Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? (15654 Views)

I Will Commit Suicide If GEJ Wins The Election / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ektbear: 2:55am On Aug 09, 2012
Electricity is one of the most important issues facing Nigeria, if not the most.

So if by 2015 there is even 18 hours a day of electricity, I think that should be considered a very significant accomplishment. He'd have my support, anyways.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 09, 2012
ekt_bear: Electricity is one of the most important issues facing Nigeria, if not the most.

So if by 2015 there is even 18 hours a day of electricity, I think that should be considered a very significant accomplishment. He'd have my support, anyways.

And then tackling Corruption takes a back seat just because of 18hrs of electricity?

Dapo na wa o, this your logic is outstanding. If Cali was the way your suggesting would you have loved growing up there?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So by your statements one should easily conclude then that since South Africans, Spaniards, Greeks, Egyptians enjoy far more power than Nigerian do, then by default, jobs will be automagically created, unemployment down, HealthCare, Education will fix itself and transportation too?

So, according to you, the reason our schools suck is not because Government does not invest in them but because there is no electricity?

The reason HealthCare is terrible in Nigeria is not because Nigeria has failed to invest heavily in the sector but because there is no electricity? And even more, the reason our doctors are not as good as they should be is not because they are not well trained in our institutions, and then come out to poorly equipped facilities, but because there is no Electricity?

Fear no gree me continue . .. If person believe say Electricity is the only problem in Nigeria then pray tell, how do you even . . . where do you begin to reason with . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The money that goes to buy fuel for generator could help businesses and thus help the economy.
A happy business, is a business that wants to hire someone. Power would help create more jobs AND THUS would reduce crime.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 4:41am On Aug 09, 2012
collins123: [size=15pt]To show how stupid a lot of pple are 'Electricity alone (which is your basic citizenry right by the way) and you will vote for him in 2015. Next, Improvement in the Transportation Sector and you will vote for him in 2019.

SStupid Morrons. Fight for your right, not just electricity! And if Boko Haram bomb another place na ur sorry arzz go first cry GEJ head for NL.

Me-wise, I have not gained anything directly from the GEJ Slavery Tenure(s)[/size]

U are the big slowpoke!
Can u mention any sector of development that is not affected by power?
What do u think butressed the industrial revolution?

Without power how will the airport scanners work, look how dark the streets are without lighting and tell me if it's not safer when they are brighltly lit with the govt having to spend less and u're here retorting about security.

Or is it health or agriculture etc that are not affected
It's shocking how shallow pple can be without knowing it.
U are even more moronic to have mentioned transportation. What do u think will best power the rail system we so much need in this country if not electricity.

By the way all of them(healthcare, food etc) are ur rights not just power supply, so that is a lame way to reason.
If constant power supply is provided, many other sectors will automatically become more efficient.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: So by your statements one should easily conclude then that since South Africans, Spaniards, Greeks, Egyptians enjoy far more power than Nigerian do, then by default, jobs will be automagically created, unemployment down, HealthCare, Education will fix itself and transportation too?

So, according to you, the reason our schools suck is not because Government does not invest in them but because there is no electricity?

The reason HealthCare is terrible in Nigeria is not because Nigeria has failed to invest heavily in the sector but because there is no electricity? And even more, the reason our doctors are not as good as they should be is not because they are not well trained in our institutions, and then come out to poorly equipped facilities, but because there is no Electricity?

Fear no gree me continue . .. If person believe say Electricity is the only problem in Nigeria then pray tell, how do you even . . . where do you begin to reason with . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I didn't say any of that. I said there's a correlation between steady power and education, as well as health care, and other sectors, and that with steady power, those sectors will see improvement. Electricity won't solve every problem, but it will help. Who said electricity is the only problem? Do you really need a list of all of the problems plaguing Nigeria? The list is ongoing. Any and every Nigerian knows that. There are some problems that should be tackled first. Power and security are two of the biggest ones in my opinion. If power is solved, then a lot of opportunities are opened. That's what I said Kobo. This thread is about improving electricity. In my eyes, improvement equals steady power. Steady power is needed in Nigeria. If there's steady power, then, yes, I will support GEJ.

