Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

- Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (46047 Views)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Parents: How Do You Identify A Child's Talent? / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Sagamite(m): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
ronkebp:

Not in that sense, looking at it from Sisi-kills' point of view..."whether you spank in one country and do not spank your kids in another country, there will still be bad and good children in both countries".

And my point is, the odds are there will be more proportion of bad kids in one.

No systems gives you 100% benefits 100% of the time but one gives better odds despite inferior resources.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
eldee:

Chicken and egg story. Which came first? The act of beating your kids to pulp or the corruption in the mindset of the average Nigerian?

This question is irrelevant. It's not what about what I would prefer, it's about what is better for the child in the long run.
But as I said, we should be looking for ways to improve the situation and not reducing the level of violence we use against kids while at it.

Answer my question my friend!

What do you mean the question is irrelevant?

If you are critiquing. or rather ridiculing, only ONE thing out of two options on the table, you don't know you have to justify the alternative?
Re: by ronkebp(f): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite:

You are patronising, she was wrong!

Nope, that is the way you see it. Ssi-Kill made a valid point and it drove some points home {and that is for me personally).

Kobojunkie:

May I suggest you think of the part in bold before you come in, again, making ABSOLUT-ish statements on what you are not even clear on. I mean we have been telling you the very same that @Sisi-kill just came in with for how many pages now, but instead you continued with this "Nigerian way is better" argument.

Kobojunkie...accept the fact that you have absolutely said nothing in all the pages, apart from trying to also prove that "Nigeria has no Value and the method of training their kids, is primitive".

If what she said was what you were trying to say...why didn't you say it all along

Hold your b/o/obs high in the sky and admit that you do not know it all. No one does.
Re: by ronkebp(f): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite:

And my point is, the odds are there will be more proportion of bad kids in one.

No systems gives you 100% benefits 100% of the time but one gives better odds despite inferior resources.

true!!!
Re: by SisiKill1: 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
Guys. . .can I ask a question? embarassed

Shouldn't it about teaching our kids how to find a balance i.e knowing when to study and knowing when to whip out the games?

I don't want to quote cliches oh but the old sayings all work and no play and all play and no work. . .has some truth to it.

I think it would be unfair on a child to bring him up completely disconnected from the real world around him and this is the sense I get when I see the NO PHONE, NO INTERNET, NO GAMES, NO THIS and NO THAT rules. If we teach them right, we won't have to worry about these things controlling them because they will be in control.

We can't always be there to watch them 24/7, so the least we can do get them ready for when mom or dad won't have their eyes on you. . .you don't want them going gaga and overdoing it at the first smell of "freedom".

Just my opinion oh!!
Re: by Sagamite(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Guys. . .can I ask a question? embarassed

Shouldn't it about teaching our kids how to find a balance i.e knowing when to study and knowing when to put the games away?

I don't want to quote cliches oh but the old sayings all work and no play and all play and no work. . .has some truth to it.

I think it would be unfair on a child to bring him up completely disconnected from the real world around him and this is the sense I get when I see the NO PHONE, NO INTERNET, NO GAMES, NO THIS and NO THAT rules. If we teach them right, we won't have to worry about these things controlling them because they will know how to control them. We can't always be there to watch them 24/7, so the least we can do get them ready for when mom or dad won't have their eyes on you. . .you don't want them going gaga and overdoing it at the first smell of "freedom".

Just my opinion oh!!

Obviously.

I don't think anyone from any of the camps said anything different.
Re: by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
Alrighty then!

So why we still fighting?? cheesy cheesy

Now, whose child's ikomo should we be looking forward to?

The dress I bought for the debate party is still hanging in the closet? cool
Re: by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
ronkebp:

Nope, that is the way you see it. Ssi-Kill made a valid point and it drove some points home {and that is for me personally).

Kobojunkie...accept the fact that you have absolutely said nothing in all the pages, apart from trying to also prove that "Nigeria has no Value and the method of training their kids, is primitive".

