Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (490251 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Makks777(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2014
Love

You're ever present in ma heart..
I can't seem to put a limit to the thoughts of you..
If love is blind then I can as well be a bat..
I see it clearly with no doubts, even thru d thickest dew..

I think love is a feeling that cannot be defined..
One of my billion explanations for it is holding your hand..
It's an expression that can never be confined..
Mere seeing you smile could pin me where I stand..

Love has had many sweet stories told..
But ours has more than a sweet story, it's magical
I would just hold you tight and watch it unfold..
We're forming a strong bond, yeah, we're radicals..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by joeblac07(m): 2:45am On Jan 01, 2015
I'm new here. Can I get a welcome, a 'what we really do here' and urrmm, maybe, a cup of steaming coffee.
Thank you.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by kingstylo01(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
A big shout out to all members of this great section. I really wanna say that you all have been doing great. Am new here and have decided to create some short stories(You can always checkout my story "last night" using the link in my signature).
Meanwhile, as i join this chat train, i heres what i have for you:

Ministers of religion
Have visited me many times
To talk about it,
They say to me
I gotta leave it I gotta leave it
It's a bad habit
For a man
But when I try to leave it
My friends keep telling me
I'm a fool amongst fools

[Chorus:]
Now I'm a slave, a slave
I'm a slave
I'm a liquor slave
I'm a slave, a slave, slave
I'm a slave
Just a liquor slave

I have lost my dignity
I had before trying
To please everybody
Some say to me
Yo yo
I look better when I'm drunk
Some say no no no
I look bad in all.
Sometimes I cry
I cry but my crying
Never helps me none

[Chorus:]
'Cause now I am a slave, a slave
I'm a slave
I'm just a liquor slave
I am a slave, a prisoner
I'm a slave
Just a liquor slave

Every night when I'm
Coming back home
My wife gets worried
'Cause she knows
Shes got double trouble
Coming home
Sometimes I cry
I cry lord I cry
But my crying
Never helps me

[Chorus: till fade]
Now I'm a slave, a slave
I'm a slave
I'm a liquor slave
I'm a slave, a slave, slave
I'm a slave
Just a liquor slave

[Lucky Dube- Slave ]
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hlo....Am new here, d stories have read so far are really captivating, writers lyk Uncle frank, KMJ, Flakkydagal. I would also like to try and post a short story here, av started it already, but i dnt no how to continue, I want to post the part 2, but i dnt no hw to go about it . Plz i need help.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 13, 2015
Pweetidamsel:
Hlo....Am new here, d stories have read so far are really captivating, writers lyk Uncle frank, KMJ, Flakkydagal. I would also like to try and post a short story here, av started it already, but i dnt no how to continue, I want to post the part 2, but i dnt no hw to go about it . Plz i need help.

If you post all the parts in a single thread, it will increase your followers and confidence
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 13, 2015
Divepen:

If you post all the parts in a single thread, it will increase your followers and confidence
I dnt no hw to post them on a single thread
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2015
Pweetidamsel:
I dnt no hw to post them on a single thread
when you've open a thread for the first part, click on reply and post the other one.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Divepen:

when you've open a thread for the first part, click on reply and post the other one.
Tnkz
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by thejobhunter007: 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, so this is supposed to be like the 4chan of Africa, okay I get it. Well, really I don't know where to start from. Its just crazy man, I am in my room in some obscure part of Lagos and slowly going crazy. Finished service some 9 months now and it feels like a century. Actually, Was supposed to post this in the job/vacancy but they say I can't do that till about a week or more, crazy people. So I thought where else can I post this, well turns out I used to write poems and stuff before I became cool. Now back to my story. I don't know how much longer I can take being unemployed. Now let me tell you a thing or two about myself, that's if you care. I studied at the coolest federal school in the country, yeah right the one close to a lagoon. I was actually kind of like a big deal in school, at least in my faculty, dated a couple of very sexy big booty girls, rolled with the cool crowd, even formed a band and performed a few times at the female hostels hall weeks. You know life couldn't have been better. Spent most of my time in school smoking marijuana a lot and drinking a lot of vodka and red label (yeah back when we used to buy it at Rehab for 40k) chatting with girls and the whole nine yards. I am about 6ft, pretty face and nice shoulders (well, now I am fat 85kg). Final year came and I miraculously left school with a 2:2, well the tragedy is that I could have easily left school with a 2:1 or first class. Now that's not all. I am from a lower middle class family or will I say poor peoples rich man family. My father is the richest man in his family, our relations are all leeches. So basically when I left school and after service, my cool friends all went off to the u.k for masters, the serious ones made 2:1s and are all now employed. But poor me, I haven't got a job. My parents are already giving me the attitude. So that's how I started coming here, looking at the job page, I would see people talk about getting a test or interview invite and I just want to lash out. How come these guys never call me. I apply to mtn banks oil companies and all. And these guys never call me. Once in a while I get invites from job scammers. I can't even go on facebook or twitter anymore. I hear of my coursemates working in this or that company and I feel like a loser. So right now I am thinking, what do I do? Do I go and study something on I.t or maybe start a small business ? I am lost. My cool girlfriends are all gone. I can't barely afford to pay for a simple date. Its depressing. Now that's the end of my story for now. I might post some of my pre-marijuana pre-uni pre-cool poems here maybe sometime, just maybe. Anyways somehow the moral of this story is that I am hoping that some pretty girl reads this and then chats me up. As we all know its the boredom that kills you. Yours truly
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by tattesco(m): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2015
Hi here. I am new here. I will like to join this chat section of this great literature section.

I av written my first story here. You can see my signature 4 the link. Thanks
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
Plz i jst open my blog recently, i deal with stories. I want to ask for help on how to post my stories on the same thread, i hope u understand wot am tryin to say here. Am really sorry if am not suppose to ask this type of question here, but this the only place i can ask for help
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hy friends, am currently posting a story a story (Roomates).
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by cromz(m): 7:29am On Jan 24, 2015
Hello guys am new here am aspiring to be a good writer and i believe u people can help me out
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by hormoryhemii(m): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2015
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYZ AND GIRLZ,
DISTINGUISHED FANS AND FOES OF THE
ASSASSIN CREED, IT WILL BE KICKING OFF HERE
ON THIS PLATFORM LIVE AND DIRECT, AN
INTERVIEW WITH HIS HIGHNESS, THE
ROCK5555.......... LOAD OF QUESTION I BET HAS
BEEN RUNNING RACES, SEEKING WAYS TO SPILL
OUT THROUGH YAH MOUTH, DON'T YOU WORRY
THE PRIME TIME HOUR WITH A WRITER IS
HERE..... COME AND GET YAH MYSTERY ON ANY
OF THE ROCK 5555's WORK SOLVE .
TODAY IS THE DAY, SHARE WITH
FRIENDS..... www.nairaland.com/1977500/friday-13th-assassins-creed/37#30084363
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by hormoryhemii(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2015
good morning here, and the anticipated epic event
will commence in few hours time, ready yah
questions cos you, her, him, we, them, us as
esteem fans of Mr the rock can ask questions
from him.
NB -: in case you could not make it for the
stipulated time, feel free to drop yah questions
and have them answered by the rock 5555
whenever his busy-less.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
what ever happened to this chat room?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kaycee7(m): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
I wonder
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by timpaker(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
Okay. I visited Lagos and the heat here could turn someone into kilishi. Too many people and generator noise has made my visit here unbearable.... I now have a different view of Lagosians - they don't sleep! cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
lol, welcome to The Centre pf Excellence. If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere in the world, enjoy your stay grin
timpaker:
Okay. I visited Lagos and the heat here could turn someone into kilishi. Too many people and generator noise has made my visit here unbearable.... I now have a different view of Lagosians - they don't sleep! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by timpaker(m): 2:30am On Jan 29, 2015
Tovot:
lol, welcome to The Centre pf Excellence. If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere in the world, enjoy your stay grin
[b] Yes ooo. I was born in Lagos, I paid a visit to my former place of residence, Mushin (my hood) and surprisingly some of my childhood friends still leave there and are all grown with thick and husky voice (one of them even they claim local rapper...lol).

