Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (205630 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
spyder880:

A single 9" hollow block is sold for N140 - N150. Depending on the location.

Nice one, that means Bricks alone wont be more than 950K Naira for such . . . I too dey enjoy your lectures . . .Duck and Roofing is what i would love to see the math on
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
spyder880:

My brother Warri far ogrin
The condition of Enugu-Onitsha express way will make it difficult for me to shuttle between Enugu-Anambra-Delta-Ebonyi and produce good results. I would really want to do more in the near future.

We have so much new projects planned to start this year around Enugu state. We are very committed to step up our game towards satisfying you my friends. We plan to grow bigger and get better, we plan to explore all the options and give you guys the varieties that will make your house a colorful experience.

Although I caught your attention with serious cost cutting techniques during my first online outing to build my own house, I have come to realize that not all clients like my 'cheap' way of doing things. I am always communicating with many potential clients and from the feedback I get, people will love to see me depart from building 'cheap' to moving my priority to building 'comfort'cheesy . I had a visitor in my house today, in the duplex you all know here online. The prospective client loved the house but hated the finish. He instructed me to finish his own with better roofing, doors, windows and tiles. Well, I just wanted to complete some good space for my kids, nothing too luxurious.

We are still ready to serve, we are still anxious to take on more jobs if its in our reach and the price is right. We cannot agree to start a job this 2013 if the job will make us 'manage' resources to the extent of looking 'cheap'.

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLORATED.grin

Nothing wrong with a bit of brand repositioning, go ahead Oga spyder nothing do you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
spyder880:

The condition of Enugu-Onitsha express way will make it difficult for me to shuttle between Enugu-Anambra-Delta-Ebonyi and produce good results. I would really want to do more in the near future.

We have so much new projects planned to start this year around Enugu state. We are very committed to step up our game towards satisfying you my friends. We plan to grow bigger and get better, we plan to explore all the options and give you guys the varieties that will make your house a colorful experience.

Although I caught your attention with serious cost cutting techniques during my first online outing to build my own house, I have come to realize that not all clients like my 'cheap' way of doing things. I am always communicating with many potential clients and from the feedback I get, people will love to see me depart from building 'cheap' to moving my priority to building 'comfort'cheesy . I had a visitor in my house today, in the duplex you all know here online. The prospective client loved the house but hated the finish. He instructed me to finish his own with better roofing, doors, windows and tiles. Well, I just wanted to complete some good space for my kids, nothing too luxurious.

We are still ready to serve, we are still anxious to take on more jobs if its in our reach and the price is right. We cannot agree to start a job this 2013 if the job will make us 'manage' resources to the extent of looking 'cheap'.

Nothing wrong with a bit of brand repositioning, but like a previous contributor said, you can have variety or like they say in business diversification or product prolification, the guys in UK will know that Tesco do own brand but also stock premium quality products even same thing with car manufacturers, they produce their cars for different segment of the markets and it could be based on quality, price, safety etc.. go ahead Oga spyder nothing do you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
jites:

Nothing wrong with a bit of brand repositioning, but like a previous contributor said, you can have variety or like they say in business diversification or product prolification, the guys in UK will know that Tesco do own brand but also stock premium quality products even same thing with car manufacturers, they produce their cars for different segment of the markets and it could be based on quality, price, safety etc.. go ahead Oga spyder nothing do you.

Thank you my man, I feel you. What about your project?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you my man, I feel you. What about your project?

Project is comming on fine, its raining heavily almost everyday. but hopefully when its stop raining we would complete the german floor.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kostadinis: 12:49am On Jan 30, 2013
spyder880:

I believe that many were attracted to you among other things due to your modesty.

And I thought also that your success so far was based on this principle. Suffice it to say that many of your readers have had no reasons to complain about the quality of your jobs so far. "Comfort", "cheap" or "luxury" is relative. Especially in a big population whose wealth was abysmally distributed. I just wanna let you know that the dexterity you've shown in accomplishing HIGH QUALITY jobs on HUMANE BUDGETS was a calling from God almighty. Your admirers who are re-tooling their wallets and anticipating to establish contact are so pleased with you. Having said that, those who have deep pockets, and who would want the frills of TAJ MAHAL in their houses, should not be ignored. Just make sure their deep pockets do not alter your known policy of engaging the struggling majority.

My brother, hold on to those ideals that have stood you out.

3 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2013
kostadinis:

I believe that many were attracted to you among other things due to your modesty.

And I thought also that your success so far was based on this principle. Suffice it to say that many of your readers have had no reasons to complain about the quality of your jobs so far. "Comfort", "cheap" or "luxury" is relative. Especially in a big population whose wealth was abysmally distributed. I just wanna let you know that the dexterity you've shown in accomplishing HIGH QUALITY jobs on HUMANE BUDGETS was a calling from God almighty. Your admirers who are re-tooling their wallets and anticipating to establish contact are so pleased with you. Having said that, those who have deep pockets, and who would want the frills of TAJ MAHAL in their houses, should not be ignored. Just make sure their deep pockets do not alter your known policy of engaging the struggling majority.

