Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? (11036 Views)

Why Do Women Always Return To Guys They Once Rejected. / 9ja Women Always Faking! / Why Do Black Women Always Have Attitude Towards Guys Dating White Females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ogrebuga(m): 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2007
omoge:

em Ono,

So how do women behaves with their mouth? undecided

LMFAO!!!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 17, 2007
oziomatv:

Bia Nwando I thought you're a man, ever since I've been refering you as a man never knew you're a woman.

yes o Ozioma and femi people are always thinking I'm a man because I have no gender on my kini ROFL.
I'm a full blown woman,omoge no be so?
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2007
Na so nwanem. really full blown lady wink. full on every side from up there to down there grin grin.
(make i add jara) grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 17, 2007
ono:

Interesting topic. And BabyOsisi aka Nwando, I hope all your entries will encourage the ''lazy'' ones among us to wake up.

But folks, I have a case in hand where a ''brother'' dated a girl of his dreams while he earned more than this girl. At the time, he was earning just above 100k per month, while the girl had just finished serving (NYSC) and was in the job market. The babe sure agreed to marry my guy, and they were living fine. The girl later got a job with pay almost 3 times that of my brother friend - in thesame company my brother friend is working, after just a couple of months - she sure had the talents, excellent grade from his school in an engineering program. She's damned pretty too. Everyone would like to have her.

Her great job not withstanding, they went ahead and got married. After some time, my brother friend came back to me for advice. He's having a rough time in there with the chick. At the slightest provocation, the girl tells him, he's supposed to know that she's the one taking care of the home and all that thrash - you know how women behaves with their mouth. He isn't planning a divorce, he just wants his marriage to work. At the moment, his wife still earns more than himself, albeit, the gap isn't as wide as before - just a couple of thousands - according to him.

How do I advise my brother friend to make his marriage of 2 years work?

My brother,you see my point.
I've heard similar stories time and time again.
Most men cannot handle it when wifey makes more.
It does something to their manhood and everything the woman says is twisted to mean,she's making shakara because she makes more.

Like omoge advised,maybe he should start looking for better opportunities.
But I believe a good woman would not degrade her husband because he earns less
It's a tough situation.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 17, 2007
omoge:

Na so nwanem. really full blown lady wink. full on every side from up there to down there grin grin.
(make i add jara) grin grin

Thank Jehovah from whom all blessings flow
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 12:53am On Dec 17, 2007
gloria in excelsis deo cheesy

nwando:

Thank Jehovah from whom all blessings flow
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by yimiton(f): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2007
Marry up huh? embarassed

I've never believed in the Cinderella story neighter has it ever been my favourite.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by wendydio(f): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2007
smileywell,i just want to say these: Women want to marry up because most men cant afford to be alone. Men "CANNOT" do without the women. tongue
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by moondust(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2007
because marrying up is a major goal of every single woman
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by oziomatv(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2007
yes o Ozioma and femi people are always thinking I'm a man because I have no gender on my kini ROFL.
I'm a full blown woman,omoge no be so?
Adanne dalu. Ma kedu ka eke si anyanwu dat side?
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by oziomatv(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2007
Na so nwanem. really full blown lady . full on every side from up there to down there .
(make i add jara
)
Even you omege ibu onye igbo? nna men you girls are confussing
any way onweghi ihe joro njo no na afo enyi.
dalu nwinyi be anyi.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2007
oziomatv:

Adanne dalu. Ma kedu ka eke si anyanwu that side?

Ekene dili Chukwu.
We dey ,na cold and hunger dey kill us
I think Omoge's mom is Igbo but her dad is from the West.
The girl speaks Igbo,Yoruba,even Awusa sef.
She's a complete Nigerian.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by oziomatv(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2007
bia nwando i burukwele oria ndi naija bata ofesi,
IF PERSON FOR NAIJA DEY HUNGRY NA HARDSHIP BUT IF NA AKATERIANS NA IM BE SAY SHE DEY WATCH HER WEIGHT.
TAKE M EASY A BI NA MODEL YOU BE?
FOR OMOGE WEY DEY SPEAK ALL NAIJA LAGUAGES WHY SHE NO ENTER POLITICS?
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by mezainab(f): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2007
Would you want your sisters to marry down?Conclude your rationale when you must have answered the question.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by vescucci(m): 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2007
Why do women always wanna marry up?

