Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (13106 Views)

Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / Obasanjo In Igbo Attire, Poses With Igbo Leaders (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by presido1: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2007
nigeriaone:

"looter" show me were i looted, Anybody know who I collected money from or did I send letter to anyone claiming I am the brother of Yar Adua,

Look I have never hidden my real name,

Let that person I dump come out and tell the world I dump him. You can only frame me, Which I know the EFCC is now capable of and the now can use international bodies we all know,
You are talking to the wrong person. At age of 13 i became born again, Go and find out. I use to preach in my secondary , so everybody i went to school with knows me, They call me pastor, at age 16 , i had already preach to more a congregation of over 1000 people, You don hear deeper life before,

You know those people that use to preach in Molue in Nigeria, I do am before, I know shame, on my way to Gbagada, I went to university of Ilorin. Look go and look at the University of Ilorin UCU graduate years my picture is there, I was a member of the University christain Union. So you have the wrong person,

You need to frame me, Like some are trying to frame me now, Even Oyibo is involve, they assume that I do not know they are only trying to frame me,

My brother bible say we should not take pride in ourself, In redeemed church you do hear of 100 days fasting and prayer , we don do am, Go ask people we know me, I am a rigid person, fearless, I know where I am going, heaven, i just know some inform that you do not know, They are setting people up, and I do not like that, This is wrong,
Are you writting your biography or what? if you have nothing to say that is relevant to the topic its high time you chicken out. Did they pay you to come and defend the obasanjo's.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by McKren(m): 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2007
Very soon he will come up with satelite pictures of all the places Iyabo Obasanjo went to when she was commissioner grin grin grin

You are talking to the wrong person. At age of 13 i became born again, Go and find out. I use to preach in my secondary , so everybody i went to school with knows me, They call me pastor, at age 16 , i had already preach to more a congregation of over 1000 people, You don hear deeper life before,

Wells thats the more reasons I will trust you less, cos Pastors are the only set of people who always made profit regardless of how poor our economy was doing.
Reason: They exploit the hopelessness of poor people
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by faketan(m): 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2007
You went to Uni Ilorin? Wow good thingy. . . Your grammer should have been better. May be it is typo.

No mind me, after all you no be english. .
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2007
This what I wrote mr,  below and I dey mix pingin with it,  I assume we are all Nigerian.

I stop beleiving them when they claim Ghandi import 20 billion naira cars into Nigeria, 
Most of you mugu beleived the lies. I did not,  all I did was do my maths, 

20,000,000,000  divided by 2,000,000 

what I got  was 10,000 cars,  Only Pastor Ghandi  ,  How can one man import 10,000 cars,

If Pastor Ghandi import 10,000,  Ghandi refuse to call me  to this business,  do you think I should not change my calling,  Ghandi I need 10,000 cars too,  what up show me 10,000 cars too.  Pastor Ghandi me too need cars now.

credibility is becoming their problem. Yar Adua I say again is listening to wrong people,  Wrong friends , wrong decision.

You see the bible says the heart of a man is wicked. You can call someone your friend and they may be your enermy. I beleive that is what is going on with Yar Adua,  He as his enermy around him,  Looking for his downfall,

"looter"  show me who i looted,  Anybody know who I collected money from or did I send letter to anyone claiming I am the brother of Yar Adua, 

Look I have never hidden my real name, 

Let that person I cheated come out and tell the world I cheated him. You can only frame me,  Which I know the EFCC is now capable of and the now can use international bodies we all know,
You are talking to the wrong person. At age of 13 i became born again,  Go and find out. I use to preach in my secondary sch , so everybody i went to school with knows me,  They call me pastor,  at age 16 , i had already preach to  a congregation of over 1000 people,  You don hear deeper life before.

You know those people that use to preach in Molue in Nigeria,  I do am before,  I know shame,  on my way to Gbagada,  I went to university of Ilorin. Look go and look at the University of Ilorin UCU graduate  years my picture is there, I was a member of the University christain Union.  So you have the wrong person, 

You need to frame me,  Like some are trying to frame me now,  Even white person  is involve,  they assume that I do not know they are only trying to frame me, 

My brother bible say we should not take pride in ourself,  In redeemed  church you do hear of 100 days fasting and prayer ,  we don do am,   Go ask people who know me,  I am a rigid person,  fearless,  I know where I am going, heaven,   i just know some inform that you do not know,  They are setting people up,  and I do not like that,  This is wrong.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2007
I-YAHOO-BO DON DO YAHOO