Thank you. There is a duplex project which I had wanted to start by this week, the owner of the house will want his house built with the lowest budget possible. I will probably go and inspect the site tomorrow. I may open the new thread for the work by next week. Thanks again for your encouraging words.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by FLORIDACAR: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2013
@Spider, I told you so! ... You can not discontinue winning mentality.... Have once said it that u are next big thing out of naija..please don't stop doing what you are doing.
We all loving it!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by OilSubsidy: 11:08am On Jan 30, 2013
kostadinis:

Very well said sir! @Prof Spyder, The only reason i got attracted to your threads among all the many on the property section is due to your ability to make what seems impossible to be possible where building a house is concern. Do not lose that touch sir. Having said that, do not refuse work from the 'Deep pocket' money men as well because that can also be used to showcase your 'other side' as a great home interior and exterior decorator.

If Nigeria is a place where things are got on merit, I foresee you being made a commisioner for works & housing in your state or even a MINISTER sef in no distant future because your type is what Nigeria desperately need. Future STATE GOVERNORS and even PRESIDENTS may already be students on your threads here. Keep on keeping it simple sir!

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
@ FLORIDACAR, Oilsubsidy, I understand you guys very well and will try to get better at what we are doing. Expect much better performance from my team in the next few weeks, months. Thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by payoski: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
spyder880:

A single 9" hollow block is sold for N140 - N150. Depending on the location.
Oga SPY, pls moulding block and buying which is cost less and better, i want to start small small i don't have bulk cash and my land is OMONILE free, hahahaahhahah
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
payoski: Oga SPY, pls moulding block and buying which is cost less and better, i want to start small small i don't have bulk cash and my land is OMONILE free, hahahaahhahah

Molding block on site is surely less costly, this is because you stand to gain what the block industries gain by cutting them off and hiring molders yourself. But there is a price to pay for that gain, you will have to provide time to 'baby sit' the block makers if you want the best results. You have to be around to monitor the mix ratio, the packing conditions and most importantly, prevent them from stealing your cement and making more sand to cover the missing cement.

On your second question of which is better, well, if you reduce your mixing ratio to mean less sand is used to mix each bag of cement, you will get a stonger product of blocks. But remember that some block industries also have vibrating engines that ensure stronger compaction.

Look up my thread about block making, "The technology of block making" for more related posts.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by payoski: 8:56am On Feb 01, 2013
spyder880:

Molding block on site is surely less costly, this is because you stand to gain what the block industries gain by cutting them off and hiring molders yourself. But there is a price to pay for that gain, you will have to provide time to 'baby sit' the block makers if you want the best results. You have to be around to monitor the mix ratio, the packing conditions and most importantly, prevent them from stealing your cement and making more sand to cover the missing cement.

On your second question of which is better, well, if you reduce your mixing ratio to mean less sand is used to mix each bag of cement, you will get a stonger product of blocks. But remember that some block industries also have vibrating engines that ensure stronger compaction. God bless u

Look up my thread about block making, "The technology of block making" for more related posts.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
I was in this site today to monitor the clearing of the inner rooms from debris resulting in all the works done of recent. My client here has assured me that the funds for the roofing sheets will get to us soonest, and the roofing will soon be completed thereafter.

We will soon get to plastering and finishing stages later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Futhermore, I held some meetings with investors that wants to partner with me on an expanded project of building an estate.

On my own also, I have been exploring possibilities since begining of the week to change the way I operate. My previous plan to start buying lands and building homes for sale is nearing fruition. If I must make much changes in the housing sector in this country, I will need to move to the next level, so help me GOD.cool
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
spyder880: Futhermore, I held some meetings with investors that wants to partner with me on an expanded project of building an estate.

On my own also, I have been exploring possibilities since begining of the week to change the way I operate. My previous plan to start buying lands and building homes for sale is nearing fruition. If I must make much changes in the housing sector in this country, I will need to move to the next level, so help me GOD.cool
Will like to know and hear more about this.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
oga spyder u should factor in investors too from nairaland.is it not something that would benefit alot of people. esp those in the east looking to invest funds home n abroad. thanks
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
prince_onx:
Will like to know and hear more about this.

Will keep you posted Bro, trust me.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
Niiade: oga spyder u should factor in investors too from nairaland.is it not something that would benefit alot of people. esp those in the east looking to invest funds home n abroad. thanks

Hmmmm, well as we go on we shall see how our friends here can participate. I see so much promise in profitability in the house sales market in quiet towns like Enugu, Owerri or Awka for a start. The population in Nigeria keeps expanding and more people needs more homes as living conditions continue to improve due to education and offshore opportunities.