People shouldn't deceive themselves. This is the same way constituents have announced they'll vote against President Obama because he hasn't completely solved the economy problem. What took eight years to destroy will surely take more than three years to fix. Nigeria's problem is a very old one and will not be solved overnight. It's best Nigerians, both citizens and politicians, isolate the key problems and work on them. All I want is for a president to take three of our biggest problems and focus on them. GEJ deserves all the hell he gets because he hasn't focused on our key issues. I don't see cassava bread, MAULAG, and tenure elongation as key issues in Nigeria. If he focuses on key problems and can solve a few or at least lay the groundwork so that the problems will be solved within a couple of years, then he should be commended.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Carius(m): 4:53am On Aug 09, 2012
Na waoh!una no dey sleep?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 5:09am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So by your statements one should easily conclude then that since South Africans, Spaniards, Greeks, Egyptians enjoy far more power than Nigerian do, then by default, jobs will be automagically created, unemployment down, HealthCare, Education will fix itself and transportation too?

More of lack of knowledge no gree u continue.

The best trained doctors will not use their phones to operate on a patient they literally need working theatre lights and a conducive temperature (ac) to operate efficiently.

Every patient that walks into the hospital requires some form of laboratory or radiology investigation. Will u power the machines by wishful thinking even if u have the latest equipment.
A department like Radiology which is one of the pivots of making a diagnosis CANNOT function without fairly constant power supply.
Crappy electricity is 〓 to very crappy healthcare.

Nigeria is not better than any of the examples u sighted so i wonder why u brought this up.
See what i said in my previous post about transportation.
U even dared mention education!!!!!
I give up on u.

U LACK depth of reasoning!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Beaf: 5:17am On Aug 09, 2012
For the first time in my history as a human, Nigerians are reporting massive improvements in power supply across the board.
there are hiccups no doubt, but we are getting somewhere at last.

That the FG is even able to source gas for both old and new power plants is a miracle. The boneheaded past govts we had sold ALL of Nigeria's gas production to foreign companies up till 2016. How daft can people get? embarassed

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 5:47am On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: Its more like you who can't think.

Health care: Properly trained doctors are not eletronics
Energy: When I say energy I mean petroleum and gas at the correct price an OPEC member should market it to her citizens. Please figure the rest.
Security: Street lights will not prevent or stop carnage currently going on in the country.
Transportation: I was refering to trains.
Job creation: this I agree on but the jobs won't come from the government but the private sector.
Accepting resolutions drafted by the nationals assembly: Pen use ink not electricity.

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron: this side is hopeless, the man has been like this for too long to be changed.

I know some people are not done dreaming but Nigeria is still far off from constant electricity. When an honest government comes into power, we Will know the true situation of things. Not all these propaganda.

I am trying very hard to convince myself that u received basic education.

PLS refer to my previous posts i dont need to repeat myself about healthcare, transport etc
Also note that the OP was creating a scenario of constant electricity. He never claimed the admin would be able to achieve that easily.