NO SURPRISE FOR ME
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by faketan(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2007
http://odili.net/news/source/2007/dec/21/605.html

I know this is not from THISDAY.
Except Tribune is otherwise known as THISDAY? lol
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by skfa1: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2007
gfaroh   Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal
« #71 on: Today at 12:29:18 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That man is the begining and the end of nigeria problem.Think back to 1979 to date.Who is really responsilbe for all our problems.OBJ.The man no get shame!I dey wait to see wetin EFCC go do now.Na OBJ do this 419 no be Iyabo.Let us not forget that the family of the bodyguard that died while protecting her  was only given "20 000naira" and" she does not answer the phone when the woman calls".If she does not pay for this,Nigeria no go ever better again!   OLE.Na god go punnish all of them

Is this true?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by faketan(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2007
woman's inhumanity to man
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by DRANOEL(m): 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2007
are people actually rooting for the ugly b@#ch, no wonder nepa never works
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by lynxnoon(m): 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2007
she dem say blood is thicker water, make una no blame her she's only following her fathers footsteps
grin grin grin
FAMILY OF THIEVES angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by joshjosh(m): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2007
this is all that is wrong with our lovely country. i cant believe some people actually went out to cast their votes for obasanjo. i don't know if this is true or not a journalist friend once told me just before obasanjo came to power again that a gentleman had looked at him in the eyes and asked him " general what did you forget in office the last time you want to go pick up there" his (OBJ) answer was contracts and money.

9 years later he has been proved right. the idiot is a jerk and i read the other day he said he can be accused of being stubborn but not a thief. south Africa is about to plant another thief in power you see why the Africa man will be cousins to poverty and hardship for a long time to come

merry Christmas everyone
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by faketan(m): 1:22am On Dec 22, 2007
Hm Josh,

Obasanjo is the one who taunted General Gowon in 1993, asking him what he forgot in the state house that he was going back to take.(when he picked presidential nomination form).

I think OBJ was asked the same question when he contested for presidency in 1999 and he said that what he left has been destroyed.
I guess your friend was just being funny.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by MrInfo1(m): 2:26am On Dec 22, 2007
Even the father is under probe
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 2:36am On Dec 22, 2007
McKren (m)

""""""'Wells thats the more reasons I will trust you less, because Pastors are the only set of people who always made profit regardless of how poor our economy was doing.
Reason: They exploit the hopelessness of poor people """"

Mckren,  I can really see your point. Look I total agree with you,  The church is now a scam. They do exploit the hopeless and poor. I would not come here and lie to you. But I stand up and tell the whole world,  I have never in my life collect any form of money either under tithe or offering from anyone,  NEVER,  I work. I do believe in the bible principle that pastors most have a J.O.B,  Apart from older pastor who may be age may not permit,  You now see young men who should be productive to the economy now parading themself as pastors without Jobs,  Even with less than 50 members.

Look because someone does not have a job, those not mean he should go and form a church. Na 419 pastor plenty ,  One of the reason I do not attend redeem too have to be with this. And everybody in redeemed that knows my name ,  Knows I have openly oppose this issue of exploit the poor under the name of tithe. The record are there to see,  Even many high member of the church do know my stand on tithe,  I openly opposite it, using the bible,   

I have never desire to take not what is not mine,  Look if you ask people that knows me,  I can sleep under the carter bridge in lagos,  I have been given a car before by someone who is still alive . and I never drove it. I just came abroad then,  I continue to use the bus system, 

look at my past, While i was 13 years, I was born again. you can not compare me,  with this our so call pastor who after many years of 419 activity, they now claim they are born again,  And they start performing miracle (juju) and start speaking america in Nigeria. I live hear. I can small america too,  but it is because i live here,  When i dey Nigeria I talk Nigeria.

Look In the redeemed Church they would tell you I have openly oppose ordianation of too many pastor and openly oppose too many church because I beleive in quality over quantity. Go and ask about me.  I am not one of those your nigeria pastor. Look if I can talk openly on nairaland against the PDP and presidency when i know they have a source to know my name,  and arrest me when i come to Nigeria,  Do i sound like one of your 419 pastor,  How many of our Nigeria big time pastor can talk against the govt and tell them the home true. less than 10 at of a population of 150 million. It tell you too the church is worst than outside,  same for the mosque in Nigeria,  Imams are after money. That is why Yar Adua can not find people to look at his face and tell him the truth.

