Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (13103 Views)

Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / Obasanjo In Igbo Attire, Poses With Igbo Leaders (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by dremoney(m): 3:27am On Dec 26, 2007
nigeriaone:

joshjosh (m), yes for home or house, but solar is not very reliable for mass generation,

Our best option is to change the network system of NEPA. satellite pictures show that the north is less dense population than what Mr Makama claim. Which is a good thing. It tell me as an engineer, that less problem too. In the North, less than 5 cities have the population to create problem in design. wHAT THEY NEED TO do is isolate all this five cities, from what i would call a North grid system. Focus all the power produce from kaninji, Jebba, Shiroro and other generation station in the the North , to the North only. While focus the new project in Geregu power station (thermal gas) and incease it to about 3000MW. Geregu is a VERY IMPORTANT PROJECT. 2000MW from Geregu should be for the New North grid system . While the remain 1000MW should be for the Five North cities that show abit of Density. It is possible to have 24 x7 electricity in the north in 3 years, I would explain how to solve that of the South later, And , Merry xmas. I have to go i would find time to explain , how to solve the problem,

u try !!!!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2007
someone said something ago. i just beleive in fairness, no matter who, I dont care if it Obasanjo slave or child, I do not care if it Isaac Boro or Adam smith.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by otokx(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2007
He who comes to equity must do so with clean hands.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigboy(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2007
When will corruption be a thing of the past in Nigeria. Almost all the leaders are eaters of public fund. don't mind my grammer
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by kokoA(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2007
@ bebedi

I can't believe that people like you still exist in this country. What do you mean by saying nothing will hapen to iyabo? Nigeria is working now and nobody is above the law, so am sorry to disapoint you, if iyabo is found guilty she will definately be prosecuted. The earlier you start believing in my Nigeria, the better for you!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by faketan(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2007
kokoA:

@ bebedi

I can't believe that people like you still exist in this country. What do you mean by saying nothing will hapen to iyabo? Nigeria is working now and nobody is above the law, so am sorry to disapoint you, if iyabo is found guilty she will definately be prosecuted. The earlier you start believing in my Nigeria, the better for you!

You can say that again.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2007
I posted this message but deeply and sadly I know nothing will happen to IYABO as nothing is happening to OBJ, IBB, Annenih, Ali and many more.

Nigeria is a lost country:

lagos to ibadan is less than 120km, yet we cannot fix it.

benin to ore is less than 200km, its worse than it was in 1980.

ajaokuta has been starting-up since 70s. it will never stand up

EFCC is just a decoy to shift our attention from the REAL thieves.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by joshjosh(m): 10:47am On Dec 27, 2007
babasin.
patriotic Nigerians don't talk like that. patriotic Nigerians don't see anything wrong in the environment
my brother you love Nigeria more the thieves waiting for their turn to start their looting. i used that Ibadan road recently on my way to ilesha and was quite shocked because having used Benin- Lagos, Abuja- Benin they are almost all the same. which roads are good in Nigeria?

Benin -Lagos road was so bad they had to go through another road i used almost 30yrs ago to school for about 5yrs guess what it was better then than it is now.

the fans of these apology for human beings that hijacked Nigeria wants everyone to rejoice their masters are not charging for the air you breathe yet. what have Nigerian done to deserve these people?

Nigeriaone are you saying that the north must get their light sorted out before the rest of Nigeria get considered? i hope you didn't say that.

i will post details of the solar panels in january when i go back to work. i have all the info/ correspondence on it in my work mailbox thankfully, i am not back until 7th.

i think i should start the business in Nigeria. i thought it wont work properly during the raining seasons but they said it coped well even when it rained almost 3 days non stop
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by ono(m): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2007
babasin:

I posted this message but deeply and sadly I know nothing will happen to IYABO as nothing is happening to OBJ, IBB, Annenih, Ali and many more.

Nigeria is a lost country:

lagos to ibadan is less than 120km, yet we cannot fix it.

benin to ore is less than 200km, its worse than it was in 1980.

ajaokuta has been starting-up since 70s. it will never stand up

EFCC is just a decoy to shift our attention from the REAL thieves.

Hmn. . . . . .behold a forward looking Nigerian. Nice chronology you have up there. But shortsighted people will not see all that.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Iranoladun(f): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2007
@babasin

Despite all these problems, I still believe in EFCC, the Rule of Law and above all I believe in this nation-Nigeria! Things cannot go on like this forever, the revolution has commenced silently! Majority of the Iyabo Obasanjos will definitely pay for their crime when found guilty.

