Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203205 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Oga Spyder morning o, I have been following,reading and its addictive. Please I have a question for all the pros here and my Oga Spyder. What would best suit a 60ft by 60ft, 324sqm land, a duplex or a well built bungalow, bearing the following in mind.
cost implication?
Car parking space and a lil space too in the compound?
Cheaper to maintain and renovate in future?
Can both accommodate 4-bedrooms all en-suite?
Any other advise and input is very welcomed. Thanks everybody
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Niiade: Oga Spyder morning o, I have been following,reading and its addictive. Please I have a question for all the pros here and my Oga Spyder. What would best suit a 60ft by 60ft, 324sqm land, a duplex or a well built bungalow, bearing the following in mind.
cost implication?
Car parking space and a lil space too in the compound?
Cheaper to maintain and renovate in future?
Can both accommodate 4-bedrooms all en-suite?
Any other advise and input is very welcomed. Thanks everybody

Because you can fit fewer rooms on the ground floor, deck the house with a cantilever and have a larger top floor, a duplex is best in a land with little ground space. Get an architect to measure, design and produce a good drawing that will match your plans for the future. Best of luck bros.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2013
FLORIDACAR: No one but Spider. Accuracy, efficient and open simple arithmetic is your watchword! Please post any link where I can see some duplets design or 3D ?thank you sir!

I will post the links at night, but I have a thread where I have differnt designs and their prices and conditions are attached. Visit my thread "The cost and conditions for building these types of houses"
I will attach the link when I get home at night.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
jites:
Oga Fhemmmy thanks, na GOD's power o, it's well

And in His big arms we are sure of great protection, with His long hands we are guaranteed of provisions and favor . . . cool
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
jites: moreeee making steady progress and my belle is just sweeting me, the truth is i never ever thought i would one day embark on a building project men of God dedicating the foundation- except the LORD build the house the builder build but in vain. Also, taking a clue from Spyder, i instructed them to dig the suckaway and used the sand for some filling, saving some cost there. Please excuse the bum crack of the guy carrying the block.
@ Prince_onx no vex that i am starting with the BQ i know you said i should just start with the bungalow, but i promise i will complete all of them one by one ans smal small by small small by the grace of GOD. no body dey pursue me and na small small dem they drink hot pepper soup, as long as they dont give me preliminary and sub preliminary cost lol
Vex ke? Noooo! I am very happy you finally took the hardest/toughest step in building especially for first time builders on a budget and that is starting in the first place! I recalled how confused I was when I bought my own land. I wasn't sure if I should start with a BQ first or the main house! I wasn't sure if the main house should be a two flats 3 bedroom bungalow or a story building of 4 flats! And finally I know i can but wasn't sure how long the project will take me to finish cux I don't want to spend 10yrs building one house but today am glad and happy I started in the first place. Thanks to guys like Spyder who made building so simple in the eyes of folks like me/us. Glad to hear and see that you have kicked off and God will see you through and by the time you know it, you're done with this one and planning on your main house! Good job men and welcome aboard!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
prince_onx:
Vex ke? Noooo! I am very happy you finally took the hardest/toughest step in building especially for first time builders on a budget and that is starting in the first place! I recalled how confused I was when I bought my own land. I wasn't sure if I should start with a BQ first or the main house! I wasn't sure if the main house should be a two flats 3 bedroom bungalow or a story building of 4 flats! And finally I know i can but wasn't sure how long the project will take me to finish cux I don't want to spend 10yrs building one house but today am glad and happy I started in the first place. Thanks to guys like Spyder who made building so simple in the eyes of folks like me/us. Glad to hear and see that you have kicked off and God will see you through and by the time you know it, you're done with this one and planning on your main house! Good job men and welcome aboard!