He has to solve our problem,  His minister look like the worst in nigeria history. They have been fighting people from day one instead of focusing on their job. They have to face their job and stop the fight. You were elected to solve our problem,  If he can not he should tell us. 7 month is enough time for us to know where he stand.

look if I am in Yar adua shoes,  I would call all the ministers and give them target, and if they do not meet the target,  God on the throne know what I would do,  i would sack all of them the next day.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by PAPABOMBOY: 3:47am On Dec 22, 2007
grin grin grin grin ;Dsomebody fine your trouble? Haba
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by ov: 4:35am On Dec 22, 2007
Pete Edochie: the lion cannot give birth to a goat. Fela talk say obasanjo na the biggest thief ITT! These explains I-YAHOO-BO's behaviour.

Kai! am begining to think that 9ja women de thief pass the guys o. WHAT A MAN CAN DO A WOMAN CAN DO BETTER. etteh, iyabo, i wonder which woman is next?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Jakumo(m): 6:27am On Dec 22, 2007
Iyabo Obasanjo is a clinically obese woman with a face so ugly even a mother would be hard pressed not to disown her, but Iyabo also happens to enjoy being serviced by young studs, and she needs a sure-fire way to attract them.

Knowing that no man in his right mind would be attracted to her by virtue of her masculine horse face and ass the size of Texas, Iyabo has wisely chosen to get as rich as possible by ANY means possible, so that the the size of her bank account can serve as the lure to the young men whom this obscenely fat mother of 2 so craves.

In fairness, Iyabo Obasanjo is only doing what similarly old and unattractive Nigerian MEN have done for decades with the Nigerian treasury in order to enhance their own desirability with those young college girls whom they so love to mount for their pathetic one-minute exertions.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by odada(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2007
@poster
How can you just be calling people you don't know thieves? angry angry you read the article didn't you?or aren't you following the story?according to reports from the NATION newspapers yesterday Iyabo Obasanjo defended herself in the ongoing scandal that she has clearly worked herself to the top and deserves to enjoy herself give or take wether she is the ex-presidents daughter or not.

When the news broke I was overwhelmed by the headlines until I read the full story?she is a PhD holder who has worked her way through life but now the press you know they would love to print anything about the ex or current president want to rubbish her?Honestly I don't like waking up don't and picking up my paper from the local vendor only to be greeted by one corruption story by a government official or another?

The major perpetrator of the said deal one Prince Awofisayo hasn't denied involving Dr Iyabo Obasanjo in the supposed deal with M.SCHNEIDER an Austrian firm,he is presently out of the country and believe that as soon as he arrives the country  his confession will exonerate the former first daughter.

Claiming to be Mrs Damilola Akinlawon to sign a contract that involves billions of naira shouldn't be the reason why people are trying to victimize this woman the international court of Arbitration in Paris has said that legally theres nothing wrong with that?even Prince Aofisayo won the case against the firm at the court hearings.The case has been referred to the EFCC and ICPC here in Nigeria and I will like I believe most of us will be following the case until the truth comes out and justice prevails.

I don't like the way the poster of this topic just came out and accused a noble family of being [i]Thieves[/i]just because theres an ex presidents daughter involved in a scandal?aren't we all humans anymore ?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by naijaking1: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2007
odada:

@poster
How can you just be calling people you don't know thieves? angry angry you read the article didn't you?or aren't you following the story?according to reports from the NATION newspapers yesterday Iyabo Obasanjo defended herself in the ongoing scandal that she has clearly worked herself to the top and deserves to enjoy herself give or take wether she is the ex-presidents daughter or not.

When the news broke I was overwhelmed by the headlines until I read the full story?she is a PhD holder who has worked her way through life but now the press you know they would love to print anything about the ex or current president want to rubbish her?Honestly I don't like waking up don't and picking up my paper from the local vendor only to be greeted by one corruption story by a government official or another?

The major perpetrator of the said deal one Prince Awofisayo hasn't denied involving Dr Iyabo Obasanjo in the supposed deal with M.SCHNEIDER an Austrian firm,he is presently out of the country and believe that as soon as he arrives the country his confession will exonerate the former first daughter.