But the business partnership prospects is what I will still need to think about. I am still thinking of mobilizing funds and going solo for now, choose the land out of many in the full glare of the online community, start the building and state the expected selling price, construct the house with minute-by-minute details of every pin used, then advertise on other forums, spread the word and I know I can make a sale as soon as possible.

Well, for now I will just keep planning it.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
spyder880:

Hmmmm, well as we go on we shall see how our friends here can participate. I see so much promise in profitability in the house sales market in quiet towns like Enugu, Owerri or Awka for a start. The population in Nigeria keeps expanding and more people needs more homes as living conditions continue to improve due to education and offshore opportunities.

But the business partnership prospects is what I will still need to think about. I am still thinking of mobilizing funds and going solo for now, choose the land out of many in the full glare of the online community, start the building and state the expected selling price, construct the house with minute-by-minute details of every pin used, then advertise on other forums, spread the word and I know I can make a sale as soon as possible.

Well, for now I will just keep planning it.

Well done sir, that's a grand idea.........
Well in terms of sale I am pretty sure that would pull thru for you sir. With development in the east and also with a lot of population in lagos, I see peoplE moving to take over places like enugu.

I seek to indulge you in a line of thot, as a very outstanding professional I know you can value the estimated cost in building or engaging a project.
If you can forecast the total cost of buying the land n building a house to a very close range.
You can do some projects n sell, then also you can involve a few heavyweights in large sums to carry out projects sale n share profit here n outside nairaland.
Another option I believe in is like selling lots like shares.
This way low income earners can key in with as lil as 50k and except profit plus cash invested in 6 months to a year depending on the project.
E.g if a building and land (inculde you cost and professional fees) would cost 5million, and we divide the lots in let's say 100k per lot, you would have 50lots to sell (a lawyer can be involved). After completion of project it is sold for 8million to a customer, after sale
100k was invested per lot, 5million was total cost=50 lot
8Million would be divided by 50lots giving 160k per lot to investors. That way it is cost n profit is divided equally. I hope you would think about this too.
Thank you sir keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:20am On Feb 03, 2013
Niiade:

Well done sir, that's a grand idea.........
Well in terms of sale I am pretty sure that would pull thru for you sir. With development in the east and also with a lot of population in lagos, I see peoplE moving to take over places like enugu.

I seek to indulge you in a line of thot, as a very outstanding professional I know you can value the estimated cost in building or engaging a project.
If you can forecast the total cost of buying the land n building a house to a very close range.
You can do some projects n sell, then also you can involve a few heavyweights in large sums to carry out projects sale n share profit here n outside nairaland.
Another option I believe in is like selling lots like shares.
This way low income earners can key in with as lil as 50k and except profit plus cash invested in 6 months to a year depending on the project.
E.g if a building and land (inculde you cost and professional fees) would cost 5million, and we divide the lots in let's say 100k per lot, you would have 50lots to sell (a lawyer can be involved). After completion of project it is sold for 8million to a customer, after sale
100k was invested per lot, 5million was total cost=50 lot
8Million would be divided by 50lots giving 160k per lot to investors. That way it is cost n profit is divided equally. I hope you would think about this too.
Thank you sir keep up the good work

I share your views, but dividing the lots in N50k may make the number of persons involved to be too many. I am looking at a starting sum of N10 million, if I can get 20 investors who can contribute N500k each, and we start the building, I can assure you that with my wide contacts in lands (I was once a land agent finding and selling lands and buildings for people for either sale or rent in 2002-2007)

The proposal will be like this,
1. Use N4m-4.5m to buy lands in choice areas where I know sales will be fast
2. Use N500k to regularize the documentation of the land, community development levies, youth levies and government rgistration/building plans approvals, etc. (I have trusted contacts everywhere)
3. Use N5m to plan and build a decent bungalow with BQ attached at the back. Fencing and gate also inclusive.
4. I know bungalows that sell for N14m in Enugu these days and I know I can do better, I can build a better one and sell it for N13-N13.5m.
5. The profit of N3m could then be split into the number of contributors even as I move into the next building, spicing up the plans and designing appetizing structures.
6. The profits could also be reinvested if the parties agree, we can start with one building and progress to 2, 3, or more buildings.
7. If for any reason we plan to wind down the project or a member wishes to cash out, we can insert a clause in the agreement on how this could be done.
8. I will be talking to a lawyer by next week and will tell you guys my findings.

