Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23216 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by taharqa: 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
feelamong: for the records...this is not the highest ever reached. We have hit 4420 mega watts before in January and what happened after that?

Well, your guess is just as good as mine! meanwhile this is the peak of rainy season and all our hydro turbines usually do well this period..lets wait till the peak of dry season to check..

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-hits-4420mw-ministry/
What happened was that there were some saboteurs in d top echelon of TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) responsible 4 d decrease, who d Minister uncharacteristically identified and sackd (the 3 of them). Following which the situatn is again stabilising. This kind of swift response is one of d reasons why sm ppl re saying smthing is diff now...by d way, d TCN is now been managed by Manitoba International, a well-known international power utility company
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by brownlord: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
Good news, lol, I just pitty this nation, when did it increase? Hw come no one noticed, cos I tink if there is an increase in power, it ought to reflect in the usage, hw come we only getting to knw this improvement on paper and does not reflect in usage, mind you I still buy the same quantity of fuel daily, there are people that hv nt seen light for over 2 months now, mad people in govt. They never stop to amaze me
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by andyanders: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
which light are they talking about. There is no single power, They give you little and you celebrate. It is your right. Light should be a continues thing day and night. These pen rogues are stealing billions everyday and and when they give you one or two days of light, you start praising them.

Shameless people
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Agimor(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
Of the truth power has increase drastically in my area,don't know of others sha.thumbs up Gej.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by abbey37(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
4237MW on paper
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
GEJ.
The right man. Quiet, civilised, gentle, effective.
A man from common roots, who understands the plight of the common man. The man to fix Nigeria.

Fresh Air! cool

[img]http://1.bp..com/-J3CPhC1UkD4/TzZhqgL-CBI/AAAAAAAAKt8/TXyUwyWCAmk/s1600/Goodluck-Jonathan.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
Barth Nnaji.
One of four lynchpin Ministers (the others being Iweala, Deziani and Akin Adesina).

A man of his words, calm and highly focused.

Fresh Air! cool

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
feelamong: for the records...this is not the highest ever reached. We have hit 4420 mega watts before in January and what happened after that?

Well, your guess is just as good as mine! meanwhile this is the peak of rainy season and all our hydro turbines usually do well this period..lets wait till the peak of dry season to check..

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-hits-4420mw-ministry/

Didn't really want to post until I read this. You shouldn't misinform just because you want to try and discredit something. Kainji and Shiroro have fixed capacity. Their capacity does not increase just because it is rainy season. The maximum capacity of kainji is based on the 8 turbines running there. Kainji has an installed capacity of 760MW while shiroro has a maximum capacity of 600MW. That is a total of 1360MW. Doesn't matter if water covers the whole Nigeria, that figure will not change. The increase in generation is because gas is gradually coming onstream and helping to power the numerous power plants across the country. The article did state that clearly. Don't exibit witchcraft traits.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by olulove(m): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
NO WONDER!!!!!!!! LIGHT COME STEADY FOR MY AREA SINCE MONDAY,,,OPEEE OOOOO grin grin grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by donsax: 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

Is Kwara still a State?!! undecided

Guy pack out from there o!! The Federal Government only give priority electricity to Producing States and not consumer states..

okija juju or wat d ass ur 4king retard name is. Atleast kwara aint a state where 4king people ar kidnap. Come and see your ass hole kinsmen in the state like beggars selling shitty goods to survive. If your goddam state ANAMBRA so good why aint they pack their dirty load and leave. Go to hell and kiss lucifa feet.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by bigdoo: 6:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
Please does anybody know how many MW of electricity Nigeria needs to be self-sufficient in electricity supply i.e. to guarantee uninterrupted power supply 24/7 taking into consideration our population and size?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
taharqa: What happened was that there were some saboteurs in d top echelon of TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) responsible 4 d decrease, who d Minister uncharacteristically identified and sackd (the 3 of them). Following which the situatn is again stabilising. This kind of swift response is one of d reasons why sm ppl re saying smthing is diff now...by d way, d TCN is now been managed by Manitoba International, a well-known international power utility company

Stop Lying!!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
bigdoo: Please does anybody know how many MW of electricity Nigeria needs to be self-sufficient in electricity supply i.e. to guarantee uninterrupted power supply 24/7 taking into consideration our population and size?

About 7000MW at very opptimistic estimates and 13000MW at conservative estimates. However, the country will continue to industrialise exponentially as more power comes on stream and we will need to continuously pump out more MW's to stay above the curve.

It is expected that we will top 6000MW by the end of this year and hit 13000MW at the end of next as the new power stations begin kicking in. Increase in power must also go hand in hand with upgrades to the power distribution system (a super grid is being gradually built); just last year, the grid was in such bad state that it was crippled nation wide when power generation hit 3800MW, but today it is estimated that it can easily carry 5000 - 6000MW (and improving as work goes on) withouth coughing.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by fittty(m): 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
So where's d light ? As for me there's been no f*ckn improvement in my neighbourhood
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by taharqa: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Stop Lying!!
Jesus Christ..i am browsing 4rm my fone now so i cant paste d link but plz type 'sack of TCN officials by nigerian power minister Nnaji', nd tell me d reason 4 d sack and weda d MW has nt bn increasing since them. Smone shld plz help to paste d link; Kobo needs to be shut up-ed
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Stop Lying!!