Claiming to be Mrs Damilola Akinlawon to sign a contract that involves billions of naira shouldn't be the reason why people are trying to victimize this woman the international court of Arbitration in Paris has said that legally theres nothing wrong with that?even Prince Aofisayo won the case against the firm at the court hearings.The case has been referred to the EFCC and ICPC here in Nigeria and I will like I believe most of us will be following the case until the truth comes out and justice prevails.

I don't like the way the poster of this topic just came out and accused a noble family of being [i]Thieves[/i]just because theres an ex presidents daughter involved in a scandal?aren't we all humans anymore ?

Your post is quite a disappointment. If you're not a blind supporter of perpertrator of evil corruption in naija, how can you justify a first daughter, serving as a commissioner travelling to another country to sign a contract with a false name, and peddling her influence?

She should be setting good examples on good behaviour for all the small girl girls in naija who looked up to her, instead she used her position and family connection to demand 10% energy companies contract money.

Are stupidly blind followers like you able to see some of the reasons why we never had power through out the 8 year rule of OBJ?

It was not sabotuers as he alleged, but cancerous family members that benefited immensly from peddling energy contracts to foreign firms, while Nigerians wallowed in darkness.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2007
Have you ask yourself this question , why would M.SCHNEIDER an Austrian firm loss a court case in their country. Why
May be because they are running scam on Nigerian.

Why do you people assume that Only Nigerian run scam. In the USA the number of USA citizen that go to jail for bank scam out number the number of all country living in the USA.

Will you not assume that may be  M.SCHNEIDER an Austrian firm  was only trying to scam Nigeria,  And  a company  like this is running a scam,  do you not think they can even blackmail people,  We live here and we know the truth. I just do not want to start telling you what some even white people do over here too,  The you know the number of company that scam their employee of their hard earn wages over here. They run 419  on themself too. Why are USA jail full ,  Is is not because they are full of USA citizens.

Look at this case profile again,  Iyabo daughter of the president of an oil rich nation, an Ije butter, can you see that is a good prey for all 419 either white or black,   She is the correct profile of a mugu,  This is what  M.SCHNEIDER an Austrian firm  assume,   They classified her as a Mugu,  and are ready to use an means to take anything from her. How did mike tyson go broke, is it not because Robin target Tyson and consider tyson a mugu,  when she was done with Tyson the Mugu, she drop him. and move on to the next victim,  This is america for you. Iyabo may have been considered a mugu by this company,   I have video where white people have scam Nigerian,  I would look for them and link you,
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by babasin(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2007
''This is because there is a clear link between that N27 billion contract and the N3.5 billion power contract which M. Schneider and Co. later obtained from the Federal Government,'' AC said in a statement issued in Abuja yesterday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohamed.

It said the issues that should interest the country's anti-graft agencies and the National Assembly, include the following:

The 27 billion naira hospital refurbishment contract.
(a)Did the N27 billion contract pass through due process? Why was the Federal Ministry of Health sidelined in the award of that contract by the Presidency? What is so critical about the contract that the Ministry of Health cannot handle?

(2) How well or otherwise has the N27 billion contract been executed? Did Nigerians get value for that huge sum of money?

(3) Can the Presidency under Olusegun Obasanjo prove that it did not influence the award of the contract to Vamed because of the business ties between Awofisayo and Iyabo Bello Obasanjo?

(4) Since Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello was a serving Commissioner in Ogun State when she travelled to Austria to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Joint Venture Agreement with M. Schneider, as a representative of her company, Akiya Nig. Ltd., (which was awarded 10 per cent shares and 10 per cent commission) does the Code of Conduct Bureau allow a public official to engage in such deals?

(5) Did she not commit perjury and impersonation by using a pseudonym (Damilola Okanlawon) at the signing of that MOU and Joint Venture Agreement (even though she lodged at the hotel in Austria under her real

name), and at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) where the company, Akiya Nigeria Ltd., was registered?

(6) What did former President Obasanjo, know about the business partnership between Awofisayo and his daughter, which was consummated solely for the purpose of using her company to obtain contracts from the Federal Government, as information at our disposal shows?

Other puzzles raised by the AC are:

When the business relations between M. Schneider and its Nigerian partners went sour, why did the Nigerian subscribers, using a new company - Nigeria Transnational Energy Ltd - attempt to take over the contract? When their efforts failed, didn't the government of the former President cancel the contract to punish M. Schneider and protect Iyabo's interest?

Even if former President Obasanjo claims he did not know Iyabo had an interest in Akiya/M. Schneider, what happened to the much-touted due process under him that it could not detect her involvement in Akiya?

