Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers (21157 Views)

Tweet Reactions To Richard Branson's "Biafran" Picture / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
monami2abd:

So why did he contest and we voted him in if he cannot remedy d damage dat has been done.... So if ur car mechanic damage a part of ur car and u contracted anoda mechanic 2 fix it, going by ur analogy its okay if the new mechanic cannot fix it right..... Remember Nigerians pay the president with tax payers money for him to do dis job...

Na wa ooo!
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by jossy26: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
livapul86:
Guy, you just spoke my mind. If he indeed spoke those words, most Sane and Sincere investors would seriously Think Twice before coming to the Country. We are already under the yoke of massive unemployment, the investors that should Remedy the situation are being Scared off. Each day I ask God of all countries in the world to be born in, Why should it be Nigeria? I taya!

My guy, forget that thing, who says other investors would not come, the size of the Nigerian market is very appealing, if Richard doesn't want to play the politics, others will

I am definitely not in support of the corrupt politicians but enviromental scanning is one major thing to do before embarking on the journey

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by stupor(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
Wow !

This is pure and true feelings of emotions coming from one of the richest man in the world.

He surely must have had a taste of our shabby and grossly corrupted Nigerian governmental system.

And I also thought someone called '' David Mark'' recently made cheap utterances about easy and lowly going Nigerians to stop making misguided and harsh remarks against the government officials.

So with this Richard Bransons statements,is this remark closely related to or can it be termed as being a positive one as against David Mark's!

Nothing inappropriate goes unseen in this era of limitless hitech communication age especially on the global and political terrain.

Nigerian government are corrupt and it is clearly visible by all even the blind and deaf can see and hear it,so what's in the big deal for anyone to say something is bad when its easily noticeable that it is.

David Mark and his cohorts should allow frustrated Nigerians vet their anger and unsatisfaction about what they and the global community can see and experience.

Richard Branson God will continue to make you bigger for spewing for the minds of affected poor Nigerians.
Good riddance to bad rubbish of a Nigerian badly corrupted system.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by ebamma(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mr Richard Branson am suspecting you,so you thought that nigeria was Freetown,were you can just come and harvest money and take it to Britain,as a businessman,am sure that if you were making profit from the deal, you will not have told us?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by ifeci: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, me again. I am a Businessman and if you can succeed in the Nigerian business environment, you can succeed anywhere. Quote me, I said Richard Branson made a wrong business decision buying a national carrier, he should have prepared to deal with politicians. His business would have been successful if he followed business tenets and come into joint venture partnership with a Nigerian Citizen who knows the terrain.

He made a wrong business decision and you are not anywhere near his fortune as the Business adviser that you think you are. terrain indeed! the corrupt terrain I guess.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by buzugee(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
SOUR GRAPES. a blood sucker lands on its host and proceeds to try to suck blood out of its host only to find out that the proboscis of the host is stronger than his and his blood is the one getting sucked as opposed to he doing the sucking. yawnnn. they are all vultures. no sympathy
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Moralistli(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
Richard Branson should admit that he made a wrong business decision buying into a NATIONAL CARRIER, buying into National carrier entails dealing with politicians. He was supposed to come under "me" or "you" on a joint venture partnership to flag-off a domestic airline with international appeal like Arik, Dana, Aero etc. What was he thinking buying our National Carrier ? Are we some banana republic ? Serves him right.

Yea, think you made a point....But still, it is only those that haven't had the opportunity to visit other countries that did't know how messed up Nigeria is in terms of business, especially when setting up small-scale biz.
I have seen peeps in other countries that have established small-scale biz with like $10,000, about (N1.5m), and within years the biz is expanded as they continue to flourish, meet their financial needs with ease.
Our environment is a wild jungle for biz because of this LAWLESSNESS that has given birth to all the evils that thrives in that society...

Mr. Richard, where were your business/investment consultants and advisers when you decided to partner my government via our politicians? I think you came with dubious intention in the first place!
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
collins123: Nigeria, What a shameless night-crawling, blood-sucking, havoc wrecking witch!