@joshjosh
I'm looking forward to getting the details on your solar solution come 7th when you resume at work. I'm sure this is a great business opportunity! [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
Majority of the Iyabo Obasanjos will definitely pay for their crime when found guilty.

I stopped long ago dreaming and started understanding the reality of Nigeria.

Not in Nigeria, will IYABO be found guilty. Even Abacha son was awarded medal by OBJ! in 2003.

All the others charged with same crime as Abacha son are still in PRISON but abacha son is free and relaxing in kano.

Annenih said point-blank, 'no pot in Nigeria is big enough to cook him'. Thats reality.

This same man who got N300billion to repair roads and did nothing.

what's story with Kanu, what's story with Alarm, Dariye. It would just be noise and soon everything will settle down again.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by fyneguy: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hmmm I read all the replies to this post, and I'm still shocked at statements made by PRO-IYABO elements. One even insulted us to consider the fact that Iyabo is a PhD holder- oh my God!. Was Iyabo ever lured into any business partnership of such magnitude before 1999 when her dad became President? What motivated her into the business partnership with Awofisayo- just to help a friend or for monetary gains? what informed the cancellation of the contract- the company's incompetence or to protect her interest?

Someone was wondering how Iyabo's case (which is even beyond the issue of using a fake name!) affected the power project bla bla bla. Shouldnt common sense tell you that 10% due to Iyabo was to be paid indirectly from Nigeria purse, since the contractor had to mark up on the contract sum to cover that? An Austrian company with no track record,awarded a contract for a very sensitive project. If the relationship didnt go sour, the company would have done it and probably nothing would have changed. I'm sure this is what happened in the cases of contracts meant for refineries rejuvenation and other failed projects, OBJ was unwilling to redress!

I'm too angry to make further comments.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Hsmpwise(m): 1:19am On Dec 28, 2007
@Iranoladun:
"Despite all these problems, I still believe in EFCC, the Rule of Law and above all I believe in this nation-Nigeria! Things cannot go on like this forever, the revolution has commenced silently! Majority of the Iyabo Obasanjos will definitely pay for their crime when found guilty".

Which kind revolution? I beg commot for me, my sister! Revo-wetin? For Nigeria?! Sister, take it or leave it, we are very far away from a revolution in Nigeria. I am sorry to say, despite everything, i agree with one of the submissions. I am afraid to say that i am firmly convinced nothing will happen to Iyabo Obasanjo alias Damilola Okanlawon!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by sammyzacks(m): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2007
efcc has not been fair. ribadu seem to be too loyal to obj that he has not been able to investigate him even after the expiration of his immunity clause. no wonder yaradua sent him for a course in kuru!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by 3dhunter(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2007
so the big question is "who will be the head of EFCC?"
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by holythug(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2007
yes, thats how the shouting starts but you will neva get a conclusion or a good finish. . . they make it look like some kind of suspense series

check Clifford Orji, Okija, Bola Ige, Abacha's issues e.t.c

nice start never an ending
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by juniorhamz(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2007
this goes to babasin or what did you call your self,

NO DEY TLK OWU LIKE DAT!! ODE!!

OWU NO BE UR LAND ABI UR PAPA NO KNW UNA ROOT!!

Obasanjo way u dey see walked very well on his regime,i hope you,ve never been to abuja not to talk of aso rock,if you no get walk,you beter begin to be selling five naira candle about una street. bosun son of akirogun of OWU LAND