Which part of what he said is a lie? Everyone living in Nigeria knows sabotage in PHCN was a big chunk of why powwer was poor. Even when the power reaches the states, the PHCN guys collect monies and manage it poorly. Its been going on for donkey years. I guess you wouldn't know that since you are holed up somewhere in diaspora, but you will still post like you have any clue of Nigeria. Very funny
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by earthgreeners(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nigerians are the most foolish people on earth...why rejoice over nothing?
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by karlmax2: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Stop Lying!!
kobokobo go through this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/911073/why-sacked-phcn-chiefs-nnaji
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by earthgreeners(m): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
To me : Diezani, Ngozi, Berth shlda resigned or sacked by now...................they are just not performing......SIMPLE
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Again . . .
taharqa: What happened was that there were some saboteurs in d top echelon of TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) responsible 4 d decrease, who d Minister uncharacteristically identified and sackd (the 3 of them). Following which the situatn is again stabilising. This kind of swift response is one of d reasons why sm ppl re saying smthing is diff now...by d way, d TCN is now been managed by Manitoba International, a well-known international power utility company

Stop Lying!!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by proudlyafrican(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
Power Generation Hit 4237MW on the pages of newspapers.....Have not had light for 5 days in my hood,so how does the increase benefit me? People deceiving party.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by MrEverest(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
kingoflag: Yeah, like I've always said, he will give you electricity, then he will bless you with life Presidency too.

Electricity is your right. Use the light to fire up your computers and read your constitution and fight against corruption. Thats what you need to be doing instead of thanking Government for doing their job as if they are doing you favors.

what are you yappin about, let GEJ fix power and i will roll out drums and champion his re-election ambition! Those mediocres that ruled before him and yet failed to revamp the power sector, what did you do to hold them accountable for their misrule? Park well jor, your right my foot.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Leboska(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
4 those who are not happy that we are making progress as a country under the rulership of GEJ pls go & hug d nearest transfomer. Thats a gud way 2 start.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by MrEverest(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
proudlyafrican: Power Generation Hit 4237MW on the pages of newspapers.....Have not had light for 5 days in my hood,so how does the increase benefit me? People deceiving party.
its probably because you live in ajegunle, pls relocate to a decent neighborhood and enjoy electricity as i'm currently doing.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Ninapha(f): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf: God Bless GEJ!
God Bless Barth Nnaji!
Fresh Air! cool
cheesy see as all of una d lyk beaf now? Na wah. Una too lyk better thing sha. GEJ.... 9ja na we own.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Leboska(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
proudlyafrican: Power Generation Hit 4237MW on the pages of newspapers.....Have not had light for 5 days in my hood,so how does the increase benefit me? People deceiving party.
are u sure you live in naija? Check well.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by karlmax2: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
Mr Everest: what are you yappin about, let GEJ fix power and i will roll out drums and champion his re-election ambition! Those mediocres that ruled before him and yet failed to revamp the power sector, what did you do to hold them accountable for their misrule? Park well jor, your right my foot.
don't mind the mugu when we didnt use to have light then it wasnt. Our right,now that were begining to Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ improvement,electricity has suddenly become our right.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by edicolove: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: Again . . .

Stop Lying!!

Lol. You beginning to sound like a kid with this your repetition of posts. Are you a primary school teacher? Lol. #childish
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by MrEverest(m): 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
edicolove:

Which part of what he said is a lie? Everyone living in Nigeria knows sabotage in PHCN was a big chunk of why powwer was poor. Even when the power reaches the states, the PHCN guys collect monies and manage it poorly. Its been going on for donkey years. I guess you wouldn't know that since you are holed up somewhere in diaspora, but you will still post like you have any clue of Nigeria. Very funny
Ignoramous on the prowl.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Ninapha(f): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
earthgreeners: Nigerians are the most foolish people on earth...why rejoice over nothing?
except me cos i know what am doing. D light is gud to go and u are blind not to see it.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by izenco2005(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Yea let der be light and der was light, I can feel it, lit here in festac 247,up GEJ down haters
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by tadysmart(m): 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
GreenJ: Only hear of it on news!

My friend! Are you living in mars or Nigeria? I live in Bauchi there is considerable improvement,I return to my village in Enugu light is every where.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"It Took Us 10 Days To Count N1.2bn Money Dasuki Gave Fayose" - Witness / Kwankwaso: “They Said We Can’t Use Eagle Square, ICC” / Lagos To Conclude 4th Mainland Bridge Financial Foreclosure Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.