Is there any relationship between the messed-up power contract and the current blackout being suffered by Nigerians?

Why did Awofisayo buy an N11million Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) for Iyabo shortly after Vamed won the contract, if she did not influence its award?

What has the EFCC done since August 2007, when it was intimated with the sordid contract details in a petition sent by M. Schneider?
The party said the revelations so far about the alleged sordid deals during the Obasanjo administration " are a tip of the iceberg. We in the AC believe that these revelations and those to come will support our strong conviction that Obasanjo ran the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria.

"The former President is fully aware of this, hence his failed attempt to sit tight in office through the ill-fated third term.

The party renew its call for an expansive probe of the Obasanjo years.

Nigerians need hard answers and quickly too!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by spora(m): 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2007
EFCC probes Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, others over N3.5bn contract

“The attention of the EFCC has been drawn to several media reports on allegations of a contract misadventure said to involve Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello. “The dispute was first reported to the EFCC in July 2006 via a petition from Rickey Tarfa & Co., acting on behalf of M. Scheneider (Nig.) Ltd., among whose directors was Prince Albert Awofisayo.

“In the course of investigation, the parties to the dispute were invited and they made statements to the Commission. At the time, there was not a single mention of Senator Obasanjo-Bello by anyone.” The EFCC said it then concluded that the case was a case of contractual disagreement between businessmen and no crime was disclosed or unearthed. The commission, the statement added, consequently advised the disputants as to the nature of the matter and that it being civil in nature, they should settle it among themselves. The EFCC said it had the impression that the parties had heeded the commission’s advice and sought local and international arbitration.

“However, virtually the same complaint, but with a new information alleging impersonation by Senator Obasanjo-Bello has just been forwarded to the EFCC. Following the submission of the new petition to the commission, the EFCC is looking into the matter with a view to determining whether a crime that falls within its purview has been committed, in which case, the commission would take prompt action.

“However, the EFCC has observed a trend that seems to be catching on in the ranks of local and international crooks masquerading as businessmen, fraudsters and corrupt politicians to attempt to drag the commission into politics and employ the EFCC as a blackmail weapon. “The commission takes serious exception to despicable designs to drag it into fields well outside its mandate with the intent of making it lose focus and derail the war against economic and financial crimes.”

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200712221573975
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by Delesdairy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2007
Hello. i just saw your post on Iyabo Obasanjo in contract scandal. and picked interest in your statement "what are Nigerians citizen doing in the wake of this indictments,something must be done,Nigeria will be great again,if and if we determine to make the change" You talked about making a change and i am wondering and pondering on these questions. How?, when? and who leads the way in favor of the change you talk about? cry
David,
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by joshjosh(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2007
Nigeriaone, i bet you are OBJ's son or Nigeria's enemy. it didn't occur to you that most or should i say "many" of those scammers you say are not native American's by birth. that is not to say there are no "citizens" doing it but the numbers are very few because the stiff penalties and jail terms stop people doing these things. go work out the maths and note i said "many".

here in the UK most of the people who think nothing of swindling the state are mostly first or second generation British i.e immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants.

as a born citizen you almost have little or no chance of using false names or different aliases to run these scams. years ago when i came here you didn't need to produce any document to show who you are but thanks to our people who have no qualms about having five names in the system things have changed and that is not counting the outright thieves.

i think we need a re-education or programming that you don't need to own everything. our culture celebrates and tolerate thieves too much
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by oscar(m): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2007
Na wa'o! Guys, make una take am easy. Granted, Madam (sorry Dr. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello PhD) does not have any excuse in law for adopting a name (is that what u call impersonation?) inorder to carry out a business deal, which has apparently gone sour. I hear the company had petitioned the EFCC before now, but the EFCC had advised the various parties to go and resolve their 'business problems,' adding that it had no criminal implications. However, from the latest reports in the media, it is clear that it is no longer just problems among business partners. There is now the accusation by one party of fraud, and other financial criminality. I trust the anti-graft body is looking into the matter right now.
My point, really, is that it is not in our place as forummites to act as jury and judge rolled into one. Sure, we must say our bit, harrass and badger where necessary; but delivering judgments is way out of our purview, if i must say.