P:S no be my ID i use
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2007
As the Economic and Financial Crimes Com-mission (EFCC) continues investigation into the N3.5 billion contract scandal involving Iyabo Obas-anjo, the daughter of the former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, more revelations have emerged over the Toyota 4x4 vehicle which she was said to have been given as inducement.
Investigations revealed that the idea to offer the vehicle as bribe was hitherto turned down by a Director of Vamed Engineering Nigeria Limited, Mr. Helmut Dietrich when the idea was sold to him allegedly by one Albert.
Sources said Helmut quickly wrote back to the said Albert wherein he said that the company should not offer any bribe to facilitate a contract with the government.
The note reads: “Dear Albert, sorry, but we are not in position to satisfy this request. We have many obligations to fulfill along with the project,” advising that public relations should be his (Albert) issue to deal with. But despite Helmut’s objection, Albert went ahead with the deal, the source said.
Details of the purchase showed that a quotation /proforma invoice was sent to Mrs. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello by Elizade Nigeria Limited, indicating a unit price of a Toyota Landcruiser with alloy wheel side step at N11, 200,000.00.
The Landcruiser came with a petrol engine, automatic transmission, leather seats, power steering, central lock, wood finish, A/C, cool box, airbags, sun proof, double extra tyre, and a radio cassette and CD player,
Subsequently, Union Bank drafts for N11,660, 000.00 with numbers 00008445, 032080386, 3879005190 issued by the UAC building branch of the bank in Abuja was used to buy the vehicle alleged to be a bribe for contract.
The vehicle, a Toyota Landcruiser VX AHC ACP with Engine No. 2UZ-9151608 and Chasis no. JTEHTO5J302086528 was delivered via a letter signed by Elizade’s Assistant Manager in charge of delivery, Tunde Fagbolagun on November 25 2005.
The letter reads: “This is to inform you that custom duty has been paid on the above-mentioned vehicle sold to Dr. Iyabo Obasanjo, 383, Agege Motor Road, Mushin, Lagos. The duty certificate is being prepared by the department of custom and excise and as soon as this is issued, it will be forwarded to you.
“Meanwhile, we shall be grateful if you can issue a license to enable them put this vehicle on the road. We thank you for your co-operation on this matter.”
Ms Obasanjo, who is the senator representing Ogun Central senatorial district was recently named in a controversy surrounding a N3.5 billion contract scandal currently before the International Court of Arbitration in Paris.
Her business partner, M. Schneider, an Austrian company, had petitioned the presidency and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EF-CC) complaining about what it called the “fraudulent, corrupt and criminal nature involving Senator (Mrs.) Iyabo Obasanjo- Bello (alias Mrs. Damilola Akinlawon), then serving as a commissioner with the Ogun State Gover-nment.”
The Austrian company alleged Iyabo Obasanjo “fraudulently” presented herself as Mrs Damilola Akinlawon while entering into a contractual agreement with it to float a company which bid for contracts in the power projects embarked upon by the government headed by her father, President Obasanjo.
In the petition dated August 30 2007 and copied to other anti-corruption agencies like the ICPC, Code of Conduct Bureau and Chairman of the Senate Committee on Ethics, M. Schneider of Austria alleged that Iyabo Obasanjo concealed her identity and presented herself as Mrs. Damilola Akinlawon with the “sole consideration of shielding her father, former President of Nigeria, from being perceived as having breached relevant laws in the award of power projects indirectly to his daughter.”
The company pleaded with the anti-corruption agencies to investigate the case with a view to ascertaining whether Nigeria ’s laws were broken by Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello “acting either for herself or on behalf of the then President.”

what more does EFCC needs?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by pumping777(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2007
As long as Nigerians continue to accept that public officials can perform acts which will have ordinary citizens locked up, these officials will continue to loot the nation's treasuries directly or through inflated contracts.

If you hide your identity to sign a government contract, there is everything wrong with it, whoever you may be.

You don't need to know anyone in Nepa to influence a power contract. Everyone falls under the presidency.

When Nigerians rose up against madam speaker, things happened. Good things can also happen in Nigeria if we stand up for what is right.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by otokx(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2007
They say the woman collected 1 Jeep as bribe.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2007
Afenifere's publicity secretary, Yinka Odumakin, in an interview with The Guardian, yesterday said the on-going impersonation scandal involving the former President's daughter and her involvement in the N17 billion hospital refurbishing contract had made it more than pertinent to investigate Obasanjo's eight years rule in the country.

Afenifere stated that the Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello scam and the hospital contract which happened during her father's presidency would be a tip of the iceberg if her father's eight years administration was investigated.

According to the group's spokesman "the man who is involved in this impersonation contract-deal, Awofisayo, was the same man who had taken undue advantage of the system to take a contract of N17 billion to up-grade some teaching hospitals, in which Iyabo was also involved. So, it confirms that under Obasanjo, himself and his daughter could not distinguish between his Ota farm and Nigeria, the way they could deal with the chickens in Ota farm was the way they were dealing with Nigeria and her resources."

