Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers (21159 Views)

Tweet Reactions To Richard Branson's "Biafran" Picture / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by 10over101: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Sure! And what steps has GEJ taken to reverse the wrongs of his predecessors especially with the fact that he was Yar'adua's Vice President? Going by your bold declaration that the crisis reached its highest heights during Yar'aduas tenure, GEJ must be a close partaker in whatever happened.

Even if he was Saint Joe. It has not occurred to him that bringing back Richard Branson and "righting the wrongs" would put his investment drive on top gear.

What is worse than inept leadership other than dogmatic followership!
GEJ's political career shouldn't have gone beyond LGA level cos he surely lacks the needed ginger to keep the country going smoothly
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Biodup: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
It is a pity, thins like this happen in my country. I knw there is hope for this country.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by illiest(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
For real virgin Nigeria was the best airlines. and a very good brand.Obviously nigerian politicians are criminals
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
10 over 10: GEJ's political career shouldn't have gone beyond LGA level cos he surely lacks the needed ginger to keep the country going smoothly
Reminder, the thread is: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by musiwa46: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
branson is telling you the truth, what they do in the north or abuja, they sit down to destroy the western niger and if you notice, i have never ask the east to join us. because i believe they should be on their own.. that way nobody is bring policy that will destroy business.

this is what we have had for 50 years.. so branson is feeling what the yoruba people have felt for 50 years.. the other nigerian create policy to destroy our people business. So when I am saying we leave them. I know what I mean.

So when we are not under abuja, nobody wake up in abuja and make policy for us. They make bad policy to destroy business. that what they do..

When some people shout south , our people would never agreed because the east too are going to make policy to destroy our business. and you can see Goodluck doing it.. He is from the east and have nearly closed down all Yoruba business .. So you cant tell our people to join the east to form a country. they would not do that.. even I just show you ibadan airport. the person in charge of this ministry which is making this bad policy, is an igbo woman.

So you can not be telling our people to join the east to form the south, so they are better off , been alone..

so what most people feel if for them to be separate from them. because we dont want bad policy any more. they make their own policy, we make our own policy.

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by buzugee(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
slimdiggi: what did he think Richard came to do in nigeria? Nigeria Airways was already dying,he decided to help our national carrier...if some pple are ignorant of some facts they shouldn't think becos they have access to the internet and write sh.it
such a generous man our richard branson is
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by malc619(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Yet they decide the course of your life.

These greedy fools decide the life course of those who lick their azzes. And you "Billy-the-Goat" are an azz-licker. Keep allowing these eediats to decide ur life course and someday you'll all go "DOWN" together.....
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by SisiKill1: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ughhh! If these GEJ supporters will just stop their knee jerk defense at the mention of his name, we won't have pages and pages of argument.

What does it matter during whose tenure the business was conducted. . .the main point here is THERE IS A PROBLEM!!

And The problem is this - NIGERIA IS NOT CONDUCIVE FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS.

You can not go around saying you are courting foreign investor when that problem has not being addressed.

It is that simple! So please, please stop with hair splitting.

By the way, making your font bigger than normal does not mean you have a point.

Just sayin' lipsrsealed
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
malc619:

These greedy fools decide the life course of those who lick their azzes. And you "Billy-the-Goat" are an azz-licker. Keep allowing these eediats to decide ur life course and someday you'll all go "DOWN" together.....
No sir, they decide the course of that life you live. Its the reason for your uncontrollable annoyance on every politician. Deal with the hard knock life you live. Dont vent out on me.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by fankasibe: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
10 over 10: Haaaaah!! Can't stop laughing..u mean nigerian politicians are far ahead and more devilish than the devil himself
The Devil only showed Nigeria politicians how to be corrupt....but was suprise to see they've gone far ahead.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by sucrecruz: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
musiwa.:
branson is telling you the truth, what they do in the north or abuja, they sit down to destroy the western niger and if you notice, i have never ask the east to join us. because i believe they should be on their own.. that way nobody is bring policy that will destroy business.

this is what we have had for 50 years.. so branson is feeling what the yoruba people have felt for 50 years.. the other nigerian create policy to destroy our people business. So when I am saying we leave them. I know what I mean.

So when we are not under abuja, nobody wake up in abuja and make policy for us. They make bad policy to destroy business. that what they do..

When some people shout south , our people would never agreed because the east too are going to make policy to destroy our business. and you can see Goodluck doing it.. He is from the east and have nearly closed down all Yoruba business .. So you cant tell our people to join the east to form a country. they would not do that.. even I just show you ibadan airport. the person in charge of this ministry which is making this bad policy, is an igbo woman.

So you can not be telling our people to join the east to form the south, so they are better off , been alone..