In any case, what the hardworking Vet. Dr.-turned Senator has done with regards to conducting business using her office as a Commissioner in her State, whether under an alias or not, is indeed condemnable. I believe she deserves whatever is coming to her now. (And, as an afterthought, has anyone sat in on any of the committee sessions where our good Lady Ex-President's Daughter is a member, to observe her contribution to the building of our democracy? My friends who have tell me she makes rather daft and unintelligent contributions. I wonder.) Peace to all mankind.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by tollyfat: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2007
Wonders ,they say shall never end.This scandal right here represents the litmus test for EFCC.If nothing is done to bring Iyabo to book by EFCC, Nuru Ribudu might as shut up and we will all know his past actions were acts of witch hunting.I dare Nuru and EFCC to prosecute Iyabo.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2007
One of talk about Alhaji Lai Mohamed one of the people the EFCC should be after. They should ask him all those contract he signed.  and they never were execuated,  No be that man who dey lagos before be that,    With lai Muhammad involve you know all this story is coming from the AC,  I sense I know those involve,  One of them is a claim AC member.  The AC want poer by all means,  So they need to break up PDP. If PDP fall for this, them be mugu. If on earth when the court is about to decided if there should be a reelection is this coming up. question,  My answer, AC is play their card well. Destroy PDP before the court date ,  and people would support you. I just never like Atiku.

Joshjosh , the probabilty of a first of second generation immigrate going to jail is low than non immigrate. In britain there are more british 3 and 4 generation in Jail than immigrate. The same apply for the USA. The one problem is the press help over blow any case of Immigrate going to jail because it makes news,  A white person going to jail would not make news in America. It is a common occurence. But if someone of the non visible minority goes, it is important.  It is an issue of numbers,  If tyson was a white man,  He would never get that much publicity. Look before tiger wood there were greater golf players,  The only thing that made tiger wood stand out is the colour of his skin.

Look Obama is getting more publicity than most of the other candidate for the white house because he is black.
Look when a white man rob a bank over here,  When you listen to the news,  They would describe him as a person just rob the bank. If a black man rob the bank, the press would make so much news about the fact that he is black. The news would go like this,  "A black man just rob a bank on warren st this morning" If it a white,  it a common occurance.

There are many people in Nigeria that have cases with the EFCC . but Iyabo is standing out because she is the child of the former president.
On the name issue  what if you discovered that one of the name was her mother father name, 

That comapny is a scam. Please just do a google that company and you would hardly find any thing about them. That man should be arrested for trying to scam Nigeria.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by FKseun(m): 9:05am On Dec 23, 2007
I don't know why we are breaking our heads over these OBJ-related issues! The man and his family have set this nation backwards for another 8yrs or more! The late Fela knew him to be a thief long ago. Admit it or not! What is the difference between the OBJs and the Abachas? OBJ was a financial wreck before he came out of prison and 8yrs after, he's a billionaire! His cousin was involved in the national ID card scam. I learnt another one is involved in NEPA. His in-law is involved in the current Police Trust Fund scandal. Just keep naming them. Time will reveal more. I pity my country and pity myself. While others are moving forward, we are here going in a circle. People will not speak the truth because of tribalism. F, K
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2007
Mrs. Alice Oladunni Akinlawon, 96 years is Iyabo Obasanjo grandmother, So Iyabo grandfather is Akinlawon, Why dont you ask your family In the USA, IF people do not use thier mother father name . They would tell you they do,
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2007
"Nigeria's enemy" joshjosh I think you are the enermy of Nigeria,  You see. Nigeria have electricity problem. We need to solve it.

Yar Adua have to agree to building more power plant, while we have the money.
Electricity is more important than the banking sector where they are given the external $50  billion plus too.  Electricity would transform Nigeria. Yar Adua should take my word for this. If we have 24 x7 electricity a day Nigeria would join the develop countries very soon.
We have the brain and people to change Nigeria. but electricity constitute 90% of all problem in Nigeria. Our hospital would function better, how banks too,  Our road would have light,  You see everything we do in life. We need most of the time 90% to use electricity. Even God said let there be Light. And I am telling Yar Adua. "LET THIER BE LIGHT "

He should know that AC party are waiting to replace him,  and some of the information are coming from them. Look when obasanjo wanted to build the Abuja stadium they all cry ,  Look the stadium no fine,  He fine,  Yar Adua as to listen to Ebenezer Obey story,  about a man and his son raiding a horse. Everywhere they went to people were not happy,  They complained.

