Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? (15652 Views)

I Will Commit Suicide If GEJ Wins The Election / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ayobase(m): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2012
maasoap: liar!

Na only ur papa, mama and wife u like abi?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by amaba: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Acidosis: yes I will and even if he doesn't
I SUPPORT U. I WILL VOTE FOR HIM. HE DESERVES A CHANCE BY NIGERIANS AND WE HAVE NOT GIVEN HIM ANYWAY EXCEPT IMPATIENCE, INSULTS....
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ayobase(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Olaolufred:

We all know what you have said.
The question is "should improvement in power supply earn him an automatic re-election"?

Can u give me A reason why he shouldnt be re-elected.
Who is gonna be ur choice?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by amaba: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2012
GOODLUCK 4 2015. He is the man. despite the impatience 4rm nigerians and the insults he is still giving his best. i have been having constant light 4 d past 3motnhs uninterrupted. Light or no light i will vote 4 him. he deserves a chance like other presidents
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ayobase(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2012
honeric01: LOL, when he gives you light, you will vote for him as if light is not your right in the first place? is it not his party that hasn't given you people light for almost 14yrs now?

Chai,Nigerians don suffer, they are ready to take anything!

Why are pple just clamouring about ''right''!
With rights, others will be achieved.
Allow the man....when last u even fight for ur right sef!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ITbomb(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2012
God bless you , broda
ekt_bear:

But electricity is the gateway to so many things. Job creation, exportation/reduced importation, building a middle class.

Corruption is of course still an issue. But truth be told, it is an issue in many reasonably successful countries.

Basically, if you solve electricity, a lot of people can earn a living without being dependent on the government. Which will have a massive multiplier throughout the economy.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 09, 2012
Nigeria as a nation doesnt need the likes of Jonathan as president. In the days of tyrants like IBB, Abacha, Buhari and OBJ who remembered power supply.

I have repeatedly stated that come 2015, except there come up a candidate betther than Jonathan, I will still campaign and vote for the man like I did the last time.

And it is already obvious that the so called opposition have nothing to offer: if the likes of tyranical Buhari are still the "jokers", then the opposition is just a joke.

I'm not suprised though, Nigeria is a joke!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Babaji111(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2012
I think the job of a president is not only to improve electricity...provision of job opportunities, security, good road network, education, agriculture..etc So, I think I cannot vote for him...not only him, any PDP candidate even my own blood brother if he is PDP. They are all the same...nothing to write home about. Let them take lessions from Fashola, Imo state Governor..em..em wetin be em name sef? grin Rochas Okorocha and others but few.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by thirty(m): 9:19am On Aug 09, 2012
Mekenz: I wil vote 4 him anytin any day, atleast daz d only option 4me nw,cus dere iz no any oda capable willin candidate frm S.E n S.S nw,cus am tired of north n dere leadership. :DI wil vote 4 him anytin any day, atleast daz d only option 4me nw,cus dere iz no any oda capable willin candidate frm S.E n S.S nw,cus am tired of north n dere leadership.

I know you will change your option few days from now when the man perform government magic like increase in electricity tariff, and fuel price.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by thirty(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2012
vanunu:

I don't understand you, don't you know that without power all these things you mentioned will not work, do you think at all?

so, electricity will
electrocute boko haram
health: it will save life
transport: it will fuel your vehicle
housing: safe to sleep under the cable

bros, tell your goodluck to perform more or resign.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Well, I didn't grow up here, I grew up in Maryland. But electricity is the gateway to so many things. Job creation, exportation/reduced importation, building a middle class.

Corruption is of course still an issue. But truth be told, it is an issue in many reasonably successful countries. And I'm not particularly convinced that Nigerians are intrinsically more corrupt than other people, or the that corruption is wayyy worse than in some other places.

Basically, if you solve electricity, a lot of people can earn a living without being dependent on the government. Which will have a massive multiplier throughout the economy.

Dude, Maryland, DC, Cali..... Corrruption, Life Term-disguised-as-single-term tenure, Refusal To declare assets..... All the same shiyyyt!!!!

While I enjoy reading your posts most times, sometimes you make me marvel and leave me aghast.

Corruption is an issue in most reasonable countries? And Nigerian corruption is subtle compared to "other places"?! shocked shocked shocked By other Places I will assume you mean countries like France and United Kingdom or the United States and not Equatorial Guinea, Chad or Central African Republic.