If what she said was what you were trying to say...why didn't you say it all along

Hold your b/o/obs high in the sky and admit that you do not know it all. No one does

Again, @Sisi_kill said NOTHINg different from what many have been trying to get you to see, including my person, for more than 6 pages now.

um . . . I think you should be telling yourself all you pretend to be telling me here. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: by Sagamite(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
In Nigeria, some 20 something year old area boy might break your head, in the UK it is 13 year olds.

And people are still debating which produces more respectful kids.
Re: by SisiKill1: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Guess no one is ready to party yet. sad

*Takes party hat off and go sits in a corner with a good book*
Re: by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Guys. . .can I ask a question? embarassed

[size=13pt]Shouldn't it about teaching our kids how to find a balance [/size]i.e knowing when to study and knowing when to whip out the games?

I think it would be unfair on a child to bring him up completely disconnected from the real world around him and this is the sense I get when I see the NO PHONE, NO INTERNET, NO GAMES, NO THIS and NO THAT rules. If we teach them right, we won't have to worry about these things controlling them because they will be in control.

We can't always be there to watch them 24/7, so the least we can do get them ready for when mom or dad won't have their eyes on you. . .you don't want them going gaga and overdoing it at the first smell of "freedom".

Just my opinion oh!!

Why should it be this way .. . this is what is considered THE WESTERN WAY !!! grin grin grin grin
Re: by eldee(m): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Answer my question my friend!

What do you mean the question is irrelevant?

If you are critiquing. or rather ridiculing, only ONE thing out of two options on the table, you don't know you have to justify the alternative?

Lool . . . oh, I thought the reply was self-evident?
Let me give you in clear terms. The society in that admittedly corrupt system is a product of the flawed socialization mechanism in the family unit.
In more basic terms, if your beating kids system didn't Bleep up in the first place, I won't have to pay bribe for my Japanese products.

And you asked, which would I prefer, I'll repeat myself. . . "It's not what about what I would prefer, it's about what is better for the child in the long run.", making the question irrelevant to this discussion.

There are more than two ways to kill a cat brother. If I say one of the two options stated on this very expansive thread is less attractive, I don't have to sing praises for the other, that's irrational tunnel vision.
I'm only saying there must be better options, and it should include removing intimidation from child-raising, even if hitting your kids is involved.

1 Like

Re: by ronkebp(f): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again, @Sisi_kill said NOTHINg different from what many have been trying to get you to see, including my person, for more than 6 pages now.

um . . . I think you should be telling yourself all you pretend to be telling me here. grin grin grin grin grin

LIES!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: by ronkebp(f): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Guess no one is ready to party yet. sad

*Takes party hat off and go sits in a corner with a good book*

Don't worry Sisi, there will be enough time to party...i am having my fifth child very soon...be ready to k'omo..with me soon!!!wink wink
Re: by Sagamite(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
eldee:

Lool . . . oh, I thought the reply was self-evident?
Let me give you in clear terms. The society in that admittedly corrupt system is a product of the flawed socialization mechanism in the family unit.
In more basic terms, if your beating kids system didn't Bleep up in the first place, I won't have to pay bribe for my Japanese products.

Oh, really?

RUBBISH!

It is a failure of leadership, not a failure of family unit.

What utter clunking rubbish! You want to reinvent and rewrite sociology and anthropology to fit your arguments?

Go on google, go and dig out one place where experts have attributed substantial blame for corruption to family unit or upbringing.

I wait.

It is Saga you want to BS!

eldee:
And you asked, which would I prefer, I'll repeat myself. . . "It's not what about what I would prefer, it's about what is better for the child in the long run.", making the question irrelevant to this discussion.

There are more than two ways to kill a cat brother. If I say one of the two options stated on this very expansive thread is less attractive, I don't have to sing praises for the other, that's irrational tunnel vision.
I'm only saying there must be better options, and it should include removing intimidation from child-raising, even if hitting your kids is involved.

Cut the BS!

You specifically came here to critique ONLY the African approach. So I ask you, which do you prefer? You are now saying it is irrelevant.

Your lack of will to answer shows you did not think through it before you spoke. You prefer the RESULTS of the African one to the Western one but you chose a position based on funkadelism.