I decided to pass the night there (which was a mistake), I never knew I was to be sleep-invaded by a ferocious pastor. The guy made sure he chased sleep away from me as his speaker was stationed by my window while he loudly stammers in strange language (shebi na speaking in tongue na). I politely gave him a signal to please lower his voice a bit so that I can sleep (another mistake) then one of his followers roared at me (another grave mistake) my friends or my "goons" as Olamide simply put it got angry and disrupted his church service with fight and more noise.

As a buttee (as they've started calling me), I can't fight, nor can I separate them (because they're now big. I use to beat them all before).
"Abeg free them Suleiman make we go Sadiq house go crash" was all I could mutter. But the overwhelming shout of "Na my guy from Abj una wan carry una craze give? My guy no go sleep because of una...una know who Paker be? Omo baba junior ma ni... Wo e ma ri were lale yin olurun ma ba aye yin" (Wait a minute...na who I be abeg?)Chai!

Now I can't sleep, they (my friends) can't sleep and church service has been cancelled all because I went to my former hood - Mushin. [/b]
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 8:40am On Jan 29, 2015
grin grin grin grin ,
timpaker:
[b] Yes ooo. I was born in Lagos, I paid a visit to my former place of residence, Mushin (my hood) and surprisingly some of my childhood friends still leave there and are all grown with thick and husky voice (one of them even they claim local rapper...lol).

I decided to pass the night there (which was a mistake), I never knew I was to be sleep-invaded by a ferocious pastor. The guy made sure he chased sleep away from me as his speaker was stationed by my window while he loudly stammers in strange language (shebi na speaking in tongue na). I politely gave him a signal to please lower his voice a bit so that I can sleep (another mistake) then one of his followers roared at me (another grave mistake) my friends or my "goons" as Olamide simply put it got angry and disrupted his church service with fight and more noise.

As a buttee (as they've started calling me), I can't fight, nor can I separate them (because they're now big. I use to beat them all before).
"Abeg free them Suleiman make we go Sadiq house go crash" was all I could mutter. But the overwhelming shout of "Na my guy from Abj una wan carry una craze give? My guy no go sleep because of una...una know who Paker be? Omo baba junior ma ni... Wo e ma ri were lale yin olurun ma ba aye yin" (Wait a minute...na who I be abeg?)Chai!

Now I can't sleep, they (my friends) can't sleep and church service has been cancelled all because I went to my former hood - Mushin. [/b]
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by saintTim(m): 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
Thank You Sir

[center] walk up to the choir master
sir lots is pending on my mind
I noticed it my child
I even saw it from behind
took a step wit a pat at my back
I just got wat I lack
love and care which is the fact

gentle voices invaides my ears
if not him who cares
just his presence encaved fears
ohh lonely lad (he said) I feel your tears

thank you sir you took away my grief
thank you Sir I'll no longer run like a thief
thank you sir your friendship is a gift
thank you sir I'll be taking my leave

[/center]
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by slap1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
What happened to the quote button on the literature section?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Dee9ty9: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Wait o, cuddlemi are u creating a chat zone or what??
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by timpaker(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
So I can't quote someone's post again? undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
I want to officially announce the entry of a new member(YoungBraniac) into Nairaland and also this section.
Truth be told...I was forced to join this site after the knowledge and inspirations that this site have poured on me through some genius.
Am a science stu. But i kindda have a passion for novels(mind you i also take my course texbooks seriously to the core) i read any novel that comes handy, but not senseless junks tho.
What really made an impression, and cajoled me to have a liking for this awesome site, was this fantastic mind-blowing story "THE COMPLETE ASSASSIN"(by Kayemjay 3 gbosa!!! for you baba kmj ) this story was an all round action packed crime thriller. I read episode(1-9) on a blog. I was desperately hungry for this piece, and as a result i went in search for the origin of this great story, and after reading to the end.....my liking grew for this site.
I hereby give a shout out to all Nlanders, especially literature section,my UNBEATABLE writers, and also to d boss himself(seun osewa) i greet you sir.
Luv You all!!!
LETS KEEP THE NIGERIAN FLAG FLYING

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (725) (Reply)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.