Dude, like I said, if the spate at which Billions of Dollars go missing without anyone being punished was to occur in this country, not only would you currently be sitting in the dark or have you neighbor's Generators blaring in your ears and rattling your bones, I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't have raised you here and they would have sought out better climes.

Nigeria is being killed with endemic and chronic corruption starting from the man in Charge. NOTHING WILL WORK IN SUCH AN ENVIRONMENT. Its simple, its called: MULTIPLIER EFFECT.[/b]You can have all the electricity you want, everything still comes to nil when people commit both major and minor crimes and are allowed to go scot free. Y'all can hope all you want, but I bet you, you will all eat your words really soon (except the paid sycophants and the tribal warriors of course).

Anyways, like I've been screaming for months, do not be fooled, GEJ knows what he is doing. He's carrying on where OBJ failed. You will eventually get a semblance of "stable electricity", that has never been in doubt. But when an incompetent, divisive and utterly corrupt man--- fully aware of his own short comings--- decides (3weeks after becoming President) that he'd rather be there for life, --- and people (too blind to see) egg him on just because of Electricity--- I can only shake my head and wonder at the mentality of the followers. Nowhere thrives with the kind of lawlessness and corruption that abounds in Nigeria: [b]NOWHERE!
They said the same thing about the advent of GSM/Telecommunications... "Telephones will improve the economy. Give us phones and we don't care about corruption". Isn't the basket still being tried to be filled up with water? Keep running around in circles hoping to one day reach your destination; no matter how you fast you run, the starting and the finish line will always remain the same.

Well, time will tell. Lets keep watching the show.

SMH
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by bakila: 10:19am On Aug 09, 2012
Olanlere11: GEJ ALL THE WAY. Power has been an enduring wahala, if he settles it, then he is qualified for third term
Third term for GEJ grin
Olanlere11: GEJ ALL THE WAY. Power has been an enduring wahala, if he settles it, then he is qualified for third term
Third term for GEJ
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by bakila: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2012
noblezone: Nigeria as a nation doesnt need the likes of Jonathan as president. In the days of tyrants like IBB, Abacha, Buhari and OBJ who remembered power supply.

I have repeatedly stated that come 2015, except there come up a candidate betther than Jonathan, I will still campaign and vote for the man like I did the last time.

And it is already obvious that the so called opposition have nothing to offer: if the likes of tyranical Buhari are still the "jokers", then the opposition is just a joke.

I'm not suprised though, Nigeria is a joke!

Like you made the Presidential Election a joke of a shoeless kid. You would make that event a joke of selling an unqualified president who was sworn in twice with something funnier than the story of a shoeless child.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by uzomagic(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2012
Babaji111: I think the job of a president is not only to improve electricity...provision of job opportunities, security, good road network, education, agriculture..etc So, I think I cannot vote for him...not only him, any PDP candidate even my own blood brother if he is PDP. They are all the same...nothing to write home about. Let them take lessions from Fashola, Imo state Governor..em..em wetin be em name sef? grin Rochas Okorocha and others but few.
The power problem is central to every other sector of the economy and improving Power supply will boost industrialization and provide millions of jobs thru small and medium scale enterprises. If indeed GEJ succeeds in providing power supply for an average of 18-20 hours a day in over 75-80 % of the Federation, he'd have made history as Nigeria's best ever President. The good part is that itbis very much achieveable. As for your anti- PDP leaning, it would interest you to note that the best Governors in the land are still from the PDP fold. Akpabio and Amaechi are doing exceedingly well and remain a model for others. Power is crucial for development in all facets of life and if it can be realised, then don't blame anyone who decides to vote for GEJ 20 times over.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Pataki: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2012
@ topic,

God forbid! Anything PDP is despicable.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by uzomagic(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude, Maryland, DC, Cali..... Corrruption, Life Term-disguised-as-single-term tenure, Refusal To declare assets..... All the same shiyyyt!!!!

While I enjoy reading your posts most times, sometimes you make me marvel and leave me aghast.

Corruption is an issue in most reasonable countries? And Nigerian corruption is subtle compared to "other places"?! shocked shocked shocked By other Places I will assume you mean countries like France and United Kingdom or the United States and not Equatorial Guinea, Chad or Central African Republic.