And do me a favour, BLINK out of it, i mean ignorance
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by aremuolusegun: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2012
thank God it was just a discussion among friends, infact I want to believe he was dream then..the truth of the matter is with what we have seen for the past 2yrs in office, its impossible..I HAD THAT. DREAM TOO IN LAST YEAR APRIL That Nigeria will be the jewel of the world IF GEJ was the president, but today I know better...to me I taut been the most educated of all the president will rub off on him but he his the worst man ever in my opinion to enter that office....He talks to much and does little...do you think we will all wake up and electricity will jump down from heaven..Nope it takes planning but remember not just for the present population but for the future...I av been a PDP die hard fan for many yrs now but with wat this GEJ has done so far I may never vote for PDP again...the fuel subsidy is enough....with wat they said in January...u will think Nigeria will be like LONDON in a year...but its a lie and calculated attempt to share more money...what Palliatives has been put in place..non...u know in Nigeria we run a DEMOCRAZY and not DEMOCRATIC government..GEJ has nothing to offer...His wife is the worst First lady ever....she is the peace ambassador and first lady of africa advicing oda first ladys when Nigeria is boiling...this presidency has no focus...what has he achieved in the last two yrs..he's already planning for 2015...Azzazi has told us clearly our problem is not Bolo Haram but PDP....during the last election...u could also pick money on the street from pple to vote for PDP...they are still returning those money back to the oil cartels and god fathers so as for light in 2015...its not possible....I believe its a dream....most of our politicians are dreamers...our amiable Gov in Kwara St is one...in one of his bilboard...we saw a picture of him saying I have a dream...and pictures of edifices were placed der...and do u know that till today our Gov is still dreaming...when he will wake up I don't know but many of us believe he will by december 2014 to campaign for 2015
With all I have seen, I still believe in this country and I hope for the best...GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 09, 2012
ogugua88:

Ezioku? Let's go down your list and assume there is stable power in Nigeria:

Uninterrupted power supply would increase the number of quality doctors in Nigeria. I hope you know there is a correlation between electricity and improved education. Our high schools, universities, and post-grad programs could finally be equipped/upgraded with computer labs, top of the line research departments, simulators, and other things, all of which are necessary for churning out knowledgeable and successful health professionals.

Nigerians wouldn't have to worry about gas as much with steady power. Steady power equals the demise of generators. Sure, it's costly, but I think Nigerians need to be weaned off or at least become less dependent on gasoline first. It's costly in the US. Rather than negotiate cheaper prices, the government advocates cleaner and "greener" means of energy, such as hybrid vehicles, carpooling, mass transit, solar energy, etc.

You would be surprised. A lot of criminals commit crimes because total darkness during the night permits them. It won't completely eradicate crime, no, but it could assist in reducing crime and increasing civility.

In your initial post, you said transportation was more important than power. Are trains more important than steady power?

I mentioned mass transit earlier as a means to get around gas. Steady electricity would open the doors for options such as electric buses or trolleys.

Yay.

Ehh.

If a slowpoke can prove Nigerians wrong and bring uninterrupted power supply during his term, there's no telling how else he could prove Nigerians wrong. There are other politicians who aren't labelled as morons, but they aren't bringing any kind of progress either. I am no GEJ fan. However, if he makes steps in the right direction, I will commend him. If he can bring steady electricity, then let's see what else he has to offer. Steady power would make governing Nigeria easier.

This is known.

Na so I dey look my post. Not to shabby for a block head.
There are arguments that are not made for online non verbal forum.

Sorry I called you a block head. These arguments lead nowhere and achieve nothing apart from massaging our egos. I'm a very practical person.

If this argument was of any importance, I still would have thrown most of your points out the window and if you are not a bias person as you claim, you will see things my way.

Please do not bother replying, I'm out.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by chidi500(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2012
i will vote for him because he have a good plan for Nigerians but boko haram want to destroy it.i love mr president.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Biggyd2: 6:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Is it a bait then? @Topic, electricity is not enough. Government can't just provide electricity and go to sleep. If, other things expected of a president is not seen to be done or actively seen to be pursued, then my vote won't count. Of course, it is my opinion.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 6:42am On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: There are arguments that are not made for online non verbal forum.

Sorry I called you a block head. These arguments lead nowhere and achieve nothing apart from massaging our egos. I'm a very practical person.

If this argument was of any importance, I still would have thrown most of your points out the window and if you are not a bias person as you claim, you will see things my way.

Please do not bother replying, I'm out.

I think u should accept it when someone puts up a good and superior arguement. That's a way of learning.

