Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? (15653 Views)

I Will Commit Suicide If GEJ Wins The Election / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Akpan107(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
Profdoom: Just had an argument with some of my friends and they said,if the electricity is constant come 2015,they will forgive his other sins and vote for him based on that,would you do the same,let me know your opinions
Yes! I i will vote for him, weather there is NEPA or not. Goodluck must be there come 2015 by God's grace.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
ITbomb:
Did a Nigerian just wrote that?
:DHe must be a M0RON
did u just say wrote? grin
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
ogugua88: I would. I would even sell cassava bread in his honor. Electricity and security are the biggest issues, so if he can tackle one of those, then whomever running against him will surely have a free and fair uphill battle.

Stop blinking and shine your eye. By now, you should know that once there is stable electricity in Nigeria, a lot of things will start to fall into place. If you don't believe me, then go ask Indians how their health care and transportation sectors are coping without electricity.
Appearance can really be deceitful. Never knew you are such a block head.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by fxtopedia(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
Let him improve EVERYTHING, I will still VOTE against him. grin grin grin
And advertise for his opponent.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by PastorOla1: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
I keep my answer to heart.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by VolvoS60(m): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
I will not vote GEJ if he improves electricity. I personally do not think there will be a significant, sustained improvement in power supply before 2015 (that is if this country is still on the map by then anyway) but even if there is, i still would not vote GEJ. My standards are far, far higher than that.

Some may be offended by my words but the truth must be told. As I have said before, the GEJ administration is a thoroughly compromised one, clearly beholden to all kinds of sinister, dark, shadowy interest groups - groups whose interests and mine are mutually exclusive.

Some of us have long memories. I vividly remember the battle to get GEJ to publicly declare his assets as UMYA's VP. I remember the very strong reservations I had then about a public official who could so vehemently resist an open, public scrutiny of his assets. My worst suspicions have now been confirmed with the events of the past year.

I voted against GEJ's PDP predecessors - the crooked, venal, deceitful OBJ administration and the equally dishonest UMYA regime foisted upon us. And I will also vote against the GEJ administration. Again.

I owe it to myself and my conscience to demand high standards from those who claim they wish to serve me. If other Nigerians do not understand the power and sacredness of their votes, that is their problem.

I don't have guns and I know nothing about coup plotting.

My vote is all I've got. And I will use it wisely to make choices I can defend.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
vanunu:

I don't understand you, don't you know that without power all these things you mentioned will not work, do you think at all?
Its more like you who can't think.

Health care: Properly trained doctors are not eletronics
Energy: When I say energy I mean petroleum and gas at the correct price an OPEC member should market it to her citizens. Please figure the rest.
Security: Street lights will not prevent or stop carnage currently going on in the country.
Transportation: I was refering to trains.
Job creation: this I agree on but the jobs won't come from the government but the private sector.
Accepting resolutions drafted by the nationals assembly: Pen use ink not electricity.

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron: this side is hopeless, the man has been like this for too long to be changed.

I know some people are not done dreaming but Nigeria is still far off from constant electricity. When an honest government comes into power, we Will know the true situation of things. Not all these propaganda.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by kart042000(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
Power generation is key to developmental growth, during Obj's tenure in kwara we had light for about a year plus almost 24/7. About same time in omole lagos, the power was consistent. During raining season the power usually improves because of the rise in water level. In my own opinion, kudos to him if he improves power 24/7, it is a starting point but not enough to convince me, come 2015, we should go beyond ethnicity or tribal favoritism, we should vote for someone credible, that has the courage to come out for a debate and face nigerians, tell us his goals and ambitions and he/she should be the best of the rest regardless of his party or town or village he hails from as long as he his nigerian by citizen. Who said a credible candidate cannot improve on where he stopped undecided , only greedy, corrupt individuals dump good projects for selfish reasons. The value and respect for an average nigerian is almost lost around the world, because charity begins at home, they see the way our govt threats its citizen, so bad that kenyans, ghana, cemeroon, even cotonou you need to see the way there police threat nigerian students there, they make mockery of us. We as citizens need to look beyond what we would eat now and starve in future....
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Mekanze: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Skii: The man is not inspiring as a leader jere, I dont think he has the charisma jo...ahn ahn, since all this while, the same look...He no dey see Fashola ni? Or Obama?
ode wat is Fashola doing in this his scond term nothing but passing laws dat is anti masses, if u want 2 know d governors dat is working wit their second term jos mension Akwa Ibom state governor, Eungu state governor, and River state governor. If u don't know.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by lumeneng22: 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
The yes already have it. In fact i will now be putting on the niger delta cap to compliment Gej. Long live Goodluck ebele jonatham, long live nigeria, 2015 here we come.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by inspbado(m): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
Shebi na pesin Wey see d phantom light go Ðĕÿ contemplate to vote GEJ. Where I stay;ikorodu,Lagos to be precise,we no Ðĕÿ enjoy the phoney increase in light o! Infact the power situation in my side as gotten worse!!!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by MayorOgwo(m): 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
building a lasting foundation takes time, we should all remember that Nigeria's problem cant be solved in 4 years and so we need to support GEJ's govt. For me, I pray for him every morning & I strongly believe he will deliver. I will vote for Him
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by mmmustapha(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
Power sector hav improve, but can he reduce d bill n handle BH menace?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Prowise(m): 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
Yes, yes l will!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by nagoma(m): 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
I can never trust GEJ . I can't even wait for him to leave. I pray that he is the last clueless president to rule Nigeria. The alternative is that he is the last president of Nigeria as it is.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
inspbado: Shebi na pesin Wey see d phantom light go Ðĕÿ contemplate to vote GEJ. Where I stay;ikorodu,Lagos to be precise,we no Ðĕÿ enjoy the phoney increase in light o! Infact the power situation in my side as gotten worse!!!