Dude, like I said, if the spate at which Billions of Dollars go missing without anyone being punished was to occur in this country, not only would you currently be sitting in the dark or have you neighbor's Generators blaring in your ears and rattling your bones, I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't have raised you here and they would have sought out better climes.

Nigeria is being killed with endemic and chronic corruption starting from the man in Charge. NOTHING WILL WORK IN SUCH AN ENVIRONMENT. Its simple, its called: MULTIPLIER EFFECT.[/b]You can have all the electricity you want, everything still comes to nil when people commit both major and minor crimes and are allowed to go scot free. Y'all can hope all you want, but I bet you, you will all eat your words really soon (except the paid sycophants and the tribal warriors of course).

Anyways, like I've been screaming for months, do not be fooled, GEJ knows what he is doing. He's carrying on where OBJ failed. You will eventually get a semblance of "stable electricity", that has never been in doubt. But when an incompetent, divisive and utterly corrupt man--- fully aware his short comings--- decides (3weeks after becoming President) that he'd rather be there for life, --- and people (too blind to see) egg him on just because of Electricity--- I can only shake my head and wonder at the mentality of the followers. Nowhere thrives with the kind of lawlessness and corruption that abounds in Nigeria: [b]NOWHERE!
They said the same thing about the advent of GSM/Telecommunications... "Telephones will improve the economy. Give us phones and we don't care about corruption". Isn't the basket still being tried to be filled up with water? Keep running around in circles hoping to one day reach your destination; no matter how you fast you run, the starting and the finish line will always remain the same.

SMH
Corruption is a global phenomenon and it will be foolhardy to think of it as being peculiar to Nigeria. Even in the so-called developed world, corruption played a major role in plunging the world into a financial crisis of global proportions. That said, I think that Nigerians have had a rough deal at the hands of successive administrations and it did not begin with GEJ. No leader is perfect but leadership is all about providing solutions to problems and any objective mind will agree that power is crucial and central to development, job creation, better healthcare delivery and educational research. If GEJ is able to bring about transformation in the power sector, a large chunk of the Nation's problems will be solved. Besides, this administration is clearly changing the way government works to reduce and fight corruption and the subsidy issue is a clear case in this regard.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Lalaska(m): 11:13am On Aug 09, 2012
No. Having this guy for another four years will be horrific
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by yusubrahim: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2012
yes
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2012
uzomagic: Corruption is a global phenomenon and it will be foolhardy to think of it as being peculiar to Nigeria. Even in the so-called developed world, corruption played a major role in plunging the world into a financial crisis of global proportions. That said, I think that Nigerians have had a rough deal at the hands of successive administrations and it did not begin with GEJ. No leader is perfect but leadership is all about providing solutions to problems and any objective mind will agree that power is crucial and central to development, job creation, better healthcare delivery and educational research. If GEJ is able to bring about transformation in the power sector, a large chunk of the Nation's problems will be solved. Besides, this administration is clearly changing the way government works to reduce and fight corruption and the subsidy issue is a clear case in this regard.

Please, I'd hate to lambast you. So, if you have nothing to say or teach me, abeg pretend you didn't see my post. Where did I say corruption is peculiar to Nigeria? Did I say Nigerians haven't had it rough in the hands of past Governments? Did I say any leader is perfect? If you won't counter the points I made with something that'll make me think; miss me!

Im saying "Howl" he's telling me "Owl".

Oga, abeg leave me be.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by VolvoS60(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

Anyways, like I've been screaming for months, do not be fooled, GEJ knows what he is doing. He's carrying on where OBJ failed. You will eventually get a semblance of "stable electricity", that has never been in doubt. But when an incompetent, divisive and utterly corrupt man--- fully aware his short comings--- decides (3weeks after becoming President) that he'd rather be there for life, --- and people (too blind to see) egg him on just because of Electricity--- I can only shake my head and wonder at the mentality of the followers. Nowhere thrives with the kind of lawlessness and corruption that abounds in Nigeria: [b]NOWHERE!

