Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (202940 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
jites:
@ Prince, its reassuring to get some kind of comparism. Yeah i was told half block also count as one even a quarter block. When i calculated how much it will take to get the building to roofing level based on the number of block that will b e needed in total it seems quite cheap to me but that not withstanding ii will see if i can still drive a bargain with the builder. Thanks a lot Prince,

My "take it or leave it" price for 9" blocks is N30 for the place they will stand on the ground to do and N35 for the ones they will be standing on scaffold to do. To be fair to the bricklayers, half or quarter blocks are harder to lay than full blocks. The time they take to saw or cut the blocks, measure and fit it into the needed space will lay two full blocks. I pay them full price for half or quarter blocks.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
We are still preparing to roof this house, I have collected some funds from my client here and am waiting for the remaining funds to complete the whole roofing tiles. We are getting ready, the roof will soon be done.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by uromicom: 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
hello buılder ı am base ın oversea and ı ıntend to buıld a bongalow sıx bedroom and two leavıng room wıth a movıe room ınsıde and a pool please send me some pıcs of the once you have wıth a very nıce desıgn that wıll make people beg me for the plan

my purpose sıte ıs lekkı lagos

my emaıl ıs japhet234@yahoo.com

and how much ıt wıll cost me ı wıll be waıtıng for ur responds
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:04am On Feb 06, 2013
uromi.com:
hello buılder ı am base ın oversea and ı ıntend to buıld a bongalow sıx bedroom and two leavıng room wıth a movıe room ınsıde and a pool please send me some pıcs of the once you have wıth a very nıce desıgn that wıll make people beg me for the plan

my purpose sıte ıs lekkı lagos

my emaıl ıs japhet234@yahoo.com

and how much ıt wıll cost me ı wıll be waıtıng for ur responds

Lekki! Ha, I cannot claim to know the area very well but will ask around for you to see what the cost will look like. I will send you some pics for you to look at, Welcome.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:23am On Feb 06, 2013
Just love the design and painting in this house.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
Still waiting for the completion funds to complete the roofing of this house and thereafter we can start plastering.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
Oga Spyder, my little BQ project is comming on fine and i shall post some progress pic soon for my teachers to see and comment, i think i probably should stop calling it BQ now sef, it has 3 rooms, which are a step down sitting room, a bedroom and a storeroom a kitchen, a separate toilet and separate bathroom
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
Filling with laterite

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
Watering of the filling, this was easy for us, no need to buy water as we dug a bore hole from the onset, so just bought a hose pipe and used water from the borehole to water the whole filling.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
starting german floor and also we moulded some block for the sock away so we can lay the sock away block just incase rain falls so the already dug sock away does not cave in.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
Oga spyder if you remember at the begining i started by moulding blocks enough to take the building to roofing level, so now that the german floor is sorted we would concentrate on setting the blocks now to roof level, they just put small one say 4 layers abi na coaches however term the builders use, you know wetin i mean lol, make i go do some overtime for work and get some more fund in and then they will start more layers, when they reach roof level i will update the house again, then i will rest small wait for some fund by the grace of God and then roof.. by his grace

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
@Jites, this is more than a BQ, this one is now an MQ (men's quarters) grin The job is coming out neat, good works.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by dustydee: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
Please how much will it cost to roof a standard 5 bedroom bungalow? Using aluminium as compared to aluzinc.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 1:04am On Feb 12, 2013
dustydee: Please how much will it cost to roof a standard 5 bedroom bungalow? Using aluminium as compared to aluzinc.

Depending on how large the house is.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by dustydee: 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
about 500sqm
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Learning and enjoying the thread
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by ckenneths(m): 3:44am On Feb 13, 2013
Fhemmmy: Learning and enjoying the thread

You are welcome sir.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
a little pictorial progress report on my men's quarter

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
we hope to start the lintel work this week

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:44am On Feb 19, 2013
jites: a little pictorial progress report on my men's quarter

Men's quarter grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by rastaman20(m): 9:20am On Feb 19, 2013
This one pass Pass man quarter, rather big men quarter..
@jites. grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by nnemak(m): 10:38am On Feb 19, 2013
Keep it up!!!!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2013
Looking really good, and your choice for solid blocks is simply brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
lovely work sir, what is the cost implication on the building as it stand now. well done
jites: starting german floor and also we moulded some block for the sock away so we can lay the sock away block just incase rain falls so the already dug sock away does not cave in.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
Niiade: lovely work sir, what is the cost implication on the building as it stand now. well done
I will post the itemise cost when we finish with the lintel phase.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
jites:
I will post the itemise cost when we finish with the lintel phase.
Good job bro!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Milloues: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
[quote author=omonuan]Terrazo is really high class stuff in the U.S. This is the reason why most airports, hospitals, Court houses and Universities use them. They are well maintained through regular buffing and waxing and they last for ever. They look almost like mirror when you see them. Due to the usual lack of maintenance in Nigeria, many are left without the usual shine. But good terrazo beats tile any day.

Given your experience with terrazzo flooring, could you estimate the cost of terrazzo flooring in a standard 3 bedroom home in Nigeria? I heard it's more expensive than tiles. Your thoughts? Thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 5:47am On Feb 27, 2013
Do you have the BQ completed? I need to see what is the space on the buidling used for.
Thanks for all your useful threads.

Mufutau
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2013
mufutau55: Do you have the BQ completed? I need to see what is the space on the buidling used for.
Thanks for all your useful threads.

Mufutau

Welcome, dou you mean the BQ I am building near the duplex or the one Jites is building?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yes. The one being discussed above in this thread, that has some empty space on the side..
I will also send you some email, I am looking for some floor plan for a bungalow.
Thank you.

spyder880:
Welcome, dou you mean the BQ I am building near the duplex or the one Jites is building?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yes. The one being discussed above in this thread, that has some empty space on the side..
I will also send you some email, I am looking for some floor plan for a bungalow.
Thank you.

spyder880:

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Grisoft: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hi Spyder880,

I love your level of perfectionism. There is nothing as sweet as dealing with people "whose job is your comfort" (If you get what I mean). However, I personally feel the time has come for you to spread your tentacles to other states like Lagos & FCT. Trust me, with your level of professionalism, you did be busy 24/7 even as the money rakes in. Moreover, perhaps you may have clients seeking to buy houses (Completed or Cacass) OR Lands in Abuja or Lagos. I have got some ready for inspection and purchase. View Pics here https://www.nairaland.com/1208556/houses-lands-sale#14532662 . Once again, Keep up the good work smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.