Awon funky! E mi o funky. Am an African man, original.
Re: by ronkebp(f): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
***and suddenly, everywhere became quiet***** an angel is passing...grin grin
Re: by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
ronkebp:

LIES!!!!!!!! grin grin

Care to tell us what the LIES are? OR let me guess, you would rather dribble around providing evidence of these lies for another 6 pages, and then suddenly pretend you ever made this accusation to begin with? undecided undecided undecided
Re: by ronkebp(f): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Care to tell us what the LIES are? OR let me guess, you would rather dribble around providing evidence of these lies for another 6 pages, and then suddenly pretend you ever made this accusation to begin with? undecided undecided undecided

Shattap!!!! go and rest, stop going back and forth,the discussion is over.
Re: by kandiikane(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sorry, but what you have above have NOTHING to do with common sense . . . You don't get to tack on the "common sense" badge on anything you come up with. There are tests it has to pass. So,sorry, what you have there does not work . . . again . .

It is so easy for you to make these claims here because you probably have never had to help someone else who was disabled and you needed to wipe them down and wash them and all. Common sense is that it does not matter what hand you use. What matters is that you wash that hand, left or right before you eat.

Going by your "common sense" logic up there, those who are born left handed are screwed, or don't you see that?? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Kobo, what exactly are you trying to argue here? If you feel like any hand should be used to clean shyt, then it's ok. That is your opinion and choice but it makes sense to those who follow religions which suggest using one hand for eating and one hand for wiping shyt.

As I have said before, you can use your right hand to eat and wipe shyt, that is absolutely your business. No one is going to shoot you for it.

I have not looked after a disabled person but I have cleaned and washed babies and toddlers azzes with my left hand without any problem.
Re: by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
ronkebp:

Shattap!!!! go and rest, stop going back and forth,the discussion is over.

Again. . .
Kobojunkie:

Re: by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
kandiikane:

Kobo, what exactly are you trying to argue here? If you feel like any hand should be used to clean shyt, then it's ok. That is your opinion and choice but it makes sense to those who follow religions which suggest using one hand for eating and one hand for wiping shyt.

As I have said before, you can use your right hand to eat and wipe shyt, that is absolutely your business. No one is going to shoot you for it.

I have not looked after a disabled person but I have cleaned and washed babies and toddlers azzes with my left hand without any problem.

um . . . my point is

a) to the one who suggested it a VALUE, it does not qualify because you should be able to measure the value of a VALUE

b) For you suggesting it is common sense, you cannot just spew stuff and label em as common sense just because. . . no. There is nothing common sense about wiping with left hand as opposed to right hand. Going by evidence, it does not matter what hand you wipe with, what matters is that you wash your hands. This is what common sense says.

c) Wiping with left as a religious command is a whole different issue. When it comes to religion not everything makes sense. I mean you say it makes sense to those who follow it, and I agree that it probably should because they accept it is one of the requirements from their religion. But when you step into a room where the people there are not of that religion, do not suggest it should be common sense because sense rules are technically universal rules.

d) The reason I mentioned a disabled adult is because if you had to clean that person up, you would probably need to use your right hand in the process, and there is the chance that you will get poo on your right hand. I am not sure how your belief will take that though. Ask anyone who has worked as a CNA.
Re: by eldee(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Oh, really?

RUBBISH!

It is a failure of leadership, not a failure of family unit.

What utter clunking rubbish! You want to reinvent and rewrite sociology and anthropology to fit your arguments?

Go on google, go and dig out one place where experts have attributed substantial blame for corruption to family unit or upbringing.

I wait.

It is Saga you want to BS!

Wait, I'm the first to state that families are building blocks of society? You've never heard that flaws in family systems translate to problems in the society at large? WOW. . .that's a first!

So the leaders are corrupt? The leaders didn't come from families?
First you admit that when people become junkies, you admit it's the families. . . but when the leaders are it's from Orunmila? I'm getting you.
Go on with your "clunking rubbish" and all. . .Piers Morgan is proud of you sir.

Sagamite:
Cut the BS!

You specifically came here to critique ONLY the African approach. So I ask you, which do you prefer?