SMH

Tell them please. This thread has made me much angrier than i have been for a long time. I don't even know why I bother - Nigerians continue to prove time and again that they do not even know what's right or good for them. The so- called lower animals have a better sense of self-preservation (and I make no apologies for saying that). I expected certain responses on this thread from those who have been paid to do a job here, and they didn't disappoint - no surprises there. The real shame is the set of posts from Nigerians who should know better.

GEJ belongs to the PDP. That party has failed Nigerians (particularly at the federal level) and we all know it. OBJ refused to appoint a minister of petroleum for years. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. OBJ and his fellow PDP goons in the legislature stalled the FOI bill for almost 10 years. He eventually refused to assent to the bill on the grounds of 'national security'. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. The OBJ administration spent billions of dollars on phantom electricity projects and we are still talking about a national grid with less than 4,000 megawatts. Why? The answer is blowing in the wind. The PDP led lower house set up a so-called probe panel to find out why Nigerians do not have electricity. Where is the report of the panel? How did that panel end up?

I guess we should not be surprised at the rudderlessness of the OBJ years. Given how dysfunctional the man's own private life is (remember the sordid allegations by his own son, no less), how could we expect better?

Lets roll on to the UMYA years. UMYA rode into power on the back of a PDP-inspired fraud which Nigerians foolishly agreed to call a free and fair election, despite clear evidence to the contrary. The man admitted the elections were flawed and pledged to do something about it. A panel headed by a former CJN was set up and it delivered its report. This panel made several common sense recommendations including full independence of the electoral commission (I'm not sure if the panel recommended funding the electoral commission with a first line charge from the federation account. More on that later.) UMYA then showed that he was cut from the same cloth as his predecessor and promptly discarded the most important provisions of the Uwais report. The drift and the lethargy that came to define the UMYA administration then moved into first gear and continued to the very end. We are all witnesses to how the UMYA administration ended in a web of lies and deceit - in my lifetime I have seen few things more shameful than when Nigeria's senate president and other public officials travelled (at taxpayers expense) to Saudi Arabia to visit the ailing UMYA only to be told that 'Your president is not here. Go back to where you are coming from'. How much lower can a country sink?

Fast forward to the GEJ administration. Ordinary Nigerians fought to make sure the Nigerian constitution was followed to the letter - these Nigerians braved diverse threats to make sure power was transferred to GEJ after UMYA's death as required by the constitution. Against all advice from those who know the character of the man and his political party, Nigerians voted for GEJ's PDP in the 2011 elections. And how has he repaid them? By running a bloated government with a committee (funded at taxpayers expense) for every single problem? By removing energy subsidies and turning a blind eye to the most egregious abuse of office by oil and gas public sector officials (in collaboration with their private sector friends)?

As I said in a previous post, GEJ fought long and hard to avoid a public asset declaration as UMYA's VP. That was a red flag for those smart enough to see it. In his recent 'presidential' media chat, he told Nigerians he did not give a damn about their views on public asset declaration. (UMYA, despite his many faults, deserves some credit for HIS public asset declaration). My question is this: Why is it that the only time GEJ shows he has fire in his belly is when he is attempting to resist legitimate public scrutiny of his net worth? Goddamnit why?

Time and space will not permit me to go into the many crimes of the PDP-led national assembly. My other question is this: How can one party throw up so many rogues and knaves? How? Nigerians should open their eyes and ears. GEJ cannot rise above the muck that is his party. Our destiny is in our hands. Vote for the PDP and you have signed your death warrant.

The choice is yours.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
2buff:

The money that goes to buy fuel for generator could help businesses and thus help the economy.
A happy business, is a business that wants to hire someone. Power would help create more jobs AND THUS would reduce crime.

Buuuuuuuut . . . the money that goes to buying fuel for generator [b]ALREADY [/b]goes to helping businesses and thus the economy . . . dem no teach you that for school?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Chinom(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
Accepting resolutions drafted by the national assembly

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron

ENERGY is more important than POWER ?!!. And to think that 10 bigger m.oro.ns "liked" this imbecilic comment shows the calibre of forumites here.
Power = constant electricity = energy and that is what Nigeria needs the most right now. Job creation will jump 1000% with regular power supply. If GEJ fixes that, he will surely get my vote.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by oc2fish: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
I will vote for him if electricity is constant.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eprynce(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
Accepting resolutions drafted by the national assembly

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron

All these built upon constant power supply, then I got his back! wink
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
ogugua88:

I didn't say any of that. I said there's a correlation between steady power and education, as well as health care, and other sectors, and that with steady power, those sectors will see improvement. Electricity won't solve every problem, but it will help. Who said electricity is the only problem? Do you really need a list of all of the problems plaguing Nigeria? The list is ongoing. Any and every Nigerian knows that. There are some problems that should be tackled first. Power and security are two of the biggest ones in my opinion. If power is solved, then a lot of opportunities are opened. That's what I said Kobo. This thread is about improving electricity. In my eyes, improvement equals steady power. Steady power is needed in Nigeria. If there's steady power, then, yes, I will support GEJ.

People shouldn't deceive themselves. This is the same way constituents have announced they'll vote against President Obama because he hasn't completely solved the economy problem. What took eight years to destroy will surely take more than three years to fix. Nigeria's problem is a very old one and will not be solved overnight. It's best Nigerians, both citizens and politicians, isolate the key problems and work on them. All I want is for a president to take three of our biggest problems and focus on them. GEJ deserves all the hell he gets because he hasn't focused on our key issues. I don't see cassava bread, MAULAG, and tenure elongation as key issues in Nigeria. If he focuses on key problems and can solve a few or at least lay the groundwork so that the problems will be solved within a couple of years, then he should be commended.

Correction: This thread is on whether you will re-elect a government that has yet to build a power plant solely on grounds of it,by MAGIC,fixes the Power problem by 2015.

Please never ever compare America or the minds of Americans to Nigerians. Every Emeka, Sule and Mohammed knows never to do that. In America, Americans generally consider a whole array of issues before they go to the polls. Nigerians however, on the majority cast their votes for silly things like "he is trying", "he is annointed", "he fit change", "i hate the north", "my back dey pain me", "he represents my ethnic group" . . .etc.

No country on this planet yet has problems that are brand new. Even here in the US, many of the problems date back to before Nigeria dreamt of independence. In Nigeria however, the key problems are not just one. There are still many of them. We are talking HealthCare, Security, Infrastructure, Education, Food & Water, Power, Employment, and the Economy. To suggest that one of those is more important than the others is to submit that one does not really understand the situation.

What good will power be to over 18 million students in our schools if after 4 years, our Education system is allowed to rot to the point that companies have to look even more outside for help they desperately need to maintain the power projects(we push 5 million more people into the unemployment lines) leading to increase in unemployment, increase in poverty etc.? What good will power do if after 4 years, and so many billions of dollars later, terrorism becomes normal life for millions more Nigerians than what we have today? I can go on but I think we need to get a better grip of what our situation is and what decisions we need to make.

Electing a president solely on his ability to fix power, would have probably made sense back in 1984, but we have more intertwined and complex problems that it would be foolhardy to match to the polls thinking a one dimensional attacker is what will help us.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
VolvoS60:

I have seen few things more shameful than when Nigeria's senate president and other public officials travelled (at taxpayers expense) to Saudi Arabia to visit the ailing UMYA only to be told that 'Your president is not here. Go back to where you are coming from'. How much lower can a country sink?

Na only that one you see?! How quickly have they all forgotten when all the Pastors and Reverends went there and told us that Yar'Adua (whom every sensible person knew was already maggot diet) was alive, well, and kicking, playing squash and soccer and that he was about to try out for both the Miami Heat and Manchester United? Till this day, Nigerians have not thought it important to find out who signed their budget at a time we all know the President was,at best, incapacitated, and at worst, dead! In other Nations, some people would have died in prison for such treasonous acts, but not in Nigeria where everything is based on tribe and Religion. The same Northerners who now see GEJ as the spawn of Satan were quiet like Mice back then. Nigeria is a disgrace of a nation and nothing will please my heart more than to see it split up along Regional lines because certain sections of the people are so hypocritical that "truth" to them is only that which is spoken in their native tongue (Yes, Easterners you are included in this too so if you want to commit suicide because I speak the truth, tell me how you want me to knot the rope before I hand it to you) . Disgusting set of people and some of the most evil hearted people you can find anywhere on the planet today.