-->
"Also, $800m was voted for the repair of the refineries, and none of them was repaired. Under Obasanjo, we learnt that several millions of Naira were spent to bribe legislators to support the third term agenda, while under him about N300 billion was voted for road construction, none was delivered."
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by omys: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2007
grin grin Haba! Don't you guys know that every father prays for his son or daughter to take after him? If you all know then what do you expect from Damil, sorry Iyabo Obasanjo? She has just proven that she is a true daughter of her father.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Dandada(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2008
Sad
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by initiate: 9:24am On Jan 03, 2008
you know she is obasanjo bello, so where is mr bello?

just like mrs etteh, when we have women who are supposed to be married but they are just doing senior chick around town, they lack decorum and live some shitty lives.

there should be a law that only responsibly married women can be in position of authority
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by ndubest(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2008
the new twist is that IYABO BELLO is different from DAMILOLA
cheesy cheesy cheesy
lawyers at work
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by naijaking1: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2008
Identity crises, oh!

Last time she said 'we agreed that I use a different identity, there nothing wrong with that' now she has a lawyer, and all of a sudden, 'she never used a different id?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Iranoladun(f): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2008
[color=#770077][/color]Wonder, Wonder, Wonder!!! Wonders shall never end, soon the lawyer will claim she was misquoted by the press that she never admit she was Damilola Akinlawon. Let's see the lawyers 'magic wand'
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2008
Wonder, Wonder, Wonder!!! Wonders shall never end, soon the lawyer will claim she was misquoted by the press that she never admit she was Damilola Akinlawon. Let's see the lawyers 'magic wand'

very sad country. yet people are in DARKNESS because of this iyabo.

until NIGERIANS go all out against these roques, there would be no progress.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2008
Despite her denial yesterday, the last is yet to be heard of the allegation that Dr. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, daughter of former president Olusegun Obasanjo, presented herself as Mrs. Damilola Akinlawon in her relationship with an Austrian company, M. Schneider, over the N3.5 billion contract controversy.
Documents made available to THISDAY last night showed that the Chairman of Vamed Engineering, Prince Albert Awofisayo, had given a lie to Iyabo’s claim at the International Court of Arbitration after the contract deal had gone sour.
In a press advertisement by her counsel, Prof. Abiodun Adesanya (SAN), Iyabo, a serving Senator, had said yesterday that she did not at anytime use or purport to use the name, Damilola Akinlawon, in making or signing any contract with M. Schneider Energy (Nigeria) Limited or with any other person or company.
The statement said no other contractual document was signed by Iyabo with M. Schneider Energy (Nigeria) Limited, apart from the pre-incorporation documents.
But Awofisayo, who is also chairman of CPL Nigeria Limited, had said in his evidence-in-chief before the arbitration court that both Iyabo and Damilola Akinlawon were one and the same.
No mention was made of any other Damilola Akinlawon resident in America while the evidence was taken from all parties to the dispute.
The hearing to determine the preliminary issues took place at the ICC in Paris on September 3 and 4 2007.

shamefull that this IYABO still allowed to call herself SENATOR!

“In the tribunal’s view, based on these facts, the EPPA and the JVA were validly signed on Akiya’s behalf. It was Mrs. Obasanjo-Bello, a Director of Akiya, who signed the agreements and the fact that she used “business name” Damilola Akinlawon does not mean that it was a different person and not she who signed.
“By the above admission of Awofisayo’s evidence by the tribunal, it confirmed the allegation that Mrs. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello concealed her true identity, which is against the provision of section 19 of EFCC Act 2000.”

yet RIBADU boy closed his eyes to this! what a country!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Orosunnuku(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2008
This is shamefully sad for our country's image particularly the legislators.
As for Iyabo Obasanjo, i will say kudos, more grease to your elbows, "carry go"
You are only trying to "take to the next level" what your father co-authored i.e high level corruption.
Like father like daughter!
How moronic and myopic are our politicians, they will never learn from history!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by oddz(f): 3:29am On Jan 14, 2008
u guys can curse and swear and say whatever u like. why dont u guys take to the streets, do a peacful protest, write an article and publish it in the papers expressing your disgust do whatever any concern citizen would do but please spare us the name calling, i think its a cowards way out.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Lawale61: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
What do you expect, 'the picken wey tiger born go take after the tiger, similarly, the wool wey mama spin, na in the pickin go thread', Me, I'm highly ecouraged by Iyabo's act, we all always pray that our children should surpass our records. [b]Iyabo is a true pickin of Baba Iyabo and she is tactfully and dilligently follwing following the footprints[/b]. Weldone lady and be sure to 'PASS IT ON' cool grin cool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / INEC Ballot Boxes, Military Shoes Now Made In Aba — Ikpeazu / Governor Ganduje Denies 5Million Dollars Bribe Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.