Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

- Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (46029 Views)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Parents: How Do You Identify A Child's Talent? / Where Did Our Daughters Learn To Be Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by deols(f): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Well, be that as it may, it is a lie that the right/left hand option has anything to do with Nigeria. It is a religious belief and not even a religious value.

It is not a value, it is just a choice, and a choice not really based on common sense but their level of understanding per say. A value is something that contributes positives or negatives to society. . . .wiping with left/right adds or removes nothing to the individual doing it or the society as a whole. It is like picking your teeth after eating with a tooth pick. Some people do it, and others think it is gross.

That is no point. Again, when you say something is Nigeria-specific, you need to be able to show that people in Nigeria do it more than people elsewhere. So far, it seems that is not the case for any of the suggestions you came up with. So you will need to try another list

but at least you are now reasoning in line and an argument can then ensue on what constitutes a value and what doesnt.
Re: by kandiikane(m): 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . dude, keep your religious issues/low self esteem at the door. What has your idea of islam being a male dominated religion to do with what I said there? What had male dominated to do my response there?

If you are drunk, don't post at all.

Excuse you! If you were not implying a male ruling 'culture' with this comment:

"Why continue with a culture that has that high risk(50%) of making puppets of females"

What were you implying?
Who turn the females into puppets, the children?

Are you ok?
Re: by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kandii you inside another Thread Talking about AzzzWiping Again? grin
Re: by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
to my knowledge, nobody's ever won an argument with kobojunkie yet.
Re: by deols(f): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . dude, keep your religious issues/low self esteem at the door. What has your idea of islam being a male dominated religion to do with what I said there? What had male dominated to do my response there?

If you are drunk, don't post at all.

You sound very confused. Do you assume you need to spell it all out before anyone understands what you'r inferring? You obviously aren't as intelligent as I used to think.
Re: by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
deols:

but at least you are now reasoning in line and an argument can then ensue on what constitutes a value and what doesnt.

Are you freaking kidding me? Reasoning in line of what? um . . what is different from what I am saying now and what I have been saying for the last, I don't know, 14 pages?

Are you sure you have been awake to this discussion from the begining even? Cause I getting the feeling that the way some of you here know to argue is you jump into discussions without taking time to ensure you even have a side in what is going on, post any thing that pops into your heads, and then after a couple of pages, pretend you had a relapse and accuse the other party of changing their stance.
Re: by kandiikane(m): 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie, do you know the definition of value?

"It is a religious belief and not even a religious value"

Lmfaooo!
Re: by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
kandiikane:

You will not understand the VALUE of using one hand to eat and the other to wash your azz because you are not going to gain anything from trying to understand it. You were not brought up like that.

Why would you want to wash your azz after a shyt with the same hands you use in eating especially for those that use their hands to eat.

How many people have access to antibacterial handwash?

If common sense cannot help you to figure this out, then I'm sorry I cannot help.

lol
Re: by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
kandiikane: Kobojunkie, do you know the definition of value?

"It is a religious belief and not even a religious value"

Lmfaooo!

um . . . Please check the dictionary. A Religious value would be anything that has merit to one's belief -- one's status in the eyes of their god, one's faith etc. You, I believe, suggested that staunch muslims would use their left while liberals would probably not. Does that help you now? Stop with the childish nonsense.
Re: by kandiikane(m): 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
~Royal~:
Kandii you inside another Thread Talking about AzzzWiping Again? grin

Lmao, we got to wipe the azz, nau?

Btw, do you use the hand you eat with to wash your azz after a shyt? cheesy
Re: by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
BoboYekini: to my knowledge, nobody's ever won an argument with kobojunkie yet.

Of course not . . that is why it is senseless to attempt WINNING an argument to begin with . . . instead try to argue your point LOGICALLY .. . That is typically what you need to do in the first place.
Re: by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
I take a Shower after a Shid. Only Cavemen Engage in the Act of "Wiping"
Re: by kandiikane(m): 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:
um . . . Please check the dictionary. A Religious value would be anything that has merit to one's belief -- one's status in the eyes of their god, etc. Stop with the childish nonsense.

Lool, which childish nonsense? Oh, you mean your nonsense? Attacking someone's way of washing her nyash?

Wait, wait.

Sooo...

If following the hadiths are part of my beliefs-to add to my merits for me to enter heaven, should those hadiths not be deemed valuable? Of importance to my beliefs?
Re: by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
kandiikane:
Lool, which childish nonsense. Oh, you mean your nonsense? Attacking someone's way of washing her nyash?
Wait, wait.
Sooo...
If following the hadiths are part of my belief-to add to my merits for me to enter heaven, should those hadiths not be deemed valuable? Of importance to my belief?

