Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,893 members, 7,838,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers (21158 Views)

Tweet Reactions To Richard Branson's "Biafran" Picture / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
ibedun: Listen to foolish nigerian blaming government. the problem is the people and the values of our stupid culture. EVERYBODY wants money for nothing in Nigeria and thats the problem. the youths want to become millionaire without doing anything!!! haba what a race of stupid people. The government of Nigeria is made up of nigerian people and the GOVERNMENT is a representation of the people. The government only exhibit the nature of the Nigerian people and mentality - Money for nothing. Yeye people. The UN should stop us from having any more children until we sort our yeye self out!!
GBAM! very much on point,you can see it in some of the replies on here
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
TechRev: @Billioniar, I agree with you. But I also think Mr Richard doesnt want to bend or modify the principles guiding him, or should i say he could not live with his conscience of having to go as low with nigeria politicians. The summary is that he made a mistake in buying Nigeria carrier, he should have partnered with a nigerian that understands the nigerian way of doing business, and he is even making a bigger mistake saying never to do business with nigeria again. Most of them know Nigeria is a gold mine, but the problem is how to mine the gold.
I have still admired Mr Richard for sticking with his principles.
And I admire most people like you (billionair) and I and all other Nigerian entrepreneurs, the tough skin no be small thing.
did u just say making a big mistake not doing business in Nigeria again,wow! una dey laugh me.wow! there are sooooooooooooooo many nations with a better business climate than Nigeria and u think he made his money by being stupid?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Elueme: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
Orikinla: The present situation is what you get when STU-PID Nigerians chose to elect someone who could not even manage the affairs of a small state to become the President of the biggest nation in Africa. That is why his First Lady is an official embarrassment and he is just living in denial of his administrative incompetence. Whether Virgin Nigeria failed during the past Administration of the ruling party is not the issue here, but the fact is the kleptomaniacs of the same corrupt ruling party are still in power. And as long as President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan cannot probe and prosecute his corrupt sponsors in the ruling party and private sector, he is just their stooge. The fact that his former boss who is an escaped convict is one of his advisers, then he is a disgrace to Nigeria. And the fact that criminals are being rewarded as ex-Niger Delta militants, because the president is scared to arrest and prosecute them, he is a coward. If the president claims that we have a well equipped Navy, and yet the Navy cannot prevent foreign oil tankers from stealing our crude oil, then he is a liar. Giving N1 - N10 million to young men and women for startups as your answer to the problem of over 20 million jobless youths is just STU-PID when you have ignored the problems that crashed our local textile industry and other industries. The local manufacturers are still lamenting and instead of addressing their emergency, you are looking for an image laundering scheme that is based more on wishful thinking than economic realities. What is going on in Nigeria cannot happen where there is a real government. What we have in Nigeria is not a democratic government, but a political cult of kleptomaniacs qnd their accomplices and beneficiaries. As I have said before, Mr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan would have been better working in a zoo or for the Nigerian Conservation Foundation and not being traumatized as a politician and government administrator. And he is too ashamed to admit it. God help Nigeria.
If you can take time to read your stench you will agree with yourself that you are not only stupid but lacking any iota of human brains because you are thinking like a clone and talking like an estranged parrot.. Your problem is you just want to be recognized.. Being vulgar without logical reasoning can only give you a fool's identity
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by seguneze: 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
No wonder the green passport is not valued abroad, this is negative publicity,we must forget about tribal and religious sentiment in 2015,the best man or woman for the job must emerge, our vote must count.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
we do thinhgs upside down in nigeria and expect a different outcome.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Theblessed(f): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
krap: Nigerian Politicians Are Very Insane, They Kill Dreams – Richard Branson
Source:

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/07/nigerian-politicians-are-very-insane-they-kill-dreams-richard-bransonvirgin-atlantic.html

[b][size=16pt]Thanks for bringing this news on here!

Another foreigner unveiling the evils of Nigerian politicians - God will vindicate his people one day.

Nigerians, when will you all, RISE UP and drive these politicians (past and present) that have ruined our country out, when? Men of other countries are busy cleaning up their country - Egypt, Libya, Syria etc are all on it and you are all sitting there, waiting for who to do it for you?

Imagine 50 yrs +, they say, we are still developing and I ask, when will we ever stop developing and be developed?

This story not only confirmed but threw serious light, on why Nigeria at this rate will never, ever develop.

Imagine the level of bribery that drove a conglomerate out and thus, made way for the new private Airlines we have today that are never up to standards, never maintained and killing people? undecided And, when the level of bribery is this high - which conglomerate would want to waste their time and money investing in Nigeria and create the ever needed jobs for the poor and young people?