Look support the Senate to include 200 billion into the budget for power,because if we can not build power station now, when the petrol prices are $100 when are we going to build them,  Oil price would not remain the same, 

Loook the state of New York generate,  32,000 MW with  generation resources of over 39,000 MW, and approximately 7.4 million retail customers.   How come Nigeria  with 150 million have just 3000MW.

Look Yar Adua here is my advice, I work in Nigeria & abroad too.  double the production of all thermal power   station,  since we have gas in them already,  Just award new extension project,  to about 1000MW for all this upcoming power plant. ( do not award to the same company but let them integrate the two system)It would cost about $5 billlion
to add another 4,500 MW. to what project obasanjo have already award. Look you would still be using the same gas pipe for obasanjo projects,  If you run your project side by side with the one Obasanjo started by the time you leave office 2011 Nigeria would  10,000 MW of power, 

Thermal station are better than hydro station in power generation. People are not building Hydro station again,  concentrate on thermal station, since we are wasting the gas in the Niger delta. You also solve pollution at the same time,  And Niger delta would not complain,  If you increase all those obasanjo project from 300 MW to 1000 MW. you would solve large portion of the problem. On transmission Iwould find time to share how transmission in nigeria and here is different,   We have to change the way we manage transmission in Ngeria. and distribution too. If you give me distribution licence i would come back home.

At least when we all look back, we would tell the world. It was yar Adua who built all the power plant in Nigeria. We may even call it "Yar Adua light". Let Yar Adua for God sake start sign contract for power generating station from the $50 billion. Our President Yar Adua " LET THERE BE LIGHT"

http://.com
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by nigeriaone: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2007
32,000 MW with  generation resources of over 39,000 MW, and approximately 7.4 million retail customers

Let do the calculation how many generating resources Nigeria need , using New York as the Yard parameter.

new york state is about 23  to 28 million people, 

Nigeria is about 150 million. Let say New york is 30milion.
It mean Nigeria needs 5 times what New York state is generating.  that is 32,000 x 5 = 160,000 MW of power but we only generate 3000MW  Which is only 1.87% of what we neeed in Nigeria,,

I beleive that we need less than 160,000 MW because New York and Nigeria is diferent economy and weather too is different,  Let assume we need half, which is 80,000MW,  Are we there yet. This is were our problem is,  That is what Nigeria and President Yar Adua should be talking about, 

Look at the disparity between lagos school and abuja schools. My Yar Adua no dey see this pictures, This is Nigeria for you, Abuja is not the only place that need development. go to Ondo state too and see children under the tree going to school,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/57360_lagosschool1_jpg40ca92fcb8d010d5e60baf053c19ecd6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/57361_lagosschool2_jpg1c41edb9e149317c4089abf7b0e44484
www.nairaland.com/attachments/57362_lagosschool3_jpg0f42ca630433b6f768d225dad3e121a2

See Abuja school and compare,

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal by joshjosh(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2007
Nigeriaone sorry to bother you one more time.
Nigeria don't have power problem. we have human resources and people problem. last year i was in Nigeria for my mum's funeral immediately the canopies went up and the musicians started testing their music equipment, the lights went off. i was called 5 mins later to settle a man from the authourity. i asked him what he thought we should do to the generators working he asked how many days we were holding the funeral. tell me it was the power station that was not working. it is always the people.

have you heard of solar energy sir? why don't we use it? i only took 2 £400 panels home last Christmas and my people have 24hrs power supply now. why can't that be repeated nation wide by the silly government. God gave us enough sun and thank God Nigeria is not NY the whole country would have died during the winter months not to talk o summer. give nigeria even 700,000 MW of power the people will still not work it out smoothly.

on your abuja schools and ondo schools. what is wrong with all those lovely millionaires you have there building the schools as part of their give back to the society they live in and some of them robbed.

i went to a primary school i went to years ago for a filming and was so shocked that we could't record anything because it was the most disgusting thing i have ever set my eyes on. i can't believe nigerians treat kids like that.

don't tell me there is no money in ondo or edo where i went to school. don't tell me there are no cements and tools to give these kids a better environment. it is the people who are misguided. the society has wrong priority. the money they waste doing those parties can easily be used to do these things for the betterment of the society.

why can some people gather together and use their bricklaying skills to work on those walls and some carpenters do the windows?

it is not about technology or anything like that. we have a great human resources wahala.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs / Ondo: Makarfi, Sheriff Factions Submit Different Candidates’ Names / Governors Endorse Sale Of National Assets Over Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.