U cant throw ogugua's arguement out of the window because they are rock solid.
So u walk out. I only hope u left with something.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2012
Profdoom: Just had an argument with some of my friends and they said,if the electricity is constant come 2015,they will forgive his other sins and vote for him based on that,would you do the same,let me know your opinions

Am not connected to the National grid. My generator is tam tam. How will that be a criteria to give him my vote?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ektbear: 6:51am On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

And then tackling Corruption takes a back seat just because of 18hrs of electricity?

Dapo na wa o, this your logic is outstanding. If Cali was the way your suggesting would you have loved growing up there?

Well, I didn't grow up here, I grew up in Maryland. But electricity is the gateway to so many things. Job creation, exportation/reduced importation, building a middle class.

Corruption is of course still an issue. But truth be told, it is an issue in many reasonably successful countries. And I'm not particularly convinced that Nigerians are intrinsically more corrupt than other people, or the that corruption is wayyy worse than in some other places.

Basically, if you solve electricity, a lot of people can earn a living without being dependent on the government. Which will have a massive multiplier throughout the economy.

2 Likes

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 09, 2012
engrtee: Yes ooo. When obj was presido, i change generator every year.i must hav 2 generator just in case 1 spoil.

For 6 months naw, i never buy gen. I dey even plan to sel d 2nd one but no buyer.

GEJ 4 PRESIDENT

You no dey buy correct brand. Try SUMEC. 3yrs now, no repairs.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by ektbear: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2012
For the most part, I am not a person obsessed with reforming the Nigerian FG. I figure that there will always be corruption, since it is oil money involved.

I think the most important thing is to empower people to make money themselves. And I think electricity does that.

With 18 hrs/day of electricity, certain things which one would otherwise import into Nigeria or West Africa more generally, one can make locally...

Which is pretty massive and more important than corruption, if you think about it.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Well, I didn't grow up here, I grew up in MARYLAND. But electricity is the gateway to so many things. Job creation, exportation/reduced importation, building a middle class.

Corruption is of course still an issue. But truth be told, it is an issue in many reasonably successful countries. And I'm not particularly convinced that Nigerians are intrinsically more corrupt than other people, or the that corruption is wayyy worse than in some other places.

Basically, if you solve electricity, a lot of people can earn a living without being dependent on the government. Which will have a massive multiplier throughout the economy.

Do you mean MARYLAND in Enugu
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:58am On Aug 09, 2012
YES!!! I didn't vote for GEJ last election but I'm happy he won although I tink he can do more (4get abt dialoging with BH).
Come 2015, I and my family will vote for him(by fire or by force) if electricity can be stable in Nigeria.
As someone said electricity situation has greatly improved, its amazing..... I ave to put my water(from the fridge) into a bucket of warm water b4 drinking.
Electricity generation/supply is Nigeria's biggest problem, forget corruption and BH, let's solve one thing at a time.
BTW, If election was tomorrow, I'll vote for GEJ if the same ppl dat contested d last time are his opponent
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by VolvoS60(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2012
This thread is depressing. sad It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Nigeria is not a nation of doers but rather, a nation of talkers.

Despite the mountain of hard evidence (of colossal incompetence and corruption) before us all, some of us (who should know better! angry), are actually contemplating 4 more years of the PDP. Where is your sense of outrage? Where are your standards? Do we just come to these boards to post essays about state and government failure and it ends there? Are we posting on these boards just for the sake of doing so? angry

I was in secondary school in the 1980s when civics was withdrawn from the school curriculum. One part of me believes that this decision by the authorities was a deliberately cynical one with pre-determined objectives. Instead of breeding a generation of citizens with a basic understanding of their rights, duties and responsibilities to one another and to the state, the 'powers that were' promoted religious knowledge as a school subject with the disastrous consequences we can see all around us.