Your lack of will of answer shows you did not think through it before you spoke. You prefer the RESULTS of the African one to the Western one but you chose a position based on funkadelism.

Awon funky! E mi o funky. Am an African man, original.

Again I ask, the most corrupt people in the world and you're claiming a moral victory? Oh yeah I get it, corrupt leaders are from Mars.
Your RESULTS are no better.

You don't get it, there is a flaw with the method you swore by, I highlighted it, I don't need to praise anything else, I don't need to criticise anything else, if you think the points I stated are wrong argue, against them and stop wasting time.

2 Likes

Re: by coogar: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite: The goal of smacking kids in Africa is to mainly have respectful kids, studious kids and moral kids.

Other factors will impact these.

Be it peer pressure and western TV programmes for respect.

Demotivating teachers and school facilities for studiousness.

Economic hardship for morality.

But by and large, do the African disciplinary way achieve these (especially respect) better than Western way? Hell YEAH!

no, it does not -
the african disciplinary way has failed africa. the evidence is so blatant when you look at the moral decadence in nigeria tertiary institutions and even nysc camps.. what makes a kid raised in nigeria better morally than the ones raised abroad? go to examination centres in lagos and watch these "disciplined" african kids bribing and doing all sorta malpractises. go to female hostels and watch how whoring has been glorified...abeg, let's call a spade what it is....

there's a difference between hypocrisy and decency.....that a kid raised in naija does not discuss about sex in public does not mean she doesn't mutter it under her breath to herself. of course, when she sees uncle sagamite - she feigns innocence! whereas, the kid raised abroad would tell uncle sagamite to leave the bedroom for her cos she needs to sleep with her boyfriend. same intentions, one has the balls to express her feelings and the other cannot!!!

1 Like

Re: by kandiikane(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . my point is

a) to the one who suggested it a VALUE, it does not qualify because you should be able to measure the value of a VALUE
It is part of the hadiths, therefore, it is of importance to them and should be part of their lives as muslims
b) For you suggesting it is common sense, you cannot just spew stuff and label em as common sense just because. . . no. There is nothing common sense about wiping with left hand as opposed to right hand. Going by evidence, it does not matter what hand you wipe with, what matters is that you wash your hands. This is what common sense says.
It is common sense to try and understand why one won't want to use the hand they use for eating to also wash shyt from their azz
c) Wiping with left as a religious command is a whole different issue. When it comes to religion not everything makes sense. I mean you say it makes sense to those who follow it, and I agree that it probably should because they accept it is one of the requirements from their religion. But when you step into a room where the people there are not of that religion, do not suggest it should be common sense because sense rules are technically universal rules.
I know you were not brought up in an islamic setting so I am not imposing anything on you. Commenting on this matter does not mean I am imposing the things I have been brought with on people. If common sense is technically universal, then it should not stop you from reasoning and try to understand why someone won't want to use the hand they use for eating to clean shyt. Even if it's food you ate, it's not the same appealing food that is coming out. I mean you won't take it and put it back in your mouth just because it's the same food.
d) The reason I mentioned a disabled adult is because if you had to clean that person up, you would probably need to use your right hand in the process, and there is the chance that you will get poo on your right hand. I am not sure how your belief will take that though. Ask anyone who has worked as a CNA.

I have never seen or know of anyone who uses both hands to clean up shyt from someone's azz even if the person is a disabled person. Yes, both hands will be used, but I am not sure both hands will be in the genitals cleaning it up. If it's someone who normally washes the azz with the left hand, I don't think the person will commit suicide over shyt touching the right hand. We are talking about people who normally use their left hands. I mean, I won't commit if shyt accidentally lands on my right hand. If to you it doesn't matter which hand, that's fine. That, my dear is your choice. Everyone has a right to use which ever hand they want to clean their shyt with.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
eldee:
Wait, I'm the first to state that families are building blocks of society? You've never heard that flaws in family systems translate to problems in the society at large? WOW. . .that's a first!

So the leaders are corrupt? The leaders didn't come from families?
First you admit that when people become junkies, you admit it's the families. . . but when the leaders are it's from Orunmila? I'm getting you.
Go on with your "clunking rubbish" and all. . .Piers Morgan is proud of you sir.