Today they criticize Tunde Bakare, but when he was fighting for this same imb*ecile GEJ to become President instead of Turai he wasnt a Yoruba bigot that was jealous of a Minority being President. Back then he wasn't an agent of CPC or Buhari's Muslim spy cloaked in a Priest's robe, but today the same Bakare will tell them the truth and if they're not remembering his former Religion, theyre remembering that he's not from their tribe.

Anyways, we dey watch. Just don't flee here as refugees when you guys destroy your own homeland with your own hands because, truthfully, we have our own problems out here. At least, with the regular "Americans are suffering" threads you guys open regularly, you can't claim to be ignorant of what this country is presently going through.

Their collective myopism and ignorance not only nauseates, but also astounds. Anyways, we dey watch. Let the movie continue.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

Power = constant electricity = energy and that is what Nigeria needs the most right now. Job creation will jump 1000% with regular power supply. If GEJ fixes that, he will surely get my vote.

NO! Nothing will change with Electricty. You wanna know why? Bribe seeking- from the cops, to the clerical workers in the Ministries, all the way to the Ministers themselves, their Special assistants and even the Presidency--- AND THE PRESIDENT---- will ensure that everything remains stagnant. More Businessmen similar to Richard Branson will come in, then flee after being dealt serious losses because of the bribes they are routinely forced to pay, then in anger they will get on CNN and Reuters and tell the world how utterly, and hopelessly corrupt your country is. Other investors, hearing the woes some of the world's most astute business-men suffered in your environment will refuse to invest in your country. Tell me, where will these jobs come from without much needed foreign investment?

LOL Gawd.... these people are wonderful.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Chinom(m): 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Correction: This thread is on whether you will re-elect a government that has yet to build a power plant solely on grounds of it,by MAGIC,fixes the Power problem by 2015.

Please never ever compare America or the minds of Americans to Nigerians. Every Emeka, Sule and Mohammed knows never to do that. In America, Americans generally consider a whole array of issues before they go to the polls. Nigerians however, on the majority cast their votes for silly things like "he is trying", "he is annointed", "he fit change", "i hate the north", "my back dey pain me", "he represents my ethnic group" . . .etc.

No country on this planet yet has problems that are brand new. Even here in the US, many of the problems date back to before Nigeria dreamt of independence. In Nigeria however, the key problems are not just one. There are still many of them. We are talking HealthCare, Security, Infrastructure, Education, Food & Water, Power, Employment, and the Economy. To suggest that one of those is more important than the others is to submit that one does not really understand the situation.

What good will power be to over 18 million students in our schools if after 4 years, our Education system is allowed to rot to the point that companies have to look even more outside for help they desperately need to maintain the power projects(we push 5 million more people into the unemployment lines) leading to increase in unemployment, increase in poverty etc.? What good will power do if after 4 years, and so many billions of dollars later, terrorism becomes normal life for millions more Nigerians than what we have today? I can go on but I think we need to get a better grip of what our situation is and what decisions we need to make.

Electing a president solely on his ability to fix power, would have probably made sense back in 1984, but we have more intertwined and complex problems that it would be foolhardy to match to the polls thinking a one dimensional attacker is what will help us.

Listen, my firend, i don't know why you are always chasing shadows in your attempt to ridicule GEJ. All you've said above is nothing but an attempt to sound academic. Nothing but some empty academic grandstanding. IN NIGERIA, WE SHOULD ELECT A PRESIDENT SOLELY ON HIS ABILITY TO FIX POWER PROBLEMS. Why would it make sense in 1984 and not in 2015?. Could you explain that. Is GEJ not trying to do what should have been done since 1974 given the fact the the nation had more disposal income then ?. IBB was the former leader who was in the best position to solve our problem. He totally squandered our money then. The only problem that is exorcised from the power issue is Security. Every other national issue is linked to solving the power problem.Nigeria has to start from the basis. The basis is regular power supply. This should be tackled along side security. Security is a problem that is beyond the controle of many governments all over the world. Need i remind you about 9/11, the recent mass killing is a US movie Theatre and another mass killing just last week at a Sikh temple. What about the London and Spanish train bombings. GEJ should concentrate on solving the power problems. That is at least within our controle. It is realisable. He must be voted for if that is solved.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

