time!!!!
These small small boys think they can just confuse a grown girl with "love"
It doesn't work that way.
I believe in love,I also believe in eating well
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by skfa1: 12:29am On Dec 14, 2007
Mr scambater

My guy look your keyboard well well na "marrying Up" or "marry Up".
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2007
Traditionally a man  should earn more than his wife.
That is nature!!
If I were a man I wouldn't marry a woman that earned more,period.
In old Igbo communities,he grew yams and hunted meat,she grew vegetables.
That's the way it ought to be.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 14, 2007
All these unemployed or under employed men looking out to marry girls who already have their own funished houses and cars and all you bring is a "ghana must go"(GMG)
Be rest assured that you came to do boi boi lipsrsealed (I hope apron dey for that GMG)
you go wash plates and cook beans tire

Unless God intervenes.

someone has to do the housework abi
while someone is earning a living

Water get im level. grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 12:41am On Dec 14, 2007
that's what they are looking for. you mind them? lazy boys in men's clothing  grin

nwando:

All these unemployed or under employed men looking out to marry girls who already have their own funished houses and cars and all you bring is a "ghana must go"
Be rest assured that you came to do boi boi lipsrsealed

Unless God intervenes.

Water get im level. grin

no support group for them  grin grin. if them shyt and no wipe well, fly must follow and trust the chicks will send them out cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ifyalways(f): 12:44am On Dec 14, 2007
nwando:

Traditionally a man  should earn more than his wife.
That is nature!!
If I were a man I wouldn't marry a woman that earned more,period.
In old Igbo communities,he grew yams and hunted meat,she grew vegetables.
That's the way it ought to be.

oh so so true.men seems to have forgotten that.  cool

nwando:

All these unemployed or under employed men looking out to marry girls who already have their own funished houses and cars and all you bring is a "ghana must go"
Be rest assured that you came to do boi boi lipsrsealed
Unless God intervenes.

Water get im level. grin
hahahah heheheehheheh.this got me cracked up.every man should get a life for himself before approaching a girl.i can only endure with a man that has got future and prospects and not some all hope and no future guy  wink.  dem no born me born suffer.  cool
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 12:48am On Dec 14, 2007
even though somebody was born with suffer, there is limit eh. they run around complaining that girls like men with money haba!!! na curse say make you poor? abeg bring in the biggest bacon and cow head even with the live abunna self o jare  grin.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by FactorChic(f): 12:53am On Dec 14, 2007
Omoge PREACH!!! grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 12:55am On Dec 14, 2007
the time has come now  grin
why do women always want to marry up
why do they like men with money
why do they like men with cars
why do they why do they, wetin?

grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 14, 2007
Who would not like money?
In problem solving,after God, next is money and I'm not ashamed to say it.
The man can melt a woman with smiles broader than Taye Diggs' but if he has nothing,the answer is NO
He is not yet ready for marriage.
Marriage is for men that can provide!!!

Will I be expected to pay my own dowry or ask my people to dash me to him for free

Chukwu a ju

abomination

he is not yet ready LOL

omoge:

the time has come now  grin
why do women always want to marry up
why do they like men with money
why do they like men with cars
why do they why do they, wetin?
  grin grin

My sister na wa o.
which man sef would pray for an inlaw that will come begging him for money for survival.
or a man that will have his pregnant daughter riding okada to maternity looking hagard and unkempt?
No parents pray that for their kids and no woman desires that
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 14, 2007
omoge,factor and Ify and all these single girls listen from an older sis.
Money does not equal happiness but without it you sure  ain't going to be happy.
I love you I love you,if he has no job,bad credit,no degree say NO and keep walking.
Tell him Nwando says so ROFL
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by RichyBlacK(m): 1:26am On Dec 14, 2007
nwando:

omoge,factor and Ify and all these single girls listen from an older sis.
Money does not equal happiness but without it you sure ain't going to be happy.
I love you I love you,if he has no job,bad credit,no degree say NO and keep walking.
Tell him Nwando says so ROFL

But are you aware that some guys have all that stuff, job, good degree, etc., but meet women with "furnished house with cars", and the women still dey do shakara. Why?
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 1:43am On Dec 14, 2007
my sister, am listening o. i dey listen well well. the bacon must be fat, sugary and salted grin

Richy, are you sure the car is not second hand? there are degree and there are degree grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 14, 2007
SeunsPenis:

because di ck must be up before a woman agrees to marry u.

Idiot!