What clunking rubbish!

So because flaws in family system translate to problems means it must translate to this problem? grin

You can as well tell me flaws in the carburetor is why the door mirrors are not working.

The leaders also where Agbada and eat eba or tuwo, maybe that is the source of their corruption.

My friend, go to google and dig out just ONE (Eyokan) academic research that attributed corruption to family upbringing before you start rewriting sociology and anthropology.

Then secondly, show me where I attributed junkies to families. You want to strawman Saga? Ok o. grin

eldee:
Again I ask, the most corrupt people in the world and you're claiming a moral victory? Oh yeah I get it, corrupt leaders are from Mars.
Your RESULTS are no better.

You don't get it, there is a flaw with the method you swore by, I highlighted it, I don't need to praise anything else, I don't need to criticise anything else, if you think the points I stated are wrong argue, against them and stop wasting time.

Answer the gaddam question. Which one DO YOU PREFER!

All this story!

All this verbosity!

Answer the gaddamn question.

coogar:

no, it does not -
the african disciplinary way has failed africa. the evidence is so blatant when you look at the moral decadence in nigeria tertiary institutions and even nysc camps.. what makes a kid raised in nigeria better morally than the ones raised abroad? go to examination centres in lagos and watch these "disciplined" african kids bribing and doing all sorta malpractises. go to female hostels and watch how whoring has been glorified...abeg, let's call a spade what it is....

there's a difference between hypocrisy and decency.....that a kid raised in naija does not discuss about sex in public does not mean she doesn't mutter it under her breath to herself. of course, when she sees uncle sagamite - she feigns innocence! whereas, the kid raised abroad would tell uncle sagamite to leave the bedroom for her cos she needs to sleep with her boyfriend. same intentions, one has the balls to express her feelings and the other cannot!!!

So somehow, you attributed exam malpractice to smacking?

Really?

Not inefficient administration?

You mean if there is access to expo in countries that don't smack, they will not take it?

How come the same girl whoring in Naija will get to the UK where she has the powers to make her own money and will reduce it? So it is an economic influence? The same as you will see in Eastern Europe or Thailand or any third world country where people are poorer?
Re: by fstranger8: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Even if administration was weak, what happened to the so called African discipline?

Remember, discipline is doing what is right when no one is watching.

You mean if there is access to expo in countries that don't smack, they will not take it?

Funny enough, I have found White people, generally, not all of them, to be extremely disciplined when it comes to exams. Even if they had access to it, most of them will not take it. I was impressed the first time I saw that. It went totally against what I was used to in Nigeria, from GCE to WAEC to JAMB to regular school exam to G2 to FGC exam to Junior WAEC.

With respect to White people, I am not talking about White trash or ghetto people. Middle-class suburbia!

[b]How come the same girl whoring in Naija will get to the UK where she has the powers to make her own money and will reduce i[/b]t? So it is an economic influence? The same as you will see in Eastern Europe or Thailand or any third world country where people are poorer?

Again what happened to that "African discipline" you ve been harping about? Dont forget that most of these girls will not starve if they dont LovePeddler themselves. They are just lazy, and undisciplined.

Anyway, you are not doing a good job defending the so called brutal 'African disciplinary way' of 'training' a child. For starters; what is the "african disciplinary way?" The one copied from the bible a la " Spare the child and spoil the rod" or the one practised years before White people brought the bible to Africa.

In the end, you will be surprised that there isnt that much difference between us.
Re: by coogar: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite:
So somehow, you attributed exam malpractice to smacking?

if the smacking and the strict discipline were effective, why cheat in the exams?

Really?

fuck yes!!!

if the strict discipline meted to the people handling the administration worked, why would they need to resort to collecting money from examination candidates? were the exam invigilators raised in mars? were they not raised in the same nigeria? the discipline failed them and sadly, it has failed the kids too!
thanx for making my point....

why would there be access? the admin officers handling examinations here have been drilled about honesty and dignity "without the cane". it's not like many of them are stinkingly rich but they won't trade their dignity for few wads of pounds! they were tutored without the cane and they abide by it till the day they die. of course, there are few bad eggs abroad too but not in the same obscene level like nigeria....