Listen, my firend, i don't know why you are always chasing shadows in your attempt to ridicule GEJ. All you've said above is nothing but an attempt to sound academic. Nothing but some empty academic grandstanding. IN NIGERIA, WE SHOULD ELECT A PRESIDENT SOLELY ON HIS ABILITY TO FIX POWER PROBLEMS. Why would it make sense in 1984 and not in 2015?. Could you explain that. Is GEJ not trying to do what should have been done since 1974 given the fact the the nation had more disposal income then ?. IBB was the former leader who was in the best position to solve our problem. He totally squandered our money then. The only problem that is exorcised from the power issue is Security. Every other national issue is linked to solving the power problem.Nigeria has to start from the basis. The basis is regular power supply. This should be tackled along side security. Security is a problem that is beyond the controle of many governments all over the world. Need i remind you about 9/11, the recent mass killing is a US movie Theatre and another mass killing just last week at a Sikh temple. What about the London and Spanish train bombings. GEJ should concentrate on solving the power problems. That is at least within our controle. It is realisable. He must be voted for if that is solved.

1) You made no sense, and answered no question. In fact, your post is incoherrant and all over the place but I will attempt to bring you back to the discussion

2) The Power stations you are enjoying today are also as a result of Obasanjo spending some of the money he squandered on building the power stations that are today going online and supplying you electrcity you are rejoicing about.

3) Starting from the basis does not mean electricity. If Governments were elected to be one dimensional then the world you know today would not be the way you see it .. . infact, I doubt we would have solved the power problem at all.

4) Basis includes things like infrastructure, security, food and water, Educations, Healthcare, Power, employment, economy. Suggesting you can ignore some and focus just on one, is exposing the degree of ignorance you are working with .
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Chinom(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

1) You made no sense, and answered no question. In fact, your post is incoherrant and all over the place but I will attempt to bring you back to the discussion

2) The Power stations you are enjoying today are also as a result of Obasanjo spending some of the money he squandered on building the power stations that are today going online and supplying you electrcity you are rejoicing about.

3) Starting from the basis does not mean electricity. If Governments were elected to be one dimensional then the world you know today would not be the way you see it .. . infact, I doubt we would have solved the power problem at all.

4) Basis includes things like infrastructure, security, food and water, Educations, Healthcare, Power, employment, economy. Suggesting you can ignore some and focus just on one, is exposing the degree of ignorance you are working with .

What you cannot or refuse to comprehend is "incoherent"to you. Go back and read my comment again, maybe you will begin to understand that the question you raised on " Should we elect or vote for a president solely on his ability to slove the power problems in NIGERIA" is answered with a resounding YES by me. If you cannot fathom my writing style, then i don't have to need to reply to your very empty posts. The biggest and easily solvable problem we have in Nigeria now is power supply.
What our former heads of state lacked was the WILL to tackle it. GEJ has shown he has the will and a way has been found. I hope this is comprehensible and coherent to you. Or should i space it out with numbers to make it clear to simpleminded people like you.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

What you cannot or refuse to comprehend is "incoherent"to you. Go back and read my comment again, maybe you will begin to understand that the question you raised on " Should we elect or vote for a president solely on his ability to slove the power problems in NIGERIA" is answered with a resounding YES by me. If you cannot fathom my writing style, then i don't have to need to reply to your very empty posts. The biggest and easily solvable problem we have in Nigeria now is power supply.
Our former heads of states lacked was the WILL to tackle it. GEJ has shown he has the will and a way has been found. I hope this is comprehensible and coherent to you. Or should i space it out with numbers to make it clear to simpleminded people like you.

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

3) Starting from the basis does not mean electricity alone. If Governments were elected to be one dimensional then the world you know today would not be the way you see it .. . infact, I doubt we would have solved the power problem at all.

Let's not forget corruption.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Ama28(f): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
I really won't give him my vote come 2015 even if he improves electricity. His decision making and implementing strategy is zero, his anti corruption strategy zero. He has the zeal to make a change on electricity but if Obj had the same degree of zeal GEJ has on electricity, he would have improved it. I want a leader that can solve more problems and save lives. We have lost more lives in his tenure than that of most leaders of our time. No No No!!!! He has to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Killers Of Dora Akunyili’s Husband Won’t Go Unpunished – Buhari / 2023: Our Message Gives Hope, It's Already Uniting Nigerians - Datti Baba-Ahmed / Nigeria’s First Oil & Gas Training, Research Centre Opens In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.