@Prince_onx awww thanks man, your kind words is almost bringing tears to my eyes, and i am truely grateful for the help and support i have got and still get from this thread and from yourself ans spyder, May God continue to grant you guys wisdom. i will continue to upload progress as i go a long.
@Demain-Man i would love to start a thread and itemise the cost but it will be very relative depending on everyone's location for instance my borehole was dug with 40k now in some places it cost between 100k to 200k to dig a borehole but in my place Sapele with river ethiope in my backyard with a little digging you will even hit pure water and if you venture to dig a little further dont be suprise to hit crude oil lol so its that easy to dig a borehole that if they make yanga for me i will use shovel to dig my own borehole cos i no dey for any sub preliminary cost again. bUT I will if i can get my manager to update me with as much cost as possible that is relevant cos i no want to add 22k for drink for area boys. so i will just stick to uploading my progress on Mr Spyder thread if he doesn't mind, pickin wen wash him hand clean will eat with the elders, so i need to be around the elders of the trade.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
My Oga, happy new year o grin I don't need to ask because I know yours has also reached advanced stages?

Big bros, thank you so much ooo for letting us to sit at your table. May God continue to bless and keep you and your family. The dressing has now been completed at my site & electrical work is currently ongoing. Bros, the finishing chops a lot of money. I'm still expecting to find someone who would be loading a container from the US, to help me load up some tiles & grout. I'll show some pictures of our little progress later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
Jussi: My Oga, happy new year o grin I don't need to ask because I know yours has also reached advanced stages?

Big bros, thank you so much ooo for letting us to sit at your table. May God continue to bless and keep you and your family. The dressing has now been completed at my site & electrical work is currently ongoing. Bros, the finishing chops a lot of money. I'm still expecting to find someone who would be loading a container from the US, to help me load up some tiles & grout. I'll show some pictures of our little progress later.

Well done my brother, you are doing great. On finishing of a house, I plan to open a thread one day to compare which one is costlier, building a house to roofing level or finishing it to painting level.

I am expecting to see the current pictures of the house, thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 12:01am On Jan 25, 2013
Jussi: My Oga, happy new year o grin I don't need to ask because I know yours has also reached advanced stages?

Where in the US do you live? I live in Ohio but Presently in Newark NJ loading one which should be heading to Bayoune NJ port tomorrow. Will be your lucky day if you live in NY/NJ and have your tiles ready to go! If not, contact Impex worldwide shipping co in Sayreville NJ. They do group/shared container. That is if you are in NE. Cheers
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by egin(m): 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
prince_onx:
Where in the US do you live? I live in Ohio but Presently in Newark NJ loading one which should be heading to Bayoune NJ port tomorrow. Will be your lucky day if you live in NY/NJ and have your tiles ready to go! If not, contact Impex worldwide shipping co in Sayreville NJ. They do group/shared container. That is if you are in NE. Cheers
Is it cheaper to buy tiles here in the US than in Nigeria? Comments will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
egin:
Is it cheaper to buy tiles here in the US than in Nigeria? Comments will be greatly appreciated.

I am also interested in knowing the answer, @ my men Prince_onx, Jussi, you are in the best position to tell us o cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Meanwhile, this is how our house looks like as at today,

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kopell: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
I don't think so, how much is it going to cost you shipped them to Naija and the cost to clear the container. You
May get better quality here if you're ready to pay more not those China cheap once that are sold at lowe's Home Depot, am not saying every one in those store are cheap. I was surprise to see one piece SQF for $60 at these marble tiles store where I but my. The Company do not allow any product from China in their store
This things get class my brother !!!
I just but worth of 1400SQF here in Quess NY, I never new it was that heavy, it's took me three trips with HI-LOW to load it in the big U-hal I rented to drop them at my house !!!!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
But this is how it looked back then, a flashback cheesy

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
kopell: I don't think so, how much is it going to cost you shipped them to Naija and the cost to clear the container. You
May get better quality here if you're ready to pay more not those China cheap once that are sold at lowe's Home Depot, am not saying every one in those store are cheap. I was surprise to see one piece SQF for $60 at these marble tiles store where I but my. The Company do not allow any product from China in their store
I just but worth of 1400SQF here in Quess NY, I never new it was that heavy, it's took me three trips with HI-LOW to load it in the big U-hal I rented to drop them at my house !!!!