^^ This is exactly the childish nonsense I was talking about. Please go back and read what has been said so far and again, try to leave your emotions at the door as they ruin debates.

If you believe that wiping with left as opposed to right will get you quicker to heaven, then it is of value to you. However, if you Islam itself requires that all muslims wipe with left or else they not make heaven, then it is consider a value to the religion. Note the difference!
Re: by kandiikane(m): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^ This is exactly the childish nonsense I was talking about. Please go back and read what has been said so far and again, try to leave your emotions at the door as they ruin debates.

If you believe that wiping with left as opposed to right will get you quicker to heaven, then it is of value to you. However, if you Islam itself requires that all muslims wipe with left or else they not make heaven, then it is consider a value to the religion. Note the difference!

I am sorry but what the hell?

O_o

Are you ok?

Stop chatting shyt!

Go read back to what you have been writing.
Re: by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Is my engrishi bad or samtin? I no tipe am welli welli? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: by kandiikane(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Is my engrishi bad or samtin? I no tipe am welli welli? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Lol, you talk of childish nonsense? Oya, go play with your toys.

You need to go read your posts.

You probably lost abit of memory on the way.

Amnesia much.
Re: by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
Let me get this straight. . . . you are seriously trying to play that same game, aren't you? WOW . . .
Kobojunkie:

Are you freaking kidding me? Reasoning in line of what? um . . what is different from what I am saying now and what I have been saying for the last, I don't know, 14 pages?

Are you sure you have been awake to this discussion from the begining even? Cause I getting the feeling that the way some of you here know to argue is you jump into discussions without taking time to ensure you even have a side in what is going on, post any thing that pops into your heads, and then after a couple of pages, pretend you had a relapse and accuse the other party of changing their stance.

Re: by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
kandiikane:

Lol, you talk of childish nonsense? Oya, go play with your toys.

You need to go read your posts.

You probably lost abit of memory on the way.

Amnesia much.

Kandii,

if I wan finger you which hand I go use, right or left?
Re: by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
Re: by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
BoboYekini: to my knowledge, nobody's ever won an argument with kobojunkie yet.

That would because they are bowing to his/her superior, unrelenting ineptitude. It is certainly unparalleled on these boards.
Re: by deols(f): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Now you'd agree you need to cool down before giving responses. Your tone on the shyt thing is definitely different from the last replies you'v given It shows some level of reasoning.

that you do that doesnt mean every other person does. that you didnt understand what I was talking about is the reason you think I changed my stance

let me remind you of what's been going

I called some things Nigerian and you say they are not.The onus is on you to prove that but you didnt. Buttressing my points, I gave you examples like giving things only with your right hand as a show of respect. something you wouldnt see at every other place in the world. If you are not having a problem with comprehension, I think this is just enough and we can then tackle the other difficulties you might be having.
Re: by kandiikane(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Kandii,

if I wan finger you which hand I go use, right or left?

Seriously, dayo? Do you always have to do this?
Kobojunkie: Let me get this straight. . . . you are seriously trying to play that same game, aren't you? WOW . . .

You should take your own advice.

You know when you argue just for the sake of arguing as you did. You forget what you've been arguing about.
Re: by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Anywho . . . enough of the derailing . .

Sisi_Kill: Good list Deols and you are right, those things are what we consider Nigerian values.[size=13pt] However, if we look deeper, we will see that they should be Human Being values (for lack of a better word).

I don't think there's anyone. . .parent out there instilling the opposite of those things in their kids (westerners included). We Nigerians just tend to be more vocal about it even when it is not being practiced and when our children fail, it is easier to blame an external forces instead of looking inward and assessing where we went wrong.
[/size]

What is different between us and "the westerners" is that they don't bury their heads in the sand, they tackle the hard stuff which for us. . .is a No No! We don't talk about certain things, like sex, we would much rather pretend our children are chaste and they shall be for the rest of their lives. The mere mention of it sends us into a fit but reality is. . .the world is changing, even we don't talk about it, these kids are still going to find out about it one way or the other. Wouldn't you rather be in control of your child's first foray into dangerous territory?

If I had to say what the Naija value(s) is. . .I'd have to say Denial! lipsrsealed

TELL THEM!!