What a waste of her her virginity. Stupid 51 year old haggg! Jezebel! dancing azonto by the fireplace while her thatched hut already caught fire!!!!!
and also giving birth to filthy and corrupt children!SMH!
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by monami2abd: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
ebamma: Mr Richard Branson am suspecting you,so you thought that nigeria was Freetown,were you can just come and harvest money and take it to Britain,as a businessman,am sure that if you were making profit from the deal, you will not have told us?

Pls re-read your post and spot the differnce.....lollllllll
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by ifeci: 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
ebamma: Mr Richard Branson am suspecting you,so you thought that nigeria was Freetown,were you can just come and harvest money and take it to Britain,as a businessman,am sure that if you were making profit from the deal, you will not have told us?

So he came to make loses Abi? or was Virgin not providing services in Nigeria while they were here? not a sensible post!

2 Likes

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by doctokwus: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
Truth is bitter,but best b told,dis bunch of 1999-to date political class is d most corrupt dis nation or indeed any oda on d face of d earth av ever had:they breathe,think,eat& sleep with corruption.Its little wonder dat its mainly d "Koras"& Chinese wt no scruples wen it comes to cutting corners,pple who bribe 1st b4 strategising on biz plans,survive here.If u can't offer all manner of govt officials bribe,u are dead in biz.I stand to b corrected,but d likes of Dangote,Adenugas,Otedolas,Jimoh Ibrahims wt all their billions,will not survive in any decent biz environment where laws are implemented,rules adhered to& open,transparent biz accounting insisted on;they just wud look like fish out of water& quickly pack shop,if some of them are evn lucky not to b seeing d prison walls.In dis kind of climate,if u can't offer corrupt pple bribe,risking d health,safety& lives of innocent pple in d process,u will find it extremely difficult,if not impossible,as Branson did find,to carry on your biz.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by mikron(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
seedord247: If police con collect 20 naira una go dey rant while dem hin oga dey still billions of naira. God punish devil.
steal billions of naira you mean?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
Moralistli: Richard Branson should admit that he made a wrong business decision buying into a NATIONAL CARRIER, buying into National carrier entails dealing with politicians. He was supposed to come under "me" or "you" on a joint venture partnership to flag-off a domestic airline with international appeal like Arik, Dana, Aero etc. What was he thinking buying our National Carrier ? Are we some banana republic ? Serves him right.

Yea, think you made a point....But still, it is only those that haven't had the opportunity to visit other countries that did't know how messed up Nigeria is in terms of business, especially when setting up small-scale biz.
I have seen peeps in other countries that have established small-scale biz with like $10,000, about (N1.5m), and within years the biz is expanded as they continue to flourish, meet their financial needs with ease.
Our environment is a wild jungle for biz because of this LAWLESSNESS that has given birth to all the evils that thrives in that society...

Mr. Richard, where were your business/investment consultants and advisers when you decided to partner my government via our politicians? I think you came with dubious intention in the first place!
I thank you for seeing my point, I am not saying our politicians are saints but am saying He was too greedy to come to take over my National Treasure as a foreigner. Did he expect not to deal with corrupt politicians ?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by slimdiggi: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
so sad that pple like you have access to the internet

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by dnext1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
The true definition of the Nigerian politicians....
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by buzugee(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
slimdiggi: so sad that pple like you have access to the internet
can you explain why it is sad that he has access to the computer ?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by dnext1(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
The true definition of the Nigerian politicians.... Dream Killers
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
ifeci:

He made a wrong business decision and you are not anywhere near his fortune as the Business adviser that you think you are. terrain indeed! the corrupt terrain I guess.
You should react to my write-up and not insult my person because given the opportunities Branson has he wouldnt have been less successful. Believe me when I say, with my business acumen, if I was born in UK or USA, I will be richer than Branson who is holding stakes in companies. I run business is a cash economy with no flexible lending regime and everything I own isnt mortgage, in essence, every pin i own is cash paid for. so mind your speech and dont commit fallacy ad homonium.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by 10over101: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
fankasibe: Even the Devil himself would be very suprise at the rate of our corruption and must have learnt never to compete with Nigeria leaders.
Haaaaah!! Can't stop laughing..u mean nigerian politicians are far ahead and more devilish than the devil himself
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by ola4yinka(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
sucre cruz:

which one be JONA again that issue na OBJ and FANIKAYODE make una leave JONA out of it
...so OBJ and FANIKAYODE are Ghanians abi?...what stops Jona from revisiting the issue?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Biodup: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lord have mercy on this country. All i knw there is still hope.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
See how hatred has made some people. What concerns GEJ with Richard Branson, those things happened during OBJ time. Mumus
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
oyb: meanwhile jona and co keep up with the BS of interested foreign investors. . .

but i cannot find the original article sha

and that english get as e be in some parts

Ignorance no good at all.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by mikron(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
sorry richard. Our politicians are very good @ fvcking virgins. They like fvcking virgin businesses up. And your business name did not help matters too. VIRGIN? That was why they fvcked you up. You ma for drop something na. Na so e be o
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by malc619(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: I thank you for seeing my point, I am not saying our politicians are saints but am saying He was too greedy to come to take over my National Treasure as a foreigner. Did he expect not to deal with corrupt politicians ?

Our politicians including ur Oga ie GEJ are a Bunch of corrupt bastards.
They all deserve to ßξ tied to trees and shot..
Greedy pigs...
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by alexola20(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Sure! And what steps has GEJ taken to reverse the wrongs of his predecessors especially with the fact that he was Yar'adua's Vice President? Going by your bold declaration that the crisis reached its highest heights during Yar'aduas tenure, GEJ must be a close partaker in whatever happened.

Even if he was Saint Joe. It has not occurred to him that bringing back Richard Branson and "righting the wrongs" would put his investment drive on top gear.

What is worse than inept leadership other than dogmatic followership!

Correct bullshite talk.
Oya clap for yourself!
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by alexola20(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by slimdiggi: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
buzugee: can you explain why it is sad that he has access to the computer ?
what did he think Richard came to do in nigeria? Nigeria Airways was already dying,he decided to help our national carrier...if some pple are ignorant of some facts they shouldn't think becos they have access to the internet and write sh.it
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
malc619:
Our politicians including ur Oga ie GEJ are a Bunch of corrupt bastards.
They all deserve to ßξ tied to trees and shot..
Greedy pigs...
Yet they decide the course of your life.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by sucrecruz: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
monami2abd:

So why did he contest and we voted him in if he cannot remedy d damage dat has been done.... So if ur car mechanic damage a part of ur car and u contracted anoda mechanic 2 fix it, going by ur analogy its okay if the new mechanic cannot fix it right..... Remember Nigerians pay the president with tax payers money for him to do dis job...
u are getting it wrong my friend in this case of our beloved naija corruption cannot be erased in an instant it has got to be gradually. Even in GEJ's team there are lots of saboteur in his Government for instance take some one like Faruq Lawan honestly I held that guy in high esteem but look at what it all turned out to be . Get me right I am not saying GEJ is good either but even if a good person is there correcting the nation will surely take time due to prolonged corruption in the Nigerian Governmental system. That is just my point. If I may even ask why did Richard Bronson waited this long to air his pain? I tell you for sure He is also corrupt but you know He cant beat our politicians to that. Those statements of his are plots to comeback. If there were to be apologies rendered the guy go come He is just a business man.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by sucrecruz: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
General pipe: WHO DISVIRGIN VIRGIN ATLANTIC?

NAIJA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thugs Invade Party Accreditation Ground In Anambra, Security Men Resist. Photos / Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ / Akeredolu Reacts To Reported Plot To Impeach Deputy, Agboola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.