Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (515121 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2014
luvablesam:
Hi people, my first time ever on Literature.I have always had interest in prose(read a lot of novels in my spare time). Currently reading Sahara by clive cutler....hate when some author describes Nigeria in a way he doesn't know about. Anyone read the book too?
I have it, but I haven't read it.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by seyitanhep: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
OMA4U:
African story?
I don't mind
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Swaginton(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
hi guys..am new here
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by luvablesam(m): 11:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
LarrySun:
I have it, but I haven't read it.

U shld.its a nice old book with vague description of west africa
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 12:00am On Oct 30, 2014
luvablesam:

U shld.its a nice old book with vague description of west africa
Okay, I'll read it next.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by OMA4U(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
seyitanhep:
I don't mind

Okay, try this out, The New Man by Femi Ademiluyi. You're not going to be disappointed.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by JackRyan(m): 2:33am On Nov 01, 2014
Hi! I'm an author. Though I write mainly popular fiction. I'm trying my hands on a dark horror (the likes of Stephen King) set in Nigeria. It's coming out as a free eBook in December. Cheers! smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by UjSizzle(f): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
maclatunji:

Good morning madam, have you been very busy? I would have contacted you but I am extremely busy.
Hi Mac. Sent you a mail days ago, it'd be nice if you confirmed receipt.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
UjSizzle:

Hi Mac. Sent you a mail days ago, it'd be nice if you confirmed receipt.

Oh dear! I never saw a mail from you. Could you kindly resend it. Apologies for this.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by AltarBoy1: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2014
check dis thread guys, will mk do of ur help wen d time comes. www.nairaland.com/1964878/just-thinking-put-up-film
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Frankloon(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
If you wanna join an Awesome whatsapp group for lovers and reader of books, from the fantasy, romance, thriller,..., to non-fiction genre. Hit me on 08136326669 . We share books, make recommendations , reviews , and share our opinions on works.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by AleshKeem(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1983333/secret-life-nigerian-teenager#27760208 hottest story on nairaland as of now....SECRET LIFE OF A NIGERIAN TEENAGER ..go check it out smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Frankloon(m): 3:36am On Nov 08, 2014
If you wanna join an Awesome whatsapp group for lovers and reader of books, from the
fantasy, romance, thriller, religious ,..., to non-fiction genre. Hit me on 08134790003 08136326669 or drop your contact on this thread. We share books,
make recommendations , reviews , and share our opinions on works.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2014
Larry I miss you....

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by vinwriter: 10:56am On Nov 08, 2014
I love the paintings. Please who did them?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by bluqk(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Frankloon:
If you wanna join an Awesome whatsapp group for lovers and reader of books, from the
fantasy, romance, thriller, religious ,..., to non-fiction genre. Hit me on 08134790003 08136326669 or drop your contact on this thread. We share books,
make recommendations , reviews , and share our opinions on works.

I'd like to join. . .08165448352
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by naptu2: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2014

You are hereby invited to a very special birthday party for a very special person.

Bring your presents and your dancing shoes - IT'S FIRESTAR'S BIRTHDAY!

https://www.nairaland.com/1991011/happy-birthday-firestar
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by ayozainy(f): 6:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Hi guys, I just started writing poems recently. I decided to post them here on NL, thus creating my first topic. It seems people don't really appreciate Poetry here. What I see is mainly Prose and Drama (more of Prose). Literature as we all know is divided into three genres: Prose, Poetry and Drama. It is titled "MY ANTHOLOGY". I need your encouragement, observations, analysis and criticisms. I need you guys so I could be better at this. I would have posted the link but I dont know how to copy links. GRACIAS.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
ayozainy:
Hi guys, I just started writing poems recently. I decided to post them here on NL, thus creating my first topic. It seems people don't really appreciate Poetry here. What I see is mainly Prose and Drama (more of Prose). Literature as we all know is divided into three genres: Prose, Poetry and Drama. It is titled "MY ANTHOLOGY". I need your encouragement, observations, analysis and criticisms. I need you guys so I could be better at this. I would have posted the link but I dont know how to copy links. GRACIAS.

Keep doing what you are passionate about. Over time recognition will come.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by ayozainy(f): 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

Keep doing what you are passionate about. Over time recognition will come.
Tanks
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
ayozainy:
Maclatunji,ayozainy. Everyone of the NL poets complained of the same thing when we got in here. I think its even better now when a few people started to be really active in the poetry section. If only you had come here a few weeks earlier,you would have been part of the just concluded Poetry Competition. I and the few other active poets decided to tackle this problem by launching an e-club. It will be launched on Saturday. You can volunteer to be a part of the launching comitee. Pls send me a mail or add me on BBM for briefings. 2A597437
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ayozainy,I think I should tell you this. I hope it won't discourage you. In the NL Poetry Section,we haven't gotten to a phase of being appreciated by the e-community. We are currently in a phase we're making plans on how we will become appreciated. There are a few people really giving this thing all they can. You can be part of them,the future seems bright.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Teespice(f): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Larrysun,

the nairaland writers collaboration thread of last year isn't completed yet and another thread is being created for this year.

is it not better to complete that thread before creating another.

lest I forget, I appreciate the collective efforts of last year's thread and that of this year. I really enjoyed reading the stories.

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by naijaboiy: 9:48am On Nov 19, 2014
FrancisTony:
Dear great writers,

Today is Mr Nairaland semifinal.
Please, endeavour to cast your vote for this two gentleman by typing;

I vote Naijaboiy

I vote Rilwayn e001

https://www.nairaland.com/2003937/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition

You are all appreciated.
Thanks and remain blessed. smiley
They have got beauty+brains.
You're really doing a good job bro...

I can't thank you enough embarassed

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Frankloon(m): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
If you're a big lover of books, especially fiction (fantasy, thriller, mystery...). Join this group on Facebook 'Book exchange', or hit this number for a nice whatsapp book group 08136326669. Both groups are Avenues to make request. Post the title and author and someone will surely send it to your mail. Arigatou
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by PrettyAngel22(f): 9:24am On Nov 25, 2014
I love nairaland.
Great writers like D9ty7,calismart,Larrsun,THEROCK555,Queenxtar etc,you guys are great
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by D9ty7(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2014
Thank you sis.
PrettyAngel22:
I love nairaland.
Great writers like D9ty7,calismart,Larrsun,THEROCK555,Queenxtar etc,you guys are great

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (725) (Reply)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Man Wey Dey Reason / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.