I am also thinking of starting a new thread for this so more people can contribute ideas and suggestions. Thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 9:28am On Feb 03, 2013
very good idea sir, you have vast experience and that would add a lot to this wondeful project.
I believe that having a sizeable number is ok like 20 like you said. I am sure there are people on Nl that can even buy 2-5 500k lots for a biulding.
Well sir, the building aspect you have broken down very well.
You would need to also bring out the time frame of buying land, buidling, and selling. That would aid investors decision. Cus rather than have 1m in an account sleeping it can be invested for more income thru this your laudable project.

I am sure after a few buildings, capital can be raised to build a wonderful low cost estate within a medium scale area in enugu and it can be soley maintain and managed by you (giving you a steady income) after it has been sold and profit shared.

A new thread would be great, can't wait to listen to more engaging ideas. Thank you very much for the oppotunity to contribute to your great project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by FLORIDACAR: 10:00am On Feb 03, 2013
@spider, What about gather private investor kind of business ? I.e let say 5 or more investor including you contributes 2 lots of 500k each?=1M per investor.
If this sound good to you? Let me the first to say YES?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @spider, What about gather private investor kind of business ? I.e let say 5 or more investor including you contributes 2 lots of 500k each?=1M per investor.
If this sound good to you? Let me the first to say YES?

Another good idea, lets continue to suggest more ways of doing this till we arrive at a workable plan. I will set up the thread for this later today. I count on your vast experience to drive this while I figure out the best ways to squeeze out profits from it. Thanks once again.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kopell: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
@spyder880 what a good ideal, put together your proposer let see how it will work. How about an investor provide land in prime location? incluing these option in your proposer,let take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
kopell: @spyder880 what a good ideal, put together your proposer let see how it will work. How about an investor provide land in prime location? incluing these option in your proposer,let take it from there.

Please bring this idea up when I start the new thread, good idea. Thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
@ Prince Onx, niiade, kopell, FLORIDACAR, our discussion on the modalities for the property investment scheme continues here
https://www.nairaland.com/1184175/first-nairaland-property-investment-partnership

Thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ Spyder880, I salute o, i see you are really thinking big with your latest idea of building and selling properties in association with a few (20) private investors. Honestly, i think its a grweat idea and it takes you to another level and shows you are an innovator. I pray it all goes well and hopefully when pepper rest with me i should be able to join those private investor, thats if the criteria for joining no too hatd by then. God will grant you wisdom, you can only go upwards!!!. Spyder, i am hoping to complete the german floor on my project by this Thursday and will post pics and hopefully start start the block laying up to the lintel level but my preliminary (Prince_onx favourite word lol) discussion with the builder with regards cost of block laying, the guy say that the cost is 35 naira per block layed. so if the total block for completion up to lintel level is 1600, the cost will be 35X1600 which equal 56k. is the cost reasonable? Is this a reasonable way of costing, or is there a better way. I need help from the house so i can make a decision on how i want to proceed. Thanks
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
jites: @ Spyder880, I salute o, i see you are really thinking big with your latest idea of building and selling properties in association with a few (20) private investors. Honestly, i think its a grweat idea and it takes you to another level and shows you are an innovator. I pray it all goes well and hopefully when pepper rest with me i should be able to join those private investor, thats if the criteria for joining no too hatd by then. God will grant you wisdom, you can only go upwards!!!. Spyder, i am hoping to complete the german floor on my project by this Thursday and will post pics and hopefully start start the block laying up to the lintel level but my preliminary (Prince_onx favourite word lol) discussion with the builder with regards cost of block laying, the guy say that the cost is 35 naira per block layed. so if the total block for completion up to lintel level is 1600, the cost will be 35X1600 which equal 56k. is the cost reasonable? Is this a reasonable way of costing, or is there a better way. I need help from the house so i can make a decision on how i want to proceed. Thanks
¥¥¥
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
@ spyder888, Oga spyder, i no hear from you with regards to the question i posted above, i know say you head is doing overtime right now with your new idea/ project but no forget us o, i still need your help big time o. I am loyal
good evening
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
jites: @ spyder888, Oga spyder, i no hear from you with regards to the question i posted above, i know say you head is doing overtime right now with your new idea/ project but no forget us o, i still need your help big time o. I am loyal
good evening
N35 is a bargain per block! And remember even half blocks are counted as one (N35 too). I was quoted N40 per block for mine but who really has time to count full and half blocks? I ended up negotiating the project stage by stage! You might wanna consider doing that. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
prince_onx:
N35 is a bargain per block! And remember even half blocks are counted as one (N35 too). I was quoted N40 per block for mine but who really has time to count full and half blocks? I ended up negotiating the project stage by stage! You might wanna consider doing that. Cheers!
@ Prince, its reassuring to get some kind of comparism. Yeah i was told half block also count as one even a quarter block. When i calculated how much it will take to get the building to roofing level based on the number of block that will b e needed in total it seems quite cheap to me but that not withstanding ii will see if i can still drive a bargain with the builder. Thanks a lot Prince,

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.