Now we have private Airlines, secretly owned by these thieving politicians, running on our tarmacs when our own National pride - Nigerian Airways is dead almost 25 yrs ago - how could this be right? No wonder they killed it, in order to float theirs, which they bought with our money - what a country

This is why Nigerians up and down the country must 'RISE UP' against these thieves that have no shame, drive them out of our country and put in place a constitution whereby them and their families will never step foot into our country again because, they don't love Nigeria and its people.

Now, we all can see why Nigerian Airways collapsed and varnished from thin air. An i d i o t was here last week, defending the collapse and blaming it on not being 'cost effective' and now, we know it was only cost effective in politicians pockets. angry

Nigerian was not the only country in the 1980's running a National Airline - UK, America, Spain, Germany, France, South Africa, Kenya and Ethiopia were all there and still are as we argue over this, now.

Instead of blaming themselves for laziness, lack of foresight/intelligence, business skills and competitive spirit as the others, they have bundles of excuses to give, just as the Bible declares, "The sluggard says, There is a lion outside or, I will be murdered in the streets" Proverbs Chpt.22 v.13. They are lazy in the brains compared to other leaders of this world, that's the problem!

Competition does you good, everyone knows it! It not only brings prices down, it also empowers the consumer with lots of choices and quality service thus dictating the course of the market - what is wrong with that principle?

That brings me to the issue of Dangote Industries having Exclusive Rights to supply Nigerian Market and I ask, why should one man alone, supply 160,000000 million adult Nigerians with essential goods when other companies could and should compete alongside him in that market so that prices are not only brought down for poor Nigerians but also more job could be created?

These leaders just want to stifle Nigerians and keep us under bondage forever, na lie for them - time will come when Nigerians will wake up to their realities and chase these evil men out of our country for good and never, to return to our country again!

Imagine, the way they'd ruined our country, and Nigerians are all over the world looking for opportunities to survive at all cost - you only have to look at the number of Nigerian thrown out of Libya yet, Nigerian government did nothing to rescue their own people or even put in place relief for them to get home - what a shame!!

Nigerian leaders (Past and present) do not like us therefore, do not deserve to live in our country and, why must we spare them on our soil if they could do things like this without a thought for their own people? It is so painful!!

When I look at the excuses of that son of an evil politician and his supporters who should know better, and considering some of them lived abroad where they had the opportunity to break out of suffering and poverty and now, had returned home with their investments intact, living well in Nigeria when they wouldn't have done so if they'd remained in Nigerian all their lives, with the likes of Dangote spreading out and controlling everywhere.

By supporting this politicians son's argument, about Nigerian's lack of development, I feel disgustingly sick about them. But then, when one analyze the degree of intelligence in their comments it does not surprise me.

They claim the thief's son was able to substantiate his arguments with evidence and I ask, what evidence? An evidenced-based research statistics or a press report or what?

Personally, I do not have to bother about going to back up my own arguments with research because, there are lots that would provoke me the more, if I dig in there but why would I, when I have as many as 160,000000 Nigerian adults as witness - enough evidence for any courts in the world. undecided undecided

Yes, that thief was able to convince the low-minds and made you all believe that the White man is to blame for the ills of our country and not Nigerian leaders (past and present) despite that, you lot went to a White man's country and made your fortunes - if the White man was that bad, why did you have to escape to their country, for your future?

At least, they gave you opportunity in their own country and I query, why shouldn't Nigerians have same opportunities in their own country and, what opportunities did the leaders you support create for you, talk of your children's future?

You are all here secretly supporting these thieves because of your own evil motives - seeking contracts from evil government officials and wanting to make us believe you are in support of the people, when you have a lot in common with the thieves, themselves and I leave you with this,

"He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth, and he who gives gifts to the rich both comes to poverty", Proverb Chapt. 22 v. 16 - watch it one day it will happen! This is why, Nigeria will remain a developing country for the next 300yrs, as that son of a thief declared on that thread, last week.

Finally, chew on this, continue with your evil ways and forget that, a man can die and all he acquired perish at a flash - there is a man call God Almighty, and he will fight for the poor one day - good luck!
[/size][/b]

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Genius100: 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
By the way, I see the 40 laptop crew trying to blame OBJ for this. The fact is the deal worked very well under OBJ. It was after OBJ left that Virgin fell out with the Yar'adua and GEJ administration.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Genius100: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
The blessed, you spoiled an otherwise good post with your Dangote rant. Dangote doesn't have an exclusive right to supply cement in Nigeria. The government simply out restrictions on the importation of cement to spur local production and local employment. Wapco produces and sell cement in Nigeria just like Dangote
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by smalmata(m): 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sir Branson has said it all,and it goes for other sectors of the economy. Our politicians and govt officials always frustrate investors who want to just do a legit business,pay their tax & make profits. I don't knw why,but I jus pray & hope we all(leaders & the led) will have a change of heart & encourage good things in this country of ours.
Sir Branson probably didn't want to do his business dat way dats why he pulled out,he is a Brand;and wouldn't want his name to get messed up because of som 49% FG deal. He knew wat he saw,mayb our politicians were always wanting to fly 1st class with their families or girlfrnds on credit or govt officials who are agencies in charge of that sector always wanted one form of settlement or the other.
I hope these leaders now will know that they won't be in power for ever,what they failed to do,We will do it.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 30, 2012
The very reason why businesses and dreams are hard to realize in Nigeria is what Richard Branson just said. I think he's a little not straight forward with the irony, the people make up the politicians.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by waja(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2012
They have disvirgined his account. Hahaha.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by mpumalanga: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2012
A country where crony-ism suppresses ability can never get anything right and we don't
need an outside to tell us more because we knew, but we are as usual waiting for
GOD and miracle to solve it.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by getukudo(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2012
Faun:

Please, do yourself a favor and stop sounding like an illiterate. It's not fashionable anymore.
The mess he's talking about actually started during the Obasanjo administration and reached its height in the Yar'Adua tenure. That was when Virgin left and the airline was renamed.
Your stup!dity just can't let you put two and two together. Always quick to blame GEJ, which I'm not exactly against. But if you don't want to sound like a knobhead, at least try verifying things before striking that keyboard like a day care child.

I think the baboon just got a new system or mobile phone! He's excited that he can type...lol
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by mikolo08(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike:
I don't know what you see, but see wetin me dey see since GEJ enter last year

In Finance, the Fg is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.

Story story storyyyyyyyyyy!!! grin
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Litmus: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
The corruption in India and China are at least as great as that of Nigeria and petty red tape equally as murky and intransigent but that has never stopped Branson or British trade delegates from skinning their teeth like dead goats whenever they visit those countries to do or drum up business. Branson is a hypocrite, I wish some Nigerian somewhere could sneak up on him - like that Indian girl (below) who mooned up to the Indian team, uninvited, during the opening ceremony - and give him a sound slap.

What he said was devastating, Nigeria needs investment…

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by mrperfect(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
This sad for the country as a lot of people listen to this man worldwide.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2012
Obijulius:

U av issues, ur words smack of gross tribalism. The people of d niger delta and south eastern nigeria deserve all the largesse they should get from d govt, even if it is disguised as amnesty pay. For d unity of dis country they av had 2 sacrifice their livelihoods. 95percent of our revenue comes therefrom and u r antagonizin d FG for givin dem a miserly 1-10million...that is wat happens wen u become a perputual parasite...u begin fantasizing that things must b shared according 2 ur own terms.
Consider it an act of rare kindness that u still enjoy d spoil from d ND, and wyl none of ur kinsmen will ever rule dis country again (cos d country is goin down) pls mind ur bizness. If d govt doesn't give u d same treatment it gives d ND today, its because u don't deserve it.

Nigeria's problem is simple...it shouldn't have been created in d first place. D country was built on greed and desperation. Nigeria is gradually tending towards d situation in Sudan, where the leeches have been seperated from the buffalo.

nigeria will divide along religious and then ethnic lines taking us back to 1966. The west will gang up with the north to keep dis mirage together but eventually we shall seperate the chaff from the wheat. Let us not waste tym discuss a better tomorro or even a revolution. Let us all join our hands to dissolve dis fallacy called Nigeria.

The people to the east of d NIGER should struggle for a new nation built on a commonwealth and ethnic/religious affiliations.

The rest of Nigeria should fight for the right thing. Let them for a union based on their common interests and because its d right tin to do (not attacking GEJ-he is not d problem).

I rest my case.
Your own words smack of gross imbecility. The ND should not be given cash, they should have an environment that enables them to make money. What is the function of the NDDC? And btw is the NDDC not made up of and run by South Southerners? The reality is that the FG(from OBJ to GEJ) is too lazy, too corrupt and too unconcerned to ensure that the South Southh is developed. THe South South governors themselves do not give a hoot about the citizens under their care. So please don't open that cesspit of a mouth to defend the indefensible.

As for the westerners teaming up with the north, I think you should just go and hang yourself. I keep asking the igbos who are quick to whip up Civil War sentiments, ''did Nigerian history start in 1966?'' When Azikiwe had the oppotunity to do the right thing in 1963 why didn't he? What is that divine quality you possess that make you lot think you must have your way at all times?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 02, 2012
Are u a kid? So, if Richard didnt say it, u would'nt know?

Well the man fought the battle of his life with the Nigerian government.

grafikii: Biggest dent on our image, do you know how many people listens to this guy. Why did I end up amongst this crazy people called Nigerians, God why

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by dataideas: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Closing Remarks At The Valedictory Session For Members Of FEC (2015-2019) / Why We Didn’t Disqualify Yahaya Bello for Double Registration -INEC / El-Rufai: Only Buhari Can Convince Me Run For Presidency Or Be A Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.