Kai na who be this one again................ off point

so what most people feel if for them to be separate from them. because we dont want bad policy any more. they make their own policy, we make our own policy.

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by logica(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
collins123:
What a waste of her her virginity. Stupid 51 year old haggg! Jezebel! dancing azonto by the fireplace while her thatched hut already caught fire!!!!!
LMAO.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by fankasibe: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
Its a pity, Mr.Branson is still trying hard to keep his VIRGINity.....why our leaders ar trying to Bleep him up.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by phildon: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Richard Branson is right but he is sounding emotional about business gone bad. The OBJ administration was marred by corruption. I will say that Richard Branson wasnt patient enough to allow another administration come in so he can table his grievances before pulling out. After all, other Airlines foreign and local Airlines are still doing business and get Return on their investments. My advice is, if you wanna do business in Nigeria, become Nigerian in your business methodologies.
Become Nigerian by being corrupt @ d xpense of d masses d way these multinationals are presently doing, abi?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
phildon: Become Nigerian by being corrupt @ d xpense of d masses d way these multinationals are presently doing, abi?
Business is not religion. In business, when the music changes, your dance step changes in accordance to the next rhythm
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by itoldu: 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
So when are these idiots gonna make another "SUMMONS" headline?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by tunnytox(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
maclatunji:

Don't mind them. Before we type now, they will say we hate GEJ. Well, sorry O but I hate incompetence especially when combined with arrogance and generally give people who promote it a hard time.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala cannot do much when half of her time is spent explaining action plans to her boss like 1-2-3 and A-B-C. He that should lead is being led.

Oh well! Enjoy Fresh Air!

LWKMD grin grin grin Na so Jona dull reach?
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by fenandopo: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
So true Mr Branson ..So true. A nation where :
[b]1.Customs authority would try ANY MEANS NECESSARY to frustrate those importing goods LEGALLY (Take innoson and ibeto for example)
2.Banks would rather loan to the already ESTABLISHED billionaires like Jimoh Ibrahim , Dangote , Otedola etc while the up and coming business men would have to "squeeze water out of a piece of stone " to fund their business ,
3.A nation where the politicians are quick to accuse the youths of being lazy while refusing to provide employment opportunities and small scale credit facilities for self empowerment .
4.A nation where Foreign companies are milked dry by our senators before they establish their companies in Nigeria and in return this foreign companies would milk nigerians dry before we use their services (MTN , AIRTEL , ETISALAT) etc .

5. A nation where by business men like Dangote would use their political influence to monopolize the industrial sector of Nigeria by suppressing competition (Dangote vs Ibeto for example).
6.It takes a week or 2 to register a business name in Malaysia and South Korea but here in Nigeria you would have to wait for close to 4months (If you are LUCKY grin) [/b]

The list goes on and on .Mr Branson is no saint but i commend him for being truthful and vocal on issues such as these . Maybe now our government would revoke his passport so he wouldn't be able to get into the country , The same way they had problems with Hilary Clinton when she condemned our governments corruption . Like the bible says rebuke a fool and he becomes your enemy .

[b][/b][i][/i you are mostly correctly but for the fact that it will take four months to set up a company in naija. It takes six weeks my friend
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by kaytytty: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
nigeria leaders 'share the riches with the poor before they share the poverty with u'.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by dedeike: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
moonraker: FRESH AIR!!!

Later on, you will see some scumbag on this site

supporting GEJ and his fellow band of thieves...

Somebody bite me and answer this questions

What has GEJ done since he took over office?

Are nigerians so blind to see that nothing is working

in nigeria since OBJ left??

I weep in Richard Branson.

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS BLIND HENCE YOU CAN'T SEE THE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ WITHIN ONE YEAR IN OFFICE
for your sake, I will reproduce some of his achievements as follows:

In Finance.

The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by dedeike: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
tunnytox:

LWKMD grin grin grin Na so Jona dull reach?