How come the same girl whoring in Naija will get to the UK where she has the powers to make her own money and will reduce it?

where is the market for her to do such nonsense? there has to be a buyer before such business can thrive, sagamite! picking up whores is illegal in the uk if she's not licensed. the cops here won't accept bribes and she would get banged up so it's natural for any naija hooker to reduce her whoring abroad - it's not like they wish so, the system does not allow it!

So it is an economic influence? The same as you will see in Eastern Europe or Thailand or any third world country where people are poorer?

i cannot connect the above with what's being discussed!

1 Like

Re: by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
coogar:

if the smacking and the strict discipline were effective, why cheat in the exams?

fuck yes!!!

if the strict discipline meted to the people handling the administration worked, why would they need to resort to collecting money from examination candidates? were the exam invigilators raised in mars? were they not raised in the same nigeria? the discipline failed them and sadly, it has failed the kids too!
thanx for making my point....

why would there be access? the admin officers handling examinations here have been drilled about honesty and dignity "without the cane". it's not like many of them are stinkingly rich but they won't trade their dignity for few wads of pounds! they were tutored without the cane and they abide by it till the day they die. of course, there are few bad eggs abroad too but not in the same obscene level like nigeria....

where is the market for her to do such nonsense? there has to be a buyer before such business can thrive, sagamite! picking up whores is illegal in the uk if she's not licensed. the cops here won't accept bribes and she would get banged up so it's natural for any naija hooker to reduce her whoring abroad - it's not like they wish so, the system does not allow it!

i cannot connect the above with what's being discussed!

The first thing you have to learn is that, laws do not dictate people's desires.

The second thing you have to learn is that, smacking do not dictate people's desires.

But both can limit behaviours. That is the intent.

It is pure silly to blame smacking for all ills of society or as the panacea for all problems of society.

Start looking at economic, social, cultural and leadership. All part of systemic contributors to how a society functions.

They smack in Singapore. Even the courts passes sentences of smacking for juveniles and it is one of the most advanced and structured countries in the world. So why have they not failed as a nation? So why would you blame smacking for any failures?

What makes singapore successful?

Look at the systemic structure - Economic, Social, Cultural and Leadership.

They also smack in Botswana. It is a lovely country. Tell me why.

Complex issues have complex explanations.

1 Like

Re: by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite,

Can i ask which society has more crime and social vices. African e.g Nigerian or Foreign e.g American

1 Like

Re: by fstranger8: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sagamite: The goal of smacking kids in Africa is to mainly have respectful kids, studious kids and moral kids.

So in 1847, the goal of smacking kids in Africa was to make them studious? Saga man, now I see why people like [color=#990000]Chiarcover[/color] think you are smart! Your ability to pull shyt from your a/s/s is commendable. In fact, you are a 1 percenter when it comes to making shyt up.

But by and large, do the African disciplinary way achieve these (especially respect) better than Western way? Hell YEAH!

And by and large, it has also created generations of timid souls who lived and are still living unhappy existence. And bending down to some stupiddd corrupt, diabolical elder isnt more respectful than standing up, shaking their hands with straight shoulder and upright posture. It s matter of perception.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu: Sagamite,

Can i ask which society has more crime and social vices. African e.g Nigerian or Foreign e.g American

To be frank, I wouldn't think that question was relevant because the drivers of crime has little to do with smacking.

The dominant factor for crime is economics/finance.

Finance determines unmet needs that lead to crime. It determines assets available to steal. It determines societies ability to deter crime.

Plus social factors like wealth gap.

Those are what determine crime levels.

That is why you will have more crime in Haiti than you will have in Monaco.

A more relevant question, in this context, is "which society has more unruly and disrespectful kids". That is the West!
Re: by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu: Sagamite,

oh !Lord have mercy . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Onyeka Nnadozie Eze's Two Sets Of Twins And Wife (Photos) / Husband Beats Wife For "Buhari Is Working" Comment (Photos) / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.