uh, because guys always wanna marry down? the ego thing!
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2007
oziomatv:

)
Even you omege ibu onye igbo? nna men you girls are confussing
any way onweghi ihe joro njo no na afo enyi.
dalu nwinyi be anyi.

see me see trouble o grin
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by omoge(f): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2007
Nwando, no hungry o as long as we marry up grin.

but sha, na so we go tell them say we dey hungry for here grin or else phone will be ringing around the clock grin

me am not asking you guys o, you must bring in the bacon. . . not just any bacon (the ikebefull and fattest one)
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Grouppoint(m): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2007
I hear you ladies, Omoge, Nwando.

But what then happens if, a few years down the line, the husband's fortunes start to dwindle?
The bacon come begin lean small.

You go run leave am?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by joshjosh(m): 6:13am On Dec 22, 2007
apart from upside and downside business in marriage, where is love as a motive for a relationship in our lifestyle? i was discussing with one of my siblings when i was in Nigeria recently and was quite shocked to hear her opinions about marriage being what you can do for me more than anything else
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by Bodiga(m): 8:46am On Dec 22, 2007
is it the yoruba in them? hmm! we will neva know, ok! maybe it's the old age thing
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by nigboy(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2007
Marriage is a priority to every Nigerian woman. it is normal for a woman to marry up
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by member161476: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2007
Well this days of ours, we they hear different english
which one be 'MARRY UP' everybody don become Wole Soyinka finish
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ariblaze(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2007
sir if you dont

understand what marry up

means maybe its a cue for you

not to contribute to the thread
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by afroasian(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2007
as much as women want to marry up, no man wants to MARRY DOWN and descend into povety.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by holythug(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2007
orisirisi
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by yongbabe(f): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2007
God will remove every poor man from my path, AMEN.
Y would i want to marry down??
when i can marry UP??
Afta i don live with ma papa come chop him money, una go come expect me to marry down??
God forbid! marring some 1 from ma level is bearable.
howeva i must love the guy before i marry, and not just 4 money.
any body that says money doesn't mater in a relationships is lying!

money buys gucci bags, gucci bags make wife happy, wife makes husband happy, husband and wife transmit happines to kids,
all this adds up to one happy family!

up up Jesus, down down Satan grin grin grin grin grin

Nwando n Omoge i am lovin ur posts.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by bikokwe(m): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2007
wetin dey fear me na the kind of "mountain of fire" prayer all the sister dey pray wen it comes to issues like this.they pray with HOLY ANGER something like

where ever he is, right now i command u locate me by FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by asada(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2007
ariblaze:

sir if you don't

understand what marry up

means maybe its a cue for you

not to contribute to the thread
bros abeg!!! no be say na rap you dey rap easy 4 dem.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by ariblaze(m): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2007
asada:

bros abeg!!! no be say na rap you dey rap easy 4 them.

and by this you mean?
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by afroasian(m): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2008
@yong babe

money buys gucci bags, gucci bags make wife happy, wife makes husband happy, husband and wife transmit happines to kids,
all this adds up to one happy family!

I like your mathematics. but what if gucci stops making its bags, what next
kai.
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by dove22(f): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2008
naturally,everybody wants to step up
Re: Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? by okeyz(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2008
bikokwe:

wetin dey fear me na the kind of "mountain of fire" prayer all the sister dey pray when it comes to issues like this.they pray with HOLY ANGER something like

where ever he is, right now i command u locate me by FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin lmfao
ol boy no be small thing o ,i think say na only me dey notice am oooo
the prayer sef come dey fear me ooo,the guys wey no hold ,fire go burn dem abi na wetin?
i beg i go do make i hammer ooo make fire no burn me ooo
I PRAY NOW THAT MONEY SHOULD LOCATE ME BY FIRE !!!!!!!!
THE LADIES SHOULD SHOUT A RESOUNDING AMEN TO THAT !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Flaunt Her B**bs In Lingerie Bustier (photos) / When I Thought I've It Seen All (guys Things Dey Happen O) / No Money, No Good Wife In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.