The curse of the bigotry of low expectations is hard at work in the minds of so many of us on these boards. Some of us actually have higher expectations of, and demand much more from our infant children than we do of our governments run by adults. What exactly is wrong with us? angry

We need to build our institutions and hold our leaders accountable to a standard far, far higher than that currently in place. Why is this so hard for us to understand? angry
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 7:14am On Aug 09, 2012
CrazyMan: Judging from the present state of the country, I don't think what Nigeria needs at the moment is electricity.

Any sensible leader would know that unless he improves the security of lives and properties of his fellow country men, it would be impossible for them to stand behind him come any elections. Most especially when its obvious that their lives and properties aren't secured.

I would suggest that Jonathan should tackle the problem of security first. Its so sad that you can hardly approach a newspaper stand and wouldn't find one killing story or the other.

If it isn't boko haram its militants. If it isn't militants, its armed robbers. If it isn't armed robbers, its cultist. If it isn't cultist, its ritualist. Just killing killing killing. And no one is doing anything to stop it.

Jonathan should know that Nigerians must be assured of their safety before he (GEJ) should think of other projects and re-election.

I came across a thread where the governor of kogi state, because of the high rate of insecurity in his state had to wear a bullet proof vest before coming out in public.

If a governor can be so cautious about his own safety when coming out publicly, what about the common man?

Is the governor trying to tell us that we should all wear bullet proof jackets in public gatherings?

Too be honest, I'm ready to stay in darkness if that's the price to be paid in order to ensure my safety, I don't know about you.

Killing killing killing?
Do you know how many Nigerian families that have been killed by generator fumes?

Do you know how many that have died trying to refuel their generators?

Can u statistically tell me that kerosene explosion has not claimed more lives than ritual killings for instance.

By the way many of the so called armed robbers, kidnappers etc that make our lives insecure are direct products of lack of power supply who have been put out of their small scale businesses.

Do u know how many companies have folded because of power putting youths out of job and into a live of crime making ur life insecure?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by size38: 7:19am On Aug 09, 2012
Ya, i will vote for GEJ come 2015.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2012
I read some ppls comment and they are like 'electricity is ur right', 'electricity is not the only problem', 'health care, employment etc ëare more important than electricity'.... I'll lyk to believe these ppl aren't living in Nigeria.
Other leaders including Obasanjo u voted for twice, what did he do for you? did they solve any of the problem u mentioned? I think why government aren't successful is because they try to solve so many things at the same time, I believe they shld prioritize things. If GEJ can solve this electricity problem(even if its the only thing he does), I would be so happy because it means the next govt(him or someone) else would tackle something else and little by little are country would be the envy of the world.
N.B. Fashola and co we all praise, aren't they doing wat they are supposed to do? But we praise them because they did or are doing wat no successive governor has done, so the next gov. In Lagos would ave to do more than him to receive praise from us.... Lagosians are the winner at the end.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by seglan(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2012
Yes of course, i will give him my vote, or do you want me to vote for all these power mongrel and blood sucking leaders?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Myself2(m): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2012
[size=14pt]Os Courfe nu[/size]
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by whoawa(m): 8:02am On Aug 09, 2012
Profdoom:

So far,he has done good in your eyes?
he has done more than good. Although u are 2naive to comprehend it now.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Sodiq33(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2012
Kai,so,we nigerians re still blind?i dnt wana hear dat name call GEJ...d guy is jst provoking...i wnt even register 4 voting,talkles of voting 4 sum1..
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by whoawa(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2012
i started working at phcn since 2004, the corruption and mismanagement there r bigger than moutain everest. And to fix it is d hardest nut a president can crack in dis nation, oil industry cartel are minor to compare to phcn.i wish u will understand that.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by addey(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2012
Acidosis: yes I will and even if he doesn't

Hope dis is not our SON Syndrome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons / Tinubu, Sheikh Tamim Thani Sign Multi-sectoral Agreements / Buhari Rejects Results In 22 States And Fct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.