Can I ask what part of Ikorodu you dey?

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by sheringan(f): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
When boko boyclear us finish, I wonder who go use the electricity. Fowl them, make unah vote nah, if unah never all done die by then.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by highyo: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
I will rather vote for him again than voting for Boko Haram Candidate
Guys Shine your eyes shocked shocked shocked the guy they try
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by clip: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
Yes, if all the state of the fedraation enjoy 24/7 electricity and major road in good condition
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by timilehin007(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
Abi i don vote for him sef ...mtechewwww..!!! God forbid, i wasted my vote for voting for him last time..
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 09, 2012
VolvoS60:
I will not vote GEJ if he improves electricity. I personally do not think there will be a significant, sustained improvement in power supply before 2015 (that is if this country is still on the map by then anyway) but even if there is, i still would not vote GEJ. My standards are far, far higher than that.

Some may be offended by my words but the truth must be told. As I have said before, the GEJ administration is a thoroughly compromised one, clearly beholden to all kinds of sinister, dark, shadowy interest groups - groups whose interests and mine are mutually exclusive.

Some of us have long memories. I vividly remember the battle to get GEJ to publicly declare his assets as UMYA's VP. I remember the very strong reservations I had then about a public official who could so vehemently resist an open, public scrutiny of his assets. My worst suspicions have now been confirmed with the events of the past year.

I voted against GEJ's PDP predecessors - the crooked, venal, deceitful OBJ administration and the equally dishonest UMYA regime foisted upon us. And I will also vote against the GEJ administration. I owe it to myself and my conscience to demand high standards from those who claim they wish to serve me. If other Nigerians do not understand the power and sacredness of their votes, that is their problem.

I don't have guns and I know nothing about coup plotting.

My vote is all I've got. And I will use it wisely to make choices I can defend.

God bless you!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Johndoe100(m): 12:22am On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

God bless you!

Why are these internet Nigerians clogging up an other wise decent thread with their poison? Why don't you bugger off and flip a burger at micky dee's
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Godogwu: 12:23am On Aug 09, 2012
If Jonathan can fix the power sector a lot of things will fall into place,; transportation, security, job creation and several others. If GEJ fixes power, that alone would raise the GDP of Nigeria in the nearest years to come and Nigeria can only move forward from there. I will vote GEJ come 2015, so far there is improvement in the country and there is no better candidate as at then.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by sarutobie(m): 12:26am On Aug 09, 2012
sub_zero: What sins are u even talking about? Come to Port Harcout, we have minimum of 19-21hrs power supply daily. Believe me, without sentiment, i'l score GEJ pass mark in the area of power. Though, i dont know in ur area. But in PH City, power is a done deal. So on this basis, i'l even vote for Bros "J" com 2019.
Staying in ph city(obiri ikwere community at eastwest road before gitto bridge)..you say 19hrs? Anyday we get 19hrs light is considered a 'bad day'..some times we go for upto 2 days without a single outage no be lie..

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Mutee: 12:33am On Aug 09, 2012
Profdoom: Just had an argument with some of my friends and they said,if the electricity is constant come 2015,they will forgive his other sins and vote for him based on that,would you do the same,let me know your opinions

NEVER!!!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by tadysmart(m): 12:44am On Aug 09, 2012

Yes I will vote for him with my ten fingers and ten toes making it 20 votes from me alone.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by KokoBeware: 12:55am On Aug 09, 2012
think you should add a POLL to this thread...
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 09, 2012
Johndoe100:

Why are these internet Nigerians clogging up an other wise decent thread with their poison? Why don't you bugger off and flip a burger at micky dee's

Hehehe Looks like someone just learnt a new way to flip people off using good, old Yankee slang.

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: Appearance can really be deceitful. Never knew you are such a block head.

