Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,523 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? (13408 Views)

Ladies: Can U Kiss Your Boyfriend Early Morning Without Brushing His Mouth / Ever Kissed Someone And Their Mouth Smells? Share Ur Stories. / How Do I Tell Him His Mouth Smells Without Making Him Feel Angry Or Insulted. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by sweetlizzy(f): 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
Met this guy some months back. Handsome and fit for marriage. I noticed any time he talks close to me i perceive sometin offencive. i later confirmed the smell comes from his mouth. I was disappointed. since then i have been avoiding anything like kiss telling him I've gat an injury in my mouth and stuffs like that.

A bit confused now, don't know if telling him to get a mouth wash is an option. I feel he should know cos he is grown up. I love him but i don't think i can stay with him like that.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2007
Elizabeth, just tell him, his dental hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.

How you choose to dress things when you decide to tell him is down to you. But, one thing's clear - you can't keep on fobbing him off with your "got injury in my mouth" excuse. He'll soon wise up that you simply don't want to kiss him.

At least if he realises why, it may shame him sufficiently to make him do something about his dental routine. Best of luck!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Dreloaded(f): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2007
lizzy. I think this is something that affects a majority of Nigerian males. It really is a disaster.

I believe it's because alot of them tend to use ONE toothbrush for years and years. Get the damn boy a new toothbrush and some very minty toothpaste, the type with ice crystals. Also talk about how you like washing your tongue and do it alot around him, alot of people tend to neglect the tongue which is the #1 cause of bad breath and hopefully he'll follow your lead.

Then of course there's the offering of gum or mints. Do it with enough force and he'll get the hint.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2007
D-reloaded:

lizzy. I think this is something that affects a majority of Nigerian males. It really is a disaster.

I believe it's because alot of them tend to use ONE toothbrush for years and years. Get the damn boy a new toothbrush and some very minty toothpaste, the type with ice crystals. Also talk about how you like washing your tongue and do it alot around him, alot of people tend to neglect the tongue which is the #1 cause of bad breath and hopefully he'll follow your lead.

Then of course there's the offering of gum or mints. Do it with enough force and he'll get the hint.

LMAO. . . this girl sef. . .

@post
if i was ypu, i'll tell him o. . . .no matter hot hot and sexy he is. . .i can't be the only with the sexy teeth. some men still don't understand how crucial twice a day or brush after every meal means. it's sad. . .disgustingly sad cry
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Uzzyan: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2007
My dear lizzy if u know u admire him abeg tell him to get a mouthwash jokingly donot make him feel embarassed abeg. Guys hate that alot. Make him understand that u really love him and that is y you are doing what u are doing
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by MrInfo1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
BEter still grin give him mouthwash as a birthday present, if his birthday is too far, employ ppl to kidnap him and tell them to help u wash clean his teeth for you ---- word grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by adeboo(f): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2007
I have met llots of good looking guys that just have that smell, bad breath or just body odour.

Its amazing.

But i i were u sweetlizzy, i would definately hint that we brush our teeth together, use mouthahs ogether and use a moth spray or breath gums or something.

I have to be attracted to ma man and that means him not giving off any kinda bad odour.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Rhea(f): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2007
If he smells, then discuss it with him.

But be sure he will repel you at first and then realise that you may have a point.

I suggest you lead by example, if you live together. Drag him along when you want to do your oral hygiene thingy.

If you don't live with him, then let your next gift set suggest your opinion. But present this with subtlety and definitely when you're alone.

Most men will repel you when you correct them.

Good luck! You sure need it.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by sammy6(m): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2007
Tell him,He'll be much more concious of his breath.But abeg make sure you tell him Jeje.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by swoosh(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2007
Please tell him. I'd appreciate if a girl told me that sincerely. Just try to tell him in a nice way
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by zignor(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2007
@poster . . .so, you have finally made it . . .congrat on your new found love . . .How manage? undecided

Who is the lucky guy cheesy grin grin

@topic . . .Just hit him intentionally in his tooth, with this, you can refer him to the dentist for a mouth wash grin grin grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Soundmind(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2007
I advice you buy the mouth wash and use it together with him, if you are not living together, give it to him as a gift but insist on using it together with him on the first day you will give it to him. After the mouth wash, give him a kiss. It is an indirect way of telling him that the kiss is courtesy of the mouth wash. He will like it and will continue using it.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Gbemyte(f): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2007
y not get him all the afore mention things.After dat tell him d reason y u bought him those things,tell him u love him dats is d reason for buying him those things.Dont leave him because of that u can be of help and he ll never forget u.Wish u good luck.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by blackgucci(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2007
oh yes doooooooo
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by jkpretty(f): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2007
Please don't Present a mouth wash wrapped as gift for him, no matter how u look at it, its very insulting. Just tell him that their's a particular mouth wash u use that makes ur mouth really feel fresh for a long time, & ask him if he'll want to try it out. (make sure u say this playfully with no hint of an intension). He'll definately not say no.

Look u have to be bold enough to do this, don't think some of ur friends haven't perceived the odour. Whether u like it or not, it will rub on u too. So be quick at finding a solution.

Tell him after brushing, & using a mouth wash to use warm water (almost hot) to gaggle. Its kills germs & dirt easily, especially those activated after brushing.