Thanks man, supposing you are buying same quality here as you would buy there (if its possible to see that quality here) do you think they will be of same price?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
Do you remember this lone pillar I stood at the corner?

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kopell: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
No my brother it will cost you more. If you check your
Cost here and landing fee over there, it will better to pay more in Naija to get you better quality there. Just make sure they buy the good product from Italy ,Brazil,Spain or South America. That where they have best quality marbles tiles.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
kopell: No my brother it will cost you more. If you check your
Cost here and landing fee over there, it will better to pay more in Naija to get you better quality there. Just make sure they buy the good product from Italy ,Brazil,Spain or South America. That where they have best quality marbles tiles.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
This is the place we placed the pillar, also placed a deck over it and stretched the parapet over it.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
Another angle of it, just a flashback.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
From the past

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
To the present

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:04am On Jan 26, 2013
Some of the designs after we removed the wood today.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2013
This is the right side of the house, staircase side. The whole parapet has been removed here.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by egin(m): 3:19am On Jan 26, 2013
kopell: I don't think so, how much is it going to cost you shipped them to Naija and the cost to clear the container. You
May get better quality here if you're ready to pay more not those China cheap once that are sold at lowe's Home Depot,[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] am not saying every one in those store are cheap. I was surprise to see one piece SQF for $60 at these marble tiles store where I but my. The Company do not allow any product from China in their store
Quality of China tiles in the US is not the same China tiles in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2013
Well done sirs, Chief Spyder what would be the cost implication of decking a duplex be sir. Thank you
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2013
Niiade: Well done sirs, Chief Spyder what would be the cost implication of decking a duplex be sir. Thank you

Cost in building has a lot to do with size. It will depend largely on the overall size, thickness and designs as prepared by the architect. Another important consideration in decking cost is the type of materials chosen. A house decked with granite will have a wide margin in costs with a house done with gravel.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2013
Thank you very much
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
spyder880:

I am also interested in knowing the answer, @ my men Prince_onx, Jussi, you are in the best position to tell us o cheesy

Also @Egin,
Kopell has pretty much answered the question and I would also buy the quality tiles in naija than import from here except if am loading a container and just decided to buy them from here. You have more advantage buying in naija if its the quality tiles because you will have them readily available to install compare to waiting almost 2 months and also risk some being cracked on arrival.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Thank you prince onx for offering to assist with conveying my tiles. The point is that I haven't even bought them yet, but had hoped to buy my preferred tiles, either from the States or Europe. It'll depend on where one gets a loading space in a container. I'm based in Finland and expect to find a greater variety and quality of tiles that will suit my needs.

If it takes too long to get the means to convey the tiles, I'll source them from Naija.
It would be nice know how good the adhesives and grouting materials really are. No doubt that it is easier and perhaps cheaper to buy all the materials from Naija. In fact, I plan to tile my space by myself cheesy and will start as soon as my materials arrive on site. Does someone know where I can buy a very high quality tiling adhesives (not the typical white cement) and grout in Nigeria? I think that it would be nice to a great variety of tiles to choose from, and the following quality of work won't be bad cheesy cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ooops! I don't manage to post my pictures yet for some unknown reasons sad
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Demainman1: 1:43am On Jan 27, 2013
@ All, Don't blame the tiles, blame the tiler! A bad tiler will mess up even those your imported from US and Europe tiles. There are good tiles in Nigeria at less the cost, you just have to shine your eyes. What makes a tile fake by the way? These days, there are even marble looking ceramic tiles at a fraction of the cost. You won't even know except you are told.

The only reason i belief anyone would import tiles these days is just to show off their wealth and not because of any 'quality'. Of course, if you have it, flaunt it o!. Wetin una dey build sef? Castle? Abi no be dat same 'third world' Nigeria again? My people modesty should be our watch word in that country pls. Avoid unnecessary wastages.

Prof Spyder is sourcing all his tiles in Naija and we all can see how well his house is coming out!

**Make sure to use a very good tiler. That is the secret**

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.