Re: by kandiikane(m): 12:05am On Aug 17, 2012
I laugh in hong kong. grin
Re: by coogar: 9:14am On Aug 17, 2012
Sagamite:

Explain to me how it has dictated/controlled/conjoined/pukut/meerkat/polock/chin-chin/karagounis/morounfolu your desire if you still have the same desire as you admitted yourself.

Laws DO NOT dictate desires!

it does.....
i still get the urges to overspeed because sadly, old habits die hard but on the long run, those desires would die. you just don't drop a habit all of a sudden, it reduces until there's no urge to start doing it any longer.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 9:23am On Aug 17, 2012
coogar:

it does.....
i still get the urges to overspeed because sadly, old habits die hard but on the long run, those desires would die. you just don't drop a habit all of a sudden, it reduces until there's no urge to start doing it any longer.

You STILL have the desire to overspeed, so how has the law changed your desire?

IT HAS ONLY CHANGED YOUR BEHAVIOUR! THE DESIRE IS STILL THERE!

WTF! This is simple as ABC!

On the long run, it is age and reduced testosterone that changes your desire.
Re: by coogar: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2012
Sagamite:

You STILL have the desire to overspeed, so how has the law changed your desire?

IT HAS ONLY CHANGED YOUR BEHAVIOUR! THE DESIRE IS STILL THERE!

WTF! This is simple as ABC!

On the long run, it is age and reduced testosterone that changes your desire.

i disagree....
when the laws suppress the behaviour for a while, the desires disappear. the desire i am talking about is not as strong as what it used to be. it has gone from "very strong" to "very weak" and over time it would completely disappear......drug addicts in a rehab still get minute desires to use but after a while, those desires disappear and they stay clean!
Re: by Sagamite(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2012
coogar:

i disagree....
when the laws suppress the behaviour for a while, the desires disappear. the desire i am talking about is not as strong as what it used to be. it has gone from "very strong" to "very weak" and over time it would completely disappear......drug addicts in a rehab still get minute desires to use but after a while, those desires disappear and they stay clean!

Rubbish!

You still have the desire to drive as you want. The law has not changed that, it has only controlled you from doing it.

Rubbish!

Drug addicts change, not based on laws. They change based on chemicals given to them to assist/suppress/change/reduce their desires.

That was a useless analogy.

It is the threat of consequences (fines, addiction, smacking) that controls behaviours. Desires are natural things controlled by natural changes (the most dominant), chemical inducement (where possible) or social education (this one normally takes decades through strong memes).
Re: by coogar: 9:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Sagamite:

Rubbish!
Yous till have the desire to drive as you want. The law has not changed that, it has only controlled you from doing it.

i don't have the desire to drive as i want again---i used to but that feeling has been beaten out of me cos i now understand why i shouldn't drive how i want!

Drug addicts change, not based on laws. They change based on chemicals given to them to assist/suppress/change/reduce their desires.
That was a useless analogy.

the law is the reason they are being given chemicals to suppress their desires to use in the first place. tobacco smoking: don't smoke indoors, don't smoke in the public, don't smoke in the car - how soon before you even lose the desire to smoke at all! it's almost criminalised to smoke

It is the threat of consequences (fines, addiction, smacking) that controls behaviours. Desires are natural things controlled by natural changes (the most dominant), chemical inducement (where possible) or social education (this one normally takes decades).
and it's those threats of consequences that would soon eat up the desires!!!
Re: by kandiikane(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2012
I agree with saga on this. Laws do not dictate your desires.

-not smoking indoors will not stop you from smoking.
#just passing.
Re: by Sagamite(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2012
coogar:

i don't have the desire to drive as i want again---i used to but that feeling has been beaten out of me cos i now understand why i shouldn't drive how i want!

the law is the reason they are being given chemicals to suppress their desires to use in the first place. tobacco smoking: don't smoke indoors, don't smoke in the public, don't smoke in the car - how soon before you even lose the desire to smoke at all! it's almost criminalised to smoke

and it's those threats of consequences that would soon eat up the desires!!!

You still have the desire, you said it yourself. Stop changing your story just to make a weak argument relevant.

The thing stopping you are laws. It is controlling your behaviour, not change your desire.

As you get older, that desire will diminish. That FACT is reflected in your insurance policy payments.

It is chemical changes that changes your desire to put chemicals in your body, not laws. Stop arguing against logic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / Husband Beats Wife For "Buhari Is Working" Comment (Photos) / Onyeka Nnadozie Eze's Two Sets Of Twins And Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.