1 Like

Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by onmyown(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2007
I subscribe to jkpretty's line of approach. Guys dont get the drift when they are playfully handled even on a serious matter. Some like me may like it upfront though but some others might be crushed. I do remember back in the days when i started dating that a girl i ended up with thouhght me things i still do today to my advantage. She just made it look like this is what you get for trying so so and so so out and before you knew it became a routine which i am better off for now.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by saucekid(m): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2007
smelly mouth . . . . . . . . encourage him to take tom tom regularly grin grin grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by biife: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2007
tell him,

maybe something like this:

oh dear, did something die in your mouth?

or,

oh dear, there\'s something damaging my nostril
and it\'s coming from your mouth!

or, you can say:

oh darling, i love you! i really really love you!
but there\'s something i\'ve been trying to tell
you for months:

you have bad breath!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Grouppoint(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2007
Guys dont take kindly to anything that would affect their ego.

So suggest to him that there is something he eats, like Onions or garlic, and the smell tends to stay on.
If he insists that its not something in particular, he will then be left to decide why then his breath stinks.
But do not tell him that he has a permanaent MO. You may never see him again.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by jintujinta(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2007
What about just telling him a list of things that put you off people. Then when you mention bad breath, you really emphasise it and say that people ought to brush after each meal or in the morning and before going to bed in the night. I guess he will get the gist and adjust. If he still doesnt get it, tell him he needs to chew gum or lick tom tom regularly.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by oziomatv(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2007
old girl tell him, it might cause some embarrassment at the moment but serve in future, he might thank you for being kind, that shows you realy love him. I even ask my girl to tell me my defect in other to fix it up.
say it in a romantic way he might understand. mouth odor or body odor does not noticed by porple who bears it, do him that favour.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by tome1: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2007
you ll be doing him a lot of good if you tell him cos if you dont someone else will and it might be more embarassing and if he tells u and you confirm it he will then blame you that u didnt love him co if u do u wont allow him to be ridicled by a stranger.

You can tell him by buying the necessary things that cured bad breath and then break the news to him.Please tell him
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by eudio(f): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2007
hi lizzy,

i advice u tell him. pls do it in a very polite way.

if u can't tell him, who will? u are his girlfriend, remember?

so u should be free to tell him the truth.

it is up to u.

goodluck girl
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Debbie1010(f): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2007
SweetLizzy,

If you want to keep that Guy, Abeg DO NOT tell him he has Mouth Odour. Some Men just cant take such bitter truths especially when its a blow to their ego. He will just take off and you'll never see him again. If you really like him, abeg buy Mouth Wash for him. You could also encourage him to lick a lot of Glucose D as I hear its good for such problems. Buy lots of Baba Blue (Vicks sweets) whenever you're with him, that way his breath will be fresh and you wont have to keep your face away when he's talikng.

I once had a colleague that had the same problem and the Bobo was sooooooo fine. I felt sorry for him. I wonder what the root cause of this MO is.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Seun(m): 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2007
I think you'll just have to manage the mouth odor like that. There's no easy way out.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by ayusman16(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2007
Just buy a carton of toothpaste and mouth wash grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by niceuzor: 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2007
lol Mr Otherwise Ban!  grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by titosantin(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2007
Ah seun! why u go talk say make the girl manage him like that!u wan make she manage bad thing?abi u fit manage a girl with smelly mouth?
sweet lizzy if u love him u will tell him the truth, his mouth stinks there's no two way to that grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by 2old4that(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2007
Seun:

I think you'll just have to manage the mouth odor like that. There's no easy way out.

Haha . . . lol
Yeah right, atleast Nigerians are known to manage things. grin smiley

@Poster
Dont u both get serious with each other for once. During one of such moment, you could look him in the eyes and tell him you dont like the smells of his mouth. He should do somethng about it; and better still suggest some mouth-wash flavours for him to try on.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by crazyT(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2007
Why don't you just call a spade spade?

"Sweetheart I love you so much, I really want to kiss kiss you but your mouth odour is killing me"

Shikena!!! wink
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Tawak: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2007
YES, but dnt b rude
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Revive(f): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2007
@Poster
You really have tried to go that far.

If it is me, I can’t stand mouth odour. I will also not want to insult him. So in the first place,  there wouldn’t have been any intimate relationship between me and such person. I will gently and politely refuse his advances. I detest it even with fellow girl friends, not to talk of life-partner or would be life-partner. I do not hate such people anyway but just that I am allergic to mouth odour. There will also be no need for me to lie with statements like “I've gat an injury in my mouth” since I do not believe in intimate kiss (and sex) before marriage.  

His family-parents, siblings are in better position to tell him. I wonder how some parents bring up their children? Cleanliness is one of the basic things a child should learn right from childhood so it becomes a part of him/her and makes him/her uncomfortable any time he/she does not clean up properly.

Nevertheless since you have already gone far with him, you just have to tell him the plain truth but be polite. On the other hand, keep in mind that if he is the type that can not be corrected or if he is not used to cleanliness, he may never change. This one you are already talking of kiss-kiss, he might deceive you, brush for some time, get your kiss and hand in marriage only to go back to his usual mouth odour after you’ve settled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naked Challenge Begins Due To Corona Virus Lockdown (photos) / Why Are Nigerian Women In The USA So Easy? / Ladies Have You Ever Seduced A Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.