You are the dullard here. If all you could contribute to the subject matter is the above quote, then you are not only a dull brain but a slowpoke!
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by manny4life(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
People and their bigotry. They want to blame ALL their ills on the govt meanwhile the article clearly said "Nigerian Politicians" in Nigeria. The dude was referring to when the airline started and ended, anyway, what Sir Branson said is true.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by supereagle(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
It is like that with all these crooks&criminals in Govt. They do not av Nigeria interest in their hearts. Even though GEJ was not on seat when the joint venture was concluded , but there is still corruption in Govt and they are not doing anything to address it. If the venture was contracted in this regime , the worst would av happened. Dont protect GEJ.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Elueme: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
I quite sympathies with mr Branson but I will ask why he chose to voice out now when he had the ample time long ago.. As an advocate of uprightness with legendary bravery he would have exposed this corrupt process and face whateva comes forth and am sure he would have triumphed.. Branson was beaten in his own game only to be crying foul wen he didn't stand a chance again. If I may ask how did he buy air Nigeria ? He was part of the corrupt BPE as chaired by Nasir el Rufai .. Branson could probably been jailed if he tries the circumvention of due process in his home country as he did with some greedy fellows in this country...
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
The present situation is what you get when STU-PID Nigerians chose to elect someone who could not even manage the affairs of a small state to become the President of the biggest nation in Africa. That is why his First Lady is an official embarrassment and he is just living in denial of his administrative incompetence. Whether Virgin Nigeria failed during the past Administration of the ruling party is not the issue here, but the fact is the kleptomaniacs of the same corrupt ruling party are still in power. And as long as President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan cannot probe and prosecute his corrupt sponsors in the ruling party and private sector, he is just their stooge. The fact that his former boss who is an escaped convict is one of his advisers, then he is a disgrace to Nigeria. And the fact that criminals are being rewarded as ex-Niger Delta militants, because the president is scared to arrest and prosecute them, he is a coward. If the president claims that we have a well equipped Navy, and yet the Navy cannot prevent foreign oil tankers from stealing our crude oil, then he is a liar. Giving N1 - N10 million to young men and women for startups as your answer to the problem of over 20 million jobless youths is just STU-PID when you have ignored the problems that crashed our local textile industry and other industries. The local manufacturers are still lamenting and instead of addressing their emergency, you are looking for an image laundering scheme that is based more on wishful thinking than economic realities. What is going on in Nigeria cannot happen where there is a real government. What we have in Nigeria is not a democratic government, but a political cult of kleptomaniacs qnd their accomplices and beneficiaries. As I have said before, Mr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan would have been better working in a zoo or for the Nigerian Conservation Foundation and not being traumatized as a politician and government administrator. And he is too ashamed to admit it. God help Nigeria.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Agimor(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
Is high time this country is shared and the name nigeria be forgotten.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by badesco(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
Richard Branson is correct. Shame to Nigeria.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by eledalo: 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
ALLOW ME TO RESPOND ON BEHALF OF BEAF, WEREPELERI, JMAINE ETC:

GBWRRRRRR!! Branson? Leave him! Was he not the one that went to meet Tinubu?! GBRRRRRRRRRR!! GBAIN! He's a w`icked man! He didn't pay staff! He glies like Winch! GBBBRRRRRR!!!!
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Richard Branson is right but he is sounding emotional about business gone bad. The OBJ administration was marred by corruption. I will say that Richard Branson wasnt patient enough to allow another administration come in so he can table his grievances before pulling out. After all, other Airlines foreign and local Airlines are still doing business and get Return on their investments. My advice is, if you wanna do business in Nigeria, become Nigerian in your business methodologies.

I think he is only referring to virgin-Nigeria and not virgin Atlantic. Virgin Atlantic still flies in and out of naija.
Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Orikinla(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
The present situation is what you get when STU-PID Nigerians chose to elect someone who could not even manage the affairs of a small state to become the President of the biggest nation in Africa. That is why his First Lady is an official embarrassment and he is just living in denial of his administrative incompetence. Whether Virgin Nigeria failed during the past Administration of the ruling party is not the issue here, but the fact is the kleptomaniacs of the same corrupt ruling party are still in power. And as long as President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan cannot probe and prosecute his corrupt sponsors in the ruling party and private sector, he is just their stooge. The fact that his former boss who is an escaped convict is one of his advisers, then he is a disgrace to Nigeria. And the fact that criminals are being rewarded as ex-Niger Delta militants, because the president is scared to arrest and prosecute them, he is a coward. If the president claims that we have a well equipped Navy, and yet the Navy cannot prevent foreign oil tankers from stealing our crude oil, then he is a liar. Giving N1 - N10 million to young men and women for startups as your answer to the problem of over 20 million jobless youths is just STU-PID when you have ignored the problems that crashed our local textile industry and other industries. The local manufacturers are still lamenting and instead of addressing their emergency, you are looking for an image laundering scheme that is based more on wishful thinking than economic realities. What is going on in Nigeria cannot happen where there is a real government. What we have in Nigeria is not a democratic government, but a political cult of kleptomaniacs qnd their accomplices and beneficiaries. As I have said before, Mr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan would have been better working in a zoo or for the Nigerian Conservation Foundation and not being traumatized as a politician and government administrator. And he is too ashamed to admit it. God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers by Orikinla(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Celebrates Dolapo Osinbajo On Her 50th Birthday / Akeredolu Reacts To Reported Plot To Impeach Deputy, Agboola / El-Rufai: Only Buhari Can Convince Me Run For Presidency Or Be A Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.