RichyBlacK:

But are you aware that some guys have all that stuff, job, good degree, etc., but meet women with "furnished house with cars", and the women still dey do shakara. Why?

maybe he is just not her type then.
bad manners,body odor,too short,wandering eyes,megalomaniac,controlling,color riot ,impotent or just plain stupid kpa kpa
We get choice now,haba!
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 1:47am On Dec 14, 2007
grin grin

all the money wey you get is nothing if your mouth is dorty with suya, eba, fufu, okporoko, oxtail, shaki, akara etc hanging around ya teeth. so guys watch out grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ifyalways(f): 1:50am On Dec 14, 2007
RichyBlacK:

she is not saying that money buys love mind you  wink   you might be experiencing such problems because the girl in question doesnt love you.we don't jump into a man because hes just rich,other factors are considered too. we are only emphasing on guys that just laze around believeing that with their cock and bulls tori and nursery ryhmes,they would find their way into the heart of a hard working single girl. tongue give me some love and comfort plssssssssssssssssss kiss

SeunsPenis:

because di ck must be up before a woman agrees to marry u.
who let this item out ?carry your flea infested  anus out of here  cool
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 14, 2007
omoge:

grin grin

all the money wey you get is nothing if your mouth is dorty with suya, eba, fufu, okporoko, oxtail, shaki, akara etc hanging around ya teeth. so guys watch out grin

LOL
Lack of personal hygiene and bad table manners are  the ones me I cannot manage.
You must smell good and chew silently with your mouth closed.
Those were my 2 main requirements before I even find out if you have checking and savings account.
That was the rate limiting step LOL
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 1:51am On Dec 14, 2007
Nwando right there. it tells a lot. selfish with money and can't buy floss or the best toothpaste and mouth wash.
no deodorant and perfume carry sweaty body come toast?  grin
boxer sef go tear tire and the singlet go turn brown, yet them man get money hahahaha  grin grin the shorty thing sef  shocked how you and the girl go dance on wedding day? how you go fit carry am sef climb stairs on the wedding night?  grin
ROFL  grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 14, 2007
omoge:

Nwando right there. it tells a lot. selfish with money and can't buy floss or the best toothpaste and mouth wash.
no deodorant and perfume carry sweaty body come toast?  grin
boxer sef go tear tire and the singlet go turn brown, yet them man get money hahahaha  grin grin the shorty thing sef  shocked how you and the girl go dance on wedding day? how you go fit carry am sef?  grin
ROFL  grin

Some men who have money think they can just flash it and you come running.
Some girls have standards that must be adhered to LOL
And our yoke is light grin
My own dad has always used 'old spice' since time immemorial maybe before I was even conceived,I see no reason why a man should smell like unrefrigerated croaker fish.
It is unacceptable
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 14, 2007
but omoge,a short man with good manners and great romantic skills and an excellent provider is alright.
That is a strike we can forgive if the other things are in place

It's just that short men can be so quick tempered
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by FemiATL: 2:00am On Dec 14, 2007
Most parents want their daughters to marry a successful guy.

When my friend married his wife here in the US, her parents nearly disowned her. They said a lot of horrible stuff to our ears when we went to Naija to "prostrate".
"What work do you do?"
"My daughter has her house, a good job etc"
"What have you got?"
"Where are your relatives?"

It went on and on.

6 years later--------my friend is a millionaire in "dollars" and the wife's parent’s nko? --------long story!

Ladies I am sure you can identify a "goal" driven guy--------not a "gragra" “lie lie” guy.

I think it is lack of self confidence and low esteem that drives some women to look for success in a man before they marry-----why can't it be the Women who strive to be successful regardless of the mans position.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 14, 2007
A man with a bull dog spirit to make it, is wonderful.
It's the lazy and contented ones we're weeding out LOL

A woman can definitely make it despite the man but that marriage will get K leg
The man will be bitter,have low self esteem and turn on her.
That's usually the case
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 2:05am On Dec 14, 2007
lol at Nwando

grin
nwando:

but omoge,a short man with good manners and great romantic skills and an excellent provider is alright.
That is a strike we can forgive if the other things are in place

It's just that short men can be so quick tempered
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 2:11am On Dec 14, 2007
nwando:

A man with a bull dog spirit to make it, is wonderful.
It's the lazy and contented ones we're weeding out LOL

A woman can definitely make it despite the man but that marriage will get K leg
The man will be bitter,have low self esteem and turn on her.
That's usually the case

exactly!!! EXACTLY! I have seen that o in this obodo. if i had heard, i won't believe it. you are so right there Nwando.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 14, 2007
do you know how many Nigerian men in America that have killed their wives and ex wives in recent times?
The thing is not funny.

Men who were primarily jealous of their wife's success and couldn't handle it.
The most recent one earlier in the year,the man stabbed the hard working nurse and mother of his 3 kids to death in Maryland.
Friends in Maryland say the man was a pharmacist turned carpet layer after unsuccesful attempts to pass the boards and get a licence
A man with no earning power can turn psycho any minute
women ought to be warned of these people

http://www.kwenu.com/publications/orabuchi/2007/emeruwa_kills_wife.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do African Men Want In A Woman! / Nollywood Actress Flaunt Her B**bs In Lingerie Bustier (photos) / When I Thought I've It Seen All (guys Things Dey Happen O)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.