Ezioku? Let's go down your list and assume there is stable power in Nigeria:

Health care: Properly trained doctors are not eletronics

Uninterrupted power supply would increase the number of quality doctors in Nigeria. I hope you know there is a correlation between electricity and improved education. Our high schools, universities, and post-grad programs could finally be equipped/upgraded with computer labs, top of the line research departments, simulators, and other things, all of which are necessary for churning out knowledgeable and successful health professionals.

Energy: When I say energy I mean petroleum and gas at the correct price an OPEC member should market it to her citizens. Please figure the rest.

Nigerians wouldn't have to worry about gas as much with steady power. Steady power equals the demise of generators. Sure, it's costly, but I think Nigerians need to be weaned off or at least become less dependent on gasoline first. It's costly in the US. Rather than negotiate cheaper prices, the government advocates cleaner and "greener" means of energy, such as hybrid vehicles, carpooling, mass transit, solar energy, etc.

Security: Street lights will not prevent or stop carnage currently going on in the country.

You would be surprised. A lot of criminals commit crimes because total darkness during the night permits them. It won't completely eradicate crime, no, but it could assist in reducing crime and increasing civility.

Transportation: I was refering to trains.

In your initial post, you said transportation was more important than power. Are trains more important than steady power?

I mentioned mass transit earlier as a means to get around gas. Steady electricity would open the doors for options such as electric buses or trolleys.

Job creation: this I agree on but the jobs won't come from the government but the private sector.

Yay.

Accepting resolutions drafted by the nationals assembly: Pen use ink not electricity.

Ehh.

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron: this side is hopeless, the man has been like this for too long to be changed.

If a slowpoke can prove Nigerians wrong and bring uninterrupted power supply during his term, there's no telling how else he could prove Nigerians wrong. There are other politicians who aren't labelled as morons, but they aren't bringing any kind of progress either. I am no GEJ fan. However, if he makes steps in the right direction, I will commend him. If he can bring steady electricity, then let's see what else he has to offer. Steady power would make governing Nigeria easier.

I know some people are not done dreaming but Nigeria is still far off from constant electricity. When an honest government comes into power, we Will know the true situation of things. Not all these propaganda.

This is known.

Na so I dey look my post. Not to shabby for a block head.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Aug 09, 2012
ogugua88:

Ezioku? Let's go down your list and assume there is stable power in Nigeria:

Uninterrupted power supply would increase the number of quality doctors in Nigeria. I hope you know there is a correlation between electricity and improved education. Our high schools, universities, and post-grad programs could finally be equipped/upgraded with computer labs, top of the line research departments, simulators, and other things, all of which are necessary for churning out knowledgeable and successful health professionals.

Nigerians wouldn't have to worry about gas as much with steady power. Steady power equals the demise of generators. Sure, it's costly, but I think Nigerians need to be weaned off or at least become less dependent on gasoline first. It's costly in the US. Rather than negotiate cheaper prices, the government advocates cleaner and "greener" means of energy, such as hybrid vehicles, carpooling, mass transit, solar energy, etc.

You would be surprised. A lot of criminals commit crimes because total darkness during the night permits them. It won't completely eradicate crime, no, but it could assist in reducing crime and increasing civility.

In your initial post, you said transportation was more important than power. Are trains more important than steady power?

I mentioned mass transit earlier as a means to get around gas. Steady electricity would open the doors for options such as electric buses or trolleys.

Yay.

Ehh.

If a slowpoke can prove Nigerians wrong and bring uninterrupted power supply during his term, there's no telling how else he could prove Nigerians wrong. There are other politicians who aren't labelled as morons, but they aren't bringing any kind of progress either. I am no GEJ fan. However, if he makes steps in the right direction, I will commend him. If he can bring steady electricity, then let's see what else he has to offer. Steady power would make governing Nigeria easier.

This is known.

Na so I dey look my post. Not to shabby for a block head.

So by your statements one should easily conclude then that since South Africans, Spaniards, Greeks, Egyptians enjoy far more power than Nigerian do, then by default, jobs will be automagically created, unemployment down, HealthCare, Education will fix itself and transportation too?

So, according to you, the reason our schools suck is not because Government does not invest in them but because there is no electricity?

The reason HealthCare is terrible in Nigeria is not because Nigeria has failed to invest heavily in the sector but because there is no electricity? And even more, the reason our doctors are not as good as they should be is not because they are not well trained in our institutions, and then come out to poorly equipped facilities, but because there is no Electricity?

Fear no gree me continue . .. If person believe say Electricity is the only problem in Nigeria then pray tell, how do you even . . . where do you begin to reason with . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by manmade(m): 2:36am On Aug 09, 2012
We've bin enjoying 22 hrs power supply in my State for the past few months,i believd d missing 2hrs is for a change over, had it bin dat the past presidents of this country had d same zeal like Gej, things wld've bin better than this by now. Hence it's either GOODLUCK or no one else i can't waste my vote abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Oil & Gas Training, Research Centre Opens In Uyo / Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him / Military Mulls Seeking Help From US AFRICOM To Rescue Abducted Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.